adding up some cells

I would like to know if someone could give me a formula that will add up some cells?

On a weekly time sheet if I put an "X" in a cell by each day for each x if would add $6.00 for parking. So at the end of a 5 day week it would show $30.00 in one cell and if there was only 4 "x"s it would show $24.00 in a total cell.

Mon, 8 hours, "x" /// Tues, 8 hours, "x" and so on....
The X's would be in cells- F8, J8, N8, R8, V8, Z8, AB8 total shows in AF8

Each x = $6.00

I hope this makes sense,
Thanks for your time
Wayne

0
wkthompson (10)
4/1/2012 1:56:53 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

hi Wayne,

=SUMPRODUCT(--(F8="x")+(J8="x")+(N8="x")+(R8="x")+(V8="x")+(Z8="x")+(AB8="x"))*6

--
isabelle

Le 2012-03-31 21:56, Wayne Thompson a �crit :
> I would like to know if someone could give me a formula that will add up some cells?
>
> On a weekly time sheet if I put an "X" in a cell by each day for each x if would add $6.00 for parking.

So at the end of a 5 day week it would show $30.00 in one cell and if there was only 4 "x"s it would show $24.00 in a total cell.

> Mon, 8 hours, "x" /// Tues, 8 hours, "x" and so on....
> The X's would be in cells- F8, J8, N8, R8, V8, Z8, AB8 total shows in AF8
>
> Each x = $6.00
>
> I hope this makes sense,
> Thanks for your time
> Wayne

0
isabelle
4/1/2012 3:43:50 AM
On Saturday, March 31, 2012 8:56:53 PM UTC-5, Wayne Thompson wrote:
> I would like to know if someone could give me a formula that will add up some cells?
>
> On a weekly time sheet if I put an "X" in a cell by each day for each x if would add $6.00 for parking. So at the end of a 5 day week it would show $30.00 in one cell and if there was only 4 "x"s it would show $24.00 in a total cell.
>
> Mon, 8 hours, "x" /// Tues, 8 hours, "x" and so on....
> The X's would be in cells- F8, J8, N8, R8, V8, Z8, AB8 total shows in AF8
>
> Each x = $6.00
>
> I hope this makes sense,
> Thanks for your time
> Wayne

If no other cells on the row have an X then it Could be as simple as
=SUMPRODUCT((F8:ab8="x")*1)
or if every 4th cell then this will do it
=SUMPRODUCT((T(OFFSET(F8:N8,0,{0,4,8,12,16,20}))="x")+0)

0
dguillett11 (103)
4/1/2012 1:24:21 PM
hi Don,

it is a very beautiful formula
thanks for that

--
isabelle

Le 2012-04-01 09:24, Don Guillett a �crit :
> If no other cells on the row have an X then it Could be as simple as
> =SUMPRODUCT((F8:ab8="x")*1)
> or if every 4th cell then this will do it
> =SUMPRODUCT((T(OFFSET(F8:N8,0,{0,4,8,12,16,20}))="x")+0)

0
isabelle

Adding conditions to sales reports
For accounting reasons, our parent company needs to know the amount of sales made to employees of our store. I thought I had this figured out with a SQL query (see below) but it turns out the numbers from my query are very different from the numbers returned to the Sales > Top Customers report. Is there a way to run the Top Customers report, but adding a condition (not in the filter option list) to include only rows where Customer.Employee = 1? I appreciate any tips. Here's my SQL, maybe there's something easily seen that I missed... SELECT c.LastName + ', ' + c.Firs...

Adding logical values
I tried to add a range of cells which values came from a function and the result was 0. It didn't seem to understand the result of my function as a true number. any hint on how to add this range of cells? Thanks much, vmusquar@earthlink.net They are probably text-formatted if a text function has created them as in: =LEFT(A1,2) while A1 houses something like 215 or 21A. =--LEFT(A1,2) or =LEFT(A1,2)+0 would make the result a true number. Veronique wrote: > I tried to add a range of cells which values came from a > function and the result was 0. It didn't seem to > ...

Importing or opening a set of email addresses so that they are in vertical cells
When I do it now by copying a set of emails on my outlook address bar and past it into excel they are all in one cell. HELP HOW SHOULD I DO THAT? Thanks Hi Use File/Import Export from Outlook and choose 'Excel file' as type. Andy. "Felix" <felix@feacinstitute.org> wrote in message news:1143044573.798729.163680@i39g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > When I do it now by copying a set of emails on my outlook address bar > and past it into excel they are all in one cell. > HELP HOW SHOULD I DO THAT? > Thanks > Andy thanks, but what I need is: I have a w...

Seperate two words in a cell
I have a column heading called "Name". Each cell in this column contains the first and the last name. What formula can I use (in 2 new columns called FName and SName) to separate the first name from the last name. Hi, Gary. Use Text to Columns, about 1/3rd the way down this page: http://www.officearticles.com/tutorials/an_extreme_tutorial_in_microsoft_excel.htm ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "Gary" <g45340@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:42de4c57$0$8417$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au... > I have a column heading called "Name&qu...

Cell display in 2007
After revising a formula in Excel 2007, the new number is presented overlaid on top of the previous number in the cell. If I minimize EXCEL and then then maximize, the cell data presents correctly. Formula, Calculation Options is set to Automatic. The size of the spreadsheet/file does not matter. I've only had EXCEL 2007 a few weeks and my PC is new. Our IT shop has changed PC's virtual memory to 5120-8192 with no improvement. There have been reports of a bug in a windows update for office 2007 November 10th Can cause "visual leaking" from one sheet to an...

How can I convert empty strings to empty cells?
Hi there. Hopefully someone can help with something that seems pretty strange. I'm exporting data from access to excel and doing some stuff to the data with pivot tables. In the pivot tables however, blank cells don't register as 'blank' unless I manually go into each cell and hit delete (even though there seems to be nothing there to delete). Here's an example of before: Count of QualityChecked QualityChecked Total (blank) 4 Yes 6 Grand Total 10 and after I delete the data in the seemingly blank cells: Count of QualityChecked QualityChecke...

active cell status disappears ??
If I leave the cursor in say C5, and come back to the computer a minute or so later, the Name box shows C5 as the active cell, but the cell isn't referenced anymore ... in other words, it's not "framed" showing that's where the cursor is ... I have to physically click the mouse in a cell to get the "frame" to come back ... This just started happening a week or so ago, on my work computer ... I don't know is someone else might have downloaded a virus or changed the settings ... Help ...??? When Excel itself loses focus (is no longer the active applic...

How to combine cells into one
I am trying to map a product list to a template for their my website ecommerce app. my product fields don't match up exactly with the website so in some cases I need to consolidate fields. I would like take some columns and combine them into one.. but instead of taking 1,2,3 into 123 I want to add some text and stuff in between... ie, some of the columns I have are measurements so the numbers alone might be meaning less. I'm not really excel savvy but I tried =B2&othercolumns, but the problem with this is there are no spaces. I tried adding spaces before and or a...

Last Cell
Is there a way to change the which cell Excel tracks as the last cell? Thanks! Hi not quite sure what you'e looking for?. If you have to re-set the used range try http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#Unused -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Allison wrote: > Is there a way to change the which cell Excel tracks as > the last cell? Thanks! >-----Original Message----- >Hi >not quite sure what you'e looking for?. If you have to re- set the used >range try >http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#Unused > >-- >Regards >Frank Kabel >F...

Seperating cells and columns
Is there a way to seperate some cells and/or columns so you could have different height cells/columns that are in the same row? thx, Dave -- DRLski ------------------------------------------------------------------------ DRLski's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26892 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=401166 inserts some rows above and below your initial row and merge the ones that need to be higher with cells above and/or below -- Dnereb -------------------------------------------------------------------...

conditional formatting, empty cells
Hi faced to the following problem: Let us asssume that i want to c fin all values in column A with range 3 to 9 and make them red. Everything goes fine when I select the whole column, go to th conditional formatting and use the system: if cell value is not betwee 0-9 make the cell red. The blank cells are not colored BUT: when I use the same system with values between 3-9, the empt cells are colored to red and system is not working. Can anyone explain why this system is working from 0 to eternity an not from 1 to eternity.. -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi are these ce...

Adding (2) Many-to-one relationships with the same primary entity
I have created a custom entity, projects and I need to have several lookup fields within in such as Engineer, Architect, Customer, etc. All of these fields point to the ACCOUNT entity to lookup the company that the project is associated with. The problem I am having is that I cannot add any more than one relationship that uses account as the primary entity (i.e. a many to one relationship). Whenever I try to make the relationship I get this error: "This relationship cannot be created because only one relationship can be cascading the same related entity" Any suggestions? ...

use arrow keys to tab to specific cells
I was able to use my arrow keys to tab to specific cells, now it moves the entire worksheet instead. How to I enable my arrow keys to move to cells? Hi, On the keyboard tap 'Scroll Lock' key. Mike "mary ellen" wrote: > I was able to use my arrow keys to tab to specific cells, now it moves the > entire worksheet instead. How to I enable my arrow keys to move to cells? SCROLL lock is ON. (Key near to Print Screen in your keyboard) Turn it OFF -- Jacob "mary ellen" wrote: > I was able to use my arrow keys to tab to specific c...

Format a cell as seconds
Is there a way to format cells to appear as seconds. I would like to type 7 and have it generate a 0:00:07. I know that I could use the TIME function for this, but I would need two cells for that. I want to format the cell I'm working in. Thanks! Hi have a look at http://www.cpearson.com/excel/DateTimeEntry.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Lisa wrote: > Is there a way to format cells to appear as seconds. I > would like to type 7 and have it generate a 0:00:07. I > know that I could use the TIME function for this, but I > would need two cells for tha...

Excel 97
I have 2 different pivot tables, each with a total. If I select both totals using Office 2003, the SUM of the 2 cells appears in the bottom right of the spreadsheet. If I try to select the same 2 cells using Office 97, nothing happens and the cells are not selected. Can anyone confirm whether or not this function is only available with Office 2000 or later? ...

excel copy cells to word template
I have a large workbook and I want to copy cells from one sheet called Menu to a specific word template called PDC_MCC_IR.dot and save the word template as a word document. I have a bit of code that can open a word document and past information from cells in the word document but I need help for the rest. Can anyone help me. Here is the code that I already have. Sub Excel_to_Word() Dim appWord As Word.Application Set appWord = New Word.Application appWord.Visible = True Range("b4:c10").Copy appWord.Documents.Add.Content.Paste Application.CutCopyMode ...

Removing digits from front and back of number in a cell
I have a column of numbers that I need to delete the first 5 digits of the number and the last 2 digits of the number. Can this be done in Excel? If so, how? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you, Scott Hi Scott, Assuming your number is in cell A1 =LEFT(RIGHT(A1,LEN(A1)-5),LEN(A1)-5-2) Or slightly simplified, =LEFT(RIGHT(A1,LEN(A1)-5),LEN(A1)-7) Hope that helps. Regards, Kevin "Scott" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:065001c399b6$b751b9f0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I have a column of numbers that I need to delete the > first 5 digit...

adding yes/no field
How do I add a check box field to my query field name to be "Active" I Tried Active:=yes/no,checkbox DIDN't WORK can you fix for me or is it not able to do this THANKS MARSMAN You would add the check box (binary) field to the table the query is based on then it will show in the field list of your query. Name it "active" in the table. -- Milton Purdy ACCESS State of Arkansas "MaRSMAN" wrote: > How do I add a check box field to my query field name to be "Active" > I Tried Active:=yes/no,checkbox DIDN't WORK ...

Excel
I am trying to create a formula that if a range of cells contains a specific value AND a range of cells in the next column contains a specific value, then the corresponding cells in the third column will be summed. What I have is below. It recognizes the formula as long as all the cells in the range of the first two columns contain the respective specific values. Can anyone suggest a corrected formula, so the values in the cell ranges can vary? Thanks! =(IF((AND(A2:A500="Value 1",B2:B500="Value 2")),SUM(C2:C500))) Chris, Try this =SUMPRODUCT((A2:A500=&q...

Auto Populating cells from a master spreadsheet
How can I autopopulate a cell from a master spreadsheet to other spreadsheets while maintaining all data and cell characteristics(cell color, attached notes, etc.)? ...

Printing hidden cells
Have hidden cells but want the contents (which are the score the child was given)to be printed, how please? TIA You can't unless you unhide them. You could use a macro that unhides them, prints the document, then hides them again. This macro would be simple enough to record (Tools-->Macro-->Record New Macro). -- _______________________ Robert Rosenberg R-COR Consulting Services Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.r-cor.com "Chris Meech" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:17d1301c419cf$0ab2c830$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Have hidden cells but ...

Printing Graphs with drawing lines added
I have a graph and I have used the drawing line to add a target. It looks fine on the screen but when I do a print preview or print the line goes away. I have another graph with the same type of drawing line but it will print. I need to know what to do to get the drawing line that is overlayed on the chart to print like my other chart. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Instead of drawing a line, you can follow Jon Peltier's instructions to add a line to a chart: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ComboCharts.html#AddLine For your existing lines, it sounds...

Cell that is autolink to another cell without permission
I have certain cells in a spreadsheet that want to automatically get assign to other cells without my intervention. Another way to say this, is when I add a number to cell A3, M3 automatically equals A3. I have done a search on Microsoft website but found nothing. I'm using Office XP. Also, I have copied the spreadsheet to a new spreadsheet and that does not make any difference as well. Butch Crowder To have M3 always and automatically equal A3, enter in M3: =A3 If that's what you mean. Anders Silv�n "Butch Crowder" <bcrowder@henselphelps.com> skrev i medde...

Outlook 2007 keeps repeating/adding send tasks while sending/receiving
Hi all, I have Outlook 2007 installed on a XP pro PC. I have 1 account for a IMAP mailserver and a couple accounts for POP3 mailservers configured. Auto send/receive is disabled at startup (so I have to start in manually). Everything worked fine till some weeks ago. When I hit the send/receive button, all the configured accounts are added to the task list in the send/receive window. After all account are processed, all accounts are added to the task list again for sending, over and over again. I have a screenshot of that on http://www.raadselweb.net/temp/sendreceive.jpg Also, sometimes...

Changing color of cell
Excel: In an if statement can i change cell fill or background color if correct Noit in the cell formula but you can use Conditional Formatting to change the color of the cell. Format>Conditional Formatting:Formula is =A1="Noelsy" Format to a color. If A1 contains Noelsy the cell will be colored. If it contains Gord it will not be colored. Or for this simple example CF>Cell Value is equal to Noelsy would return the color if true. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 30 Nov 2007 20:21:01 -0800, Noelsy <Noelsy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Excel: In an if...