Adding/Subtracting Hours and Minutes

I would like to total lists of Hours and Minutes, adding or subtracting,
but not related to a calendar 12 or 24 hour system. The totals need to
be in hours and minutes without losing or gaining the odd minute.

For example

23479:32 plus 10010:59 minus 241:45

The result should be 33248:46

Any help would be appreciated:confused:

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

A custom format of
  [h]:mm
will let you work with times up to (but not including) 10,000 hours.

Since two of the times in your example exceed that limit, your only
option is to enter your times as text and write custom functions for
addition and subtraction.

Jerry

mexico wrote:

> I would like to total lists of Hours and Minutes, adding or subtracting,
> but not related to a calendar 12 or 24 hour system. The totals need to
> be in hours and minutes without losing or gaining the odd minute.
>
> For example
>

> 23479:32 plus 10010:59 minus 241:45
>
> The result should be 33248:46
>
> Any help would be appreciated:confused:

post_a_reply (1395)
11/19/2003 12:48:18 PM
=23479/24+"0:30"

=10010/24+"0:59"

241:45

then use

=B1+B2-B3

or in one formula

=23479/24+"0:30"+10010/24+"0:59"-"241:45"

returns 33248:44

--

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"Jerry W. Lewis" <post_a_reply@no_e-mail.com> wrote in message
> A custom format of
>   [h]:mm
> will let you work with times up to (but not including) 10,000 hours.
>
> Since two of the times in your example exceed that limit, your only
> option is to enter your times as text and write custom functions for
> addition and subtraction.
>
> Jerry
>
> mexico wrote:
>
> > I would like to total lists of Hours and Minutes, adding or subtracting,
> > but not related to a calendar 12 or 24 hour system. The totals need to
> > be in hours and minutes without losing or gaining the odd minute.
> >
> > For example
> >

> > 23479:32 plus 10010:59 minus 241:45
> >
> > The result should be 33248:46
> >
> > Any help would be appreciated:confused:

> > ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/
> > ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/

0
terre081 (3244)

Work Orders
I want to add a serial number on a serialized item that has been saved as a work order (the serial number was not entered at the time it was entered). How can I go back into the work order and modify the item to add the serial number? I tried deleting and then adding the item again, but it does not prompt for the serial number. I thought it would prompt when I went into tender and "pick up saved work order", but it went right to the cash tender screen. -- Thanks, joel ...

Money 2003 Deluxe: Why does the Split Transactions sometimes NOT subtract?
One thing I DO NOT UNDERSTAND about MS Money is why, for reasons which are not apparent to me, when working with the Split Transactions dialog box, that it decides, all by itself, that it should not even attempt to make totals subtract from the whole transaction? Why does it sometimes just start at $0.00 and add up, instead of subtracting from the total of the check? Rod When you set the check total, Money thinks that you are saying that the splits should add up to that amount. If you want the total caculated as the sum of the splits, it is better to leave the total blank, then enter th...

how do i subtract one date from another and get an age in years
i am trying to subtract a date of birth from today's date and get an age in years. Can anyone help me? http://www.cpearson.com/excel/datedif.htm -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "ucastores" <ucastores@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FE331F27-C314-42D4-A390-9DA97E0E493D@microsoft.com... >i am trying to subtract a date of birth from today's date and get an age in > years. Can anyone help me? > Hi see: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/datedif.htm#Age -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "ucastores" &l...

AD <-> SQL Hirearchies \ Nodes
Hello All... As part of our migration to Active Directory Win 2003, we are considering ‘interfacing’ our Active directory user \ group schema with our business intelligence (SQL) location hierarchy. The UK location hierarchy is has +- 3000 leaf level nodes and is 6 levels deep. There are many other international location hierarchies. When a user logs into any of our reporting web applications, the web session will be able to obtain real time information only on the locations that he\she has rights to see. Other considerations, • On the lowest level, we w...

Spreadsheet for yearly income for serives offered an hour?
I am lookin to open an bussiness and i wold like to figure out my monthly income and my yearly income on a spreadsheet and the formulas to use? I would start with one of the many financial templates that Microsoft offers for free download: http://office.microsoft.com/en- us/templates/CT011356681033.aspx HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >I am lookin to open an bussiness and i wold like to figure out my monthly >income and my yearly income on a spreadsheet and the formulas to use? >. > ...

Hour stated in Daily max query
Hi I need to show the "time" when data was taken max daily, as an example below; tblmaxdata "Field A" "date" "hour" "Maxdata(from tblhourly)" Z 1.11.2007 19:00 1000 B 31.10.2007 18:00 2000 can someone guide me, what function to use, please, thank you -mohsin -- Cheers Mohsin Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-queries/200710/1 ...

Adding a totally blank page for artwork
Word 2007: This is a real head scratcher, but the moral of the story I guess if that luckily page numbers are counted regardless of being "linked" to the previous section. The link is purely for formatting, as I understand, and this saved me. But here's the thing that needs to be much easier to do. I need to add a blank page I can control before the first page of a chapter to put some artwork in. The layout is artwork on the left (insert auto blank page if necessary), and the text of the first chapter is on the right. I can't use "first page dif...

additional spaces are added when using apostrophe's in Word
I am trying to type an essay, but when I use any types of punctuation such as an apostrophe or even quotation marks, one or two extra spaces are added following these type of punctuations. How do I fix this formatting problem? This is usually an indication of a Windows regional setting error relating to the keyboard language. Ensure that your input language settings match what you are actually using. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayo...

Can I set a meeting for 15 or 45 minutes?
Can I set a meeting for 15 or 45 minutes? Yes, type in the appropriate start and stop time. cdonoho wrote: > Can I set a meeting for 15 or 45 minutes? Sure. If you use the 15 min scale, click on the time period you want or drag over 3 periods for 45 min. If you use a different scale, type in the time - 945 (no need for the colon) or 45m if the hour won't change from the start time hour (ie, start at 9, end at 9:45) Occasionally you'll need to use a or p to correctly enter the time (unless you use 24 hr format), but in most cases, outlook will use the time within...

Automatically send 15 eMails every 10 minutes, 12 hours
Hello, i work in a company and i have to send 1n eMail to all our customers because of a holiday. I already have created a mailing list on Excel. But now i have to send to all adresses this eMail. But i can send max. 15 mails per 10minutes, so my eMail won't be marked as Spam. Can i somehow make this automatically, so that Windows Mail does the work? No. Harry Moon wrote: > Hello, > > i work in a company and i have to send 1n eMail to all our customers > because > of a holiday. > > I already have created a mailing list on Excel. > Bu...

Adding Contacts
Recently I tried to add a new contact and to my amazement and dismay the last name and first name have gotten switched. When I enter a first name it ends up in the lastname slot and when i enter a last name it ends up in ther first name slot. I am not sure how this happened or what to do about. Any suggestions would be appreciated. -- Johntwo Suggest you look at what setting you specified for the name field in question. We can't help without knowing to what field you are referring and what Outlook version you are using. Outlook is simply doing what you've told it to....

adding cells in a colomn
iam a new user to excel and i want to add up all the cells in a single row so from A1 through to A200. does anyone know a formula i can use to add these 200 cells up? thanks anyone. Dawn One way Place in say, B1: =SUM(A1:A200) -- Max Singapore http://savefile.com/projects/236895 xdemechanik --- "mjd23" wrote: > iam a new user to excel and i want to add up all the cells in a single row so > from A1 through to A200. does anyone know a formula i can use to add these > 200 cells up? thanks anyone. > Dawn A1:A200 is a range of cells in Column A, not a single row. Rows ...

Adding a Custom POS button to select a Category
How do I program a Custom POS key to select items from a specific category? I know that I can use the Touchscreen keyboard but the client requires greater flexability. -- Thank you for the help!! Richard There is a file in the store operations/html file called drilldown that you can use for this purpose. I used it for a little while until I started using the touch screen feature. I prefer the touchscreen feature as there are more options when you use it instead of drilldown. Using touchscreen keyboard you can still select categorie or department, but you can also customise it to disp...

Adding VB Code in MSGP
Hi, I'm new in MSGP, need help from expert here. I noticed that when we do reveiving, we actually can receive more that what we order. I need to restrict user to receive more than what they order. i'm not sure hot to control on this. My colleague give me a suggestion, write a vb code to check the quantity before they save. if quantity order - qty cancel < qty received before + qty received - qty rejected, then cannot save and prompt error message, else just proceed to save. i know all the table field, but i'm not sure how to write the coding, and is there any other way ...

Logging in as administrator from another AD login
Sometimes I need to login as admin from my workstation, but since logins are based on AD and I'm not logged in as the admin, I can't get to admin from my Windows session. I've tried http://admin@mscrm but that does not work. I also cannot find any way to do a "run-as" on an IE shortcut. I know that I could add admin to my user account, but that seems like an inelegant solution and is not really in line with best security practices. Any ideas out there? Thanks - Daniel change you IE security settings to prompt you for user and password. Then, when you hit ...

Hourly Averages
I am new to Access and I am currently using the 2003 version. I have imported a database from Excel. It consists of the record of every vehicle passing a survey location for a week (~60000 vehicles). Each record contains the date and time (in seperate fields) and it's speed. I would like to work out the hourly average speed. I have tired using the simple query wizard but I am battling. My biggest problem is that I can't group the data hourly. Any ideas? Format([DateField], "hh") "~~NRH~~" wrote: > I am new to Access and I am currently...

formulae for adding a forward slash automatically into a cell
Hi every1, I'm sort new to excel and im looking for a formulae to automaticall add a forward slash after every 3rd number and before the 4th number. If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated Thank -- angelgran ----------------------------------------------------------------------- angelgrant's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3562 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=55398 =LEFT(A1,3)&"\"&MID(A1,4,99) Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "angelgrant" wrote: > > Hi every...

Push out Office via AD/Group policy
Ok, I have gone through the process to install Office 2007 through AD/Group Policy Management Console on machines in our domain. With other applications we push out, if the application isn't installed, it installs it. If it is installed, it doesn't do anything else. It appears though that with the Office Enterprise 2007 that if it IS installed, that it re installs Office 2007... Is there a way to configure AD/GPMC to only install Office if it ISN'T installed already????? Thanks Steve Phone Support for Office Enterprise is free. See the below Here you wi...

How do I increase the size of my ad in Publisher?
I'm new to Publisher, and I've created an ad, but when I send it or print it, it's far too small. How do I e-mail it so my recipient will see a readable ad? Or print it in a larger view? I've saved it as a PDF file but when I print it, the ad is only 2 incehs square and unreadable. Same thing if I send it in an e-mail. Help, please. Thanks. How about using a larger font. -- Don Vancouver, USA "pubscout" <pubscout@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5E75AC44-DDC3-4D1D-9043-777A265A279D@microsoft.com... > I'm new to Publisher, and I...

Count total minutes between 2 times
Cell 1: Feb 23 2010 4:11PM Cell 2: Mar 1 2010 4:03PM How do I count the total minutes between 2 cells without manually calculating? Thanks If cell 1 is A1, and cell 2 is A2, use: =(a2-a1)*24*60 Format as a number Regards, Fred "cpliu" <spamfreeliu@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:14417a5e-5f46-4f40-a885-2b0fdc2ba7bf@q16g2000yqq.googlegroups.com... > Cell 1: Feb 23 2010 4:11PM > Cell 2: Mar 1 2010 4:03PM > > How do I count the total minutes between 2 cells without manually > calculating? > > Thanks Hi =Cell2-Cell1 ...

Mailbox not created in AD or Exchange 2003
I have a Windows 2000 AD site, Exchange 2003 running on Win2k. Has been working perfectly in Native mode for several months. Last night I created a new user and no maibox was created for the user. I get an NDR when I send to the users mailbox, cannot log in to their Outlook, and user not seen in the GAL. I can delete the mailbox and create it again using "exchange tasks" but the mailbox is not created. Although it says it has been created successfully. I have created 2 test accounts to test and those also do not create maiboxes associated with them either. Hello: Usuall...

Evts 8197 every 25 min and 9175 every minute
After installing Exch2003 (used ADC to connect to 5.5) I get 8197 every 25 min and 9175 every minute. Move Mailbox fails too with 9175, 9167 and 1008 errors. After a reboot, I get 1005 Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeSA Event Category: Monitoring Event ID: 1005 Date: 6/26/2006 Time: 4:22:33 PM User: N/A Computer: MAIL1 Description: Unexpected error <<0xc1050000 - The attempt to log on to the Microsoft Exchange Server computer has failed. The MAPI provider failed. Microsoft Exchange Server Information Store ID no: 8004011d-0512-00000000>> occurred. And Then Ev...

adding sound to an email
Tried to follow the directions in the knowledge base to add a sound to an email - - but got an error msg that said: Object was created in HMTLInLineSoundCtl. This application is not available to open this object." Any idea where I go from here???? s/Rick ...

Exchange 2003 and new AD site
Here is what I got. Last year we migrated from exchange 5.5 to 2003. We moved all of the mailboxes to a temp server, reloaded the old 5.5 server with win2k3 and exchange 2003, then moved everything back to the reloaded server. We currently only have one site which is the default site in AD. I need to create a new site for a domain controller that I will be installing at a different location. I created the AD site and added the subnet in advance, but have not ran dcpromo on the DC at that location yet. I restarted the Exchange server a few days later and the Information store, imapi ser...

Adding to Great Plains menus
Hello, I have some forms I've developed and I need to include it in menu extras (form Command_System, command CL_Extras). Does somebody know how to achieve it? Thanks you in advance. A.L. Please see the sample applications provided with Dexterity as they have a menu example. Also look at part 5: Navigation of the Integration Guide pdf manual (IG.PDF) which is installed with Dexterity. A hint is to use Runtime_GetCurrentProductID() whenever you refer to command forms or commands in your dictionary and DYNAMICS when referring to original command forms and commands. Runtime_GetCurren...