Anyone want to make some money?

I tried to post this in the Commerical Services Forum, but I wasn't abl
to.

I need to have a simple spreadsheet made to help with the selling o
cars. There are 2 people, Matt and Ken, that have both put in $X int
starting a business of buying and selling used cars. The spreadshee
needs to calculate investment, sales, and profit, and then divide it u
50/50. Here are the details:

It needs to show, year, make, model, vin, date of purchase, location i
was bought, price of purchase, advertising fee, method of advertising,
place that if markes as YES will add $100 fee (named FEE) or if marke
NO or left BLANK it will not add it, repairs and misc description
repairs and misc amount, retail price, 7% tax if applicable, date o
retail sale, and to whom it was sold, and profit.

Then, the profit needs to be show as a total from start to date, an
also split in two for Matt and Ken. There should be a place that show
total available cash and what amount is currently in vehicles.

Also, Matt and Ken need to be able to make cash withdrawls from thei
profit as long as their is availble cash to cover it - and th
withdrawals need to have a date and amount, and then obviously it need
to update all necessary fiedls after a withdrawal.

I am willing to pay a modest amount to have somone do this, as I don'
have the skills to do it.

Please email me or pm me if you are interested.

-Mat

--
matta
mattad's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2853

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Matt,
I can take a shot at this.  I've built plenty of financial models -
nothing quite like this, but think I should be able to handle it.
Shoot me a note at cvolkert@yahoo.com if you are still looking for
something and we can work out the details.

--
cvolkert
cvolkert's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24380

I have made most of what I think you want. e-mail me at
sjd371@netzero.com and
I will send it to you.

0
sjd371 (3)
11/4/2005 3:00:31 AM
You realize you most likely do someone's school work?

--
Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

(No private emails please)

<sjd371@netzero.com> wrote in message
>I have made most of what I think you want. e-mail me at
> sjd371@netzero.com and
> I will send it to you.

0
terre081 (3244)
11/4/2005 4:51:32 AM
I am not in school.  I am too old for school.

--
mattad
mattad's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28538

cvolkert,

Exposing your email address to the web is how spammers get your email
address.  They have spam bots (robots) that search the web for email
addresses, and they sell them to spammers.  My old email address got picked
up from news posts, and in a couple of years, I was getting 100 spams a
day -- literally.  Every day.  I've had another email address for two years
now, which I've never put on anything that's visible on the web, and get
very little spam.  So far.

For all the good stuff on the web, it's also a junkyard littered with broken
glass, nails, and other noxious stuff we have to be careful of.

Earl Kiosterud
www.smokeylake.com

"cvolkert" <cvolkert.1xy99y_1131069601.3113@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in
message news:cvolkert.1xy99y_1131069601.3113@excelforum-nospam.com...

> Matt,
> I can take a shot at this.  I've built plenty of financial models -
> nothing quite like this, but think I should be able to handle it.
> Shoot me a note at cvolkert@yahoo.com if you are still looking for
> something and we can work out the details.
>

> --
> cvolkert
> cvolkert's Profile:
> http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24380
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=481983

0
someone798 (944)

More Money Annoyances...
I have downloaded a couple of bank statements direct from the internet, which Money 2003 recognised as they were downloaded and intercepted. I am now reminded to 'review' the statements when I go to my money home page. However, when I click on the relevant accounts, no sign of the transactions ! What gives ? I have a standing order that goes from a dollar account to a sterling account at a fixed sterling rate (ie the dollar rate varies with the exchange rate). How do I set this up in Money 2003 ? I can set up transfers/orders etc in the account's own currency, but not to a fixe...

Unreconciling Multiple Rows In Money
I would like to know if there is a way to unreconcile multiple rows in Microsoft Money? I can do one at a time, but I need to do a large number of them and don't want to do them one at a time. I've tried to contact Microsoft directly about this but got passed to the company that I bought my machine from, who passed me off to another support number in their company - which tried to charge me for asking this question. Any info on this would be great! Doug In microsoft.public.money, Doug wrote: >I would like to know if there is a way to unreconcile multiple rows in >Microsoft ...

How to make autostart programs in USB stick memory
Hi. Some said, when USB memory stick putting on PC, it can start autostart programs, like Autorun.inf of CD-R. Does any know how to do it? Thanks, M.M. M.Miura wrote: > Some said, when USB memory stick putting on PC, it can start > autostart programs, like Autorun.inf of CD-R. Does any know > how to do it? Same way. Most systems these days have autorun disabled. ;-) (for good reason.) -- Shenan Stanley MS-MVP -- How To Ask Questions The Smart Way http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html M.Miura wrote: > Hi. > > Some ...

Money 99 on WinXP Pro SP2
I used to run Money 99 Standard on my PC running Win98. I'm now trying to install Money 99 on my new PC running WinXP Pro Service Pack 2. Here is the problem I'm facing: I am able to install Money 99 (from my OEM CD) on my PC running WinXP Pro and no errors show up during installation. But once installed, Money refuses to start. I have tried running the MSMONEY.EXE file in Win 95 as well as Win 98 compatibility mode but it hasn't worked. I also tried installing Money 99 in Win 95 & Win 98 compatibility mode. It installs but it still doesn't run. Am I doing somethi...

Opening Money 2000 in XP with corrupt profile
I have a login on my computer which has become corrupted. It has a corrupted registry file. XP cannot open it. So I am using another login. However this login opens Microsoft Money as a new user - even if I click on my old "My Money.mbf" How do I get to my old data? In microsoft.public.money, Andrew Davroche <Andrew Davroche@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a login on my computer which has become corrupted. It has a corrupted >registry file. XP cannot open it. So I am using another login. However >this login opens Microsoft Money as a new u...

Have Office Xp, but want to get just Publisher off a Office 2000.
any one have a solution Publisher is on the second disk of Office 2000. You can install it as a standalone. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "kev" <kev@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E8934684-34E1-4689-93A5-60872C7510FD@microsoft.com... > any one have a solution ...

want thumbnail pictures
AM USING XP AND WANT TO COPY 2003 PUBLISHER PICTURES TO "MY DOCUMENTS" AND GET A THUMBNAIL PICTURE. I CAN GET THE TITLE AND CAN CLICK ON THE BLUE SQUARE AND GET MY PICTURES. I WOULD LIKE TO GET THE THUMBNAIL PICTURE IN THE BLUE SQUARE INSTEAD OF THE ICON.. HELP--THANKS ROY wrote: > AM USING XP AND WANT TO COPY 2003 PUBLISHER PICTURES TO "MY > DOCUMENTS" AND GET A THUMBNAIL PICTURE. I CAN GET THE TITLE AND CAN > CLICK ON THE BLUE SQUARE AND GET MY PICTURES. I WOULD LIKE TO GET > THE THUMBNAIL PICTURE IN THE BLUE SQUARE INSTEAD OF THE ICON.. > HELP--THA...

how i can make the numbers
hi i am fatih fistly sorry my english is not good my trouble is haw can i will write the number of the contribution for example 1.000.000.000 =yaziyla(b42) (one milyar) and tahan my office version is turkish version thank you so your company will interesting my problem Fatih, If I understand you correctly, you want a formula to translate numbers to words (in Turkish). Laurent Longre has a language version of an function which offers this capability. It is at http://longre.free.fr/english/ I don't know if it supports Turkish, but if not, send me the Turkish words for all...

Can you make a crossword puzzle by putting the words in?
I have to make a crossword puzzle for one of my classes, and was wondering if there is a program on my computer that will show me how to make the crossword puzzles. If you can help that would be great. Perhaps this MS link would be of interest: http://www.microsoft.com/education/Crossword.aspx "Design a Crossword Puzzle in Microsoft Excel" -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- GMT+8, 1° 22' N 103° 45' E xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot>com ---- "Kat" wrote: > I have to make a crossword puzzle for one of my classes, and was wondering if > there is ...

Money 2003 only allows integer splits, what about 2004?
I recently ran into a problem in reclassifying Vanguard mutual fund Investor shares to Admiral class shares. There is no change in tax basis for this, thus I thought that using the stock split function would be perfect. Unfortunately in Money 2003 Deluxe it only allows integer splits (e.g., 2 for 1, 3 for 5, etc.) and the change in my mutual fund share status is not integral: for each Investor share one gets (say) 2.045767892 Admiral shares (which are priced 2.045767892 times higher, price obviously rounded to two places). Even using the total number of shares before and after, like 28...

Money 2004 #68
Is there a way to add columns to a report, when the desired column is NOT one of the listed choices in the customize area of a report? No. "merriv" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2dda501c46a9b$8057cf50$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a way to add columns to a report, when the > desired column is NOT one of the listed choices in the > customize area of a report? In microsoft.public.money, merriv wrote: >Is there a way to add columns to a report, when the >desired column is NOT one of the listed choices in the >customize are...

Identify versions of money
I had Money 2004 installed on my computer, but the computer no longer works and I lost my cd, but have my file, My file is password protected and I can't open it with the actual version of money, it says "Money cannot open this file because it was created by an incompatible version. My paper box cd has the number - "105-00462 origin ireland". How can I tell if an old verison of money is compatible with this one ? Or the product that I am buying is compatible with this one ? Can i find an old trial of money 2004 compatible just to open the file and export it ? Wher...

excel chart showing movable graph at what point we make a profit
in a business would like to make a chart based on accumulated Earnings & Profit/Loss for year to date, perhaps movable showing our break even point and by moving chart to a another earnings figure what profit we should make. For example put in earnings for YTD Profit/Loss YTD then I can move the earnings part of the chart to show what our profit would be for a given earnings figure. Alternatively If For example if we earn $200 for year so far and profit is $0 but any amount over that is 18% profit so I can move chart line to say $240 and it will say what profit I will make. Hope ...

Money 2004 Standar can't convert Money 2000 Delux File
Hi all, I just installed Money 2004 Standar on XP. I just buy It. I used to have a Money 2000 Delux version. When I try to convert my data file (from Money 200), the program makes a copy of the file with the extension "MN8" and then stops with the error: "Money cannot covert the file. The older varsion is not supported" Is there any way I can convert my Money 2000 Delux file into a Money 2004 Standar file? Thanks, Fernando S. ...

Money 2001 #10
when using the portfolio I entered a new transaction under a new acount and an error message appeared "M Money has encountered a problem and needs to close". The computer then shuts down or locks up. This happens whenever I click on portfolio. This problem has occured twice over the past month. The first time I went back one month and reentered all my transactions before the error accured and was going along fine but then it happened again while entering a transaction under a new account. ...

Money 2006 problem
I just installed the money 2006 trial version but when I try to run Money it just opens briefly and then immediately closes. Money 2003 was doing the same thing but I thought maybe 2006 would fix the problem. Can anyone help me please? Instead of opening Money, navigate to the folder where you have your .mny file using My Computer or Windows Explorer and double click on the sample.mny file. That will tell us if your My Money.mny file is faulty or the M2006 installation. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?sc...

how do you make pictures your slide background
iam am trying to make a map of the hundred years war my actual background not tryng to make a picture slideshow in ppt. 2003, in the same way you can change the back ground fill or make a whole new slide design also how do you make i template in ppt. i kinda forgot This should get you started: Design efficiently with masters: http://office.microsoft.com/training/training.aspx?AssetID=RC011536491033 Lucy -- Lucy Thomson PowerPoint MVP MOS Master Instructor www.aneasiertomorrow.com.au "ppthelp" <ppthelp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

Money 2004 #82
Another disgruntled Quicken user here (is there any other kind these days?) I was happy enough with Quicken 2001, but now they're turning it off and making me upgrade to 2005. (It's free, but not worth it. I'd rather buy 2001 over again than use this piece of shit.) So, I checked out Money 2005, and found that it's an even bigger piece of shit than Quicken 2005, which really takes some doing. I did a bit more hunting around and found a demo of Money 2004, and loaded that up. It didn't do a worse job of importing the Quicken data than 2005 (which is to say it ca...

Outlook keeps making itself Default
Hi, Everytime I start Outlook it takes over as default for email and addresses even though I have that option unchecked in outlook, and in IE I set OE Express as default, yet each time I launch outlook it takes over as Default, any ideas TIA Wayne ...

HOWTO Make CDialog's with ActiveX in a LIB.
HOWTO Make CDialog's with ActiveX in a LIB. Please help, I'm having a heck of a time trying to get a CDialog derrived class host a single ActiveX control (the CWebBrowser control), from a static LIB. When the OnInitDialog for the class call's CDialog::OnInitDialog it bombs inside the DoDataExchange for the DDX_Control of the control. Specifically at dlgdata.cpp line 43, with the following ASSERT: TRACE(traceAppMsg, 0, "Error: no data exchange control with ID 0x%04X.\n", nIDC); The reason why this ASSERT fails is because the CDialog's "m_pCtrlCont" i...

How do I make this formula?
I have an Excel worksheet to track my 401k performance. I have a row for Date, the Balance corresponding to each date, Contributions, a formula to calculate my Total Contributions, and a formula to calculate my Total Gain/Loss. My question is, how to I get my Gain/Loss formula to update corresponding to a new Date/Balance? Is there a formula function to make the formula ignore Column data in the previous Rows? Thanks! There will be, just add/subtract items from that row. Can you show us an example with data. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) &...

can I make cell "yes" equal 1, "no" equal 0
in another cell? =IF(AND(A1<>"yes",A1<>"no"),"",(A1="yes")*1+(A1="no")*0) -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "can I make cell yes equal 1, no equa" <can I make cell "yes" equal 1, "no" equa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8E222344-E390-4D39-B82D-39586CC55A64@microsoft.com... > Picky but I don't think that you need the " +(A1="no")*0 " Just =IF(AND(A1<>"yes",A1<>"no"),"&quo...

POS is making me angry!!!
This program has not seemes to work correctly since the day I bought it. The problem I am having recently is NOTHING will apply. For example: I want to make a buy X get Y discount to apply automatically during a transaction. I set up the discount apply all the items I want to it, and edit it in the item properties, but it won't apply during the transaction. I need 2 receipts to print automatically on a sales transaction. I change that in the receipt format in Manager, but POS still won't print 2 receipts. It's very irritating, I've restarted all the programs and even r...

Three words to describe Money 2005...
Wasted screen space. Holy cow! This a TERRIBLE use of screen real estate. In register view, nearly 25% of the scren is filled up with the toolbars and *WHITE* space with no meaningful information! Whoever designed this interface, pretty though it is, lost sight of what's important: information. I'm terribly disappointed. I've never felt like Money had too much fluff... until now :( ...

MS Money 2002 #4
How do I change my email address when I log onto MS Money 2002? You mean the mail address on your Passport? You have to go to the Passport Web site to do that. http://www.passport.com. Were I you, to be on the safe side, I'd go to File|Login Lockbox and remove the passport from your Money file first. Then go and change the email address on the Passport, the re-add the Passport, if you really want to. "Dawna" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4caa01c3e46f$c54f09a0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > How do I change my email address when I log onto MS Money ...