Adding a month to a series of dates

Hi

I'm probably being stupid, but here's my dilemma! 8o)

I have a date in cell A1, say 19/3/04 and I need to fill in the next 35
dates automatically - each being incremented by exactly one month:

19/4/04
19/5/04
19/6/04

....etc

I can't figure out an easy way to do this, such as adding a fixed number of
days, as each of the month's have a different number of days.

Any ideas?

TIA

Andy

0
andy5248 (1)
1/13/2005 2:04:49 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

fill in A1 with 19/03/04
fill in A2 with 19/04/04
select both
put the mouse pointer in the lower right corner of the selection (you'll get
a black cross) and drag it down using the left button

I'm not sure of an easy way to do it with a formula

guillermo

"Andy Sandford" <andy@advantage-ac.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I'm probably being stupid, but here's my dilemma! 8o)
>
> I have a date in cell A1, say 19/3/04 and I need to fill in the next 35
> dates automatically - each being incremented by exactly one month:
>
> 19/4/04
> 19/5/04
> 19/6/04
>
> ...etc
>
> I can't figure out an easy way to do this, such as adding a fixed number
of
> days, as each of the month's have a different number of days.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> TIA
>
> Andy

0
gmozavala (23)
1/13/2005 2:21:57 PM
Hi

More general way (when in following month is less days as starting month
date, last day of month is returned)

With start date in A1
A2=MIN(DATE(YEAR($A$1),MONTH($A$1)+ROW()-1,DAY($A$1)),DATE(YEAR($A$1),MONTH(
$A$1)+ROW(),0))
and copy A2 down.

Arvi Laanemets

"Andy Sandford" <andy@advantage-ac.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I'm probably being stupid, but here's my dilemma! 8o)
>
> I have a date in cell A1, say 19/3/04 and I need to fill in the next 35
> dates automatically - each being incremented by exactly one month:
>
> 19/4/04
> 19/5/04
> 19/6/04
>
> ...etc
>
> I can't figure out an easy way to do this, such as adding a fixed number
of
> days, as each of the month's have a different number of days.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> TIA
>
> Andy

Does OWA 5.5 talk to AD?
We have just upgraded our NT4 domain to Win2k3 AD and have since had problems with OWA - users get the login box and then a message regarding an endpoint mapper error. The exchange servers and OWA box have had NO config changes - not even DNS server addresses adding. My theory was that they are running in their own world and can see the old NetBIOS domain name (which is still the same). Does OWA need to verify against or talk to AD in any way? It's behind a firewall and we have opened the appropriate ports for DNS, added a hosts file (in case its trying to perform a DNS query)and it'...

Allow show/hide option for Excel graph series
To plot a graph with multiple series in Excel, I need to "Add" each series in the Source Data window. When I get to several series (5+), it gets difficult to organize the graph. I would like to select specific series to show and deselect specific series to hide, all at my choosing. This would make it very easy to show comparisons between Series A and B, followed by a comparison in Series B and C, etc. Meanwhile, I could have a few series permanently shown on the graph as reference data. As it is now, in order to make the comparisons, I have to create several different g...

Dates #3
when i pivot information into a chart it changes date formation from MAR-2003 to 18/03/2003. how can i change this back. Thanks Andy - Double click on the dates, click on the Number tab, and select the desired number format. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ Andy wrote: > when i pivot information into a chart it changes date > formation from MAR-2003 to 18/03/2003. how can i change > this back. > > Thanks ...

How can I create a monthly planner
I have seen some preformatted Excel calendars and planners but I have seen nothing like the one I would really like to have. Can you help me find one or explain how I can create one. I use Excel 2003. Here are the details of what I am trying to create .... -------------------------------- (1) I would like each day to be on a separate line. On the left it says "Tuesday, January 1st" then the line is blank. (2) Then I would like each Sat Sun to be on a lightly tinted background (so when I count days off the planner I avoid these non-working days). (3) I would like each month ...

How to get date entered recording first time condition is true?
Would like a date entered in a column the first time a condition is met calculated on several other columns in the same row. How could this be implemented? You could modify the circular reference formula at http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/timestamp.html to substitute your conditional statement for A1="". Or you could use something like the event macro shown there, but using the Calculation event instead, for instance: Private Sub Worksheet_Calculate() Dim rCheck As Range Dim rCell As Range On Error Resume Next Set rCheck = Range("A...

All new exams added in testking.co.uk now at half prices for limited period only
All new exams added in testking.co.uk now at half prices for limited period only ...

detecting changes to series of charts
Is there any event that gets fired on the changing of the series behind charts? I am aware of the SeriesChange property (ChartEvents_SeriesChangeEventHandler) but it does not fire when you add/remove/make any change in the 'source data' dialog box. Am I just going to have to do without or is there a sneaky way around this? ...

Auto Date 4 changing fields in a line
Hi, Is there a way to update a field / column with the date I change a record in that row? I wish to have only specific cells linked to that, to include range of cells. Also prefer data type date for easy view/understanding/sorting: i.e. yymmdd. Thanks in advance. - Subsequently, anyone interested in Investment Spreadsheets / math please feel free to email me: nasgentech at yahoo; have / looking for math equations, resources/solutions. -Nastech J.E. McGimpsey shows how at: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/timestamp.html And with a couple of minor modifications to check multiple...

Report Writer
Hello Everyone! I would like to get the type of deposit (Cash, Check or Credit Card) received to be displayed on SOP Blank Order Form (SBOF) I've modified. I already have the Card Name and Card Number fields functioning; but not the type of payment. I have referenced the SOP Deposits Journal report (SDJR) where this behavior exists and is operational. The SDPJ achieves this by using Calculated Field (C) Main Payment Type with the function listed below. Function_Script (rw_sopFormatPaymentType SOP_Deposit_Hist.PaymentType) This function works in the SDJR but not in the SBOF. One...

monthly earning $1000 to$5000
monthly earning $1000 to$5000 simple online survey create your membership other details visit ******************************* www.awsurveys.com/homemain.cfm ref id= siva icici ********************************** ...

Exchange 5.5 and AD
Hello All, I am planning a domain migration to AD from NT 4.0 to Windows Server 2003. I currently have a Win NT PDC that functions as a file server, and an Exchage 5.5 server that runs as a BDC. I am going to add another NT 4.0 box and load it as a BDC, upgrade it to a PDC, downgrading the PDC. I will then upgrade the PDC to windows 2003 server, and upgrade the domain to AD. Now, the questions I have is this. What effect, if any, will that have on my BDC/Exhcnage 5.5 server. We have plans on getting rid of that server in the near future, but not in the immediate future. Will I have ...

Possible for both ways for Date Entry on a txtField?
Hi, I have a field (IssuedDate) on a Form for the users to enter the date, in order to give the convenience for the user, I have set up the some key-codes for them to input instead of typing the full date and it works out great. (I've learned that from one of the old threads, but I couldn't find more to resolve my following problem. Believe or not, I have searched for that in about 2 days already.) Since I have only set up for a total of 8 keys only, that means 7 days backwards, then it won't work for the users who are away for vacation more than 8 days and they can't...

Exchange will not migrate-moving from NT to AD
I am using the ADMT 2.0. I can move user and computers over without errors, but when I try to move service accounts, exchange acounts or security translation it does not update. I cannot get exchange 5.5 to migrate from our old NT domain to 2000 AD. Am I missing a step? Is there another tool I need to use to migrate exchange? What do I need to do to get our mail server to update to our new AD domain controller? ...

Move Data Series Manually
Hi I have a combination graph: stacked column and line graph Stacked Column: Number of Points Compliant Number of Points Non-Comliant Line: YTD % Compliant Monthly % Comliant. With the line YTD % Compliant I have on the secondary axis (which is fine) The Monthly % Compliant I have removed the line and am using the Markers... How do I Move the Monthly % to the top of the graph (above the Stacked columns) regardless of the value. ie I dont want it associated with an axis. Many thanks Tracey All series in a chart need to be associated with a series. What do you mean, you're tr...

Dates of a Day for a month & year cell formulas
I've been trying to come up with a cell formula that returns the date of certain days of a specified month & year depending if Weekly Bi-Weekly, Monthly, or Semi-Monthly. For example Cell A1 = 2006 Cell B1 = Sunday Cell C1 = Weekly (or could be Bi-weekly, or Monthly, or Semi-monthly) Cell A3 = January Cell A4 = 1-01-06 Cell A5 = 1-08-06 Cell A6 = 1-15-06 Cell A7 = 1-22-06 Cell A8 = 1-29-06 Cell B3 = February Cell B4 = 2-05-06 Cell B5 = 2-12-06 Cell B6 = 2-19-06 Cell B7 = 2-26-06 To prevent the formula from being overly complex, it may be easier t have a separate sheet for weekl...

Changing a date on sent emails
Have Outlook 2003 SP3. BY mistake I set the Windows XP date to January 26, 2008 and thus many emails which I sent between Dec. 26 and Dec 28, 2007 were sent with the workng dates. I want to reset the dates of these to the right dates in December. Is there a way to do that ? The problem is that since I resent the system date to the correct date they keep popoing up in my OUT box at the top and my current emails are somwhere at the bottom.... :-( No, you can't change the dates. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Task...

Excel gridlines disappear when color is added
When adding color to rows or columns in excel worksheets, the gridlines disappear. How can I get the gridlines to print, even if the worksheets has colored rows or columns? Nelson, Cell fill color, even white, paints right over the gridlines. You can use borders (Format - Cells - Borders). -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "nelson1344" <nelson1344@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0D9D520B-EC62-4AF0-BB26-D7678E44622C@microsoft.com... > When adding color to rows or columns in excel...

Incorrect Date showing as Received Date
I am using Outlook 2003 via Terminal Services and since last Monday my mails are all being received with a "received date" of 01/01/01. Its actually up to 03/01/01 now. My time on the Server and local PC are correct (I changed time and applied just to be sure). Mails to other individuals in the company are fine (they use the same TS and Outlook 2003) This is annoying as new mails are now at the bottom ...... Help!!!!! Thanks ...

Deleted User in AD and Added back in
Another deleted AD user problem. Only this time it's a little different. 1. deleted user from AD without removing lic from CRM. 2. added user back to AD with same logon username. 3. removed MSCRM lic key from that user, and tried to add it back in which it would do... error "the selected object could not be found...." Anyone got any ideas on how to resolve this issue and maintain the relationships with all the object in the MSCRM database? THANKS! When you say you added user back to the AD i assume you have created a new user account with the same name. This means the link to...

Date/Time SOP Transaction Created
Is there any way to have GP or SQL record the time a transaction is created? There's a Created Date field in the SOP30200 table but the time is zero. Elaine, If you don't want to go as far as using the Activity Tracking feature in GP, then you can use this simple script: IF EXISTS (SELECT * FROM sys.objects WHERE object_id = OBJECT_ID(N'dbo.SOPActivityTracking') AND type in (N'U')) DROP TABLE dbo.SOPActivityTracking; CREATE TABLE SOPActivityTracking ( SOPTYPE smallint NOT NULL, SOPNUMBE char(21) NOT NULL, CREATDDT AS (getutcdate()), DEX_ROW_ID INT IDENTITY...

added ES_WANTRETURN but doesn't work
I added ES_WANTRETURN to CEdit but my dialog box still closes -- _____________________ www.maduckgames.com www.marek-knows.com >I added ES_WANTRETURN to CEdit but my dialog box still closes Well... Is that a multiline edit control? -- Guido Stercken-Sorrenti MVP - Visual Developer / Visual C++ "Marek Krzeminski" <mmarek@rogers.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:S72dnSsFmsa4x9TeRVn-ug@rogers.com... I made the CEdit control multiline but I still don't get the effect that I would like. I would like it if the user could type in their value into the edit field, ...

search for dates set by a formula
Hi all, I have a formula that filters out the weekend dates. The formula is: [code] =IF(WEEKDAY(DATE(jaar;1;1);1)=7;DATE(jaar;1;1)+2;IF(WEEKDAY(DATE(jaar;1;1);1)=1;DATE(jaar;1;1)+1;(DATE(jaar;1;1)))) [/code] the named value "jaar" is a defined named value pointing to a different cell that contains the value "2006" The next cells contains the following codes: [code] =IF((WEEKDAY(B4)+1)=7;B4+3;(IF((WEEKDAY(B4)+1)=1;B4+2;B4+1))) [/code] a third cell contains the code: [code] =b4 [/code] now I want to search for the row that contains the same date as in the third cell. (I kn...

Any way to autosave new file with creation date as filename?
Recently started using excel, and have started to realised just ho powerful it is. I have found the help files extremely useful, and hav managed to do pretty much all I wanted bar 2 things. The main problem have been unable to solve is: I have created a workbook template which contains 6 worksheets - on for each of Monday-Friday, and a summary sheet. The daily sheets ar used to input sales figures for 5 members of staff. What I would like to happen is: When the new workbook is created at the start of a week (monday), th relevant date is entered for each day (eg 1 Jan 2005) into the top le...

Copy formulas to next month
I have columns for each month of the year. I entered formulas into January and I need to copy the formulas to February. The problem is the formula isn't the same for the entire column (so I can't just drag all the way down) and I need to change the worksheet from which it gets the information. Is there any way to do this all at once? I have about 75 different worksheet to do this to and it took about a day to just get the formulas into each sheet for the first month. On Jul 2, 3:58=A0pm, Jennifer <Jenni...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have columns for each ...

Customer Due Dates
Due date on an SOP transaction is calculated from the order date and should be calculating on the invoice or fulfilled date. Is there a way to default the terms so they calculate on the invoice date? I just tried it and mine used the invoice date for the terms. You are starting off with an order document and then transferring to an invoice? "6538" wrote: > Due date on an SOP transaction is calculated from the order date and should > be calculating on the invoice or fulfilled date. Is there a way to default > the terms so they calculate on the invoice date? >...