Adding additional rows for data entry

I have a spreadsheet with five columns that I enter data to. I then
have a blank row at the bottom of these columns.  Below the blank row I
have several formulas pertaining to each row.  How do I add more data
to the columns and have the formulas adjust for these new rows without
highlighting rows and using the insert rows command to make room (empty
rows) where I can then add the additional data to the columns.  Is
there a formula that would always leave one empty row even when new
data is entered in the columns?

Thanks

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Put the formulas at the top of the columns. You can even use a Freeze Pane
just below the formula row so that the results of the formulas will always
be visible when you scroll down the page.

Biff

"Tom" <tsanders123@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I have a spreadsheet with five columns that I enter data to. I then
> have a blank row at the bottom of these columns.  Below the blank row I
> have several formulas pertaining to each row.  How do I add more data
> to the columns and have the formulas adjust for these new rows without
> highlighting rows and using the insert rows command to make room (empty
> rows) where I can then add the additional data to the columns.  Is
> there a formula that would always leave one empty row even when new
> data is entered in the columns?
>
> Thanks

0
biffinpitt (3172)

adding MIme for PDF
When I send a pdf file from Outlook 2003 (Exchange 2003 SP1) it recognizes the pdf file as an application\octet-stream. How can I change this so it recognizes the pdf as a pdf? This is causing issues because application\octet-stream are blocked and pdf's are allowed. Any thoughts? Internet Message Formats in Global Settings -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT -------------------------------- "Bad Beagle" <maxwelli@nospam.postalias> wrote in message news:%23j21Ke8vFHA.2008@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > When I send a pdf file from Outlook 2003 (Exchange 2003 SP1) it recogn...

Error Entry Point Not Found.
When I start Outlook with default to show outlook today, I get the following error message: "The procedure entry point GetIUMS could not be located in the dynamic link library MSDART.DLL. If I switch it back to starting in inbox I do not get this message. I only get it when it tries to access outlook today. Can anyone help? Thanks I'm getting the same exact thing. If you find a cure, could you repost. Thanks >-----Original Message----- >When I start Outlook with default to show outlook today, >I get the following error message: "The procedure entry >poi...

Decreasing Row Height MS Project 2003
Hi, This is very very lame, but I think I have done something to "block" row heights in MS Project. I want to decrease them, but I simply can't! I can increase them though... Please help!! Thanks Hi, Through Bar or Bar Styles, did you add text above or below a bar? That wil force teh row height to no less that 2. HTH -- Jan De Messemaeker Microsoft Project Most Valuable Professional +32 495 300 620 For availability check: http://users.online.be/prom-ade/Calendar.pdf "Diogo" <Diogo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message n...

counting non occur entries
hi all, i have two lists L1 in the range A2:A30 and L2 in the range K15:K240, like to know the number of occurrences in L1 which do not occur in L2. thanks for any help Hi COUNTA(A2:A30)-SUMPRODUCT(--(ISNUMBER(MATCH(A2:A30,K15:K240,0)))) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "excelFan" <excelFan@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:2C8CC295-2A8E-4E9B-BDDB-106AF4090ABE@microsoft.com... > hi all, > i have two lists L1 in the range A2:A30 and L2 in the range K15:K240, like > to know the number of occurrences in L1 which do not occur in L2. &...

Adding Cells
I have two cells. I want to be able to enter a number in either cell and have the other cell fill in with the number that makes the sum of the two cells equal to 15. assuming your cells are in columns a and b you could in column a type =15-B1 and in column b type =15-A1 and paste for the desired range "stkrka" wrote: > I have two cells. I want to be able to enter a number in either cell and have > the other cell fill in with the number that makes the sum of the two cells > equal to 15. If I enter the formula in the cells, how do i enter a number in the...

Duplicate Entries #4
Hi All Can Excel somehow detect that you have two same entries within a different worksheet but in the same file? This may sound a bit ambigous, so here is an example of what I mean: say I had a file called "my_spreadshit.xls" and with in it, sheet1 and sheet2 contained some info that was the same. Can I highlight it or identify it using some search function? Cheers http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm you can use the same technique as in the above link or from the same website you can download compare.zip a utility written by Myrna Larson and Bill Manville -- Regards...

Replace All XML Data
For testing purposes, I need some code that will loop through all attributes and elements in an XML file, and replace the data with the element or attribute name? Does anybody have code that will do this, looping generically through every node? VB.Net code would be appreciated so I can see how it is done. Derek Derek Hart wrote: > For testing purposes, I need some code that will loop through all attributes > and elements in an XML file, and replace the data with the element or > attribute name? Does anybody have code that will do this, looping > generically through...

hide rows with macro
i want a looping macro that evaluates two columns in each row of the spreadsheet and if both cell contain zeros hide the row. Basically if col b or col c is zero hide row otherwise don't hdie and move down one row to evaluate it, You can do this with the Autofilter............whether you want to delete rows with one zero or two, or whatever........ Data > Filter > AutoFilter > Custom > "does not equal" > 0.........then if you want to further massage that result, just copy and paste it over to another worksheet............ Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "...

Deleting Blank Rows Subject to Criteria
I wanted to delete blank rows using the following: Public Sub DeleteRowOnCell( On Error Resume Nex Selection.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeBlanks).EntireRow.Delet ActiveSheet.UsedRang End Su But I wanted instead of to check for an empty cell (as the above does?) to see if the following formula returned "" and delete the row if it did and to leave it if it didnt =IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP(B1,Sheet2!A1:A10,1,FALSE))=TRUE,"","1" If anyone can help i'd sure appreciate it Thanks in advanc Mark modified the formula a bit =IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP(B1,Sheet2!A1:A10,1,FALSE)),FALS...

Data Filtering #2
I have 22000 rows of data that are sorted into two columns. column a has 10 rows of address labels, a space, then repeated over and over again. i need to sort this information into 10 columns but don't know how. can anybody help with a formula that will enable me to have column headers of Name address etc and the data filtered correctly "current data" Name 1st Move International Ltd Add1 International House Worthy Road Add2 Chittening Industrial Estate Add3 Chittening Add4 Bristol PC BS11 0YB Tel 0117-982-8123 Fax 0117-982-2229 Mail sales@shipit.co.uk web www.shipit.co.uk I...

What variable do you insert for X-cel if there is missing data?
We are entering data on questionnaires completed by parents and drawing graphs from these. However, where data is missing X-cel gives a value of 0 which is scewing results. We are wanting to know what variable to use for missing data. If you enter "#N/A" (without quotes) or the formula =NA(), then that will be ignored in the chart display. In article <36FC208B-BAAE-4CF5-B3EC-A18FBEDE3EE5@microsoft.com>, "Iop.kcl" <Iop.kcl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > We are entering data on questionnaires completed by parents and drawing > graphs from thes...

cycle thru list adding date
I have users that threw me a curve and now want to have the query show the records that do not have a date in a field. This query will then be the bases for a report that will be used. The report will exported to excel and when it is, I then need to have it so the date exported is filled in the field on the table for the exported records. I am at a loss as to how to have it go thru and place the date in the field on the table and ask for help on this or know of any examples/samples to look at. Thank you in advance for any assistance on this. .... John John, What date do you want t...

Multiple data validation criteria?
Working in 2003, but this workbook has to also work in 2007 For this project I have to avoid macros because users are remote and may not enable macros. I have a column which needs two different data validation criteria; (1) ColumnA >Column B and ColumnA <Column C (I can do this with data validation) (2) ColumnA does not contain values at more than one decimal place 4.2 is ok, 4.21 is not I can also do this with data validation (custom formula) However, Excel appears limited in that I cannot apply more than one data validation criteria. Is there any (non-VBA) w...

duplicating data
I have 2 excel worksheets, both are in different formats. Both will contain the same data but spread across different parts of the worksheets. if I have filled in the data for 1 worksheet, how can i automate this data to be filled into the other worksheet? In Sheet2 use linking formulas. Sheet2 H1 formula is =Sheet1!A1 For contiguous areas these can be copied by dragging. For non-contiguous areas..........manually enter references. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 1 Apr 2010 08:13:17 -0700 (PDT), Lynn <moley_cruz@yahoo.com.au> wrote: >I have 2 excel work...

excel data entry templates
I built a beautiful excel template that will populate a database using the template wizard. There are drop down menu choices on the worksheets behind the template. However, if I need to make a change to the requirements, the change appears to work until the next time I retrieve the template then the change does not appear. How do I make a change to the field choices in the template and have it save? Save it as *.xlt (template) Regards, Peo Sjoblom "DonnaS" wrote: > I built a beautiful excel template that will populate a database using the > template wizard. There...

Handling very sensitive data in exchange...
Hi Does Exchange provide any features to manage exposure of sensitive data in specific mailboxes? The example that comes to mind would be protecting the mailbox for a CxO of a large organization from curious systems administrators. Not having used exchange for several years, i'm not sure exactly what the exposures are, but i want to be sure that specific communications can be protected. Mailbox encryption, using a certificate or account password belonging to the user would one method Of course the user can always encrypt sensitive mail on their own, using S/MIME or something similar, ...

Picklists and data types
Hey All, Using: Microsoft CRM 3.0 I am trying to figure out why when viewing reports in report builder i get integer values i.e 1,2,3,4,5 instead of the Months Jan,Feb,March,April. When looking directly in the databse i get integer values as well. In the picklists itself there is Jan,Feb,March,April etc but when looking in the report itself it comes out as integer values. Why could this be? i need to show by month and not number month. is there any way at all of showing the actual month rather then the number. BTW this seem to be occuring in all the picklists not just the month pickl...

copy data validations from 2000 to 2003
Hello, Is there any known problem with copying cells with data validation (list) from excel 2000 workbook to excel 2003 workbook ? Copy / Paste - paste the values and formats but not the dropdown list. Alon --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.699 / Virus Database: 456 - Release Date: 04/Jun/04 Alon First, there are no such things as an Excel 2000 workbook and an Excel 2003 workbook. Workbooks created in either version are compatible. Copy>Paste Special>Values and Number Formats>OK Paste Special...

set row height upon opening excel
I would like to have the row height set to "20" upon opening or creating a new workbook. You can change the default setting for the column, why not for the height of a row. If there is a way to write a macro that will execute when that workbook is open I would be interested in that also. Thanks If you go to your Personal.xls, and paste this code in the "ThisWorkbook" page, it will automatically set the row height to 20. You may need to add this to the new sheet activate as well. Private Sub Workbook_Open() Cells.Select Selection.RowHeight = 20 End Sub &qu...

transferring data from one calendar to another
I finally received a computer at work, after having done all my calendaring for appointments on my home computer for several months. I work in a large school district and the new e-mail system seems to utilize Outlook (the calendar looks identical). Is there a way I can transfer the data from my Outlook (2002) calendar at home to my calendar through the system's network at work? The computer is brand new so I assume that it would be the most recent version of Outlook on the work computer. If anyone can help, I'd appreciate it greatly! You can export your calendar to a PST file in...

Data Question
I have a tab on my worsheet that has the following informatio a Order # Order Statu 123 Not yet starte 456 Not yet starte 873 Starte 831 Complet Basically, every 2 hours the column with order # will refresh, mix up the order #'s (since they are tied to the auto-matic update of info) and will change the order of the order #'s, add some new ones, delete old ones and my order status column will stay the same (since I manually entered those in). So the new data could look like thi b Order # Order Statu 873 ...

compare date range with date in columns and input data from another cell
I have a spreadsheet that includes the following: 2 columns (d and e) with a beginning and end date, a column with a dollar amount (rent: g) and. 24 columns across (Jan - Dec for two years:- n - ak). The 24 columns across contain the date ie. (01/01/2012, 02/01/2012, and so on). I am wanting to compare the range of D - E with each column across. When it meets the criteria it will put the amount in G in each column that is BETWEEN the date range. For example: if the beginning date is 01/01/2012 (d), the ending date is 06/01/2013 (e), and rent is $3000 (g), I would like Jan - Dec 2012 and Ja...

Problem Adding Records To Child Table
I have two tables: table A (parent) and table B (child) which have a one-to-many relationship. Fields A.1 and B.1 are both the primary key fields of tables A and B, and each is an autonumber field. Field B.2 is the foreign key field which links to field A.1. I have a query with SQL as follows: SELECT B.*, A.1, A.2 FROM B INNER JOIN A ON B.2 = A.1 ORDER BY B.1 When I open the query and go to the new record, I enter in B.2 the value for A.1 for one of the existing A records. The new record is added in the B table. No problem. However, when I base a form on the above SQL and then try to add a...

Problem adding email account in outlook 2002
problem adding hotmail account to outlook 2002 From: "brandpoints" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> Sent: 1/21/2004 7:43:42 AM I'm running into a problem UNSUCCESSFULLY connecting to hotmail after adding a hotmail address to my Outlook 2002 email accounts. I've successfully added one previously and have double checked all the setup information is correct (http server, email address, pw, etc.). I can add the account but not connect to the mailbox. I get a "timeout from server" message. I've been trying to troubleshoot this but ca...

multiple data
I need a chart that has Collections Charges Units For 3 years Broken out by payor mix. I have tried to do the stacked chart thinking y axis would have dollars, x axis would have years 1-3 and then for each year I would have 3 bars (each stacked by payor) for collections, charges and units. I can get this to run but only for one year. I cannot get 3 bars per year. I am certain it is something to do with the way I have highlighting the data range and or the series. We have worked all weekend getting the data and now cannot determine how to run chart. Please help! ...