Anyone know how to do this in Excel?

http://img61.imageshack.us/img61/466/excel7no.jp

--
Funky
FunkyT's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=699
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=48219

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

I am sure loads of people do, but if you are not going to be more explicit
than that I cannot see them bothering.

--

HTH

RP

"FunkyT" <FunkyT.1xz7zy_1131114601.8369@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in
message news:FunkyT.1xz7zy_1131114601.8369@excelforum-nospam.com...

http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=6993
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=482194

0
bob.phillips1 (6510)
11/4/2005 2:48:47 PM
What further information is required?  I want to display a +ve valu
both above the bellow the x axis

--

FunkyT wrote:
> What further information is required?  I want to display a +ve value
> both above the bellow the x axis.

Short answer to short question:
You need to customize a chart to do what you want.

Bill
0
billsharpe (44)
11/6/2005 11:52:59 PM
Thanks - do you know how I need to customize it?  Thanks.

--

FunkyT wrote:
> Thanks - do you know how I need to customize it?  Thanks.

A Google search for "Excel chart customination" yields lots of
possibilities.

Bill
0
billsharpe (44)
11/7/2005 7:27:25 PM
FunkyT Wrote:
> What further information is required?  I want to display a +ve value
> both above the below the x axis.

Assuming the values below 0 on the y axis are negative values that you
don't want the '-' sign to display, you could use a number format code
of 0;0;0 on the y axis.

--
MrShorty
MrShorty's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=22181

Thanks very much.  That's a great help.

--
FunkyT
FunkyT's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=6993
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=482194

SQL with Excel
Is it possible to get a result set from data stored in an excel file with SQL statement? e.g. Select Sheet1.Column_A, Sheet2.Column_B from Sheet1, Sheet2 where Sheet1.ColumnC = Sheet2.Column_D and Sheet1.Column_E > 10 Thanks for providing any hint or tools. Kenneth has brought this to us : > Is it possible to get a result set from data stored in an excel file with SQL > statement? > e.g. > Select Sheet1.Column_A, Sheet2.Column_B from Sheet1, Sheet2 where > Sheet1.ColumnC = Sheet2.Column_D > and Sheet1.Column_E > 10 > Thanks for providing any hint or tools. ...

excel vb and dqy
hello, I would like execute a file dqy in vba excel please do you have the command for to do it thank you The macro recorder can be your friend -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Dave" <dfdf@dfffff> wrote in message news:4618a1eb$0$5086$ba4acef3@news.orange.fr... > hello, > > I would like execute a file dqy in vba excel please do you have the > command for to do it > > thank you > ...

PDF Add-in for Excel 2003
Hi, Excel 2007 has a feature which enables you to create a PDF document from the spreadsheet. Is there an add-in available for Excel 2003 that does the same thing? I am aware of PDF writer applications which work by sending the printed output to piece of software, but this is not what i'm looking for. So please do not reply, suggesting software similar to Cute PDF, PDF 995 or PDF Redirect. These programs do not give us the desired output, so I am only interested in add-ons which are similar to the 2007 feature. Chris. Thu, 21 Feb 2008 02:38:00 -0800 from Kentucky <Kentucky@di...

Copy Filenames into Excel
I need to create an index with comments on a large database of engineering plans. I would like to copy "just" the filename and if possible the "date modified" from the plans directory to columns in an excell spreadsheet. Is this possible Steve Hi Steve, Try this, Sub listFile() Dim myDir, myFileType, rowCount, first, myFileName, fileDate myDir = "e:\scrap" ' 'change to suit myFileType = "*.xls" 'change the extension rowCount = 1 first = True Do While True If first = True Then myFileName = Dir(myDir + "\" & myFileType) ...

Excel 2003 keeps crashing
I dont know if someone could help me out with this issue: multiple users here have this same problem that whenever they open a particular Excel file, it gives them a "Send Report Error." Weird thing about it is it doesnt happen in all their Excel files, only happens to some of them. Also tried opening the very same file/s they are having problems with on my machine and it worked fine. Details: Files are saved in a network folder Files are under 50MB size (varies) Files have Macros imbedded Files have links I have patched Office (SP2), updated Acrobat Reader, updated signatures, u...

Excel QUOTIENT ; That's the matter with the formula ......
1. Enter the following formula into a worksheet cell :- 2. = QUOTIENT (36,16) + RQP 3. Where RQP (=26) is a Named Formula (well defined). 4. The given formula appears to calculate well until the partial evaluation in the Formula Bar gives #NAME? (that's apparently an error condition). 5. That means that when the function QUOTIENT is applied in a larger formula, it would stall thereof. 6. There are inevitably dithering moments at the expense of troublshooting. 7. Please share your experience. Regards. What's the definition of RQP? When I put 26 in a cell and name that cell RQP....

Re: Anyone heard from David A recently?
He sent me a message today. "We got hit head-on by a British tourist in a hired RV who was drunk at the wheel. Thankfully we are still alive and should be back to as close as possible and as can be expected to 100%." He says he'll be back on-line in 10-14 days. Mike Do you have an email address? I would love to send him a speedy recovery message... -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Mike Koewler" <wordwiz@fuse.net> wrote in message news:41ffe$42b42f9a$d8c4a621$415@FUSE.NET... > He se...

Fix the Excel Clipboard
The excel clipboard, one of the longest running bugs in microsoft history, should be fixed to act just like any other clipboard. When something is copied from excel and a user does any action other than paste (such as manually enter a value) the clipboard gets cleared. This does not happen in any other windows application that I know of. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this ...

Workflow Rule
Hi there, I'm new to Microsoft CRM. We've just installed v3.0 and I'm trying to create my first workflow rule using the Workflow Manager. When a new account is created I want an email notification to be sent to the account owner. Here's what I've done: In the Entity Type list, I selected Account In the view list, I selected Rule On the file menu, I selected New In the Event list, I selected Create To insert a condition, I chose Check Conditions, then I selected Check Entity Condition Then I selected: If Account <owner> not null then e-mail to <owner> ...

How do I mailmerge ALL addresses from Excel to Publisher?
I am publishing a 36 page address directory in landscape mode, with a text box on each page divided into two columns. I have tried exporting my Excel spreadsheet into this directory using mail merge and get the first address on the first page, then the second address on the second page, etc. I want to list 8 addresses per column (16 addresses per page). What is the code I have to use to get the addresses to list sequentially????? When I go to print or print preview, because it is a "brochure" I don't have the option to print Multiple pages. Help!!! Have you l...

Places COM Add-in for Excel XP?
Ive installed the addin for excel 2000 on my version of excel 2002 (xp) and it doesn't work. Does anyone know if this addin is available for Excel 2002? Or of another addin which does the same thing? Thanks Adam With Excel 2002 you don't need the Places add-in. You can add folders via the Tools drop down in the Open dialog. And you can remove items by the popup menu when you right-click them. You can also change to "small icons" with the right-click menu. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP ...

Does anyone understand Process Viewer?
I am having problems with my program. When it runs for any length of time it seems to crash my system. So I thought, memory leaks. So I started monitoring the heap usage using Process Viewer (the one that came with Visual Studio). Sure enough, heap usage was shown as growing quickly and steadily, so I started looking for the problem(s) in my code and inserted no end of tracing code to track what was going on. Now here's the odd bit. I finally got to write a function to calculate the usage by adding all the blocks up as reported by _CrtMemCheckpoint() but that wasn't helping me...

how do I alphabeticise an excel spreadsheet?
Is this possible? Hi Maybe you could give us a tiny bit more info.........our Psychic is at lunch at the moment Michael "Simon Pound" wrote: > Is this possible? Hi Simon Try Tools=>Option=>General and uncheck the R1C1 notation box -- Regards Roger Govier "Simon Pound" <Simon Pound@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9972F127-27B7-4145-939A-EBA505AF56CF@microsoft.com... > Is this possible? ...

can anyone help me on directshow filters
can anyone help me on directshow filters Hi goru, >can anyone help me on directshow filters Yes, there are a lot of tutorials out there in the www and the MSDN Library with DirectX Reference can help you: http://www.google.de/search?num=30&hl=de&newwindow=1&safe=off&sa=X&oi=spell&resnum=0&ct=result&cd=1&q=DirectShow+Filter+tutorial&spell=1 Download SDK with Reference: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/directx/default.aspx Direct Show 9.0: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms783323(VS.85).aspx DevMasters.NET: Great List of Engines and Tuto...

Money -- import of Excel File of Transactions ...
I'm having trouble reconciling my account on line. So I was able to download the account into Excel and "fixed" my transactions that way. How do I import these transactions into an excisting account into Microsoft Money (2003). Thanks. Convert it to QIF. More details in the FAQ. "jkotecha" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D25442EC-C729-4522-AB11-3DE56336C40C@microsoft.com... > I'm having trouble reconciling my account on line. So I was able to download the account into Excel and "fixed" my transactions that way. How d...

Copy Hyperlink in another excel document
Hi. Guys have a problem because when i want copy one line whit hyperlink (to another file in my net), and i paste this line, the hyperlink dont work, and i check the hyperlynk and is change, so i need put again the hyperlink in the new line, so cane you help me, thanks. Please provide details so someone can answer your question. What did you have in the original. What did you have in the copy, and what did you expect. --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm Search Page: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/s...

Excel question #7
Hi, I need your help. I have 2 spreadsheets, one with the data and another with references to the data. If a make a change in the data, in the spreadsheets with the references no changes its values. I don't want to use the manual way, that is to say, press the button "update values" in option Edit, References in window "Modify References". Please help me. I'm using MS Office Excel 2003 SP2. Thanks A better explanation? -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "max_rayhm" <maxrayhm@discussions.microsoft....

How do I calculate cells across Excel 2003 workbooks?
I have three different workbook files stored in the same folder and I want to have the three worksheets in each of the three workbooks totaled in a new workbook file. I am trying to create a quarterly report from three months of data. All data is located in the same cells in the worksheets in each of the workbooks. If the different workbook files were all in the same workbook, it would be a lot easier. Can that be done? "mj" <mj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:99DDF3D0-2951-4FEE-978B-CCA5BE40D955@microsoft.com... >I have three different workboo...

MS EXCEL does not let me insert a column
MS Excel does not let me insert a column. It displays an error message thus- To prevent possible loss of date, MS Excel cannot shift non-blank cells off the work sheet. What should I do to insert a new comumn? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://ww...

why 2003 excell does not accept dot as decimal points
In 2000 ms excell, if i type 200 and dot (.) it becomes 200.00 In 2003 ms excell, if i type 200. it becomes 2 even I fixed decimal places to 2. I want to get 200.00 by typing 200 and dot. In 2003 ms excell, I have to type 20000 and it become 200 without decimal points so I have to increase decimal points by clicking increase decimal on the memu to get 200.00 Please reply me as soon as possible. Thank you Miki "miki" <miki@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D4BC6517-F243-4CD1-B807-180B2ADC818C@microsoft.com... > In 2000 ms excell, if i type 200 and dot (...

Scales
How can I change the scales of my data range. For example, in my data range I have the year 1970 through to 2006, but office in all its WISDOM has started it at 1965 and ended it at 2010. This used to be such an easy thing to change. It is pathetic that Microsoft would make this such a headache. Format/ Axis/ Scale -- David Biddulph "Matt-E" <MattE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:31D97519-C6F7-45FF-9BC7-F959BE07BB5E@microsoft.com... > How can I change the scales of my data range. For example, in my data > range I > have the year 1970 through t...

How do I separate address information from within an Excel cell?
I have a Christmas Card list that was created using a single cell for the whole address. Street, City, Zip/Postal etc. I need to split those components out into separate cells in order to do a proper mail merge. Is there any way to do this. I am not completely unfamiliar with macros but I if that is the solution I would require a fair bit of hand holding. Thanks S. If you actually used commas to separate the fields (and none of the fields contain commas), you could select the column and do: Data|text to columns delimited comma Remember to keep enough open columns to the right s...

Excel crashes with protected worksheet and hidden columns?
I have setup a worksheet with a number of cells containing formulas (concat, vlookup, etc). I have locked these cells and protected the worksheet (no password). When I am in the last (unlocked) cell of a row and hit "tab", excel completely freezes and i have to terminate it. i would expect Excel to move me to the next row at the first 'unlocked' cell. btw, the next column after the last 'unlocked' column is hidden. don't know if that makes a difference. Has anyone seen this before, and have any suggestions on resolution? cheers. ...

excel charts #4
Hi, I have 2 sets of data for times. I can plot the chart data onto an excel bar chart and see the results, no problem. However I'd like to compare the 2 sets of times. i.e. I'd like to have two bars, side by side for each of the times. i.e. A1=1 secs A2=2 secs B1=4 secs B2=5 secs Right now I can plot all the A1,B1, ... N1 values but I don't know how to put the results for A2, B2, ... N2 beside each of those for the A1, B1,...N1 etc. Am I right in thinking I just have to change the data range? Or do I need somethign else? i can use the wizard or whatever it takes to redraw th...

How do I conditionally insert text into a cell on Excel 2007?
I am using Excel 2007. I am trying to insert text into a cell based on the value of the cell next to it. Example If NO is typed into cell B1, I want to insert EXPLAIN in cell B1 I assume you meant C1 or else you would need an event macro =IF(B1="No","Explain","") since you didn't mention what you want if it is not "No" I made it blank -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "RobertTFB" <RobertTFB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:70E2D21C-2D27-42D1-9574-0C39907C2A47@microsoft.com... >I am using Excel 2007. I am trying t...