Does anyone know how to insert blank rows into a pivot table (say,
between groupings, etc.)?  There has to be a way, since some of the
various table formats that come with Excel include blank rows.
0
bucko (9)
9/20/2007 1:56:10 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Double-click the field button that you want to format
Click Layout
Add a checkmark to Insert blank line after each item
Click OK, twice

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures

0
dsd1 (5911)
9/20/2007 8:05:58 PM
You're wonderful!  Thank you Debra!

On Thu, 20 Sep 2007 16:05:58 -0400, Debra Dalgleish
<dsd@contexturesXSPAM.com> wrote:

>Double-click the field button that you want to format
>Click Layout
>Add a checkmark to Insert blank line after each item
>Click OK, twice
>
>Bucko wrote:
>> Does anyone know how to insert blank rows into a pivot table (say,
>> between groupings, etc.)?  There has to be a way, since some of the
>> various table formats that come with Excel include blank rows.

0
bucko (9)

Number Separator
an U help me out,,,, Number separator of the excel according to the Indian Standard For e.g. 1000 is displayed as 1,000 10000 is displayed as 10,000 100000 is displayed as 100,000 but I want in 1,00,000 1000000.......1,000,000 but i want 10,00,000 and it goes on Same witht he negative numbers where I want -100000 to be (10,000) -1000000 to be (1,00,000) etc.... We can go to the Format->custom-> and then a logic should be there to customize it .....Anybody clear on this? Thanks & Regards, Vishal Khemka Hi Vishal! Unfortunately, even in the Indian version of Excel, the...

Putting "," in thousand separator
I have the below amount with me 50,862.82 73,820.42 107,363.57 1,156,634.06 In the above amounts virtually there is no “,” in between the numbers. I have to put “,” where there is “." (Point) and this can be done with replacing (CTRL+H). And I need to put “." (Point) in each thousand separator like below. 50.862,82 73.820,42 107.363,57 1.156.634,06 Is there any solution for this. Regards, rkp 2007 Button>Excel Options>Advanced>Editing options>Uncheck Use System Separators. Use comma for decimal point. Same in 2003 under Tools...

How to convert Decimal number with comma(,) as decimal separator to dot(.)
Hi, I am having problem with decimals in VBA code. I am "injecting" value from textbox into UPDATE sql statment, but I get an error because i am having comma as a separator. How to convert 0,254 into 0.255 without changing regional settings! Use the replace function: Replace("String",",",".") -- hth, SusanV "Domac" <domac.kovacevic@zg.t-com.hr> wrote in message news:%238PfdSCdGHA.4900@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I am having problem with decimals in VBA code. > I am "injecting" value from textbox into ...

Separator in combo box
hi, Is it possible to have a line separator in a combo box? I mean something like a separator in menus? thanks, Behzad Try :- http://www.codeproject.com/combobox/zsepcmb.asp http://www.codeproject.com/combobox/customcombo.asp -- Regards, Nish [VC++ MVP] http://www.voidnish.com /* MVP tips tricks and essays web site */ http://blog.voidnish.com /* My blog on C++/CLI, MFC, Whidbey, CLR... */ "behzad" <b@b.com> wrote in message news:%23fVB3em5EHA.3368@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > hi, > Is it possible to have a line separator in a combo box? I mean something > like...

Remove 1000 separator space problem
I am importing through a query numbers which the 1000 separator is a space. To calculate with this value isn't possible in excel because the 1000 separator is this space. I am try to remove the space in excel with find and replace " " to "" but this isn't possible. Also with VBA isn't this possibel and even not with format cells isn't this possibel. Who can help me. A sample of the data you can find below. Thanks in advance. 9 365 10 598 9 087 1 397 8 903 8 136 5 524 19 584 9 329 14 896 ...

separator lines in dialogs
How can you insert a menu-style horizontal separator line into a dialog? Insert a picture control and change its type to etched horz. AliR. "Chris Baker" <ChrisBaker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D1115A29-2D2F-4A8C-A185-6B9DC5145183@microsoft.com... > How can you insert a menu-style horizontal separator line into a dialog? > cheers AliR, it worked "AliR" wrote: > Insert a picture control and change its type to etched horz. > > AliR. > > "Chris Baker" <ChrisBaker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mes...

Double-click on row-separator doesn't always correctly adjust row height
Our company often uses Excel v.2003 to generate table-like text reports. The cells often contain text that wraps to multiple lines. We also have merged cells at various locations. I often will double-click on the border between two row headers to make the row above auto-expand/collapse to make the row fit to the amount of wrapped text. However, there seem to be many situations where the row will collapse to only one row in height. It might have to do with merged cells (either in the row itself or somewhere else in the document). This seems to be a bug. Could you please tell me which s...

How turn off extra separator page of document properties?
How do I turn off the extra document property page printed after each MS word document? Tools | Options | Print: clear the check box for "Document properties." -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Kenny B" <Kenny B@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4DAFD0E6-804C-4330-8B29-4B38598DC0A9@microsoft.com... > How do I turn off the extra document property page printed after each MS > word > document? > ...

Need to work with two different decimal separators

Time Separators
Hi there Is it possible to have excel set to recognise a full stop as a time separator or does it always have to be a colon? Thanks Colin Can you give a bit more information as to what you are trying to do? Pete On Dec 17, 2:50=A0pm, Colin Weir <colin.w...@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote: > Hi there > > Is it possible to have excel set to recognise a full stop as a time > separator or does it always have to be a colon? > > Thanks > > Colin I would like to be able to type in either 17.30 or 1730 as a pose to 17:30. Thanks Colin Colin,...

Page Break Separator Row
I have a page/section/detail layout with tables that may or may not repeating and continue across pages. I've followed Chris Hay's hack to get the "continued..." at the top of the next page but the report design requires a blank row immediately after the last detail row before it continues to the following page. The blank row will then close the table with a border. Is this possible? I have made countleess attempts. Thanks in advance ...

Hide separators in CToolBar+Ctrls (no DialogBar at all)
Hello to evryone! And please, someone help :P First, no, i dont't want to use a DialogBar, second yes i searched everywhere for something useful but i was not (sigh) able to find a real solution, or at least one with sample code included :( Here is the situation: I placed some controls on a toolbar preparing the space with a separator+disabled button (just to allow the resize of the toolbar). After this i add dinamically the controls (CComboBox,CEdit,Cwetheaver). Here comes troubles...to allow a kind of "all dynamic" approach i added to the CMyToolbar::OnPaint a cycle where i c...

separator #2
Hi, How to add seperator before the first button on the toolbar in visual studio editor. I dont want to open .rc file in notepad and add the string separator before the first button. thanks cric ...

format integer into string with thousands separator?
Hi, I'm using CString::Format().. I want to format an integer value between 0 - 99,999 with the tousands separator. So 10000 should be formatted into a string as "10,000". I could manually do this, my checking for the thousands and displaying a comma, but it makes localization more difficult and I just assume there got to be ways to do this. I couldn't find any format flags for this. I know static text control has this feature by default, but that's of no use to me. I need to use CDC::DrawText(...) Thanks, Lisa "Lisa Pearlson" wrote in message news:urCaGI...

Convert number pad decimal to comma decimal separator
Hi, One of our european users has asked if we could add a feature to our app that would interpret a number pad decimal keystroke as a comma decimal separator. Whilst I could subclass the various number entry controls, dialog, grid, currency, plain number ect, I was hopeful that a application wide method could be found, utilising WM_KEYUP / WM_KEYDOWN. I have looked at using ProcessMessageFilter, but not had much success. Does anyone know how this may be acheived? Many thanks, Mike Stoodsmj wrote: > One of our european users has asked if we could add a feature to our > app that w...

Need vertical separators rising from the X axis.
I have Access2003 & WindowsXP and MSGraph2000. ***** I have many charts based on MSGraph using xtab queries as the sources. All works well except for one small problem. Since I have all data shown monthly for over 7 years, this adds up to a pretty dense chart, which is excellent for discerning trends. (The X axis is always the "yyyymm" one.) Now what I need is a simple VERTICAL separator (rising from the X axis) on the chart to separate the years in either calendar or financial years. The Y axis has these built in and their separation can be adjusted. Why not for the X a...

Double clicking column separator of CHeaderCtrl Event.
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C5F041.8D8FD000 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="gb2312" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi, My CHeaderCtrl has two columns, when double clicking the column = separator, the left column should be resized to a specified minimum = width. I find one article about setting a minimum width at = :http://www.codeguru.com/Cpp/controls/listview/columns/article.php/c911/ Use this code, the minimum width is ok, but double click can't resize = the left column to the minimun width.=20 Any idea is welcome...

how to format excel format to text format with separator "|" in s.
Take a look here: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/textfiles.html In article <E7023106-3D03-4427-ACDE-C846447FBA3E@microsoft.com>, "azlan" <azlan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: ...

how to output Excel file with field separators?
I have an Excel spreadsheet, where some field columns may have 1 word in it, some fields may have 2, 3 words in each field column, and so forth. I would like to output this Excel spreadsheet to a text document. Is it possible to output an Excel spreadsheet to have a certain character, let's say | as a field separator? so if I were to view the text file after the Excel output, it would look something like this: John | Doe | 123 Main Street | Bank of America Jane | Doe A. | 456 First Ave. West | Wamu Tom | Smith | ...

edit footnote or endnote separator in word 2007
I've been using footnotes in Word 2007 on the document i've been writing. Suddenly noticed that under the footnote separator line- three empty line were added that I can't get rid of. Double clicking on them does not help as I they do not respond. i'm guessing the computer is associating them with the separator line so if anyone knows how to edit it in word 2007- please let me know. Thanks for the help, Yoash. See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/NoteSeparators.htm -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://...

Word 2007's Find command no longer able to find Style Separators
Word seems to have unexpectedly changed in its ability to find Style Separators. In years past (and versions past), you could insert a Style Separator, then locate it later using Word's find dialog by searching for text "^p" with font Hidden. It is, after all, basically just a paragraph mark, and it's font attribute is Hidden. But all of the sudden--not sure if it's just something that started with Word 2007 SP2--it is no longer found with these parameters. This came as quite a surprise as several macros I use to find Style Separators just stoppe...

separator of thousands
hi all, my (part) formula = VLOOKUP(A1,A3:B18,2) This will give me (say for example) 1234567. i like this number to look like 1,234,567 and here what i did =IF(LEN(VLOOKUP(A1,A3:B18,2))=7,REPLACE(REPLACE(VLOOKUP(A1,A3:B18,2),2,0,","),6,0,","). Is there easier way to do that ? Because i have to repeat this process many times for if (len(A1,A3:B18,2))=4 then =5 and so on up to =12 which i end up with a too large unfinished formula thanks for any help Hi one way: Why not use 'Format - cells' for this? If you need a formula (but remember the result then is a S...

cross functional separators
I have created a horizontal cross funtional chart with four swim lanes. I want to divide it vertically into two phases. I have drageed over the separators, one for each swim lane. The instructions say the separator will span all bands. But I cannot get the separators to change length to span the entire height of even one lane. How do I re-size these separators? Hello Rebecca, If you drag and drop the Separator master onto any of the swimlanes, then yes it should be resized automatically, across all swimlanes. (nb - it won't resize if you drop it outside of the swimlane area...

Excel 2003, cannot import quoted fields with separators inside
Hello, I have some data in UTF-8 encoded file with comma separated and quoted values. First I create an empty spreadsheet and then go to Data | Import External Data | Import Data... After selecting the file I choose "Delimited" data type (UTF-8 encoding is recognized automatically). In the next setp I change Delimiters to "Comma" (only!). Text qualifier is already set to double quotes. I would expect in this case that value such as this: "one, two, tree" to be treated as one column. But excel breaks it into three columns 1. "one 2. two 3. three" Am...