Adding the values on even rows/odd rows.

please refer to this post to prevent dupilcates

http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/showthread.php?t=322724
0
gjfeng (8)
6/3/2008 8:22:41 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Huh?
Dave.
0
dave871 (680)

Saving a new quote before adding new quote products?
Hi all When creating a new quote, it has to be saved before new quote products (existing or write-in) can be added. Is there no other way to complete the quote form and save it all together at the end? The existing "save-step" is not really end user friendly. Anyone knows something more about this issue? Have fun :-) iStephan Quote products have a foreign key pointing to the quote, so it's not possible to save them before the quote itself is saved. As CRM is a web application, it's also not possible to create the quote and all quote details in one call - at least it ...

#VALUE! error: vlookup works in Excel 2000 but not 2003
Hi, My client has a spreadsheet which works fine in Excel 2000 but when opened with Excel 2003 it populates the pages with #VALUE! and the best I can tell is that the problem is with the following formulas. Can anyone advise if they have seen this before. I am unable to post their file but this is the code that I think is a bit suspect. =IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP(B14,'C:\Documents and Settings\User\My Documents\[Price List 040301.xls]Items'!$A:$M,11,FALSE))=TRUE,"",VLOOKUP(B14,'C:\Documents and Settings\User\My Documents\[Price List 040301.xls]Items'!$A:$M,11,FALSE...

adding exchange account error
I have SBS2000 w exch2k sp3. I have 10 users using office 2000 with no problems. We received a corperate hand down pc last week with Win2k & office XP. When I try to setup the exchange mail account it gives me an error that it can not login to the exchange server. I am logged into the domain and my login script is running. I checked my DNS entries and they are to the 2K server. It can resolve the server name. Any help is appreciated. Hello, Please review the following article and check for RPC Binding Order and RPC ClientProtocols: 325930 XCCC: How to Troubleshoot Connectivity I...

I did a reset account of a computer account in AD which is an exchange server #2
How can I get the exchange to talk back to the AD again ... Thanks Andy ...

Big prodject! How to insert row or rows beneath certain text
Is there a code that when a certain text is in collumn (A3) ALL CORE i insert one row beneath it, Also if there is one or more text next t each other, Like Collumn (A9 and A10) HUNTER-#2 and HUNTER-#2 an there're the exactly the same then insert two rows beneath the las Hunter-#2. But the thing is I only want it to happen to specifics text and can it have exceptions like at A5 and A6 the text reads COPE & DRA #2 and under it says COPE & DRAG #3 can the code it insert two row beneath COPE & Drag #3 but if COPE & DRAGE #3 does not appear the insert one row beneath COPE &...

Solver not showing up even though it is loaded
Excel 2007: Please help me with this. I am getting a take home final tonight & will need Solver to complete it. There is also a project coming due & I need it for that, But I am in a serious fix regarding Solver . Your help will be so greatly appreciated I can't even tell you! When using solver I received an error message which seemed on but unfortunately I can't recall it. What does happen now is detailed below. Solver does not show up on the "Data" tab @ the extreme right: http://tinypic.com/r/2iiubnt/6 Under options it is shown as loaded: http://ti...

Finding values in different rows/columns
This should be simple, but I'm lost. To greatly simplify my sheets: 1 11 12 13 14 15 21 22 23 24 25 31 32 33 34 35 41 42 43 44 45 2 11 12 13 14 15 21 22 23 24 25 31 32 33 34 35 41 42 43 44 45 I want to do a VLOOKUP(1,A1:A10,1,false) and return the value in D4, or VLOOKUP(2,A1:A10,1,false) and return the value in C9. In other words, find my A cell reference and return the value in a different row/column from that. Another question: When I move a cell (cell1) to another cell (cell2) a cell (cell3) that references cell1 moves its reference from cell1 to c...

Adding CRM users on an SBS2003 instance
I just installed CRM 3.0 on our instance of SBS2003. All of the documentation I've read thus far instructs me to use Active Directory to add new users. What about using SBS2003's built in "Server Management" app, will that work as well? I have a half a dozen existing users on the SBS server prior to installing CRM. Some have Exchange email boxes some do not. How do I go about adding them to CRM? I assume the ones with exchange email boxes will need to have one set up for them to fully participate in CRM. This is my FIRST ever CRM installation, so please be gentle if these are...

Even vertical spacing between stories
Hi I've got an A4 news sheet that's divided into three columns, with the text flowing from 1 to 2 and then to 3. There are a series of short stories with a headline and I'd like the first story of column 2 to start at the top of the column. This means that at the moment, I'm putting in extra lines (or taking out) between the stories in column 1. The result is that the gap between the stories isn't even and looks bad. Is there a way to "justify vertically" between the stories? Thanks John From Publisher's help Insert a column break You can inse...

Select values from list
Hi all, I got a very stupid problem, but like any stupid problem is bothering me... Some time ago I created a Worbook, and in a few columns of a worksheet I created a kind of combobox, integrated in the sheet, to help the user to select values from a list positioned elewhere in the sheet. To put it simple, when the user selects a cell, appears a down arrow on the right side, and clicking it it's shown a list to choose from. The values of the list are in a cell range on the right side of the sheet. Well, now I need to add new columns, but I can't find out how to re-create these co...

Default value for a field in the create form
Hi all, It's possible to define a default value for a field, in the create form ? Thanks, Hugo You can default a picklist value with out of the box customization but that's it. >-----Original Message----- >Hi all, > >It's possible to define a default value for a field, in the create form ? > >Thanks, >Hugo > > >. > ...

fixing pie chart colors depending upon value ?
This is really about using an excel chart inside an access report but nobody in microsoft.access.reports seems to know the answer. Using a grouped field in a database I end up with two values per record showing the number of 'goods' and the number of 'bads' The pie chart plots these two numbers. I want the 'good' slice always to be green and the 'bad' slice always to be red. Setting the format worked OK until I had 7 goods and zero bads, then the whole chart was red instead of green. Any idea how I can fix this? Howard The technique described in thi...

How to create and set values for newly created attributes in active directory
Hi, I need to add a new string attribute in the properties of users in the active directory. I have changed the schema and added the attribute. Then, it gets listed in the attributes list. But, I could not set this attribute value for users. Please help me in setting this new attribute value for each and every user of users in AD. Thanks, - mv. -- m v ramana ------------------------------------------------------------------------ m v ramana's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/181470.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/active-directory/129...

can you hide rows with a formula?
on my last sheet there should be an overview of the data selected by the user. If the user doesn’t select all the blocks with data “because he thus not need that particular block”. There will be empty rows between the information on the last sheet! I need all the info under each other, so that the user will have a short clear overview that will fit on 1 page to print. (this should be all automatic). Is this possible by hiding the empty rows with a formula? Or is there another way? (The sow called “empty rows” do contain formulas that hide the data blocks that the user thus not need)...

Exchange Migration : Consolidation of 2 AD domains in a new forest
I've done some research about this topic but there seems to be a lot of contradictory information posted on the web. Below I tried to describe the scenario and put some questions so that we could discuss here. Many thanks --------------------------------------------------- GOAL Migrate AD users (Windows 2003) and Exchange 2003 (2 servers in the same organization) from FORESTOLD to FORESTNEW REASON Need to consolidate 2 domains in one with a new name STEPS S1. Install Exchange in the new forest S2. Migrate users to the new forest - Use ADMT to move users - Set option to move sIDHis...

insert blank row every 10 rows
Is it possible to insert a blank row every 10th row starting from row 11 and going until the last and variable row of data? maybe this? Sub test() Dim ws As Worksheet Dim lastrow As Long Set ws = Worksheets("Sheet1") lastrow = ws.Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row Do Until lastrow < 11 If lastrow Mod 10 = 0 Then ws.Rows(lastrow).Offset(-9).EntireRow.Insert End If lastrow = lastrow - 1 Loop End Sub -- Gary Keramidas Excel 2003 "aileen" &...

Unable to unhide some hidden rows
I have been using Excel 2002 to track events. There are about 950 rows and 15 columns. As events are completed, I hide the rows so that I can see only active events. However, I occasionally need to unhide a row in order to see some data. Then I rehide it. When I say "I", I set it up but a receptionist has been using it. I've found lots of mistakes in her entries and she no longer works for me. A few days ago, I tried unhiding all rows, double checking data. I discovered three rows that I cannot unhide - row 776, 790, and 807. I closed the program and a couple of...

Won't Auto download messages even though...
My Outlook Won't Auto download messages even though I have the settings for the POP service to check every 3 minutes. I don't get an error and when I hit Send/Receive the messages then download. Any suggestions? Rick On Wed, 3 Nov 2004 08:56:02 -0800, "Rick" <Rick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >My Outlook Won't Auto download messages even though I have the settings for >the POP service to check every 3 minutes. I don't get an error and when I >hit Send/Receive the messages then download. Any suggestions? > Try increasing your polling t...

Inserting blank rows plus using Sum
I have a list of stocks sorted by date. When the stock symbol changes, I need to insert 2 blank rows and AutoSum columns 2, 6,7, and 8 of the group and display them on the first of the 2 blank rows, leaving a blank row before the next group. Symbol Qty Price Action Name US Trade Date Amount Commission Fees MSFT -210 28.95 Sell 2/13/2008 6079.43 -0.07 -0.07 MSFT -790 28.95 Sell 2/13/2008 22863.24 -7.26 -0.26 -1000 28942.67 -7.33 -0.33 C -700 22.16 Sell 3/4/2008 15511.82 -0.18 -0.18 C -300 22.15 Sell 3/4/2008 6637.92 -7.08 -0.08 -1000 22149.74 -7.26 -0.26 MSFT -500...

Add pecent and value on the same graph
I would like to add the percent and the value and display it within a pie chart. Thanks for your help. You can calculate the percentages on the worksheet, and use a formula to create the labels. For example, with the following data in in A1:B3 -- Jan 25 Feb 25 Mar 50 Enter the following formula in cell C1, and copy down to C3: =B1/SUM($B$1:$B$3) To calculate the text for the pie chart labels, enter the following formula in cell D1, and copy down to D3: =B1 & " " & TEXT(C1,"0%") When you create the pie chart, in step 2 of the Chart Wizard, click ...

showing repeating values in the rows of a pivot table
The default setting in pivot tables results in showing the repeating value of a row header in the first row only. Is it possible to allow the repeating value to populate all the cells to which it applies? Not while it's still a pivottable. I'll usually convert to values (or make a copy of that pivottable and convert that copy to values). Then I'll use techniques like those at Debra Dalgleish's site to fill those empty cells: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataEntry02.html kdschreck wrote: > > The default setting in pivot tables results in showing the repeating valu...

Pivot Tables
When a pivot table has 2 indices, the values of the first index ar left blank on the 2nd and subsequent lines of the 2nd index. Can thes index values be automatically duplicated? Thanks ANdrew Middleto -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Andrew, Send me your email address and I'll PM you a small add-in I put together to do this.. Cheers, Dave >-----Original Message----- >When a pivot table has 2 indices, the values of the first index are >left blank on the 2nd and subsequent lines of the 2nd index. Can these >index values be automatically duplicated?...

Adding argument description to custom functions
Hi does anyone knows how to add description to custom functions' arguments so that a description of each argument can be displayed in the formula palette? thanks ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ VBA functions don't support text descriptions in the Function wizard. You can look at the information Laurent Longre has posted on his site about this: http://longre.free.fr/english/func_cats.htm Newer addin that supports this: http://longre.free.fr...

Application_ItemSend not firing even with low security
The code below does not fire in Outlook 2010 when I send an email even when I set the macro level to no warnings and restart Outlook. I can step through and run other code. Outlook is not set as my default mail program. Private Sub Application_ItemSend(ByVal Item As Object, Cancel As Boolean) MsgBox "Hi" End Sub The problem was that I had installed Outlook 2010 after Outlook 2000, as far as I can tell, so the library referenced was Outlook 9.0 (msoutl9.olb), rather than Outlook 14.0 (msoutl.olb). I renamed C:\Users\%User%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Outlook\V...

Macro to find value in worksheet
I've been asked if I could come up with a macro or vba that I could enter a list of names in the code and run the macro to find any matches of the names in the open worksheet. I'm a newbie at this and I'm lost. Is there anyone who could help me with this code? It seems like such a simple task but I know better. I'd have to enter about 100 names individually and do a find every day to see if certain names were in this sheet. The sheet changes every day, the names don't. I'd rather have the names hard coded in the macro and just run it and have it pop up a message say...