Auto Add Textboxes in Forms

In case of the Forms I use, it is Desirable to make them as compact as
possible. Stripped of any unnecessary items. It seems usefull to make a form
which ads a new textbox everytime something has been entered in the last one.

My question: "What Code should I use to get my forms to add a new textbox
everytime something has been entered in the last one?"

Thanks in Advance!
0
Jasper (60)
2/28/2005 2:59:03 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Don't do it. The maintenance makes it more effort than it is worth. Just set
them all up in design, and maybe hide them until needed.

--

HTH

RP

"Jasper" <Jasper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> In case of the Forms I use, it is Desirable to make them as compact as
> possible. Stripped of any unnecessary items. It seems usefull to make a
form
> which ads a new textbox everytime something has been entered in the last
one.

> My question: "What Code should I use to get my forms to add a new textbox
> everytime something has been entered in the last one?"
>
> Thanks in Advance!

0
bob.phillips1 (6510)
2/28/2005 4:55:09 PM
How do I hide those textboxes then?

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

> Don't do it. The maintenance makes it more effort than it is worth. Just set
> them all up in design, and maybe hide them until needed.
>
> --
>
> HTH
>
> RP
>

> "Jasper" <Jasper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > In case of the Forms I use, it is Desirable to make them as compact as
> > possible. Stripped of any unnecessary items. It seems usefull to make a
> form
> > which ads a new textbox everytime something has been entered in the last
> one.
> >
> > My question: "What Code should I use to get my forms to add a new textbox
> > everytime something has been entered in the last one?"
> >
> > Thanks in Advance!

0
Jasper (60)
3/1/2005 8:19:02 AM
TextBox1.Visible = False

--

> How do I hide those textboxes then?
>
> "Bob Phillips" wrote:
>
> > Don't do it. The maintenance makes it more effort than it is worth. Just
set
> > them all up in design, and maybe hide them until needed.
> >
> > --
> >
> > HTH
> >
> > RP
> >

> > "Jasper" <Jasper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > In case of the Forms I use, it is Desirable to make them as compact as
> > > possible. Stripped of any unnecessary items. It seems usefull to make
> > form
> > > which ads a new textbox everytime something has been entered in the
last
> > one.
> > >
> > > My question: "What Code should I use to get my forms to add a new
textbox
> > > everytime something has been entered in the last one?"
> > >
> > > Thanks in Advance!

0
bob.phillips1 (6510)

How to add 5 min to current time ()
Greeting, How to add 5 min to current time ()?? On Tue, 12 Feb 2008 21:23:00 -0800, ghost <ghost@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Greeting, >How to add 5 min to current time ()?? DateAdd("n", 5, Now()) or for just a time value - actually a date/time value on December 30, 1899 - DateAdd("n", 5, Time()) -- John W. Vinson [MVP] ...

EzPaste-xl2ppt Excel add-in, automating the copy/paste of charts and data
Hello, This is to notify about the release of EzPaste (http:// www.EzPaste.net), an Excel add-in intended to completely automate the transfer of charts and data from Excel to PowerPoint. EzPaste identifies automatically all the charts and the tables defined in the active workbook. The user then selects which of them he wants to paste to PowerPoint=AE , and EzPaste does all the work, would you have to paste one or one hundred tables/charts at once Even if you have to paste the selected range or chart, EzPaste does it with the click of a button Sorry if this message is a bit advertising, b...

Public Folders: How to set up Auto-Reply in EX2003?
Hi guys, I've configured a public folder to receive mail from the Internet, and also set up an auto-reply rule using the Folder Assistant to reply when an e-mail is sent to the folder. The folder will auto-reply just fine if I e-mail it from within the Exchange organization, but if folks from the Internet e-mail the folder, it doesn't reply. Any ideas? Thanks! Jeff I ended up figuring out what the problem was. Just in case anyone else has this problem, what I needed to do to fix it was: - Open Exchange System Manager > Global Settings > Internet Message Formats - Right-c...

Autofill In Linked Forms
I have created a couple of forms by selecting all the fileds in the form wizard from two tables: 1. Suppliers (Fields: Supplier, Address, Contact, etc.) 2. Products (Fields: Supplier <Lookedup from Supplier Table>, Product, Rate, etc.) Upon clicking the toggle button on Suppliers form I have the Products form opened. However, as I enter the data in it, I want the Supplier filed in the same be automatically be filled with the Supplier name as in the opened Supplier form so as to be filtered and displayed the next time I open the same instead of manually inserting the sa...

Name Range with using Data Form
I first created a variable with A1:D1, four columns with named variable Data. How to expand this Data range to A1:D2 after using the DataForm to add one row data in the worksheet?? The same, the Data range should be A1:D3 when adding one more data row... million thanks Hi use the following formula in the name definition dialog =OFFSET($A$1:$D$1,0,0,COUNTA($A:$A)) >-----Original Message----- >I first created a variable with A1:D1, four columns with named variable >Data. How to expand this Data range to A1:D2 after using the DataForm to add >one row data in the worksheet?? The...

Can see form in design view but not in open or layout view
I have set up the tables, relationships and forms. When I first created the form I was able to view when clicking open. I made a couple of changes and now when I click on open a box pops up to enter perimeter value. Also, I can no longer see the form in opne or layout but if I click for design view, I can see my form and all the tabs. There is either something missing or somthing is named incorrectly. Had a similar problem recently where a new version was installed in the front end, but the table in the back end had not been updated properly (a new field) and the new version of the...

cannot add to archive.pst
A few months ago, I manually archived a few folders of my inbox and it worked great. I verified that the archive was there, (open outlook data file) and the archive data was in my folder list. I just tried to archive more data and it does not work. I do not get any error messages, outlook seems like it is going through the process ( a little quickly) but the files do not move. They are still in the original folders, not in archive. archive.pst did not change in size. How can I correct this? Using Outlook 2003. Archive depends on the date settings you have set, and this date is t...

Sales --> Transaction Entry Auto serial strange attitude
Dear All I am using GP 10 SP2 I am using screen Sales --> Transaction Entry When I type a serial in the document, number let us say “CAI00001” “CAI00002” “CAI00003” Then if I closed the document and then I opened it again I found that the default serial is “CAI00004” which I don’t want that 1 - So I am asking why is that happening ? 2 - How can I stop that? 3 – is there is a way to tell the system not to put these default numbers and I will let the user add them by his own. Please advise me what to do I am really in a big trouble. Thank you Go to Sales Order Processing Setup Options a...

Subtracting value from main form
I have a borrow module which will alow user to return item separately. So, I have get the structure of returning it separately. In my main form is the borrowing item, with the loaned quantity and the owed quantity (will be calculated). In the subform, there is the returning transaction. User will need to key in the quantity returned and it will be automatically deducted from the quantity owed. But how am I supposed to get the quantity deducted while it 1 is in main form and the other is in subform? -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-fo...

Outlook/Access 2003
I've been doing a lot of research and purchased (but haven't completely read) Sue Mosher's book. However, before I spend much more time I'd like to find out if my idea is even feasible. The basic idea is to create an appointment system for multiple therapists that can be used by a receptionist and other staff. Using Outlook and Exchange is very nice but the appointment data needs to end up in an Access table immediately. We can purchase SBS 2003 with Exchange 2003 or we can buy a third party tool for calendar sharing whichever would be the easiest to use. I currently...

Keeping forms in order they are entered?
I am working with a database that was designed for us and have pretty much just used without having to change much in but have now run into a problem and hope someone can help. We track and number complaints we recieve by number using last digits of year recieved then next number, i.e. a complaint recived 12/31/09 might be 9234 and first one received this year would be 10001 and the next would be 10002. The problem is now when I open my forms and go to the last one it is the 9234 instead of the 10002 which I need. How do I keep that last form I entered last the next time I open the data...

Is it possible to add a "View" button under the purchase order section?
Would be nice to have the abilty to allow someone to be able to view the purchase order as opposed to the given "new, delete, edit, or receive" buttons. This way someone who needed the information and did not have the appropriate security would not be able to delete or change the PO. I tried to CTL S the new, delete, edit and receive buttons, but that basically locks them out completely. Is this something that may be possible? You can make excel pivot table so any employee can view that worksheet from their terminal. This way you can define the fields you want to show as well ...

auto filter data within pivot table
Hello, Does anyone know how can we filter data within a pivot table? or sort the data from ascending to decending order withing a pivot table??? Can we do that? It doesnt seems to work?! Thanks. Elaine. You can add fields to the page area, and use them to filter the pivot table's data. To sort a field, select a cell in a column, and click the A-Z button on the Excel toolbar. elaine wrote: > Does anyone know how can we filter data within a pivot table? or sort > the data from ascending to decending order withing a pivot table??? > Can we do that? > > It doesnt se...

increment through controls on form
I have a form that I've name the controls on it in such a way that I could determine through open args if it should be locked or not. Example any text box that begins with txtd would be unlocked with open args of 1. I was hoping there was a way I could just move through the controls in a loop and set that property with one function.....I'm not for sure how to accomplish this though. Does anyone have some sample code on how to "loop" through all the controls on a form and set the locked property? I can write the criteria portion if I could get a sample of how to ...

Add range options to Rec Dist report
Add additonal range options to the Receivings Distribution report - only by Audit Trail is allowed ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=b0268d6b-4b6a-4805-9b52-e...

Annoying Auto correct
Please HELP. I am entering strings of numbers for street adresses, such as "137th" or "73rd" and when I advance to the next cell, Excel is automatically and INCORRECTLY CHANGING these entries to "137Th" and "73Rd". I cannot find which auto correct feature or other option is doing this to me and it is driving me crazy. Could someone help me find what I need to shut off? Jay I think it's Tools / Options / Edit / Enable Autocomplete for Cell Values turn off that checkbox. "jayceejay" wrote: > Please HELP. I am entering strings ...

Attach Trigger to Save Function of Form
I am in the processes of trying to attach a trigger to the Save function of an already existing GP form using Dex. In one of the documents, it states that the CM_Checkbook_Maitenance has a SaveRecord function. I am trying to acces the function that is similar to this on the PM_Vendor_Maitenance form. I tried using SaveRecord and when I tried to compile it it says that it is an unknown reference. Is there some documentation with a list of the functions for each form? Mike, PM_Vendor_Maintenance is an older form and probably doesn't have a SaveRecord function. Try running t...

look way to map form at CRM frontend to tables at CRM database
How can I find out what tables which new record has been added on when I enter data through a form in CRM front end? I try to find way to map form in the CRM frontend to the tables at the CRM database at backend? It is CRM 3.0 Thank in advances for help! ...

Cannot add user to CRM
I have trouble adding user to the CRM. I have 50 users in AD, however, when it comes to adding user in CRM, I can only choose from 15 of them. I wonder why!? I suppose I should be able to pick from all 50 users whoever is in the AD, right? If anyone have any clue on this problem and give me some feedback, I would surely appreciate that!!! CRM deployment manager will not display certain categories of users - eg if they have been migrated from NT domains or Novel NDS without passwords. Search the group archives for UserAccountControl "Martijn van Halen" <MartijnvanHalen@d...

upload form problem / server question
www.icingpictures.co.uk / win xp / frontpage 2003 Want to create a form with upload file form field - i read on this forum that the server type i use is important - it should be a windows type server with frontpage extensions - i currently use a linux server with front page extensions - do i need to change to a windows server? Thanks for taking a looka t my question. Joyce Yes, you must have a Windows Server, just like you stated you read. -- Tom [Pepper] Willett Microsoft MVP - FrontPage Since 1997 --------------------------- "threademporium" <threademporiu...

Is batch ID is required in payables transaction entry form?
Is batch ID is required in payables transaction entry form? How about if I just have 1 invoice and do not want to create a batch for it? can I still process the invoice? Hi Bab, A batch i.d. number is not required. You have to post your invoice both in the Payables module and also in the Financial module. I check weekly for any "series batches" that have not been posted in my A/P, A/R, P/R, and Financial modules. If they go unposted it can create havoc. I hope this has been helpful to you. -- Diana "Bab" wrote: > Is batch ID is required in payables transa...

Hiding a textbox
I dont really need to hide the textbox as much as I need everything below it to move up when its blank. I suspect I should be using a different control for this. Basically I have 4 databound texboxes but the one in the middle is often empty. So when its empty I need everything below it to move up. Help? Go to design view and select the textbox. Open properties. Set the Can Shrink property to Yes. Steve santus@penn.com "sean_mcad" <seanmcad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:514CCB84-7401-4A6B-8708-9897B9D8FFE2@microsoft.com... >I don...

automatically add borders to a cell after entry is complete
I've seen this done before. I would like to format the cells in my spreadsheet to automatically add a border to seperate one cell entry from the next after I'm finished with the entry. In other words after I tab out of the cell. Thanks, BKD you can set a conditional formatting. Highlight the area you will input numbers go to format--> conditional Formatting--> cell value is change to not equal to 0 click on format, select border--> choose one with all borders around it, click ok and ok again. now if you input any number except 0 you will see the borders. hope it hel...

Outlook 2002/2003 auto-complete function
How do i clear out the "database" of the auto-complete function in the To,cc and bcc fields. i know how to do a single name clear by clicking delete is there a way to clear all the names out? To clear the entire cache, follow the instructions here: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q287623 -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Brian James" <bjames@beconet.com> wrote in message news:009101c3ad51$120b6a00$a501280a@phx.gbl... > How do i clear out the "database" of the auto-complete > function in the To,cc and bcc fields. i know how...