Adding the path and filename to all Excel documents automatically.

The organziation I work for requires that certain information, especially
the path and filename, appear in the footer of all documents.  I have been
able to set this up in Word but I'm stuck as to how to do it in Excel.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
---------------
Tykhung.

0
tykhung (4)
8/26/2004 7:21:40 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Tykhung,
Unless you have excel 2002 or later I think you need a macro, see here
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/pathname.htm#footer
If you have not used macros

The first link also has a link to the 2002 instructions but here it is
anyway
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q287482

Barbara.

Tykhung wrote:
> The organziation I work for requires that certain information,
> especially the path and filename, appear in the footer of all
> documents.  I have been able to set this up in Word but I'm stuck as
> to how to do it in Excel.
>
> Any suggestions would be appreciated.
> ---------------
> Tykhung.

0
not8921 (82)
8/26/2004 7:50:54 AM
Don't think a macro is nessesary.
Click on File, then Page Setup. Go to Header/Footer and click the Custom
Footer... button.
You can either click the file path button (in 2003 it looks like a folder),
or simply type "&[Path]&[File]" (without the quotes) into which ever section
you would like it to appear.

"Tykhung" <tykhung@myrealbox.com> wrote in message
> The organziation I work for requires that certain information, especially
> the path and filename, appear in the footer of all documents.  I have been
> able to set this up in Word but I'm stuck as to how to do it in Excel.
>
> Any suggestions would be appreciated.
> ---------------
> Tykhung.

0
jhart1 (23)
8/26/2004 1:37:02 PM
Hi Jamie
AFAIK this feature was introduced in Excel 2002 (or 2000)

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Jamie wrote:
> Don't think a macro is nessesary.
> Click on File, then Page Setup. Go to Header/Footer and click the
> Custom Footer... button.
> You can either click the file path button (in 2003 it looks like a
> folder), or simply type "&[Path]&[File]" (without the quotes) into
> which ever section you would like it to appear.
>

> "Tykhung" <tykhung@myrealbox.com> wrote in message
>> The organziation I work for requires that certain information,
>> especially the path and filename, appear in the footer of all
>> documents.  I have been able to set this up in Word but I'm stuck as
>> to how to do it in Excel.
>>
>> Any suggestions would be appreciated.
>> ---------------
>> Tykhung.

0
frank.kabel (11126)
8/26/2004 1:41:48 PM
I stand corrected! Thanks.

> Hi Jamie
> AFAIK this feature was introduced in Excel 2002 (or 2000)
>
> --
> Regards
> Frank Kabel
> Frankfurt, Germany
>

> Jamie wrote:
> > Don't think a macro is nessesary.
> > Click on File, then Page Setup. Go to Header/Footer and click the
> > Custom Footer... button.
> > You can either click the file path button (in 2003 it looks like a
> > folder), or simply type "&[Path]&[File]" (without the quotes) into
> > which ever section you would like it to appear.
> >

> > "Tykhung" <tykhung@myrealbox.com> wrote in message
> >> The organziation I work for requires that certain information,
> >> especially the path and filename, appear in the footer of all
> >> documents.  I have been able to set this up in Word but I'm stuck as
> >> to how to do it in Excel.
> >>
> >> Any suggestions would be appreciated.
> >> ---------------
> >> Tykhung.

0
jhart1 (23)

Syntax to reference object in excel
Would anyone happen to know the correct syntax to reference an object that resides in a file outside of excel? Here's what I'm trying to do: I've created a class module named Person. I want to move it out of the spreadsheet it is currently in, and into a file named ncd_ac.xla. I then want to make the Person class module globally available in the spreadsheet, and I want to create an instance of Person. This is basically the same thing as saying #include stdio.h in C. How does one reference code externally in Excel (v. 10)? tia, Robert Robert wrote: > I've created a c...

Excel Formula Bar
I'm running Excel from Office 2004 for the Mac. Fairly frequently, the formula bar gets "scrunched up" so I can't read the bottom line if I have more than one line. I can fix this temporarily by selecting VIEW>FORMULA BAR, to turn it off, then I turn it on again. But the problem returns. I'm not sure if it returns during a session, but it frequently returns when I open Excel again. Any suggestions? Ed Ed - J.E. McGimpsey may have some relevant information at http://www.mcgimpsey.com/macoffice/ If that doesn't help, post a message in the relevant newsgroup mic...

How can I stop my Excel hyperlinks from reassigning their destina.
After closing my spreadsheet and re-opening it, the hyperlinks still point to the initial main folder but have linked to the wrong sub-folder. ...

Charts moving unexpectly when printing in Excel 2003
Sorry if this was already posted, but I am attempting to overlay a chart made in Excel 2003 over a picture that has a chart on it to show the difference in real and simulated tests. I realize I could also make a new chart of the data in the picture. The issue I am having is when I attempt to print a page that I have done this on (or go into print preview,) the chart made in excel moves several pixels to the right and up, and it changes the scale of the graph. A chart made on another computer moved differently, it moved to the left and scaled it down a little. I tried to change t...

Excel VSTO pivot table code revision help needed...
Hello, The first line below works cleanly in my project, but I am having errors/issues with the next two lines. Globals.Sheet16.PivotTables("PivotTable2").PivotCache.Refresh() Globals.Sheet16.PivotTables("PivotTable2").PivotFields("fy").Item(1).Visibl= =AD e =3D True Globals.Sheet16.PivotTables("PivotTable2").PivotFields("fy").Item(2).Visibl= =AD e =3D False Please advise as to what is needed to revise the code to get it to work as expected. Thanks, Kevin ..PivotFields(1).PivotItems(2).Visibl=ADe =3D False Herbe...

VBS Script To Get PC's Information And Send To Excel
Hello all, I found this script and it works great for one PC but I need it to pull from a list of PC's in a text file. Can anyone help me with this? strComputer = InputBox (\"Enter Machine Name\") Set objExcel = CreateObject(\"Excel.Application\") objExcel.Visible = True objExcel.Workbooks.Add objExcel.Cells(1, 1).Value = \"Name\" objExcel.Cells(2, 1).Value = \"Caption\" objExcel.Cells(3, 1).Value = \"Version\" objExcel.Cells(4, 1).Value = \"Registered User\" objExcel.Cells(5, 1).Value ...

how do I stop re-calculated fields in excel from going "black"
When I change any cells in my excel spreadsheet and the sheet re-calculates any affected cells go black i.e. I can't see the new calculated figures in these cells? If I hit "F2 and then enter" the cell goes back to normal i.e I can see things normally? Hi there Pat, I assume you are using office 2003, You might want to set your calculations to manual. Tools>Options>Calculations : Then set to manual Hope this works for you Regards Garreth -- Thank you and Regards Garreth Lombard "Pat" wrote: > When I change any cells in...

Problem
My inbox is an IMAP connection, if that's of any concern. I am running 2002 XP Outlook. When I click on my mail, usually it would just highlight it and bring up the message in a preview pane. However, now it automatically opens my mail (as if I had double clicked). I figure I tripped some switch or something I overlooked. Help me out a bit here, thanks. ...

db move; specified path not valid
Hi, We have Exch 2003 SP1. I'd like to move a database from its current location (connected drive on Exch server) to another machine in the network. The other machine is located through 'My Network Places' and has a share accessible by all. The error states ' This path is not valid'. I've tried mapping the drive but that didn't work either. Any ideas? Also during a database move will Exch stop any services? The db is unmounted. Thanks Staro30 On Tue, 23 Jan 2007 01:30:05 -0800, Staro30 <Staro30@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, > >...

Automatically execute a CTRL-ALT-F9 when I open a workbook
I created a function that reads data from other files and returns the result in a cell. So, I would like to automatically force recalculation every time my WB is openned. How can it be done? Tks. You could use an auto_open sub: Option explicit sub auto_open() application.calculatefull end sub If .calculatefull isn't available to you (added in xl2k????). You could use: Application.SendKeys "%^{F9}" Antonio Duarte wrote: > > I created a function that reads data from other files and returns the result > in a cell. So, I would like to automatically force recalcu...

Compiler for Excel
I would like to be able to produce an *.exe file starting with an Excel workbook. I understand there is a compiler to do so. Can anybody give me a hint? I kwnow there is Visual Baler, however it has several limitations and cannot create applications as powerful as Excel. I cannot solve my problem by using Excel templates, due to my need to protect my application with a hardware lock, which works only with exectuable files. Thansa in advance for your asistance! Hi AFAIK there's no such compiler (Visual Baler is the only thing which comes close). So you can't protect your Excel ...

excel won't open file
I have a customer who has office 2000 and has done all the updates. when he clicks on a file .xls excel opens but the file does not. no blank document just excel but empty. any help???? Please??? From a previous post: === my first question is: Are you sure the workbook is open? Try window|Arrange|tiled If it shows up, resize by hand and save the workbook. If it didn't show up, Try window|unhide if it appears then, save the workbook. If it really wasn't open, but you can open it via File|Open, Close Excel and Windows Start Button|Run excel /unregserver then Windows Star...

Functions not re calculating automatically
i've lost all my automatic re-calculation ability in ALL of my spreadsheets if i change a number it will not re calculate automatically - i have to go to the function line, put my cursor at the end of the formula and hit enter for it to re-calculate. What have I done? I'm using Excel 2002. Thank you cjv, tools. options, calculation, check automatic -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "cjv" <cjv@discu...

using outlook contact information in excel
I've published a form and am using it for my sales contacts and I'd like to automatically link/convert/use/send some of the info collected to use in excel..but i'm not sure how I have Office 2k pro installed....... Thanks for any help ...

VS 2005 IDE getting closed Automatically
Hi, I'm facing a very peculiar problem. When i open VS 2005 IDE, immediately within 1 min, entire IDE is getting closed automatically. This is happening when i'm connected to internet. This is not happening if i disconnect from internet. Does anyone, know the exact cause for this problem and also the solution ?? regards, mahesh This newsgroup is for questions about forms in Access, the database product that's part of Office Professional. I'd suggest reposting your question to a newsgroup related to Visual Studio. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSte...

Excel 12: Data Entry Form?
Help! I'm here at work and I've just upgraded from Microsoft Office 2003 to Microsoft Office 12 pre-release edition. For the life of me, I can't figure out how to open a data entry form in Excel 12! In previous versions of Excel it was easy --- just click on Tools->Form. But in the Tools grouping in the new Excel there doesn't seem to be any comparable thing. Can anyone help me? Maybe it's the dementia kicking in, but I need to enter a whole lot of data today into my spreadsheet and my boss is going to have my head, etc... Thanks! Tim I have it at home so I...

Sorting in Excel..
Sorting a long list of numbers, the list goes so far, then starts over from the lowest number to complete all the numbers in it. How can I get the list to sort completely from 111111 to 511111 without going up that high with part of the numbers and then starting over at, say, 111223 and sorting to 500088? Hi not really sure what you're trying to do. Could you give an example -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "maxmouse" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:409001c4a0e1$f946f7c0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Sorting a long list of numbe...

More Excel Options
Thanks for the help on the previous post. Let me take my question one step further. I want to create a bar graph that displays the fractional value taken from a table. The caveat is that the denominator of my data set varies from one data point to the next, which prevents the use of format/cells/number/custom ?/(common denominator). For example, my data may look like this: 10/6; 2/1; 8/9; 1/1; 0/0; 0/0; etc. I want to retain the integrity of the data, and display it atop the bars on the graph. How can I do this? ...

Password automatically on
Hi, I'm using MS Outlook 2007 fully patched. One of my Inboxes is on an Exchange server and it asks for the password every time I log in Outlook, I've set it that way when putting that e-mail account on this machine, but now I'm bored with reentering the password every time. I can't find the place to change that option, what can I do so I don't have to reenter password every time I start Outlook. Thank you in advance I still haven't found the solution for this one, please help "small caps" <none@hotmeil.com> wrote in message news:h22plj$haa...

Send email from Excel
In Excel when I use File-Send To-Mail Recipient (as attachment) my Outlook signature does not get inserted into the email. Why? Maybe you should post that question in an Outlook NGs instead? -- For everyone's benefit keep the discussion in the newsgroup. Regards, Peo Sjoblom "mikemo" <mike@sysstat.com> wrote in message news:eR4PXKpQEHA.624@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > In Excel when I use File-Send To-Mail Recipient (as attachment) my Outlook > signature does not get inserted into the email. Why? > > Does that mean you don't have an answer? "...

excel could not start the e-mail program
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_002A_01C3F220.24861C70 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Whats happening is exactly whats in this knowledge base article: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=3Dkb;en-us;828509 Except, that it's happening on a system with Office 2003 (Outlook and = Excel 2003). Any ideas? Thanks! --=20 Scott McDonald ------=_NextPart_000_002A_01C3F220.24861C70 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable...

Moving Files in Excel
Until recently I was able to drag and drop files into folders while I was in the "Open" or "Save As" menus. Now I must cut and paste. This is a real pain because I move so many files each week. Is there a way to allow me to move files without cutting and pasting? "D Huber" wrote: > Until recently I was able to drag and drop files into folders while I was in > the "Open" or "Save As" menus. Now I must cut and paste. This is a real pain > because I move so many files each week. Is there a way to allow me to move > files withou...

More Excel Tutorials/Tips Required
Good afternoon/morning/evening. Many thanks to all of you who have requested and suggested tutorials to be posted on my blog http://teachr.blogspot.com over the past couple of days. I'm currently working on more new content for the blog and really appreciate your input. If you have any more ideas please please keep them coming, as I want as many tutorials, tips and hints for excel as I can get to keep my blog interesting an useful to those who visit. Once again, if you have any requests, ideas or tutorials of your own for the site, please email me at mattyboy150279@gmail.com and let me...

how do i flip a column round in excel?
I've a long column of numbers in excel which i need to flip round or invert but dont know how. I cant use the sort function as it only sorts it in ascending or descending order but i want to reverse the order of the numbers so that bottom becomes top and top becomes bottom for example. Thanks One way is to use a helper column next to your data and enter 1 at the top and fill down holding the CTRL key down until you reach the bottom of your data. Then sort both columns using the 1 thru N column as the sort column. HTH Regards, Howard "shockwave_dave" <shockwave_dave@di...

Importing Excel Spreadsheet with hyperlinks
Is there an easy way to import Hyperlinks that are created in Excel into Access? I am creating an Access database instead of using Excel - there are several hundred hyperlinks in the excel spreadsheet. When I import the spreadsheets, the link does not import properly. I have to edit every single hyperlink. Please tell me there is an easier way to do this! Thank you ...