Adding a total row to a chart data table

I have the following data in a chart

Week 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Data1 1 5 7 6 1 6 7 6
Data2 3 4 5 7 9 4 6 6

Is it possible to have the data table show a totals row?

I.E:

Totals 4 9 12 13 10 10 13 12

Thanks in advance,

John

0
JohnOrtt (5)
1/11/2005 11:47:11 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

You can't include the total in the data table. As a workaround, you
could embed the chart on a worksheet, and display the data below it.
Tushar Mehta has instructions on his web site:

   http://tushar-mehta.com/excel/newsgroups/data_table/index.htm

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)
1/11/2005 1:41:42 PM
"Debra Dalgleish" <dsd@contexturesXSPAM.com> wrote in message
> You can't include the total in the data table. As a workaround, you
> could embed the chart on a worksheet, and display the data below it.
> Tushar Mehta has instructions on his web site:
>
>    http://tushar-mehta.com/excel/newsgroups/data_table/index.htm

Thanks Debra,

I'll give it a try.

0
JohnOrtt (5)

Get drive letter for old slave hard drive while keeping data
Hello, My master hard disk has failed and I have successfully replaced it with a new one and reinstalled windows XP etc. Before the crash I had a second slave drive with some data I would like to keep on it. When I connect this drive, it shows up in disk management, but does not get assigned a drive letter. How can I get windows to assign a drive letter to the drive without formatting it and losing all of my data? Both drives are IDE drives, the master is jumpered to cable select and is on the master cable, the slave seems to have lost its jumper, or never had one, but sh...

I want year in one table to be less or equal year in another table
Hi I have some problems writing a query and I hope someone can help me. I have a database with serveal tables. In one table I have this information, Lake ID-number, treatment, year for treatment. In another table I have Lake ID-number, fish species (I am intrested in pike), year when pike is present. I want to find all lakes that have pike present before the treatment was done, I want the year in the second table to me less or equal the year in the first table. Is there a easy way to do this? Thanks Try something like this substituting your table and field names. S...

Naming charts on own sheet
Hi. I have a series of charts (which are all contained on their own sheets). I need to name each of the charts (as they will be used by someone else in a macro). I have tried clicking on them and also pressing shift before clicking on them, and I am not able to change the name in the name combo box. Can anyone advise me of how I can change the names. Thanks for your help. Hi, If you have chart sheets you can change the name by simply changing the sheet tab name. What you described is the method used on chartobjects, which are usually on a worksheet. Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Mi...

Twist Data?...
Hi all... I've got the following in a dataset: 19 30 1200 FI FI 20030906 36 19 30 1324 FI FI 20030906 36 and I want the following result: 19 30 1200, 1324 FI FI 20030906 26 Any guess on how to do this? thanks much!... Hmmm... Not quite clear: The data is arranged in columns, I assume It looks as if both items in the same column are the same, you want just one item, otherwise the one in the top row first, then the one from the bottom row. But what about the last 36s that should yield 26? Typo? Does the dataset have more columns or more rows or both? And how big is it?...

How to make a Add key disabled after adding one record unless
Hi, I have a form where I am adding records. There are two boxes where one has to put the lineitemnumber and another box where one has to put the description. Unless the above two boxes are filled in the Add command box need to be disabled. Now, the problem is after adding one record the Add button is enabled and I cannot disable it. I would appreciate any help to solve this. The error message is: The methos is not supported The following is the code: Private Sub cmdadd_Click() On Error GoTo Err_cmdadd_Click If (IsNull(Me.LineItemID) = True) Or (IsNull(Me.Description) = True) Then ...

merging 2 cells without losing data?

loan amortisatio chart not updating
Hi, I use MS Monet 2007 premium. I have created a loan amortisation account which breaks up my monthly instslment into pricipal and interest. The loan commencd from 7 October 2005 and is for a period of 5 years. The problem is that the loan account does ot show any loan instalments beyond 7 October 2006 (exactly 1 year after the commencement). Why is this happening. Why is the account not updating with instalments which have been debited to my account after 7 October 2007. Please help. Were you depending on downloaded transaction data for this account? Did the download link br...

Transformation of data into columns

How do I make a chart with several times during a day
Hi, This seems like it may be a simple thing, yet I can not for the life of me figure out how to do this (or at least semi-easily with VBing it for a while). I have a simple table filled with the following information (example for simplicity): 12pm 5pm 10pm 11/20 5 4 7 11/21 5 4 7 11/23 5 4 7 11/24 5 4 7 11/25 5 4 7 So basically I am keeping track of a numeric value three times a day. I would like to make a chart of it with...

Data Validation List not showing

Hiding empty rows and columns
Does anyone know the code for hiding all blank rows and columns in a worksheet. Thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi try the following (adapted from: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/deleting.htm#DeleteBlankRows) Public Sub HideBlankRows() Dim R As Long Dim C As Range Dim Rng As Range On Error GoTo EndMacro Application.ScreenUpdating = False Application.Calculation = xlCalculationManual If Selection.Rows.Count > 1 Then Set Rng = Selection Else Set Rng = ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Rows End If For R = Rng.Rows.Count To 1 Step -1 If Application.WorksheetFuncti...

Fill Down Excluding First Row
Greetings, I have a spreadsheet where the first row (1) consists of labels that describe the column located below each label. For example, I have calories, fat, carbs, etc. It is desirable to have some of these columns filled in automatically. For example one row might be "calories from fat," "calories from carbs," etc, and so I'm doing a "fill down" on those columns. Unfortunately, the fill downs are completing the columns with the labels. So I'm wondering if it's possible to: (a) Exclude the label row (row 1) from the fill down or, better yet;...

Messenger emoticons
I have changed laptops and I did grab the old laptops custom emoticons folder (all in dt2 and id2 file endings.) But when i copy everything in the folder and add it to my new laptops custom emoticons folder... they get added (i.e. show up in the folder) but the images/gifs or names dont show up on the actual msn... *what gives*? Do I have to change the dt2 endings to gif or jpeg and go to "create" in msn for each of them to add them in? (I tried with one and it worked) Only problem is i have alot, like 203 dt2 files so changing the ending to .gif and adding each singu...

Chart "Benchmark" Line Graph Question
I am generating a graph of many team's monthly audit productivity percentages (bar graph) with a "benchmark" (line graph) at 95% (y axis) across 6 month period (x axis). The problem is that the line graph appears on the graph but the ends of the line are centered in the end columns (left & right). Is there as simple way to extend the benchmark line out to the edges of the graph? MJ Have a great day and live life with passion! ...

Adding extra data options
Is there a way to customize CRM to allow for adding another heading? I would like to add a second field similar to topic and would like to call it type. Can you add extra data fileds and types in CRM 3.0? You can add extra data fields to an entity. Go to entities customization at setting area. -- Marco Amoedo Plain Concepts http://geeks.ms/blogs/marco/ "xxdcmast" escribió: > Is there a way to customize CRM to allow for adding another heading? I would > like to add a second field similar to topic and would like to call it type. > > Can you add extra data ...

Chart printing issue in Excel 2007

trying to link maps and pie charts
Hello I was trying to link sales data stored in an excel table with a specific country in MapPoint. This software allows you to do this very easily. You can even picture the data in piecharts (% sales for each competitor). However there is very little flexibility with the look of the result: you cannot choose the color of the slices of the pie, you may not display data on the graph, and the maps do not look very professional. I know it is possible to link automatically a table with a shape in visio. Can this shape be a given country/region on a map? Can the callouts have th...