another question on printing invoices.

Thanks to a suggestion here, I was able to graph out the spaces on
the invoices properly, but I ran into another snag, here's the situation:

I am tryinhg to figure out a way to print invoices from an excell
spreadsheet.
The invoices are pre-formated with fields and logos and are on continuous
paper
that is fed into a dot matrix impact printer.  It's NCR paper, an original
and
two copies.

The rows of the spread sheet contain the data that needs to be in the
invoice.
Each row has customer information, ie, name, address, item bought, price
per unit, number of units, sales tax, and total due.

The spreadsheet contains about a thousand customers.

On any given day, up to 40 or so, are invoiced.

I made a "print" spreadsheet in the same workbook
and linked the cells to the "data" worksheet.  I made
a place in the "data" worksheet to put the data I want
to print..
The "print data" area on the data worksheet is just a
row into which I put the data for the first invoice to
print.  On the linked worksheet that data then
appears in the linked cells and the first invoice prints.

This is what I did:  in the print from sheet,   in the space where the
customer name
goes, i used the equel sign, and then went into the data
sheet, and clicked on the cell with the cumstomer name on
it, and then that customer name appears in the print sheet, but, and here's
the problem,
When i go to do the second one, and copy the data into
the "print area" on the data sheet, on the print sheet
I get an ref error.  If I enter the data in manually
i don't get the error.

What I want to do is copy the data from the rows in the data
worksheet into the "print area" in that worksheet, and
then print from the linked worksheet.  This way, all I would
have to do is copy each row I need an invoice for, into
the "print row", go to the print sheet and print it, etc.

Is there a way to reference a cell in a second
worksheet, in the same workbook, into which you
can copy data without getting the ref error in the
first sheet?

Sorry this is so long!

any ideas much appreciated.

Mike.

0
bogus (41)
4/10/2006 3:22:03 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Glad you "graphed out the spaces properly".

We automated similar operation almost exactly as you described, without
error, except we copied info to the same page as the print page. Data and
print image were on separate pages only as instructed by our client.

Would you try putting the print area in the same page as your data?

"`AMD tower" <bogus@nowhere.net> wrote in message
> Thanks to a suggestion here, I was able to graph out the spaces on
> the invoices properly, but I ran into another snag, here's the situation:
>
> I am tryinhg to figure out a way to print invoices from an excell
> spreadsheet.
> The invoices are pre-formated with fields and logos and are on continuous
> paper
> that is fed into a dot matrix impact printer.  It's NCR paper, an original
> and
> two copies.
>
> The rows of the spread sheet contain the data that needs to be in the
> invoice.
> Each row has customer information, ie, name, address, item bought, price
> per unit, number of units, sales tax, and total due.
>
> The spreadsheet contains about a thousand customers.
>
> On any given day, up to 40 or so, are invoiced.
>
> I made a "print" spreadsheet in the same workbook
> and linked the cells to the "data" worksheet.  I made
> a place in the "data" worksheet to put the data I want
> to print..
> The "print data" area on the data worksheet is just a
> row into which I put the data for the first invoice to
> print.  On the linked worksheet that data then
> appears in the linked cells and the first invoice prints.
>
> This is what I did:  in the print from sheet,   in the space where the
> customer name
> goes, i used the equel sign, and then went into the data
> sheet, and clicked on the cell with the cumstomer name on
> it, and then that customer name appears in the print sheet, but, and
here's
> the problem,
> When i go to do the second one, and copy the data into
> the "print area" on the data sheet, on the print sheet
> I get an ref error.  If I enter the data in manually
> i don't get the error.
>
> What I want to do is copy the data from the rows in the data
> worksheet into the "print area" in that worksheet, and
> then print from the linked worksheet.  This way, all I would
> have to do is copy each row I need an invoice for, into
> the "print row", go to the print sheet and print it, etc.
>
> Is there a way to reference a cell in a second
> worksheet, in the same workbook, into which you
> can copy data without getting the ref error in the
> first sheet?
>
> Sorry this is so long!
>
> any ideas much appreciated.
>
> Mike.

0
pynasocas (62)
4/10/2006 3:50:24 AM
We tested and met with no problem.

"`AMD tower" <bogus@nowhere.net> wrote in message
> Thanks to a suggestion here, I was able to graph out the spaces on
> the invoices properly, but I ran into another snag, here's the situation:
>
> I am tryinhg to figure out a way to print invoices from an excell
> spreadsheet.
> The invoices are pre-formated with fields and logos and are on continuous
> paper
> that is fed into a dot matrix impact printer.  It's NCR paper, an original
> and
> two copies.
>
> The rows of the spread sheet contain the data that needs to be in the
> invoice.
> Each row has customer information, ie, name, address, item bought, price
> per unit, number of units, sales tax, and total due.
>
> The spreadsheet contains about a thousand customers.
>
> On any given day, up to 40 or so, are invoiced.
>
> I made a "print" spreadsheet in the same workbook
> and linked the cells to the "data" worksheet.  I made
> a place in the "data" worksheet to put the data I want
> to print..
> The "print data" area on the data worksheet is just a
> row into which I put the data for the first invoice to
> print.  On the linked worksheet that data then
> appears in the linked cells and the first invoice prints.
>
> This is what I did:  in the print from sheet,   in the space where the
> customer name
> goes, i used the equel sign, and then went into the data
> sheet, and clicked on the cell with the cumstomer name on
> it, and then that customer name appears in the print sheet, but, and
here's
> the problem,
> When i go to do the second one, and copy the data into
> the "print area" on the data sheet, on the print sheet
> I get an ref error.  If I enter the data in manually
> i don't get the error.
>
> What I want to do is copy the data from the rows in the data
> worksheet into the "print area" in that worksheet, and
> then print from the linked worksheet.  This way, all I would
> have to do is copy each row I need an invoice for, into
> the "print row", go to the print sheet and print it, etc.
>
> Is there a way to reference a cell in a second
> worksheet, in the same workbook, into which you
> can copy data without getting the ref error in the
> first sheet?
>
> Sorry this is so long!
>
> any ideas much appreciated.
>
> Mike.

0
pynasocas (62)
4/10/2006 9:17:36 AM
Ah ha!  That sounds like a plan.
Thanks for the idea, I'll try it.
Mike

"PY & Associates" <pynasocas@yahoo.com.sg> wrote in message
> Glad you "graphed out the spaces properly".
>
> We automated similar operation almost exactly as you described, without
> error, except we copied info to the same page as the print page. Data and
> print image were on separate pages only as instructed by our client.
>
> Would you try putting the print area in the same page as your data?
>
> "`AMD tower" <bogus@nowhere.net> wrote in message
>> Thanks to a suggestion here, I was able to graph out the spaces on
>> the invoices properly, but I ran into another snag, here's the situation:
>>
>> I am tryinhg to figure out a way to print invoices from an excell
>> spreadsheet.
>> The invoices are pre-formated with fields and logos and are on continuous
>> paper
>> that is fed into a dot matrix impact printer.  It's NCR paper, an
>> original
>> and
>> two copies.
>>
>> The rows of the spread sheet contain the data that needs to be in the
>> invoice.
>> Each row has customer information, ie, name, address, item bought, price
>> per unit, number of units, sales tax, and total due.
>>
>> The spreadsheet contains about a thousand customers.
>>
>> On any given day, up to 40 or so, are invoiced.
>>
>> I made a "print" spreadsheet in the same workbook
>> and linked the cells to the "data" worksheet.  I made
>> a place in the "data" worksheet to put the data I want
>> to print..
>> The "print data" area on the data worksheet is just a
>> row into which I put the data for the first invoice to
>> print.  On the linked worksheet that data then
>> appears in the linked cells and the first invoice prints.
>>
>> This is what I did:  in the print from sheet,   in the space where the
>> customer name
>> goes, i used the equel sign, and then went into the data
>> sheet, and clicked on the cell with the cumstomer name on
>> it, and then that customer name appears in the print sheet, but, and
> here's
>> the problem,
>> When i go to do the second one, and copy the data into
>> the "print area" on the data sheet, on the print sheet
>> I get an ref error.  If I enter the data in manually
>> i don't get the error.
>>
>> What I want to do is copy the data from the rows in the data
>> worksheet into the "print area" in that worksheet, and
>> then print from the linked worksheet.  This way, all I would
>> have to do is copy each row I need an invoice for, into
>> the "print row", go to the print sheet and print it, etc.
>>
>> Is there a way to reference a cell in a second
>> worksheet, in the same workbook, into which you
>> can copy data without getting the ref error in the
>> first sheet?
>>
>> Sorry this is so long!
>>
>> any ideas much appreciated.
>>
>> Mike.

0
bogus (41)
4/11/2006 6:04:21 PM
it worked for you the way I had it set up and was
getting the error messages?

> We tested and met with no problem.
>
> "`AMD tower" <bogus@nowhere.net> wrote in message
>> Thanks to a suggestion here, I was able to graph out the spaces on
>> the invoices properly, but I ran into another snag, here's the situation:
>>
>> I am tryinhg to figure out a way to print invoices from an excell
>> spreadsheet.
>> The invoices are pre-formated with fields and logos and are on continuous
>> paper
>> that is fed into a dot matrix impact printer.  It's NCR paper, an
>> original
>> and
>> two copies.
>>
>> The rows of the spread sheet contain the data that needs to be in the
>> invoice.
>> Each row has customer information, ie, name, address, item bought, price
>> per unit, number of units, sales tax, and total due.
>>
>> The spreadsheet contains about a thousand customers.
>>
>> On any given day, up to 40 or so, are invoiced.
>>
>> I made a "print" spreadsheet in the same workbook
>> and linked the cells to the "data" worksheet.  I made
>> a place in the "data" worksheet to put the data I want
>> to print..
>> The "print data" area on the data worksheet is just a
>> row into which I put the data for the first invoice to
>> print.  On the linked worksheet that data then
>> appears in the linked cells and the first invoice prints.
>>
>> This is what I did:  in the print from sheet,   in the space where the
>> customer name
>> goes, i used the equel sign, and then went into the data
>> sheet, and clicked on the cell with the cumstomer name on
>> it, and then that customer name appears in the print sheet, but, and
> here's
>> the problem,
>> When i go to do the second one, and copy the data into
>> the "print area" on the data sheet, on the print sheet
>> I get an ref error.  If I enter the data in manually
>> i don't get the error.
>>
>> What I want to do is copy the data from the rows in the data
>> worksheet into the "print area" in that worksheet, and
>> then print from the linked worksheet.  This way, all I would
>> have to do is copy each row I need an invoice for, into
>> the "print row", go to the print sheet and print it, etc.
>>
>> Is there a way to reference a cell in a second
>> worksheet, in the same workbook, into which you
>> can copy data without getting the ref error in the
>> first sheet?
>>
>> Sorry this is so long!
>>
>> any ideas much appreciated.
>>
>> Mike.

0
bogus (41)
4/11/2006 6:05:36 PM
Affirmative please

> it worked for you the way I had it set up and was
> getting the error messages?
>

> "PY & Associates" <pynasocas@yahoo.com.sg> wrote in message
> > We tested and met with no problem.
> >
> > "`AMD tower" <bogus@nowhere.net> wrote in message
> >> Thanks to a suggestion here, I was able to graph out the spaces on
> >> the invoices properly, but I ran into another snag, here's the
situation:

> >> I am tryinhg to figure out a way to print invoices from an excell
> >> spreadsheet.
> >> The invoices are pre-formated with fields and logos and are on
continuous
> >> paper
> >> that is fed into a dot matrix impact printer.  It's NCR paper, an
> >> original
> >> and
> >> two copies.
> >>
> >> The rows of the spread sheet contain the data that needs to be in the
> >> invoice.
> >> Each row has customer information, ie, name, address, item bought,
price
> >> per unit, number of units, sales tax, and total due.
> >>
> >> The spreadsheet contains about a thousand customers.
> >>
> >> On any given day, up to 40 or so, are invoiced.
> >>
> >> I made a "print" spreadsheet in the same workbook
> >> and linked the cells to the "data" worksheet.  I made
> >> a place in the "data" worksheet to put the data I want
> >> to print..
> >> The "print data" area on the data worksheet is just a
> >> row into which I put the data for the first invoice to
> >> print.  On the linked worksheet that data then
> >> appears in the linked cells and the first invoice prints.
> >>
> >> This is what I did:  in the print from sheet,   in the space where the
> >> customer name
> >> goes, i used the equel sign, and then went into the data
> >> sheet, and clicked on the cell with the cumstomer name on
> >> it, and then that customer name appears in the print sheet, but, and
> > here's
> >> the problem,
> >> When i go to do the second one, and copy the data into
> >> the "print area" on the data sheet, on the print sheet
> >> I get an ref error.  If I enter the data in manually
> >> i don't get the error.
> >>
> >> What I want to do is copy the data from the rows in the data
> >> worksheet into the "print area" in that worksheet, and
> >> then print from the linked worksheet.  This way, all I would
> >> have to do is copy each row I need an invoice for, into
> >> the "print row", go to the print sheet and print it, etc.
> >>
> >> Is there a way to reference a cell in a second
> >> worksheet, in the same workbook, into which you
> >> can copy data without getting the ref error in the
> >> first sheet?
> >>
> >> Sorry this is so long!
> >>
> >> any ideas much appreciated.
> >>
> >> Mike.

0
pynasocas (62)

asap utilities question
I have Msft. Excel Vsn 2002 and latest vsn. of ASAP Utilities. I used ASAP Utilities to merge single rows of data together so that more than one row will fit on a single line of text. My question now, is, is it possible using ASAP Utilities to separate the data that has been merged back into single rows of data? All information welcomed! Aaron ...

Isinteg Warning Message Question

printing 2 charts on single page

Invoice Numbers 10-27-07

Dotfuscator question
Hello Everybody !!! When i create programm using C# i must understand that my programm from exe - module can be converted to the source file by Reflector. In Order do not allow do this i must use dotfuscator, but i did not find any free normal dotfuscator. May be someone tell me what can i do cause now as think we have interesting paradox. We 've got free technology but if we want to protect our products we must buy expensive commercial dotfuscators. Alex Dmitriev You should post this message in a newsgroup which discusses managed code. This newsgroup does not have much managed traff...

printing multiple copies of Sigel GmbH

printing imported gif files in Excel

OE questions
Ok, I have two questions: 1. With Thunderbird I can use this with a hotkey manager to compose a new message with Tbird "D:\Program Files\Mozilla Thunderbird \thunderbird.exe -compose" -- how can I do the same for Outlook Express and Outlook 2003? 2. When I go to load Outlook Express I get this error message, followed by the error message below it: http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x296/gwar_1/Untitled-3.png how can I fix this and use Outlook Express? Thanks! posted to the outlookexpress newsgroup via crosspost --=20 Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Re...

question about Time

question on the rules wizard
When clikcing on the Rules Wizard, Outlook locks up - consistently. Has anyone got a remedy for this? Thank you, rich rpage@concerto.com ...

HQ Licensing question V.2
I have a client running HQ client at 8 stores + HQ server at the warehouse. They would like to be able to use transfers from the warehouse to the stores, so I would have to setup a new PC running Store Ops and a new database, however, in order for the transfers to take place, I need a HQ Client License correct? Do I also need a POS key? I appreciate any insights you may have. Thanks in advance Hi Phil yes - you'll need an HQ Client license so it can exchange with your headquarters - "export" the wh database as you would any store from HQ no - you won't need a PO...

TSP100 printer and print width
Hi all, After pull my hair out for a half of day, I just find out that TSP100 printer driver reports its print width incorrectly when we use GetDeviceCaps to retrieve print width. Call GetDeviceCaps with PHYSICALWIDTH will report 1725 that is roughtly equal to 8.5 inches corresponding to 203ppi that LOGPIXELSX reported. Just let you all know This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0048_01C92EF4.F767C240 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable After you installed the printer, did you change the p...

WLM transfer to another computer
Hi, I finally moved from Windows 7 RTM to Win7 Pro 64. I did it by installing the new OS on a brand new hard drive, then installed my old hard drive in a 2.5" external enclosure. I've been successful in moving most of my files and settings over, but WLM is the exception. Can someone help answer these questions for me: 1. Where are the actual mail files stored? 2. Where is the account login info stored? 3. In Outlook and OE installing on a new computer, even after moving files, prompted for a full redownload off of the POP server. Anyway to avoid this? Is ther...

MS Project 2007 question
Hello, I am developing a simple schedule with no resources but 2 tasks out of 100 are hazardous and I would like to make the schedule so that when these tasks occur, no other tasks can occur. In other words, even though all tasks are moving around as the schedule is being developed, I would like to make sure no other tasks can be scheduled wherever these 2 hazardous tasks fall. These 2 tasks are serial to every other task in the schedule. Is there a way to do this? Thanks for your help. Mike Create two milestones. Use milestone 1 as the successor task to all tasks th...

Printing in reverse order
When I try to print from excel and want the apges to print in reverse order (i.e first page of document printed last) even if I select this feature from the print setup exel still prints the first page first!! Is there a fix available?? I use Office XP (2002) and HP printers Thank you Printing options available in Excel are limited by the available connected printer(s). Any issues with printing are generally associated to the printer and drivers installed, not with Excel itself. Verify your printer actually supports reverse printing and that you have the latest drivers installed for ...

Changing the words "Sales Receipt" to "Invoice"
I cannot find how to change the word at the top right of our Sales document to read "Invoice" rather than "Sales Receipt". We bill out as a receivable for most of our goods and there seems to be some confusion with our customers. Thanks in advance for your help. -- Ron Moore Changing Sales Order to Invoice There is a receipt variable called "Transaction.ReceiptTransactionName" (in <SUB name="PrintTransactionType"> of receipt.xml)which returns the "default" name for the transaction based on it's type. You can replace this w...

Printing contacts finally partially repaired
Two printing problems with Outlook 2007, the first solved, the second still not solved. First: So, finally, I don't know when, Outlook was repaired such that one could print out individual contacts as detailed address cards. This was broken for quite some time. Anyway, now those of us who choose to print out copies of address books are once again rewarded with this possibility. BUT..there is always a but, Outlook does not yet completely properly format the printing for all of the book and booklet possibilities which the software presents, especially for doing double...

Perhaps another Money alternative?
After years of their saying "what's Windows?" I not that the following announcement: --- Announcement: GnuCash 2.1.1 Release - 2007-04-28 17:47 GnuCash 2.1.1 released The GnuCash development team proudly announces GnuCash 2.1.1 aka "Bug-begone", the second of several unstable 2.1.x releases of the GnuCash Open Source Accounting Software which will eventually lead to the stable version 2.2.0. With this new release series, GnuCash is available on Microsoft Windows for the first time... --- I haven't checked into this further just yet, but that will certainly be...