Any way to increase a series of cells by one?

Hello,

Could anyone tell me how to make cells increase by a single number, and
repeat the same number (i.e.: for a bar code) [the same number] as well?  We
need to print a number, and its bar code on a sticker, then a new number and
its new bar code on another sticker. etc., etc, forever I think!  Probably
very simple, but I have no idea how to do it.

THANKS a lot for your assistance,

S.

0
dumascon (1)
5/12/2006 3:49:02 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi

Not sure if this is what you mean but is what I would try.

in cell A1 type your first numer
in cell b1 type      =a1
in cell a2 type      =a1+1
in cell b2 type      =a2
and then copy cells a2/b2 down as far as you want and that will keep on
adding one to the sequence and repeating for you

Hope that helps

--
mr_teacher
mr_teacher's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=34352

Hi

Not sure if this is what you mean but is what I would try.

in cell A1 type your first numer
in cell b1 type      =a1
in cell a2 type      =a1+1
in cell b2 type      =a2
and then copy cells a2/b2 down as far as you want and that will keep on
adding one to the sequence and repeating for you

Hope that helps

--
mr_teacher
mr_teacher's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=34352
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=541598

You could put the first number in the top cell, select the whole cells to be
filled, including the first one, then use Edit/Fill/Series.  I know it works
when the cells are in a column.

"Sonny Dumas" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Could anyone tell me how to make cells increase by a single number, and
> repeat the same number (i.e.: for a bar code) [the same number] as well?  We
> need to print a number, and its bar code on a sticker, then a new number and
> its new bar code on another sticker. etc., etc, forever I think!  Probably
> very simple, but I have no idea how to do it.
>
> THANKS a lot for your assistance,
>
> S.

Click in cell w/ formula and get colors in referenced cells
Hi, When you click in a cell with a formula, Excel will then put color around the cells that are referenced. Somehow I turned that feature off. Now I do not get colors in th other cells. Where is that option to turn it back on???? I've looke and looked but I just can't find that option. Thanks for the help -- albea ----------------------------------------------------------------------- albean's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2875 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=48436 ...

Avoid protected cell warning on BeforeDoubleClick WS event
I am creating an event scheduling worksheet. A grid is generated with days of the month x-axis and users y-axis. Where an event occurs this is logged by a hidden event ID in the appropriate day cell. In order to prevent this ID from being overwritten I protect the worksheet. What I am trying to do is have a worksheet DoubleClick event which either. 1) Captures the event ID in the underlying cell, and opens a custom form for editing the event, or 2) Recognises that no event exists and opens a custom form for logging a new event. What I have tried is to unprotect the workshee...

Miscellaneous words appear in Excel 2002 cells
I am working on an Excell 2002 workbook and when I put my cursor in a cell , spurious words get entered into the cell e.g. "and thee the and ...." is one example. I have cable modem and it feels like "someone" has taken control of my PC - by the way I have also noticed this hapening in MS Word but is not as bad as Excel - can some one help. thanks KK Have you enabled speech tools? Click Tools / Speech and examine your options. /i. "KK" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:061d01c39d1c$36fc85f0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I am w...

First row in Selection range (first index of a cell)
Hello, I have a problem with selecting first cel in selection Range or return an index of the first cell in Selection Cell. I have something like this: .................... Range1.Select "and here I want to Select the first range in selection Range1" ............. I there any special function of finding first cell in selection range or returning an index of the first cell?? Thanks for answet Marcin Maybe range1(1).select or range1.cells(1).select or range1.cells(1,1).select mar_male@wp.pl wrote: > > Hello, > I have a problem with selecting first cel in selection...

Multiple xls into one xls
I have 162 separate xls files that I have used for mail merges. All the fields (column headers) are identical, just the data is different. I would like to amalgamate all of these into one single xls file. How can I do this? I promise to use a database next time! :) Ron Thanks very much, quick too. :) James >-----Original Message----- >Try this > >http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy3.htm > > > >-- >Regards Ron de Bruin >(Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2) >www.rondebruin.nl > > > >"James Searle" <jcsearle@accommsoft.co.uk> wrote in me...

How do i sort contacts using more than one catagory ?
I am trying to create lists which have contacts sorted by more than one catagory. So including contacts that are linked to two or more specific catagories. Can this be done, if so how? thanks "samong" <samong@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:01E99022-AB21-487B-9365-2E66BB0C3F1B@microsoft.com... >I am trying to create lists which have contacts sorted by more than one > catagory. So including contacts that are linked to two or more specific > catagories. Can this be done, if so how? The Category field is non-sortable because it is a multi...

Need better way to provision AD accounts that are to have mailboxes
The exchange admins in my company have come up with a way for the sys admins to assign the user's mailbox store location. It's based off of last name. For example, if your last name starts with letter A, you go on Storage Group 1, Mailbox Store A, if your last name starts with letter B, you go on Storage Group 1, Mailbox Store B, if your last name starts with letter E, you go on Storage Group 2, Mailbox Store A, etc.... This is, I believe, and administrative nightmare. Is there a better way to provision AD accounts that are to have mailboxes? If it works for you and them, then al...

One or more of your reminders can't be snoozed or dismissed
I am receiving the following reminder when attempting to dismiss a stale reminder that only appears whenever I access my Exchange email account via Outlook Web Access: "one or more of your reminders can't be snoozed or dismissed" This reminder is for a meeting that occurred a couple of months ago. It was deleted by me in Outlook at my workstation in the office and does not physically appear on the Calendar when using Outlook at the office. It DOES appear on the calendar when accessing via Outlook Web Access from the internet but is not deletable or modifiable in any way...

Looking for Easiest Way to Create Report
We need to create a report from our accounting program which contains about 200 .db files. I have determined that the required information is contained in only 3 of those files. Out of those 3 files I need about 30 fields of data. The end result is that those 30 fields of data have to be placed into an existing excel spreadsheet in specific columns which has 97 total columns. For example one db file contains data which has to be placed into column c of the excel spreadsheet. another db file has data which has to be placed into column z of that same spreadsheet and so on Th...

RPC over HTTPS on one server?
Hi! I want to install all only on one server: - Windows 2003 Active Directory - Exchange 2003 The users should be ablte to use RPC over HTTPS and other Exchnage 2003 services. Which steps must I follow for installation? Any good links about it? Best Regards On Wed, 9 Feb 2005 00:13:02 -0800, "mustafa" <mustafa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi! >I want to install all only on one server: >- Windows 2003 Active Directory >- Exchange 2003 > >The users should be ablte to use RPC over HTTPS and other Exchnage 2003 >services. > >Which steps mus...

Is there a way to see if someone is reading another persons e-mail
We think that someone in the company might be reading other peoples e-mail. Is there software or a tool that we can run to monitor and see if this is happening? Thanks Greg ...

Prinding each row of Excel sheet on a seperate page dispallying one record on each pa
From a spread sheet ,I need to print out a row on each page seperately that is printout each record on the row on one page seperately. Can any one please advise how it can be done ? Fro example Row 1 Data 11 Data 12 Data 13 Row 2 Data 21 Data 22 Data 23 Row 3 Data 31 Data 32 Data 33 I would want to print out Data 11 and Data 22 on one page then Data 21 and Data 22 on the second page and data 31 and Data 33 on the third page Pleae advise if and hwo this is possible. Thank you Sanjeev --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Sorry ...

Easier way to grant mailbox rights to 100 mailboxes??
Consider the following scenario... Sally is a manager at a company. She wants to be able to monitor her staff's email usage. I want to be able to give her access without having to spend a bunch of time every time an employee is hired/moved/ fired/leaves. George is Sally's boss. George doesn't want Sally to have access to his mailbox other than what he delegates her access to. Originally, we just gave Sally full rights to the mailbox store, but as you probably know, that fails George's requirement. Is there an easy way to accomplish all this without a ton of administrative w...

Entourage has stopped retrieving just one certain person's email
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Email Client: pop I have been receiving all my emails normally apart from just one sender, who i previously had no problems with. The email is sitting in my inbox when i log in via the browser account, however it just doesnt get sent directly from the sender. if I then send this person's email to myself, it gets delivered to my inbox. THe problem ahs only started in the last week, no settings have been changed and every other email is getting delivered. <br> My hosting provider says it is not their issue and they don...

Sum of a cell in all worksheets?
I usually just use the search here and quickly find what I need, but can't seem to get it work this morning I am trying to get a sum of a certain cell in all the sheets in workbook. For example of what I mean, Sum(all worksheets, d64). Ca someone possibly help me out Thanks Michae Hi Michael, Look up 3D in your Excel Help. Surely you do not want to include the same sheet. if sheet2 is your second sheet tab and "sheet 24" is the last tab. =SUM(sheet2:'sheet 24'!C14) --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: htt...

Insert a graphic in a cell
I'd like to be able to enbed a logo in a cell. Not possible. Graphic objects reside on the drawing layer "above" the cells. Cells can contain formulae or values only. Workaround. Insert your graphic, and size it so that it exactly covers the cell. Right-click it, choosing Format Picture. In the Properties tab of the Format Picture dialog, choose the Move and Size with cells radio button. In article <F253C07B-E71A-445E-B612-0189187A09D9@microsoft.com>, Pete_Escher fan <Pete_Escher fan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I'd like to be able to enbed a...

Is there any way to convert a pdf document into an excel document.
Is there any way to convert a pdf file into an excel document? ...

.xls changes sizes from one computer to another
An excel worksheet that we use prints out nicely on one computer; however, when another user accesses it off of the network and does a print preview, the columns of the worksheet squash together in the middle of the worksheet into and only by reducing the view by 99% is the second user able to print correctly. I don't know the circumstances regarding this but I am told this is the way it has always been. Any input would be greatly appreciated. ...

can one cell contain more than one independent number
A cell can contain several numbers, separated by space characters or line breaks (Alt+Enter). However, if you want to perform calculations on the numbers, it's best to keep them in separate cells. John K wrote: -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html there's also the option a using matrix formula (list of data) for example you may enter ={1;2;3} in a single cell or selection 'and validate wih CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER but the manipulation of this kinda of formula need to read more about it... ...

Ignore Blank Cells
I update a workbook weekly in separate worksheets. My master worksheet links to the appropriate cells for the updated data. These are simple percentage numbers (not forumlas, etc.) and only need to be a one-on-one link. The problem I have is that if one of the cells is blank, it returns a 0 and I need to to stay blank. Any ideas? There are about 57,000 cells I am working with so I really don't want to have to update manually all blanks. Hi SEF, As long as you want to hide all zero values on a sheet you can use in excel 2003 From the Tools menu select Options On tab V...

Conditional formatting / blank cells
Hello, I need help with a Conditional Format. This is my worksheet. Row 4 A B C D E F G H I $200 $210 I want a conditional format in G4 that states if G4 is greater than or equal to F4 the fill colour is green. If G4 is less than F4, the fill colour is red. If G4 is blank, the fill colour is white. I've tried numerous combinations, but cannot seem to get this to work. Thanks torkattack. Test for the blank first. -- David Biddulph "torkattack" <torkattack@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote ...

Clipart will not scale with array of cells
I want to print out an array of cells, some of which contain clipart. When I try to scale up the array to fill the printed page, the clipart scales differently (the clipart objects move down on the page from their normal position within the cells). The artwork size does not change, nor its spacing; it's as though the clipart is reacting to a larger top margin. ...

Ways to view your tasks
Hi, Is it possible to view your tasks pane in your Inbox so that you don't have to keep switching between the two sceens of Mailbox & Inbox? Our company is running Outlook 2003 if it matters. Many thanks. -- Dave Mitch "Dave Mitch" <DaveMitch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B9093CC5-0C1F-4907-A308-DC58D1060571@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to view your tasks pane in your Inbox so that you don't have > to keep switching between the two sceens of Mailbox & Inbox? Not with Outlook 2003, but you can certainly have ...

What is the best way to Write this Formula
THank you to all that have helped and to who will help, i greatly appreciate it. Here is my question. I have four columns of data:b is OPEN, C is HIGH, D is LOW and D is CLOSE. I then wrote an =if(and)) statement with about six logical steps to come up with the words "BUY" and "SELL" in columns f and g respectfully. Then in column H I wrote a buy stop formula which is =if(f2="BUY",e2-6.00,""). Worked great got my new number now what I need to write is and this is the hard part IF at any time that the LOW(column d) from that period on until th...

formula for visible cells
Can I copy a worksheet so that the new worksheet looks exactly like the visible portion of the old worksheet. For example, if I filter and sort, I only want what is left visible to appear in my new worksheet, and I want it to do it automatically without my having to copy and paste. Automatic means VBA code. See Ron de Bruin's site for copying filtered results. http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy5.htm Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 4 May 2010 11:32:01 -0700, jpstormy <jpstormy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Can I copy a worksheet so that the new workshee...