add the 6 least numbers in a list

 I have a list of ten numbers and I want excel to add the 6 least
numbers. which formula should I use?
Eg if I have ; 9, 3, 8, 2, 7, 2, 5, 1, 4, 6. the numbers to be added
will be (1+2+2+3+4+5)= 17

thanks.
0
kwamena
3/22/2010 11:34:43 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Try

=SUMPRODUCT(--(SMALL(A1:A10,ROW(INDIRECT("1:6")))))

--

HTH

Bob

"kwamena banson" <virginbanson@gmail.com> wrote in message
> I have a list of ten numbers and I want excel to add the 6 least
> numbers. which formula should I use?
> Eg if I have ; 9, 3, 8, 2, 7, 2, 5, 1, 4, 6. the numbers to be added
> will be (1+2+2+3+4+5)= 17
>
> thanks.

0
Bob
3/22/2010 11:46:43 PM
Try =SUM(SMALL(F1:F10,{1,2,3,4,5,6}))

HTH
Regards,
Howard

"kwamena banson" <virginbanson@gmail.com> wrote in message
> I have a list of ten numbers and I want excel to add the 6 least
> numbers. which formula should I use?
> Eg if I have ; 9, 3, 8, 2, 7, 2, 5, 1, 4, 6. the numbers to be added
> will be (1+2+2+3+4+5)= 17
>
> thanks.

Some Contacts List messages going into Junk Mail folder
My wife and I use the same computer, and we have our separate email addresses set up in WLM. We also share the Contacts folder. Starting about a month or two ago, many of the messages from my wife's friends, who are in our Contacts folder, have been going repeatedly into her Junk Mail folder. Even clicking of the Not Junk option has failed to stem this flow. I have not had this experience with my email messages. What might we be missing in our setup? Gordon Biggar Hotmail type accounts for both email addresses ? - Hotmail.com, Live.com, Msn.com *Note: All Hotmai...

formula tu sum up to a number till 7
This is the data I have: 2 3 4 5 5 6 6 7 7 1 4 5 1 2 I want in column C to G cells to be filled till 7 starting to count from B and then starting again. Result I want: A B C D E F G 2 3 4 5 6 7 1 4 5 5 6 6 7 7 1 4 5 1 2 And so on... How can I do this... Thank you so much!!! I don't fully understand this. Why do you not show 2 as the starting value in column C? Why do you have a 1 after the 7? Is this the corresponding value from column B? Would C2 start with 4 and continue across until you next...

Can I add a domain to the Blocked Senders list?
I am just getting used to Outlook 2003 and trying to make use of the SP{AM filter. I see that when I right click on a message that one of the options id to add a sender to the "Blocked Senders List" Is there a way that I can also include the option to block a domain? Thanks Dunc Dunc wrote: > Is there a way that I can also include the option to block a domain? There is an easy way, if you're running Outlook 2003+SP1. Dunc wrote: > Is there a way that I can also include the option to block a domain? Right-click on any e-mail, choose (menu) Junk Mail, Junk Mail...

Discount Lists 01-28-05
Hey all, First time posting here! Have an issue with a discount list not applying to a Price List Item. It seems to be applied to the PLI, but when I bring up a quote, and say order 5 of something, they are still at the same unit price as if I ordered 1. Is there another place where I need to define the discount list? Also, is there a good CRM site that lists some FAQs or just a good site on CRM? Thanks! Michael Hi Michael When you open the discount price item under the price list is the discount list specified here? Thats quite a tongue twister! To answer your query on other ...

How can I asign a number value to a text line in Excel?
tI have a Backgammon Club with Internal Club Rankings that are in Text. I want my members to report their wins - 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place - in tournaments to my web site . I would like them to imput: their nickname, date of tournament, tournament Room #, tournament points played for, and host of the tournament. I would further like the calculation to display any change in Ranking as a text cell. Additionally, I want to show for the member, how many more points are needed to get to the next levle and what that (Text)level is. If there is a "what if" for this please advise. Ri...

Locking a Marketing List
I can't find any information about what it means to Lock a marketing list. I've searched the KB, the web, the Help, and the marketing automation training materials, but have not found any references to this and how it's used. What does this mean? Steve, Flagging a Marketing List as "locked" turns off the Manage Members functionality. It prevents you from being able to use the Advanced Find controls for adding, removing and evaluating marketing list members from the marketing list screens as well as selecting records from a list view and adding them to that list. Ho...

Add item discounting to inventory wizard
It would be infinately useful for me to be able to assign volume discounts to items based on MPQ and Regular, A, B, and C prices. For example. I sell an item that comes in a box quantity of 25. If a customer at any price level buys 25, the system discounts the item 10%. As it is now, I must go through item by item and enter this information. In my situation, I have thousands of items to update every time prices change. So it would be nice to simply say "if [MPQ] of item is purchased, discount 10%". ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft r...

storing multiple list selections in access
i have 2 tables, table a and table b. is it possibile for a control bound to table a (a list box, with multiple selections eneabled) to be able to select multiple records from table b, and store them? i.e. table A record 1 has table B records 1,2,3,4,8,12, and so on selected while Table A record 2 only has table B records 3, 8 and 15 selected, and so on.. is there some way to store those selections within table A? for those curious, i'm making a character sheet for an RPG.. table A is the actual sheet, while B is the list of spells.. i'm looking for a way to store which spells each ...

How to find a value with multi-column, multi-record list
I have a spreadsheet with $costs arranged according to values in both rows and columns. How do I create drop down lists for both the rows and columns and then return the cell value? eg if I have 5 rows (2-6) and 6 columns (B-G) with costs arranged in each cell within this group how do I create drop downs for each selection, 2-6 and B-G, and return the value to a selected cell. In a typical table of this nature there would be descriptive row and column headers. To do a lookup on this table you would then look for the intersection of a specific row header and a specific column ...

option to show or hide social security number throughout system
Now that identify theft is a big issue, a great feature in HR and/or UPR would be an option to hide or show SS# on windows and reports. I'm having to cusomize HR and Payroll reports just to remove the SS#. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://ww...

Check Number format
In Great Plains our checks were initially set up with 20 zeros. For some reason when running the Vendor check request report on some of the PC’s (on screen and to the printer) the entire check number does not show up so it was requested that we remove 8 of the leading zeros. I went into Cards>>Financial>>Checkbook and pulled up the appropriate checkbook and removed the leading zeros from Next Check Number and Next Deposit. When I print the report, the zeros are still visible. Am I changing the correct field or will this change not affect existing numbers in the report I...

Move gridlines in a chart so that they are above the numbers
I have done a chart in excel and the gridlines are set so that the y axis numbers are inbetween the gridlines. When I choose minor gridlines I get double the gridlines. I just want a gridline above each number in my y axis Double click the axis that intersects the gridlines, and on the Scale tab, uncheck Axis Crosses Between Categories. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Tara Medway" <Tara Medway@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:47400C54-74B4-4E67-93AD-AE8B3F09BE47@microsoft.com...

Data entered from list automatically enters number in another cell
I am using Excel 2007 and here is an simplified example of what I need. Items Price Potatoes 4.35 Apples 5.55 Oranges 7.95 Onions 4.55 Carrots 3.75 Items Column is List for Valid entries in table below Prices are the numbers I want entered when I enter the Item If I enter Oranges from Dropdown List in A16 , I want Excel to automatically enter the number 7.95 3 columns over in D16,or if it is quite a bit easier, just 1 column over in cell B16 Example of table I want: My Entries: Excel Enters ...

Auto Number
Hi - In tblProvider I have ProcessYear and ProviderProcessNumber fields. In the bound form, frmProvider, I would like txtProcessProviderNumber to increment by 1 on each new record each new record entered during the Year. The year will be entered manually by the user via combo box in text field. Once the Process year changes to a new year I would want the numbers to start all over at 1. How can I do this. Any help would be greatly appreciated. -- Gary i n Michigan, USA GaryS wrote: >Hi - In tblProvider I have ProcessYear and ProviderProcessNumber fields. In >the bound form,...

sum numbers and ignore text
Hi there, I need some help please. I have a row of numbers and text and I need to sum the numbers only. How to do? a1 a2 a3 a4 a5 1 dnr 3 4 dnr total 8 thanks in anticipation ditchy Ditchy, a simple SUM formula will do it, since the SUM worksheet function ignores text values. So in your example, it's =SUM(A1:A5). -- DDM "DDM's Microsoft Office Tips and Tricks" Visit us at www.ddmcomputing.com "ditchy" <ditchy@ncable.net.au> wrote in message news:dda1ad29.0405221934.5787f60f@posting.google.com... > Hi there, I need some help please. I have a row...

imported distributions lists show as contacts
Client exported his Contacts containing several Distribution Lists, then imported into a new system. Teh imported DL's show up as separate Contact Lists...how, why, and more importantly, is there a simplified way to correct? Version of Outlook they were exported from and imported into? How did you import them? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net ...

Sorting lists side by side to match variables
Hello everyone, I have a problem that I need to find a solution for. I have a list o all the stores with a particular trait that carry my at least one of m items. Then, I have a list for each item with all the stores tha carry that particular item. What I want to do is sort this data s that the store numbers under each item are matched up with th corresponding store numbers in the master store list. I'll give you a example of the problem. Here is what the data looks like now: Master Item 1 Item 2 Item 3 Item 4 1 2 3 1 3 2 4 2 4 3 4 4 And here is what I would like it to look...

Line Numbering
Can I add line numbers to an excel spreadsheet? If so, how? Thanks "Ernie" <edeleon68@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:126f501c3f6ef$e59575e0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Can I add line numbers to an excel spreadsheet? If so, > how? > Thanks Use the formula =ROW() copied down. Hi do you neet the row numbers on your printout? If yes goto 'File - Pagesetup - Table' and check the option to inlcude row and column headings -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Ernie wrote: > Can I add line numbers to an excel spreadsheet? If so, > how? > Thanks ...

List of File Extensions
Is there a list somewhere that contains the file extensions used in Office 2003 applications? I need to backup files before re-installing my OS. These include files that store settings, customizations, macros, Outlook address books, etc. ...

Discussion lists with Echange Server 2003
Does anyone know if you can setup a discussion list with Exchange server 2k3? I have looked and and looked for the answer but I don't ever get exactly what I am looking for. Thanks. Here you go: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;821904 Danny pbisucks@hotmail.com "Richard Phippen" wrote: > Does anyone know if you can setup a discussion list with Exchange server 2k3? > I have looked and and looked for the answer but I don't ever get exactly what > I am looking for. > Thanks. ...

How do I use alpha page numbers (e.g., B-3a, B-3b, B-3c, etc.) in.
I am using Excel 2003 and need to use incrementing alpha page numbers (e.g., B-3a, B-3b, B-3c, etc.). Excel 2003 help only refers to numeric page numbers. Is there a way to format the page numbers to use incrementing alpha page numbers? I was hoping to see a better reply to your question, but a day has gone by so here is my $0.02. If you must, you can always similate the footer in the worksheet, just have to be consistent with row heights, etc. This might be more trouble than it's worth, but if want to try here's a formula that might help. =IF(QUOTIENT(COLUMN()-1,26)=0,"...

Record Number 04-17-10
I'm migrating an ACC03 database to an ACC07 database. On a particular form, the users claim that in the 03 database they could scroll through the record numbers (the record numbers at the bottom left of the form) in date order, rather than how they were entered -- by record number). Could this be done in ACC03? Can it be done in ACC07? Thanks Jeff Jeffrey Marks wrote: >I'm migrating an ACC03 database to an ACC07 database. > >On a particular form, the users claim that in the 03 database they >could scroll through the record numbers (the record numbers ...

Create list of worksheets
Can anyone help me with this problem. I have a workbook based on th attached workbook. It uses a macro to find data in worksheets with a 'x' in a column. What I need to do is , that when the the macro i clicked, it puts which sheet the data came from in column E in th special order worksheet. Can anyone help +------------------------------------------------------------------- |Filename: CheckSheetsOrders.zip |Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=3650 +------------------------------------------------------------------- --...

sale notebook PENTIUM 4 for 400$ vlad1999@list.ru
sale notebook PENTIUM 4 for 400$ vlad1999@list.ru ...

how can i increase number of rows beyone 65536 in excel sheet
the maximum of number of rows that are available in an excel sheet are only 65536,i would like to enhance it to my choice. Plase mail me how can i do it ,either by writing a macro , or other way. please also mail me the entire procedure, where to correct and where to run the macro etc. You want the car washed and the dog taken out as well? There is no way of extending this, use a database or multiple sheets -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "increasing number of rows in excel sheet" <increasing number of rows in excel sheet@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5F6...