ALT + Enter and Wrap Text #2

Thanks for the advice, even if it wasn't necessarily what I wanted t
hear ;-)

I can work around this limitation and still avoid the dreaded Merg
Cells (always the optimist here...).

Cheers

--
Christophe
Christopher's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1604

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

An ugly possibility--use a function:

="item 1" & char(10) & "item 2" & char(10) & "item 3"

A not so ugly possibility:

Add a macro to your personal.xls workbook that toggles the setting.  Assign it a
shortcut key and when you're annoyed with xl, just use your shortcut key:

Option Explicit
Sub ToggleWrapText()
   Selection.WrapText = Not ActiveCell.WrapText
End Sub

It toggles the setting to the opposite setting for the activecell in the
selection.

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@netscape.com

Design checker question #2
I often get an "error" in design checker that says "Object is not visible." When I right-click and choose "Go to this item", nothing apparent happens. When I choose "Fix: bring object to front", nothing happens, and the error message does not go away. What am I missing here? Craig Select all, give everything a line. Does the phantom object show up? If it does, make a note where it is and do an "undo." At least you will know the area where to try to delete the object. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Craig Schiller" &l...

An advanced filtering issue #2
Hi all, Any way to use the advanced filter in order to get the needed result as in A14:F15 ? in order to show all the values of each month for the date 30-09-2005 . (please check attached sheet) Any other suggestion ? Thank you very much . +-------------------------------------------------------------------+ |Filename: question abt advanced filtering.zip | |Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=3874 | +-------------------------------------------------------------------+ -- gaftalik ----------------------------------------------------------...

Reason Code Report #2
I sell a perishable product, therefore I need to be able to track product that has perished. In the help menu, under reason codes, it states, the information is stored for use in tracking and reporting. That is why I chose this method to record dead plants. Now I need to know the cost and profit lost of these dead plants, as well, I don't want to purchase them again. So how do I get the information???? I read about a guy tracking dead fish by making the item inactive, although he was having trouble, should I change how I track this info for the future? I would greatly appreciate h...

running macros #2
Hi, I have created a macro that imports data, sorts it, and delimits it. The macro in itself works just fine, however trying to run it a second time on a different file causes it to blow up. Prior to importing the data, I clear out the old contents so it doesn't prompt me to overwrite, the re-run of the macro WILL prompt me, and rather than overwrite, it appears to insert instead, and therby causes it to trash the existing data. I'd sure appreciate any help here. Thx. Without seeing your code, it's nearly impossible to tell. In article <58725910-CF96-4589-8CF0-76ADF515E2...

Function help needed urgently!!! #2
Hi anyone who can help... I have two sets of figures 1 is sales and 1 is target. Eg: Sales Target Incentive 5 5 In the Incentive column I want a formula that will calculate the Incentive payment for employees who exceed there target. The easy part is the if statement for example 10% of their sales if they exceed target: =if(sales>target,Sales*10%,0) The complicated part comes in to play when only when they hit multiples of 10 are they entitled to an incentive: If the Sales are 5 and the Target is 5 - no incentive. If the Sales are 10 and the Target is 5 - no incenti...

XP Style button using MFC 4.2
Hi, I am using Visual C++ 6, MFC 4.2. Windows XP SP2. My problem is, how could I get the XP Style buttons on the dialog. If i dynamically create the button using CreateWindow() the button still looks same. I've tried 'Button Controls' article on MSDN but no luck. Could anyone help me? Thanks, Fahad Themes are handled by the system, and not on a button-basis. The way to give your application running on XP the themed look is to include a manifest resource. The resource can either be a resource compiled into your EXE or it can be a separate file in the same directory as your ...

CRM v1.2 Report Manager Problem
Hi all, I am having a problem with Report Manager after having reinstalled the MS CRM on the CRM Server. When I logged in using Report Manager, it stated that the "CRM folder does not exist!" I can run all other CRM services fine but with this error I cannot publish all of my reports and hence keep getting the Crystal Report Logon Error. I am stuck to this problem for so long and still have no solution to it... I tried to delete and rebuild the APS database, uninstalled CRM then go into the registry to delete all crystal related values, everything I can digged out from the internet...

Charging 1 or 2 Taxes on items automatically
I have 4 columns, A1-item, B1-tax, C1-tax, D1- Total. Some items are taxable on both, others only on 1, is there a way to automatically charge 1 or 2 taxes on the total. Thank-You B.W. It is easy: set the values in columns B and C as percents. Then D would have something like: =(1+B1+C1)*A1 With this set-up you can remove a column B or C tax just by setting the value to zero. -- Gary's Student "B.W." wrote: > I have 4 columns, A1-item, B1-tax, C1-tax, D1- Total. Some items are taxable > on both, others only on 1, is there a way to automatically charge 1 or 2 &...

Non3rd Party: Multiple Taxes (i.e. 2 Diff States)
I posted this a few days ago, and had some great response, however, I am looking for a non 3rd party solution to this issue. Does anyone have any ideas? RMS V1.3flat I am trying to establish two different Item tax structures for two different tax authorities, let's say one for MN and one for ND state. Preface: I am giving this as a real HL example. Assigning taxes on a per customer basis will not work as a solution to this issue. Please do not take it literally that I need to assign per customer based on Billing or Shipping State. Example: MN Tax has: MN State, MN City and MN C...

How do I group text to graphic?
In my document I'm trying to embed a graphic into the text. How do I do this to where when I delete text before the graphic it moves with text instead of me having to redo embedding? BeanieBrain <BeanieBrain@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > In my document I'm trying to embed a graphic into the text. How do I > do this to where when I delete text before the graphic it moves with > text instead of me having to redo embedding? Which version of Publisher are you using? -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher i'm using both 2000 and...

Outlok 2003 Word Attachments are Read Only and in 2 page view
I have a client with Outlook 2003 and when he receives an email with a word doc attached and attempts to open it (rather than save it 1st) it opens in Word as read only and shows as a split screen (2 page book view). if he saves it to the drive 1st he can remove the read only attribute and then Word opens it normally. Any Ideas? Not sure why the view is different. My OT advice - always save attachments you want to edit, and then open them. Otherwise you're using a temp copy of the file & may lose changes. Marc Seidler wrote: > I have a client with Outlook 2003 and when he recei...

Percentage calculation on text columns
I have a sheet that represents exam candidates, their grades over 3 assignments with an average score, in the final COLUMN there is an indication of whether they have passed or failed in the format "Pass" "Fail". I need a formula that will count the overall group and give a percentage of the group that has failed. Can anyone help? -- Connor ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Connor's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27970 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=4...

Outlook backups #2
I am trying to find out some information about outlook backups. I was under the impression that with Outlook 2003 you no longer have to close down outlook to do the backup. But I was just told by a friend that that is not true the .pst files are locked and you still can't back up no matter what software you use unless outlook is closed. Does anyone know of software that will backup outlook even if it is opened or possibly will close outlook before it backs it up? Thanks Philip There are 3rd party utilities that do this. But Microsoft produced a little addon to for personal folder ...

Deposit on Back Order #2
Hi , how can a take a deposit from a customer on MS Point of Sales Thanks. Ben, You can't, MSPOS doesn't support backorders, layaways, work orders, or quotes like RMS does. Here's a chart of the major differences between products; http://tinyurl.com/ngh4g -- * Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader to see and download the file attachment. If you are not using a reader, follow the link below to setup Outlook Express. Click on "Open with newsreader" under the MS Retail Management System on ...

Check links #2
Hello, I get this error message when I do a check links in Bank Managment Amount does not match with CB_Distribution FYI we just Upgraded from GP9 to GP10 sp3 Thanks ...

Visual Basic Error Message #2
After updating an application unrelated to Excel that I have been using for two years, evefry time I now start Excel (I'm using Excel 2003, by the way), I initially get a Microsoft Visual Basic error window popping up on my screen: "System Error &H8000FFFF (-2147418113). Catastrophic failure." When I click OK, a second Microsoft Visual Basic error window pops up: "Out of memory." I then click OK, the window disapears, and then everything runs just fine. All my calculations, prior work and spreadsheets and so forth, as well as new files I create are readily...

OWA Question #2
I'm running Exchange 2003 with IIS 6. Is there a less graphical version or option for people that have a dial up connection? Yes. You can use the basic version per the following: 821909 Use Exchange Server 2003 Outlook Web Access Basic with Browsers Earlier http://support.microsoft.com/?id=821909 And this should help you with setting it up: 830827 How to manage Outlook Web Access features in Exchange Server 2003 http://support.microsoft.com/?id=830827 Regards, Colby -- Please do not send e-mail directly to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup purposes only. This posting i...

Count function #2
I have in Several Columns a list of Customer Names and for each column I would like to do a Count of how many in each column but when I do =Count(B2:B33) it returns a 0 and should return 4 Does a Count not work on text? Thanks! Hi, =Counta(B2:B33) if this helps please click yes, thanks "H" wrote: > I have in Several Columns a list of Customer Names and for each column I > would like to do a Count of how many in each column but when I do > > =Count(B2:B33) > > it returns a 0 and should return 4 > > Does a Count not work on text? > > Tha...

Outlook 2003 not closing #2
When I'm done reading and sending mail I close Outlook (It's version 2003, running under Windows XP) using the 'Close' button. After going through a day of opening, checking and answering mail and then closing when done, I've noticed that Task Manager shows multiple copies of OUTLOOK.EXE running. None of them seem to be taking CPU resources, but they do have memory assigned. During the day, I don't notice any error messages. Everything seems to be working fine. There are no clues to indicate that something hasn't closed until I try to re-boot the PC. Th...

How to concatenate multiple values in text box
I'm trying to code a control source for a text box to concatenate and handle various possible values. There are three fields I need to handle: For example, if the values for the three fields are ... Person_Relation = "Parent" Person_Relation_Other = <NULL> Person_Relation_Type = "Biological" .... my text box should show: Parent :Biological; (The ":" and ";" will be replaced by "(" and ")" but for now it's easier to use something other than parentheses for testing.) If instead the values for the three fields are...

USING DATES IN FORMULAS #2
I foubd a problem with excel 2003 If you introduce a formula using dates (in spanish version) (dd/mm/yy), excel doesnt makes the calculation........... ???? Can somebody hep me In the USA version (English), I could use: =if(a1=date(2005,10,27),"It's Oct 27, 2005","it's not") to refer to a date. I don't know what the Spanish function is for =date(), though. Carlos Benavides wrote: > > I foubd a problem with excel 2003 > If you introduce a formula using dates (in spanish version) (dd/mm/yy), > excel doesnt makes the calculation........... ????...

How do I use a pivot table to get an average count? #2
I have a list of transactions with colum headers of Month, Date, Weekday, Time and the transaction data. I would like to see the average number of transaction per hour per day. Can this be done in a pivot table? ...

Migrating Public Folders #2
I have just got involved in a Migration from EX5.5 to EX2003. 1. AD is clean an all accounts have been manually created not migrated. 2. Company has over 12,000 public folders on EX5.5. 3. I need to migrate mailboxes to EX2003 and connect then to the manually created accounts. 4. Migrate the Public Folders whilst keeping the security.! What is the best method to do this. All migrition tools seem to use sid history etc, obviuosly not an optionhere. I have looked at a util called PFADMIN. Does this export security using display name. If so could this be used to re-assign security on the EX2003....

slow performance #2
help! i can't seem to get my outlook to scroll through messages quicker. when i scroll to the next message, it takes up to 10 seconds to bring up the next one! it's driving my nuts! anyone have suggestions? What version of Outlook? What kind of system do you have? -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr **I apologize but I am unable to respond to direct requests for assistance. Please post questions and replies here in the newsgroup. Mahalo! "boogznhooch@charter.net" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mess...

first tab to other tabs #2
Help Pls. i want to enter data in the first tab, without retyping them in individual tabs have the automatic sepeared in other tabs. exp. column a b c a b c a b c global 300 pcs 10 boxes global 300 pcs 10 boxes island 400 pcs 20 boxes island 400 pcs 20 boxes global 200 pcs 5 boxes island 300 pcs 10 boxes island 300 pcs 10 boxes global 200 pcs 5 boxes all vendors global island Thank You ...