Adding up 2 columns

Ok, the subject line might not be accurate...  I have a spreadsheet
with worksheets for each month that we track the sales of several
people on.

I want to make a grid that outputs the count of each type of
transaction, but seperated by name.  For example

John   Jan   Feb
A         4      6
B         7     18

Jane   Jan   Feb
A         4      6
B         7     18

In a prefect world I will code all but the results, and the results
would update automatically.  Is there any easy ways to do this?
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

What does a typical "month" sheet data layout look like?
best wishes

--
Bernard Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Gord" <gordonrmac@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Ok, the subject line might not be accurate...  I have a spreadsheet
> with worksheets for each month that we track the sales of several
> people on.
>
> I want to make a grid that outputs the count of each type of
> transaction, but seperated by name.  For example
>

> John   Jan   Feb
> A         4      6
> B         7     18
>
> Jane   Jan   Feb
> A         4      6
> B         7     18
>
> In a prefect world I will code all but the results, and the results
> would update automatically.  Is there any easy ways to do this?

Excel 2007 PivotTable
Consolidate month tabs with macro.
Group PT by month.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/5wmygmz0tnd/10_19_09.xlsm
On Oct 19, 5:20=A0pm, "Bernard Liengme" <blien...@TRUENORTH.stfx.ca>
wrote:
> What does a typical "month" sheet data layout look like?
> best wishes
>
> --
> Bernard Liengme
> Microsoft Excel MVPhttp://people.stfx.ca/bliengme
>
> "Gord" <gordonr...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > Ok, the subject line might not be accurate... =A0I have a spreadsheet
> > with worksheets for each month that we track the sales of several
> > people on.
>
> > I want to make a grid that outputs the count of each type of
> > transaction, but seperated by name. =A0For example
>
> > John =A0 Jan =A0 Feb
> > A =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 4 =A0 =A0 =A06
> > B =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 7 =A0 =A0 18
>
> > Jane =A0 Jan =A0 Feb
> > A =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 4 =A0 =A0 =A06
> > B =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 7 =A0 =A0 18
>
> > In a prefect world I will code all but the results, and the results
> > would update automatically. =A0Is there any easy ways to do this?- Hide=
 quoted text -

Each Month has 9 or 10 columns with different info of the item in each
column (date, transactio ntype, model sold, etc)

if cell is text move left one column

VB Macro #2

C# Adding Days to a Date
Hello, I have 2 objects: objContract.activeon and objContract.expireson. I am trying to add 364 days to objContract.activeon and assign it to the value of objContractexpireson. ---------------------------------------------------------- // Contract Start Date DateTime dt = DateTime.Now; objContract.activeon = new CrmDateTime(); int iFound = 0; string sTemp = ""; if (objAccount.paymenttermscode.Value == 1) // due on receipt - use Todays Date { objContract.activeon = objInvoice.CFDinvoicedate; } else // ...

VCR to DVD Part 2

Adding support for mfc / atl types in a Win32 project
MSDN says this about adding support for classes shared between atl & mfc (I'm just after points and rects btw)... just add the header ( atltypes.h ). I'm getting linker errors for these classes though. Is there a lib I need to add? Any screwy build options need changing? It's in VC 2003. In the project wizard I note that atl and mfc support aren't available when creating an empty Win32 application. Ta. On 26 May 2006 07:42:09 -0700, Simon L wrote: > MSDN says this about adding support for classes shared between atl & > mfc (I'm just after points and rect...

Sorting on Column headers
I have a spreedsheet that someone else created and I need to take the Column headers, which are in date form, and rearrange them in chronological order. Can this be done without cutting and pasting? I really need to save time with this project if possible. Thanks!:) --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ > I have a spreedsheet that someone else created and I need to take the > Column headers, which are in date form, and rearrange them in > chronological order. Can this be done without cutting and pasting? I > really need to save time with this project if possib...

set print area #2

adding extra marker styles
how do we add extra marker styles into an excel chart? we have used all the ones it has given us in 2003, but there use3d to be many more in 2002, how do we get them back? Hi, Here is an explanation on how to add custom markers. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/CustomMarkers.html I don't think the marker style have changed since xl2000. Cheers Andy Grizzabella wrote: > how do we add extra marker styles into an excel chart? we have used all the > ones it has given us in 2003, but there use3d to be many more in 2002, how do > we get them back? -- Andy Pope, Micro...

OEM publisher 2002 Sp1-2

Opening Multiple Web Links in a Column

How can I print on 8 1/2"x17" paper?

Money Updates #2

Can't create the item #2

Character Length in a column
I have a column where every cell must have 14 characters. Lets say have the name Angel. I need 9 more charcters. Next cell down have the word cake. I need 10 more charcters.How do I automatciall insert the spaces I need to have 14 charcters. HELP PLEASE!!!!! GOIN NUTS ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ~~Now Available: Financial Statements.xls, a step by step guide to creating financial statements One way: Do you care about what characters are added? I'l...

Freeze the side column/top row & scroll others
what is the function to set (lock in or freeze) the first column and / or top row of a spreadsheet, so the words and numbers remain in the same place as you scroll the other columns and rows. (so you can add more columns..yet keep the main information in the first column/row) Freeze Panes..... In older versions of Excel, it is under Window. In 2007 version of Excel, it is under View. You first select a cell, then activate the command. Excel uses the selected cell's upper left corner to define the freeze point. Play with it. You can also Unfreeze panes that were fro...

IMAP address on exchange sever #2

help #2