Anyone know how to Automatically transfer CSV data to Web page forms?

How can you populate a form fields on a html web page (client side)
with data from an Excel file (CSV).  The web page has several text
fields for input that I manually populate.  I would like to transfer
the data into the web form automatically from the CSV file.  How can
this be done?
TIA
Jman

Posted with NewsLeecher v3.7 Final
------------------- ----- ---- -- -

0
jcnone (1)
1/28/2008 1:01:05 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Jman,

I had some success using the SendKeys method in VBA.  It wasn't a web form -- it was a
terminal emulator -- but I think I did try it filling out web forms, as well as other
programs (email client, etc.).  It worked pretty reliably.  It seems like a grunt approach,
but it did work, and it's still in use.

--
Regards from Virginia Beach,

Earl Kiosterud
www.smokeylake.com

"jman" <jcnone@none.com> wrote in message news:lP9nj.8596$1f.408@bignews9.bellsouth.net...
> How can you populate a form fields on a html web page (client side)
> with data from an Excel file (CSV).  The web page has several text
> fields for input that I manually populate.  I would like to transfer
> the data into the web form automatically from the CSV file.  How can
> this be done?
> TIA
> Jman
>

> --
> --------------------------------- --- -- -
> Posted with NewsLeecher v3.7 Final
> Web @ http://www.newsleecher.com/?usenet
> ------------------- ----- ---- -- -

0
someone798 (944)

Use Form to prompt for report criteria

How can I know which SP has been put on the exchange2K
Where can I see this msg? Thanks Open exchange manager, organization, right pane. "Geoffrey" <yile1978@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:uvLLBUYwFHA.3312@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Where can I see this msg? > Thanks > check www.petri.co.il or check for the answer on the 10th(9th from ur posting)thread on this site,that is named"finding on version of sp installed" ...

How to set Page Layout View as default when composing new eMail message?
Hi, I'm using Outlook 2003 (German) with MS Office Word as my E-Mail Editor. When composing a new eMail message, default view is always "Normal". I would like it to be "Page Layout" (or "Print Layout" in some Word version, I guess). I tried serveral things, from changing different templates (email.dot, normal.dot, mail.oft) to changing the Form for messages. But I didn't find a way to change the view here, because it's in Outlook style, not Word. And I didn't find any setting in Word for it. How can I change the default View? And which templ...

Assign a Tax Category to a Transfer
How do I assign a tax category to a TRANSFER transaction within Money? Specifically, my paycheck is set-up as a split transaction with tax withholding properly assigned to various categories. However, my 401K contribution is actually a TRANSFER to another account and should be reflected as a reduction against my taxable salary. But, this (transfer) contribution is not showing up in any of my tax reports. 1) Categorizing a transfer is an oxymoron. 2) IF you have the transfer to 401k coming off the Before Tax tab of your paycheck entries, I believe you will find that it *is* being ...

Twist Data?...
Hi all... I've got the following in a dataset: 19 30 1200 FI FI 20030906 36 19 30 1324 FI FI 20030906 36 and I want the following result: 19 30 1200, 1324 FI FI 20030906 26 Any guess on how to do this? thanks much!... Hmmm... Not quite clear: The data is arranged in columns, I assume It looks as if both items in the same column are the same, you want just one item, otherwise the one in the top row first, then the one from the bottom row. But what about the last 36s that should yield 26? Typo? Does the dataset have more columns or more rows or both? And how big is it?...

automaticly create graph
what i would like to do is create a spread sheet where by i entered the fixed and variable costs as well as the selling price. i would then like a graph to automaicly change and display the this info. Does anyone know how to do this. Decide which cells on the spreadsheet you wish to include in the chart. Select those cells. Follow the menu option: Insert/ Chart, and answer the questions in the wizard. Have you looked in Excel help at the topics concerned with charts, starting with "Create a chart"? Have you looked at the training material under http://office.microsoft.com/...

merging 2 cells without losing data?

disable Review toolbar which came up automatically when opening a.
How can I disable the Review Toolbar which comes up automatically when opening a file? In the Workbook VBA actions. The top left hand corner there is an Excel logo, not the one in th blue program bar, but in the menu bar. Right Click and select "View Code" There will be two drop down boxes one that will probably say General if this has never been entered previously. Change the box on the right to Workbook. Then Change the right hand box to "Activate" Insert the following code Application.CommandBars("Reviewing").Visible = False exit the VBA screen and t...

Transformation of data into columns

Smartlist Export to CSV
I've notice when I try to save a file as tab or comma delimited, it still just comes out as a regular text file with no formatting. Only thing I can do is export to excel and then save to CSV. Is there a problem with this in GP 8? Try exporting to Excel and then saving in whatever format you want. David Musgrave [MSFT] Senior Development Consultant Escalation Engineer MBS Support - Asia Pacific Microsoft Business Solutions http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions mailto:dmusgrav@online.microsoft.com Any views contained within are my personal views and not necessarily Microsoft...

Filling Web Form
Dear freinds Hello, I have written code in vc++ using MFC to fill the Webform using HTTP post method and I'm able to fill the form but I'm facing a problem that I'm unable to fill login name and password. So any one amongst you have any Idea or help then please help me With Regards Sachin ...

Data Validation List not showing

Add new record through Form view
I have a table which is linked to a form, i would like to have a command button which will add a new record to my table. On the click of command button it should view the last empty row of my table in a form. On Sat, 26 Dec 2009 11:11:01 -0800, Ranjith Kurian <RanjithKurian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a table which is linked to a form, i would like to have a command >button which will add a new record to my table. >On the click of command button it should view the last empty row of my table >in a form. The Click event should show [Event Proced...

Page up and Page down
Is there any way the you can use Code to cause a form to do page up and page down. I have a Long form that some of the information that is at the bottom of the form is out of view and only use by certain people. How can I have a botton on click go page down to the bottom and another button that will return the form to the top of the form. I know that you can use the keys to accomplish this but for appearance value I would rather use a button on the form to accomplish this. any ideas? Sandrao, You can put a Page Break control on your form. Then, code on the Click event of your button...

Investment Summary on Home Page
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0039_01C4EF37.6BEB29B0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Okay, I have had investments that I have sold completely within an = account and purchased other investments. When I go to "My Money" home = page, it will still show the old investment under the "Investment = Summary", "Investment Performance" and "Best and Worst Performance" = sections, along with the new investments. How can I clear out the old = investments from...

Set default address book automatically (registry)
I know I have done this before a few years back in another site - but I cant remember how. We need to set the default lookup address book for all our 2000+ OL2k3 users and to use a specific lookup order. I know they could each do this manually but we have 2000+ users and the support overhead would be huge. We dont want to users to use the GAL as their default lookup (which it is out of the box) because it contains lost of confusing system addresses and duplicate names for the same person in different security level networks; which the users find VERY confusing to distinguish between). We wan...

Turn off automatic dialing
I recently reloaded Office 97 on my XP computer. Now the computer is automatically dialing into the internet to download email. I only want to dial manually. I've run into this problem before but can not remember how to set it to manual dialing only. Any ideas? Check your mail profile - under the General tab: the default connection state might be online and might be checking for dialup networking. Set this to manual. >-----Original Message----- >I recently reloaded Office 97 on my XP computer. Now the >computer is automatically dialing into the internet to >down...

Adding extra data options
Is there a way to customize CRM to allow for adding another heading? I would like to add a second field similar to topic and would like to call it type. Can you add extra data fileds and types in CRM 3.0? You can add extra data fields to an entity. Go to entities customization at setting area. -- Marco Amoedo Plain Concepts http://geeks.ms/blogs/marco/ "xxdcmast" escribió: > Is there a way to customize CRM to allow for adding another heading? I would > like to add a second field similar to topic and would like to call it type. > > Can you add extra data ...