Adding on excel

Excel 2000

Hiya,  I have a question for all you brainboxes out there!
Im VERY new to excel so please explain clearly or I'll be completley lost!!

In the cell A3 I would like to have a "Grand Total".
In the cell A2, I would like to enter a number, eg. 400 (this would then
appear in A3 as 400), THEN I would like to enter another number,  eg. 307 in
cell A2. (this wouuld then appear in A3 as 707).

I hope that explains it, I find it a bit confusing.
Thanks for any help you can offer :)
--
@---}--
Laura.....  :)

0
busyday (23)
1/3/2006 9:45:05 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

you would need for example

A1    307
A2    400
A3 total 707

If you put the total in say A10 then every `number` from A1 to A9 would be
in the total

"Laura ( '_' )" <busyday@the.office> wrote in message

> Excel 2000
>
> Hiya,  I have a question for all you brainboxes out there!
> Im VERY new to excel so please explain clearly or I'll be completley
lost!!

> In the cell A3 I would like to have a "Grand Total".
> In the cell A2, I would like to enter a number, eg. 400 (this would then
> appear in A3 as 400), THEN I would like to enter another number,  eg. 307
in
> cell A2. (this wouuld then appear in A3 as 707).
>
> I hope that explains it, I find it a bit confusing.
> Thanks for any help you can offer :)
> --
> @---}--
> Laura.....  :)
> Liverpool, England

0
me6808 (48)
1/3/2006 10:19:24 AM
Perhaps better to simply use an adjacent top cell
to total up successive inputs down col A ?

Put in say, B1:  =SUM(A:A)
B1 will return the total of the numbers entered down col A

If you really want to accumulate by inputting repeatedly into A2,
try JE McGimpsey's page at:
http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/accumulator.html

Look for:
- Single cell accumulator
- Worksheet Function Accumulator (using Circular References)
--
Rgds
Max
"Laura ( '_' )" <busyday@the.office> wrote in message

> Excel 2000
>
> Hiya,  I have a question for all you brainboxes out there!
> Im VERY new to excel so please explain clearly or I'll be completley
lost!!

> In the cell A3 I would like to have a "Grand Total".
> In the cell A2, I would like to enter a number, eg. 400 (this would then
> appear in A3 as 400), THEN I would like to enter another number,  eg. 307
in
> cell A2. (this wouuld then appear in A3 as 707).
>
> I hope that explains it, I find it a bit confusing.
> Thanks for any help you can offer :)
> --
> @---}--
> Laura.....  :)
> Liverpool, England

0
demechanik (4694)
1/3/2006 10:20:21 AM
Hi Laura,

It can be done but only with a Change event macro! Do you really want this
instead of a simpler method: entering your numbers in A2, A3, etc. and click
on Autosum in the next cell when you finished?

Regards,
Stefi

„Laura ( '_' )” ezt írta:

> Excel 2000
>
> Hiya,  I have a question for all you brainboxes out there!
> Im VERY new to excel so please explain clearly or I'll be completley lost!!
>
> In the cell A3 I would like to have a "Grand Total".
> In the cell A2, I would like to enter a number, eg. 400 (this would then
> appear in A3 as 400), THEN I would like to enter another number,  eg. 307 in
> cell A2. (this wouuld then appear in A3 as 707).
>
> I hope that explains it, I find it a bit confusing.
> Thanks for any help you can offer :)
> --
> @---}--
> Laura.....  :)
> Liverpool, England

0
Stefi (275)
1/3/2006 10:25:02 AM
A code solution

Const WS_RANGE As String = "$A$2"

    On Error GoTo ws_exit:
    Application.EnableEvents = False
    If Target.Address = WS_RANGE Then
        With Target
            .Offset(1, 0).Value = .Value + .Offset(1, 0).Value
        End With
    End If

ws_exit:
    Application.EnableEvents = True
End Sub

 HTH

Bob Phillips

"Laura ( '_' )" <busyday@the.office> wrote in message

> Excel 2000
>
> Hiya,  I have a question for all you brainboxes out there!
> Im VERY new to excel so please explain clearly or I'll be completley
lost!!

> In the cell A3 I would like to have a "Grand Total".
> In the cell A2, I would like to enter a number, eg. 400 (this would then
> appear in A3 as 400), THEN I would like to enter another number,  eg. 307
in
> cell A2. (this wouuld then appear in A3 as 707).
>
> I hope that explains it, I find it a bit confusing.
> Thanks for any help you can offer :)
> --
> @---}--
> Laura.....  :)
> Liverpool, England

0
bob.phillips1 (6510)
1/3/2006 10:48:25 AM
I would prefer it the easier way, but my office boss has asked me to find a
way to do it by inputting the data in just one cell, so i have to find out
how to do it.

And to make it even WORSE, i have sum sort of bug on my computer which wont
let me go on the internet or access links (im getting that sorted in another
newsgroup at the mo!)

So, if you could explain it to me, i would be *SO* grateful!
Thanks

--
@---}--
Laura.....  :)

"Stefi" <Stefi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi Laura,
>
> It can be done but only with a Change event macro! Do you really want this
> instead of a simpler method: entering your numbers in A2, A3, etc. and
click
> on Autosum in the next cell when you finished?
>
> Regards,
> Stefi
>
> "Laura ( '_' )" ezt �rta:
>

> > Excel 2000
> >
> > Hiya,  I have a question for all you brainboxes out there!
> > Im VERY new to excel so please explain clearly or I'll be completley
lost!!

> > In the cell A3 I would like to have a "Grand Total".
> > In the cell A2, I would like to enter a number, eg. 400 (this would then
> > appear in A3 as 400), THEN I would like to enter another number,  eg.
307 in
> > cell A2. (this wouuld then appear in A3 as 707).
> >
> > I hope that explains it, I find it a bit confusing.
> > Thanks for any help you can offer :)
> > --
> > @---}--
> > Laura.....  :)
> > Liverpool, England

0
busyday (23)
1/3/2006 11:07:58 AM
Hiya, Im sorry but i really dont have a clue what that is or what to do with
it.
Im sorry but im very very new :-S

--
@---}--
Laura.....  :)

"Bob Phillips" <bob.phillips@notheretiscali.co.uk> wrote in message
> A code solution

> Const WS_RANGE As String = "$A$2"
>
>     On Error GoTo ws_exit:
>     Application.EnableEvents = False
>     If Target.Address = WS_RANGE Then
>         With Target
>             .Offset(1, 0).Value = .Value + .Offset(1, 0).Value
>         End With
>     End If
>
> ws_exit:
>     Application.EnableEvents = True
> End Sub
>
> 'This is worksheet event code, which means that it needs to be
> 'placed in the appropriate worksheet code module, not a standard
> 'code module. To do this, right-click on the sheet tab, select
> 'the View Code option from the menu, and paste the code in.
>

> --
>  HTH
>
> Bob Phillips

> "Laura ( '_' )" <busyday@the.office> wrote in message
> >
> > Excel 2000
> >
> > Hiya,  I have a question for all you brainboxes out there!
> > Im VERY new to excel so please explain clearly or I'll be completley
> lost!!
> >
> > In the cell A3 I would like to have a "Grand Total".
> > In the cell A2, I would like to enter a number, eg. 400 (this would then
> > appear in A3 as 400), THEN I would like to enter another number,  eg.
307
> in
> > cell A2. (this wouuld then appear in A3 as 707).
> >
> > I hope that explains it, I find it a bit confusing.
> > Thanks for any help you can offer :)
> > --
> > @---}--
> > Laura.....  :)
> > Liverpool, England

0
busyday (23)
1/3/2006 11:08:54 AM
Open the worksheet it is to apply to, follow the instructions at the end of
the code, go back to the worksheet and put some numbers in A2.

--
 HTH

Bob Phillips

> Hiya, Im sorry but i really dont have a clue what that is or what to do
with
> it.
> Im sorry but im very very new :-S
>
> --
> @---}--
> Laura.....  :)
> Liverpool, England
>
> "Bob Phillips" <bob.phillips@notheretiscali.co.uk> wrote in message
> > A code solution

> > Const WS_RANGE As String = "$A$2"
> >
> >     On Error GoTo ws_exit:
> >     Application.EnableEvents = False
> >     If Target.Address = WS_RANGE Then
> >         With Target
> >             .Offset(1, 0).Value = .Value + .Offset(1, 0).Value
> >         End With
> >     End If
> >
> > ws_exit:
> >     Application.EnableEvents = True
> > End Sub
> >
> > 'This is worksheet event code, which means that it needs to be
> > 'placed in the appropriate worksheet code module, not a standard
> > 'code module. To do this, right-click on the sheet tab, select
> > 'the View Code option from the menu, and paste the code in.
> >

> > --
> >  HTH
> >
> > Bob Phillips
> >
> > (remove nothere from email address if mailing direct)
> >
> > "Laura ( '_' )" <busyday@the.office> wrote in message
> > >
> > > Excel 2000
> > >
> > > Hiya,  I have a question for all you brainboxes out there!
> > > Im VERY new to excel so please explain clearly or I'll be completley
> > lost!!
> > >
> > > In the cell A3 I would like to have a "Grand Total".
> > > In the cell A2, I would like to enter a number, eg. 400 (this would
then
> > > appear in A3 as 400), THEN I would like to enter another number,  eg.
> 307
> > in
> > > cell A2. (this wouuld then appear in A3 as 707).
> > >
> > > I hope that explains it, I find it a bit confusing.
> > > Thanks for any help you can offer :)
> > > --
> > > @---}--
> > > Laura.....  :)
> > > Liverpool, England

0
bob.phillips1 (6510)
1/3/2006 11:37:12 AM
Okay thanks Bob. I did what you asked, but when I type in A2, I get an error
message "Syntax error". Then the top line of the code you gave me highlights
yellow.
This is how i have it in my spreadsheet:

Const WS_RANGE As String = "$A$2"

On Error GoTo ws_exit:
Application.EnableEvents = False
If Target.Address = WS_RANGE Then
With Target.
Offset(1, 0).Value = .Value + .Offset(1, 0).Value
End With
End If

ws_exit:
Application.EnableEvents = True
End Sub

Thanks,you've been very helpful so far :)

--
@---}--

> Open the worksheet it is to apply to, follow the instructions at the end
of
> the code, go back to the worksheet and put some numbers in A2.
>
> --
>  HTH
>
> Bob Phillips

> "Laura ( '_' )" <busyday@the.office> wrote in message
> > Hiya, Im sorry but i really dont have a clue what that is or what to do
> with
> > it.
> > Im sorry but im very very new :-S
> >
> > --
> > @---}--
> > Laura.....  :)
> > Liverpool, England
> >
> > "Bob Phillips" <bob.phillips@notheretiscali.co.uk> wrote in message
> > > A code solution
> > >
> > > Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)
> > > Const WS_RANGE As String = "$A$2"
> > >
> > >     On Error GoTo ws_exit:
> > >     Application.EnableEvents = False
> > >     If Target.Address = WS_RANGE Then
> > >         With Target
> > >             .Offset(1, 0).Value = .Value + .Offset(1, 0).Value
> > >         End With
> > >     End If
> > >
> > > ws_exit:
> > >     Application.EnableEvents = True
> > > End Sub
> > >
> > > 'This is worksheet event code, which means that it needs to be
> > > 'placed in the appropriate worksheet code module, not a standard
> > > 'code module. To do this, right-click on the sheet tab, select
> > > 'the View Code option from the menu, and paste the code in.
> > >

> > > --
> > >  HTH
> > >
> > > Bob Phillips
> > >
> > > (remove nothere from email address if mailing direct)
> > >
> > > "Laura ( '_' )" <busyday@the.office> wrote in message

> > > lost!!

> then
> > 307
> > > in

0
busyday (23)
1/3/2006 12:52:33 PM
A cell formula does not have memory (of previous values in a cell).  The
only way to build in memory is with VBA (You chould have a worksheet
change event that updates the cell when there is a change in the cell)
    http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel /accumulator.html
which will be a stretch given your lack of experience in Excel.

As a practical matter, memory in a calculation is almost always a bad
idea.  How would you deal with data entry errors in the cell?  If the
running total somehow gets out of sync, how would you correct, or even
detect it?

Scudo's suggestion is a far more robust approach.

Sorry about the multi-post reply -- Comcast has apparently instituted a
new policy that does not permit a simultaneous reply to all of the
original groups.

Jerry

Laura ( '_' ) wrote:

> I would prefer it the easier way, but my office boss has asked me to find a
> way to do it by inputting the data in just one cell, so i have to find out
> how to do it.
>
> And to make it even WORSE, i have sum sort of bug on my computer which wont
> let me go on the internet or access links (im getting that sorted in another
> newsgroup at the mo!)
>
> So, if you could explain it to me, i would be *SO* grateful!
> Thanks

0
post_a_reply (1395)
1/3/2006 12:59:47 PM

Laura ( '_' ) wrote:

> I would prefer it the easier way, but my office boss has asked me to find a
> way to do it by inputting the data in just one cell, so i have to find out
> how to do it.
>
> And to make it even WORSE, i have sum sort of bug on my computer which wont
> let me go on the internet or access links (im getting that sorted in another
> newsgroup at the mo!)
>
> So, if you could explain it to me, i would be *SO* grateful!
> Thanks

0
post_a_reply (1395)
1/3/2006 1:01:56 PM
Well I am  confused as it works fine here, and there doesn't seem to be any
syntax mistakes in what you show.

Syntax errors usually show when you enter the code, not when you run it.

--
 HTH

Bob Phillips

> Okay thanks Bob. I did what you asked, but when I type in A2, I get an
error
> message "Syntax error". Then the top line of the code you gave me
highlights
> yellow.
> This is how i have it in my spreadsheet:

> Const WS_RANGE As String = "$A$2"
>
> On Error GoTo ws_exit:
> Application.EnableEvents = False
> If Target.Address = WS_RANGE Then
> With Target.
> Offset(1, 0).Value = .Value + .Offset(1, 0).Value
> End With
> End If
>
> ws_exit:
> Application.EnableEvents = True
> End Sub
>

> Thanks,you've been very helpful so far :)
>
> --
> @---}--
> Laura.....  :)
> Liverpool, England
>
> "Bob Phillips" <bob.phillips@notheretiscali.co.uk> wrote in message
> > Open the worksheet it is to apply to, follow the instructions at the end
> of
> > the code, go back to the worksheet and put some numbers in A2.
> >
> > --
> >  HTH
> >
> > Bob Phillips
> >
> > (remove nothere from email address if mailing direct)
> >
> > "Laura ( '_' )" <busyday@the.office> wrote in message
> > > Hiya, Im sorry but i really dont have a clue what that is or what to
do
> > with
> > > it.
> > > Im sorry but im very very new :-S
> > >
> > > --
> > > @---}--
> > > Laura.....  :)
> > > Liverpool, England
> > >
> > > "Bob Phillips" <bob.phillips@notheretiscali.co.uk> wrote in message

> > then
> eg.
> > > 307

0
bob.phillips1 (6510)
1/3/2006 1:04:23 PM
Laura ( '_' ) wrote...
>Okay thanks Bob. I did what you asked, but when I type in A2, I get an error
>message "Syntax error". Then the top line of the code you gave me highlights
>yellow.
>This is how i have it in my spreadsheet:
>
>Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)
>With Target.

The problem is the period following Target in the line above. Remove
the period.

0
hrlngrv (1990)
1/3/2006 6:53:31 PM
Didn't spot that, I wonder how she did that.

--
 HTH

Bob Phillips

"Harlan Grove" <hrlngrv@aol.com> wrote in message
> Laura ( '_' ) wrote...
> >Okay thanks Bob. I did what you asked, but when I type in A2, I get an
error
> >message "Syntax error". Then the top line of the code you gave me
highlights
> >yellow.
> >This is how i have it in my spreadsheet:
> >
> >Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)
> >With Target.
>
> The problem is the period following Target in the line above. Remove
> the period.

0
bob.phillips1 (6510)
1/3/2006 6:59:18 PM
"Harlan Grove" <hrlngrv@aol.com> wrote in message

> The problem is the period following Target in the line above. Remove
> the period.

???

the period should be before the Offset not just removed from the Target
otherwise it stops with a "Sub or function not defined" error

(But then you knew that <g>)
--
Regards

Sandy
sandymann2@mailinator.com
Replace@mailinator.com with @tiscali.co.uk

"

0
sandymann2 (1054)
1/3/2006 7:16:24 PM
Sandy Mann wrote...
>"Harlan Grove" <hrlngrv@aol.com> wrote in message
>>The problem is the period following Target in the line above. Remove
>>the period.
>
>???
>
>the period should be before the Offset not just removed from the Target
>otherwise it stops with a "Sub or function not defined" error
>
>(But then you knew that <g>)

Know, maybe. Noticed, unfortunately not. Sometimes can only handle one
bug at a time.

0
hrlngrv (1990)
1/3/2006 8:51:00 PM
arent we all getting a bit carried away?in A3 type=sum(A1:A2)
--
paul
remove nospam for email addy!

"Laura ( '_' )" wrote:

> Excel 2000
>
> Hiya,  I have a question for all you brainboxes out there!
> Im VERY new to excel so please explain clearly or I'll be completley lost!!
>
> In the cell A3 I would like to have a "Grand Total".
> In the cell A2, I would like to enter a number, eg. 400 (this would then
> appear in A3 as 400), THEN I would like to enter another number,  eg. 307 in
> cell A2. (this wouuld then appear in A3 as 707).
>
> I hope that explains it, I find it a bit confusing.
> Thanks for any help you can offer :)
> --
> @---}--
> Laura.....  :)
> Liverpool, England

> arent we all getting a bit carried away? ..

Think it was the OP's office boss
who insisted on having it done in just one cell <g>
(OP explained in reply to Stefi)
--
Rgds
Max
Singapore, GMT+8
xdemechanik
http://savefile.com/projects/236895

demechanik (4694)
1/4/2006 1:52:17 AM
Yep thats right it was my demon boss <vbg>
Anyway I've got it all sorted now, so a HUGE thanks to everyone who helped,
you saved my life!
:-D

--
@---}--
Laura.....  :)

"Max" <demechanik@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > arent we all getting a bit carried away? ..
>
> Think it was the OP's office boss
> who insisted on having it done in just one cell <g>
> (OP explained in reply to Stefi)
> --
> Rgds
> Max
> xl 97
> ---
> Singapore, GMT+8
> xdemechanik
> http://savefile.com/projects/236895

busyday (23)

Adding to the Case Resoultion Dropdown
Hi All, Could someone point me in the correct direction on how to add additional items to "Resolution Type" dropdown list. Thanks in advance, Guy Austrian Hi Guy, If you didn't find this yet ... go to Home > Settings > System Customization. Choose to modify the Case form. On the General Tab double click on the Status Reason field. Choose the Values Tab. You can add/edit/delete values related to each Status. Click the drop-down to choose the status, choose Resolved and add to the Resolved status reasons. Hope this helps. >-----Original Message----- &...

Sorting by Color in Excel 2000
I want to sort text by color. I have a worksheet with some rows in black font and some in red. I need to group the rows in red font together. Is there anyway to sort by color? Thanks Hi see: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/SortByColor.htm not possible without VBA -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Greg" <gregor1974@hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:0ce901c4ac89$2be98dc0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I want to sort text by color. I have a worksheet with > some rows in black font and some in red. I need to group > the rows in red font together. Is there anyw...

Incorrect formatting opening .csv file in Excel
When opening a database generated .csv file with the following data: "1","10E-024","1" Excel opens it incorrectly formatting the text as a scientific number: 1 1.0E-24 1 If I save the file as .txt, and open in excel using the import wizard, I can specify that the column should be text, and the item code 10E-024 appears correctly. However this is far from ideal, as it relies on a manual step and the file cannot be saved as .csv again - otherwise the same fault happens next time the file it opened. Is there a way of forcing Excel to open .csv files in raw da...

Excel #21
I have another question for this paper that I'm working on and I can't seem to find the answer to. I'm a new user for Excel and I know next to nothing about it. Any help you can give me would be great... The question is: "If you see a spreadsheet with row AND column headings as NUMBERS, what is the problem (if any!!)? Tools > Options > General tab > uncheck R1C1 reference style > OK "allybell1980" wrote: > I have another question for this paper that I'm working on and I can't seem > to find the answer to. I'm a new user for Excel...

Merging Excel Sheet with Excel Sheet (Just like in MS Word!)
Hi everyone, Purpose: create classroom roster between one Excel spreadsheet as data source and another excel sheet. I know how to use one excel spreadsheet as a data source to merge with another word document; however, by using this method, I found that the link between the files keep dropping from time to time, especially when the folder has been moved around. I'm thinking of creating the same layout of the Word document in another Excel spreadsheet and somehow "LINK" the data source and the other spreadsheet together, but I'm not sure how, or whether thi...

Push single contact field data into prepared excel workbook
I am new to macros but ameager to get some formulated to help run my small business. I have been trying to find some code which suits my requirement of pushing signgular fields from a contact into a pre-prepared excel book which is loaded with the next stage of macro-powered automation. I recieve enquiries both via email and by phone. I use my blackberry to save phone enquiries to address book and Anagram for Blackberry to capture the required contact data from our email enquiry form. Both are then synchronised with my Outlook contacts. Either from the point of creation, or through ...

Adding 2nd email acct. to Outlook 2002
Hi: In older versions of Outlook you were able to add/view an 2nd email acct by setting permission on the Exchange server and setting it up as a service on the local PC. It appears 2002 gives the option to add an email acct. under tools but then gives an error saying only 1 acct can be on the exchange server. I would love to know the steps for allowing a user to see two different email messages under 1 Outlook icon. Thanks, A :-) you can only have one Exchange account per profile. "Air" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:cac301c48a1a$75b6...

Read from Barcode Reader in Excel and Auto hit enter
I am trying to read a barcode off an item, it then goes into it's place in the excel sheet but I cannot get it to automatically hit enter, I have to walk back to machine to hit it. As I recall (12 years ago...) there is a setting on the barcode reader to add Line Feed -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Neo" <Neo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FB95BB3A-91C8-4965-9528-7D32920B81EB@microsoft.com... >I am trying to read a barcode off an item, it then goes into it's place in > the excel sheet but I cannot ...

adding 150% to a cell
I have created a payroll which i need to create and i've got most set up. i need to know how i can take D2 times it by 150% from E2 and give me the result to G2. Ok to say it simpler Overtime hours is in D2. Normal hourly rate is in E2 and overtime earned is in G2 overtime payment is at the rate of 150% of the normal hourly rate. How can i create such a formula to give the results in G2? At the moment i've got it like this: =SUMPRODUCT(D2)*(E2*150%) which worked fine but i was thinking if this is overkill in how to do it? "Asta" wrote: > I have created a payroll wh...

Excell 2002 xp
need to enable file sharing so that we can have version control on a Excel document Tools, Share Workbook, select (put a check mark into) the option "Allow changes by more than one user...." Then make choices in the Advanced tab as desired.... MRO "sarosh Tafti" <sarosh.tafti@mcdanalds.ca> wrote in message news:071401c38219$9bcc8110$a401280a@phx.gbl... > need to enable file sharing so that we can have version > control on a Excel document ...

How can I have an initial zero in an Excel cell?

excel causing system to be in low system resource
Hi all. Whenever i open my excel application, i am always prompted low system resource and have to exit the application. However all my other office applications like word, access work fine when i open them. I face similar problems before and i reinstall excel to solve the problem. Is there a better solution which can solve this problem once and for all? Thks in advance ...

Change theme colors in Excel
Working in the Excel 2010 Beta version, but I think it's the same in 2007... How can I change the theme and/or standard colors? I can find the colors I want with "more colors" but I have to add to recent colors EACH time I use Excel. Any way to change default settings for the color palette? ...

Copy sheet in Excel
Hi Wonder if anyone of you encounter this problem before? When I try to copy worksheet in a workbook, the following prompt comes up, indicating name conflict. "A formula or sheet you want to move or copy contains the name 'aaaa', which already exists on the destination worksheet. Do you want to use this version of the name? - To use the name as defined in the destination sheet, click Yes - To rename the range referred to in the formula or worksheet, click No, and enter a new name in the Name Conflict dialog box" When I clicked yes, another prompt comes up indicating ...

Prevent functions from changing when new rows are added
I have a worksheet configured as a timesheet, where each row represents a task performed. For any given day, I track the task(s) performed and the hours spent on each task, and there are many functions in the worksheet. The worksheet contains the following columns: Column A: blank column (not used for anything). Column B: series of dates (with a blank row in between each date). Column C: tasks performed, manually entered. Column D: hours worked on the task. Column E: hours worked for the week. There's a function in each cell where, if it's Sunday, a sum of the week's...

[Excel 2003] problem in files with pivottables after install Office Service Pack 3
Hi all. System: Windows XP Pro SP2, Office 2003 Professional + Service Pack 3 I have a problem with some xls files after install office service pack 3. With service pack 2 this files normal open. With service pack 3 after open file displays dialog (my translate from russian) "In workbook ... have contents which can not be read. Try restore contents of workbook ? If you trust source of this workbook, press button YES". If I press "No" - file not opens. If I press "Yes", displays next dialog. This dialog form content a list of corrections in file. Biggest pa...

Combining Excel files
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0012_01C39406.568A3A80 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have all my timesheets in separate files and I would like to extract = values from each file to use in analyzing my time spent on projects and = time spend doing administrative tasks, etc. Can someone give me some tips on how to get started (e.g.. how to = extract valves from one file to another) Thanks Cory ------=_NextPart_000_0012_01C39406.568A3A80 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859...

how to fix cells in excel and other move
I saw alot of excel wher some celles do not move and other move up and down so can any body help me to know how to make it Try this. Click on a cell, say B2 and pull-down: Window > Freeze Panes -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200847 "Bassam" wrote: > I saw alot of excel wher some celles do not move and other move up and down > so can any body help me to know how to make it ...

How to put VBA formula in Excel Sheet
hi there, how can i fix the error for this VBA? Sub PutDate() Range("A1") = "="Date :" & TEXT(TODAY(),"dd-mm-yy")" End Sub pls. help me for this. thanks in advance. EricBB One way: Public Sub PutDate() Range("A1").Formula = "=""Date :"" & TEXT(TODAY(),""dd-mm-yy"")" End Sub Note that quotes within the formula string must be doubled. In article <AA203817-803E-40C2-B617-7B1BDC3E1A59@microsoft.com>, EricBB <EricBB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: &...

Shared Excel file
Hi, I Want to know, how fourth or more persons could have a permission t read write and modified excel file together. The excel file found on the server Thanks, Michae -- Michael ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Michaelt's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1555 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27122 tools>share workbook>editing>allow changes "Michaelt" <Michaelt.1ehhi0@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:Michaelt.1ehhi0@excelforum-nospam....

MS Excel does not interpolate empty cells
Trying to plot a contour map of a film thickness. The substarte is round. X/Y coordinates are not in a grid so the data table has several empty cells. Trying to use 'Tool/Options...', 'Chart' tab and selecting the 'Interpolate' radio button does nothing. The chart treats the empty cells as zero value. If it would interpolate I would be happy. I also tried this with a grid (square) X/Y table with a couple of empty cells and again, it did not interploate. If the cell contains a formula like =IF(A1=0,"",A1), then that cell is neither empty nor blank. I...

Inserting a Word document as an Excel Sheet
Is it possible to insert a Word document as a sheet contained in an Excel workbook? If not, is it possible to link a Word document to an Excel spreadsheet and then preserve those links when the Excel spreadsheet is Saved As something else without having to re-link everything in Word? Insert / Object / Create from File Tab / Browse to File & then decide whether you want it to display as just an icon or as a document (Those two options are bottom right of the dialog box). Choose Document and the first page of your doc willa ppear in the Excel file. Double click it and you will be able...

Custom page sizes in Excel
In Lotus, I could specify a custom page size (i.e. 4.25 X 3.5). Is there ANY way to do this in Excel? It was great for making small laminated cards for contact info etc. ...

Link From Excel to Acrobat PDF Bookmark?
I need to inset a hyperlink into Excel that links to a bookmark in a PDF file. All it does now is it opens the PDF on page one. But I will be linking to Acrobat documents that arehundreds of pages long so I need to get Excel to link to a specific bookmark. And this may be asking too much, but, once it goes to the PDF bookmark is there any way to tell Acrobat it to go right back to the cell in Excel where it originated? Thanks. ...

Help in macro in excel.
Hi all. I want to write a macro in an excel sheet wherein I want to copy a few cells from my source worksheet and paste their hyperlink to another worksheet. Also, the destination worksheet's cell number where this is pasted is not fixed. How do I accomplish this? Please help urgently. Thanks. SPG, Running the macro recorder whilst inserting a hyperlink yields this code: ActiveSheet.Hyperlinks.Add Anchor:=Selection, Address:="", SubAddress:= _ "Sheet1!A1", TextToDisplay:="""go to hell""" Now just substitute the relevant stuff into e...