Assign Random ID

I have an evolving list of names on a donor list. Evolving means adding new=
 names yearly. I would like to use VLOOKUP to be able to have yearly donati=
ons properly updated on a master list. I know how to use VLOOKUP, but I do =
not have a unique identifier for each donor.
I would like to be able to assign a random ID to each current user, and any=
 new user I may add in the future. I would not be doing any sorting based o=
n this ID, but usually by LAST NAME of each donor. I do not want to lose th=
e ID attached with each name.

Any ideas?
0
TesnoBay (2)
3/26/2012 11:44:35 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow