Adding time values

Hi to all,

I'm trying to add time values together,

EG: 1:30 (90minutes) + 0:30 (30 minutes) to return a value of 2:00

Is it possible to do this in Excel?

Thanks in advance,

John.

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Yes, just put the two times in separate cells, and add them =A1+A2

--

HTH

RP

"Johnty" <johnmcgibbon@msn.com> wrote in message
> Hi to all,
>
> I'm trying to add time values together,
>
> EG: 1:30 (90minutes) + 0:30 (30 minutes) to return a value of 2:00
>
> Is it possible to do this in Excel?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> John.

0
bob.phillips1 (6510)
4/15/2005 9:27:09 PM
Try this:

=MIN(cell 1)+MIN(cell 2)

HTH,
Paul

"Johnty" <johnmcgibbon@msn.com> wrote in message
> Hi to all,
>
> I'm trying to add time values together,
>
> EG: 1:30 (90minutes) + 0:30 (30 minutes) to return a value of 2:00
>
> Is it possible to do this in Excel?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> John.

0
pclive (112)
4/15/2005 9:32:46 PM
Brilliant!

Thanks,

In article <1113601250.eb01178c7d499e2418e9c5298344f11f@teranews>,
johnmcgibbon@msn.com says...
> Brilliant!
>
> Thanks,
>

> "PCLIVE" <pclive@livenet.net> wrote in message
> > Try this:
> >
> > =MIN(cell 1)+MIN(cell 2)
> >
> > HTH,
> > Paul
> >
> > "Johnty" <johnmcgibbon@msn.com> wrote in message
> >> Hi to all,
> >>
> >> I'm trying to add time values together,
> >>
> >> EG: 1:30 (90minutes) + 0:30 (30 minutes) to return a value of 2:00
> >>
> >> Is it possible to do this in Excel?
> >>
> >> Thanks in advance,
> >>
> >> John.

You may also consider formatting the cells as Custom >> [h]:mm
to show the time for >24hrs (elapsed time mode - otherwise these are
converted to dates)

--
Jasvinder Taneja

Embedded PDF object in web page: OneNote is launching and opening PDFs at the same time as Adobe Reader
I have a Windows 2008 Server machine with Office 2007, Adobe Reader 9, and IE8 installed. When opening a web page with an embedded PDF control (using <object> tag and Adobe Reader's CLASSID) in IE8, the PDF appears properly in the Adobe PDF control embedded in the web page, but at the same time, OneNote launches separately and opens the same PDF. How do we stop OneNote from doing this? We have XP Pro machines with Office 2007, Reader 9, IE8 that do not exhibit this behavior. -- Paul -------- Original-Nachricht -------- > I have a Windows 2008 Serv...

Time Zone chagnes in 2003
I have read some articles about changing your time zone without effecting the times of appointments by exporting and reimporting, but all these KB's seem to apply to previous versions. Is this still the only way to accomplish this in 2003? And if so what will I loose if I do this (any effect on reoccurrence, linked contacts, categories, labels, locations, show time as, and all day events)? Or does anyone know of any way to do this easier (with a 3rd part app perhaps)? Thank you! it works for all versions. AFAIK, you won't loose anything, but you can try it with a few to see ...

Chart two variables with differing values
I'd like to chart data similar to: Year 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 Thefts 75 120 95 101 80 Veh. Mfg. 100,200 125000 130000 145000 125000 I want to produce a chart with the year on the abcissa and with the Thefts scale on left ordinate and Veh. Mfg on the right ordinate and have the scales set accordingly. I'm running Excel 2002. Seems i can't select the Format/Selected Series data Series/Secondary Axis to set the scales correctly. I'd like to get som...

Permissions in AD for ADD/Change/Modify smtp proxy addresses
I have an Accounts Operator group that no longer can add or modify the SMTP Proxy email addresses in user properties. Don't know what happen, but could someone please tell me what specific permissions I need to give them to be able to add/change these addresses in user properties?? Thanks, Dana ...

Custom dat & time code
Does anyone know if it's possible write a custom cell-format code that=20 would look like the one Excel provides (mm/dd hh:mm AM/PM) but sets the=20 time in red? I've tried "mm/dd [RED]hh:mm AM/PM," but whenever I save = it,=20 Excel moves the red bracket to the beginning of the code so the whole = thing=20 is red. Help! Any ideas? I don't think you can. You can't format formulas like this (character by character). And you can't format numbers this way, either. (Anyway, I couldn't do it.) Wuddus wrote: > > Does anyone know if it's possible ...

Extender-Adding Buyer Information to POP Blank Form Header
I have added an extender window to the Buyer Maintenance window, to include email address, phone number, fax number, etc. (Cards>Purchasing>Buyer) I would like to print this information in the Header of the POP Purchase Order Blank form. Can anyone give me some suggestions? Using V9 on SQL thanks! -- Doug There is an article, KB 904575, that has pretty good directions on adding extender fields to a report. But the article has a missing step in it. In Calculated Field 2, there should be a step 3 just like step 3 in Calculated Field 1, which changes the result type to string...

Adding a Gmail IMAP tag/folder to Entourage
I created a new Gmail tag called travel. In Mail it immediately appears as an IMAP folder. How do I do this in Entourage. I refreshed the message lists etc. On 5/15/10 3:46 PM, in article 9dd4e304-c593-4248-866a-b79e0324ea27@q8g2000vbm.googlegroups.com, "Kerry" <kerry@fastmail.net> wrote: > I created a new Gmail tag called travel. In Mail it immediately > appears as an IMAP folder. How do I do this in Entourage. I refreshed > the message lists etc. Click on the account in the folder list. Select "Receive complete folder list". -- Diane Ros...

Time formatting issues
I am nearly finished working on my latest project, a data entry GUI in VBA (2003), and have run into difficulties dealing with time values. Brief project background: It is a simple data entry form which takes various bits of flight data and enters them onto a spreadsheet. The key entries I'm having trouble with are 'Time' values. Two fields are automatically populated with the appropriate 'Departure' and 'Arrival' times based on a 'ListIndex' run during initialization, which allows values for the 'Flight Numbers'. An 'If...Then' stat...

How do I copy an Excel chart with added text boxes into Word or P.
I have created a chart in Excel and added a number of text boxes on top of the chart. I need to paste the entire chart & text boxes into Word and/or Powerpoint; however by selecting the chart and copying, the text boxes are excluded. MS help suggests entering the text boxes outside the chart then moving them into the chart and grouping the chart and text boxes; however there does not seem to be the ability to group the chart with the text boxes. If you had clicked on the chart before making the textboxes, all the items would have been grouped. But you can do it later: Hold down SHI...

How to pass value from one form to another form.
I have the following code in BookList.aspx: <form id="form1" runat="server"> <div> <asp:GridView ID="GridView1" runat="server" AutoGenerateColumns="False" DataSourceID="LibSysDataSource" AllowPaging="True"> <Columns> <asp:BoundField DataField="AccessionNo" HeaderText="Accession No" /> <asp:BoundField DataField="Title" HeaderText="Title" SortExpression="Title&qu...

Adding Automation methods to a class without class-wizard?
How? It use to be so easy with Classwizard adding new automation methods to an MFC COM class - now it seems you have to do it all by hand - for something that is very messy - Is there a substitute somewhere within 2005 for what was once the classwizard? Have you tried finding the class you created (in the ClassView) and looking at the methods you can add there (in the properties) when selected in that view. I agree that the functionality being split up made it way more difficult for C++ programmers. I think everyone agrees with that, but most of the functionality is still there it...

CSocket.Connect() Port Value
All: What is the best way to determine the "Host Port" value in the CSocket.Connect() function? The examples use the value 700 or greater. Can there be a conflict if I just use the value 700? -- Regards; Bruce Kingsley The correct port value to use is the port number of the port you are trying to connect to. That is determined by your host. If you are writing the host, unless you are implementing a standard protocol, it should not be < 1024. It must not be hardwired unless you have a registered port number (which you must get from IANA, the Internet Assigned Number Autho...

Field values used to filter a report
I have a report that is based upon a query that filters the data in a variety of ways. The net result is a listing of Zip Codes that I ultimately use as a part of the data for a report. The contents of this report is limited to the Zip Codes from the query. (Not a true filter) I need to be able to print this list of zip codes in a comma seperated list in the report header. I am sure this can be easily accomplished but for the life of me I cannot figure this out. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. There are 2 parts to your question: a) How to provide an interface ...

WMP- Removing songs from 'Recently Added' playlist?
Is it possible to remove songs from the recently added playlist? I just added a ton of new cd's and my Recently Added playlist is overwhelmingly long. I'd like to make a few of the albums not show up as recently added. Is that possible? On Fri, 2 Apr 2010 16:58:01 -0700, nowhereman42 <nowhereman42@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is it possible to remove songs from the recently added playlist? No, because it isn't a playlist, but some code that displays any track where the added date is in the last few days (providing your clock is set to US-format dates...

Adding specific Cells Only.
I am doing a tally on what my department has spent the past year. The sheet looks along the lines of this: Department Item Use (If Applicable) Cost Benefits Area Administration Two Pt. Buliten Boards $1,700.00 N1, N2, N3, N4 Medication Refrigerator $600.00 N2 Pictures $500.00 N2 Chairs, Furniture/Equiptment Supplies $7,200.00 North Hall TOTAL $10,000.00 Courtyard $40,000.00 N1 Courtyard $40,000.00 N1 TOAL $80,000.00 Rehab OT supplies for centralized groups including supplies foor physical diabetes Groups/Activities Splints, excercises, ...

Products added directly to Opportunity
Why can't I link and display products when they are added directly to an Opportunity? I can do it using Access but not with CRM tools - Reports or Advanced Query. I need a list for a date range of all products sold by Owner. The sales team do not use Orders or Quotes. Our partner said it would work fine to just add the product directly to the Opportunity. Only problem, no reports! Any help greatly appreciated. -- JNech Houston On the left-hand side of the Opportunity screen, there is a section titled 'Products' which lists the Products that are potentially been sold as part ...

SBS2008 - Activesync
Just put a whole bunch of users onto SBS2008 today and configured their mobiles. They really *hate* that their mobile handsets are locking after a short period of inactivity. Is it down to this policy setting ? Activesync - Maximum inactivity time lock 15mins They either want this lengthening considerably or want it disabling altogether. They want to choose when they want to lock their phones. What's the score regards this ? They want it to work the same as it did on their old SBS2003 server. Jim wrote: > Just put a whole bunch of users onto SBS2008 toda...

display last value in a column
I would like to display the last value unequal to zero recorded in a column in a specific cell. For example, A1 is to display the last value unequal to zero recorded in column B. The number of entries and values in column B changes frequently; therefore the last value in column B is in a different row. Thanks. -- Mike Try this... Assuming there are no logical TRUE entries in the range. =LOOKUP(1E100,1/B2:B100,B2:B100) -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "Mike" <Mike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DFFCBDB0-3632-46AC-A3AB-073E6F0D475...

Re-adding an old Tender Type
Thanks to an Accountant who setup my GL accounts incorrect, I need to re-import all of my RMS into a new Accounting program. My issues is that when I first used RMS, I had separate tenders for Visa and MasterCard. When I try to post all of the transactions, I get the "Transaction out of balance error" I figured why as there were transactions to the old MasterCard Tender prior to deleting it. Now I have re-entered it so the numbers will balance. After creating the tender again and assigning the GL to it, the posting still does not show it. Is this due to the way it was set...

Values
I would like to add 2 values (value and percent) to my column bar chart. I need to see my raw N and the percent on one bar. Anyone know how to do that? As an example, set your data up as follows assuming the below: (1) The letters are in column A (2) The numbers are in column B (3) The percentages are in column C a 4 25% b 3 19% c 4 25% d 5 31% Create a Clustered Column Chart. Double-click on the columns and in the Format Data Series dialog box go to the Data Labels tab and check “Label contains Value”. When complete, you should have data labels for all of the bars. Again, in the...

Cancel button's ActiveControl reflects as value of text box
Hi All, On my form I have an "on exit" code to test whether its text box is "empty" or not. When I click the "Cancel" button I still get the msg that the txt box is empty. Using Debug.print to show the Me.ActiveControl gives me the value of the preceeding txt box. What I'm trying to achieve is to ignore the "empty" test if cancel has been selected by exiting the "on exit" before the msg box sub & clearly I'm misunderstanding the usage here somewhere. Hugh I'm a bit unclear what you want to accomplish... ...

Word 2007 Show Markup checkmarks and Date/Time Issue
Hi, I have a new HP desktop computer and finally got Word 2007. I have two questions. In the Review section of Word 2007, the Show Markup subsection has checkmarks for ink, comments, etc. as the default selection. Is there any way to change this default and uncheckmark them so it isn't automatic? I have looked everywhere online for a solution and can't find one. Second, in the bottom right-hand corner of my monitor, the time is showing as usual. However, when I first got my computer (last week), it also showed the date (I loved this feature). After re-starting my compute...

Adding a disclaimer to outgoing emails
How can I add a disclaimer to all outgoing emails using Microsoft Outlook 2000 and Exchange? You can do that as a part of your signature. Just setup a signature (I have my name, title, company name and address, then the disclaimer beneath that, for example). You can do that from the Tools menu / Options, Mail Format / Signatures. Check the options there for outgoing emails, etc. PS: Make sure you do that from the main Outlook menu, not from the menu that you see when youn are writing an email. Paul >-----Original Message----- >How can I add a disclaimer to all outgoing emai...

An error has occurred. For more information,contact your system ad
I just migrated our system from Goldmine to MsCRM. One problem is I can view activity details. When I select an activity item and double-click it, a dialog appeared and the error message is : "An error has occurred. For more information,contact your system administrator". If I manually create an activity, then I can open it correctly. I go to the CRM server and find an event: ========================== Source: Microsoft CRM Category:None User: N/A Error Message : An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for ...

Field name derived from a string value returns a Run-time error 2465.
I have two labels on a form and want to populate them during the run time of my form. The name of the labels are "1" the other is called "2" (without the quotes of course). Field 1 runs OK but two returns a run-time error 2465. Of course, the real form is much bigger. A lot of fields called 1 through 31 are populated from within a loop. To simplify my question I down sized this post to two label fields. Any one know how to solve the problem with label "2"? Any help or hint is appreciated. ' This works OK Me![1].Caption = "abc"...