Add a tick in a cell

Hi all,

I want to add a tick sign in a cell, but I don't know where to find a tick
sign.

Anyone can help ?

et

0
elingtse (24)
9/6/2005 3:18:51 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

"et" <elingtse@rediffmail.com> wrote in

> I want to add a tick sign in a cell, but I don't know where to find a
> tick sign.

You could either use a tich box or a symbol font. Wingdings has one under
Alt-0252

--

It is I, DeauDeau
(Free after monsieur Leclerc in 'Allo, 'allo)
"et" <elingtse@rediffmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> I want to add a tick sign in a cell, but I don't know where to find a tick
> sign.

I've never hear of a "tick sign" character.  Single-quote (or apostrophe),
double-quote, backquote, umlaut, tilde, and some others, but not tick sign.
Please elaborate.  Presumably it is some character other than what you can
find using Character Map or Alt+nnnn keys.  Or maybe you mean to add a tick
within a cell which is the identifier that a Comment was added to that cell.

E-mail: Remove "NIX" and add "#LAH" to Subject.

Formatting Cell problem
Hello guys, I have one frustrating problem. I copied a table from Amsouth Bank and pasted it into Excel. I then wanted to do some calculations. No matter how i formatted the cell whether Number or Currency the number always appeared on the left hand side and would not calculate. Number are supposed to be aligned right. Any suggestions. This is frustrating! Thanks! Hi - select an empty cell and copy this cell - select your imported numbers - goto 'Edit - Paste Special' and choose 'Add' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Jacob" <Jacob@discussions.mic...

Cell Greater Than Cell in Adjacent Column
A B C D 1 112.44 106.92 Y is A1>B4 2 104.90 96.03 N is A2>B4 3 109.71 103.46 N is A3>B4 4 115.74 111.50 Y is A4>B8 5 111.55 110.40 N is A5>B8 6 112.85 112.56 N is A6>B8 7 113.27 113.80 N is A7>B8 8 118.58 114.59 Y is A8>B9 9 118.25 115.85 Y is A9>B12 10 99.75 115.83 N is A10>B12 11 100.25 104.14 N is A11>B12 12 103.69 101.00 Y is A12>B13 13 103.58 99.84 Y is A13>B14 14 107.99 100.75 Y is A14>B15 15 106.33 104.27 I have two columns to which data is entered at the top by inserting a blank row and then adding the data points. The formula that I would ...

One cell from several sheets to one column
I have a spreadsheet with over 200 tabs/worksheets. I want to copy the same cell from every worksheet into one sheet into a single column. The worksheets have unique names. Is a macro the easiest way to move the data? If so, how can I set the macro up to go through each tab, so I don't have to go to each tab and run the macro separately? Thanks, Kel Examples of sheet names and what cell you want? -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03 ------------------------------------------------------------...

make row height a little bigger in a wrapped cell
I've got a sheet with columns at work date text (sometimes multi-line wrapped) $ nnnn.nn I can wrap text no problem but I hope approximate double spacing so I don't have to put a blank row between each item. I need the space between items so the text isn't squashed all together for a court form I guess I want to be able to say height of cell necessary for the wrapped text however much it might be plus n for each row height. I can't find a way. Is it possible? Excel 2002 Win xp Thanks for your help. If you're using merged cells, then this w...

Outlook Com Add-in
The Com-add will not stay checked and load the CRM toolbar. Any ideas? Also I am only showing three folders, search, delete and customer forms under Microsoft CRM. I have installed several times but keep getting the same result. We have other workstations where it installed fine. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Clyde HAve you just tried removing the COM addin then restarting outlook and adding it back in then restarting outlook? Did you get any errors during the install? In some cases that i have had this happen either you can pay for support from Microsoft. But what has ...

Split Cell into the cell
Hello people how can i split a cell in half A 1 Tom 2 dick/harry (break dick and harry) Thanks Raj To separate the two into two different columns, try......... Data > TextToColumns > using / as the delimiter.......... Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "Raj" <Raj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:159CD0DF-13E0-40A9-8CDA-3258B842BF34@microsoft.com... > Hello people how can i split a cell in half > > A > 1 Tom > 2 dick/harry (break dick and harry) > > Thanks > Raj ...

coloring cells
I want to alternate colors between successive rows. One blue one white, the next one blue and the next white and so on to the end of my worksheet. It there a easier way than to hold the control key and click on each row? Question # 2 when I sort will the colors stay with the row or will they move with the sort. Is there a way to get the colors to stay even when I sort? You can use conditional formatting which applies the colour using the Mod() function: http://www.ozgrid.com/Excel/alternate-row-color.htm After sorting, every second row remains the same colour as before sorting. ...

Receive an error message when try to add a chart to a workbook
Hi!; When I'm using Excel has faced a problem. When I add multiple charts in a workbook, eventually the excel system prompts me an error "No more new fonts may be applied in this workbook". I have checked the problem in Microsoft Knowledge base and based on the knowledge this problem occurs because of the Auto scale setting. So I followed the instruction to edit the registry value and also disable auto scale in each charts. However when I retry to add some more charts in same workbook but the same error still came out, so the problem still can not solve. Therefore anyone ...

Add-in damaged Excel
Hi! I just saved a signature creating macro on our server as an add-in. This way I can install the add-in on all our workstations and by that give everyone easy access to the macro. All worked well at first. However, after a small modification of the code, and a new save-as add-in, my Excel just wouldn't start. "There was an error starting this add-in..." and so on. I'm asked to send a report to Microsoft and then Excel shuts down. I have unistalled Office and reistalled it again, but still the same problem. Does anyone have an idea hat I should do next? A register proble...

Autoincrementing cell in Template
I am currently creating a template. My final stumbling block is creating an auto incrementing cell in the template. What I want to happen is that every time the template is opened, the next sequential number fills in the cell. The format I am looking for is basically yy-#####. For example, the first time it is used this year, it would assign the cell to 04-00001, followed by 04-00002, etc. I am lost on how to do this. Any ideas? Thanks, Andy -- Using M2, Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/m2/ Hi one way (using the Windows registry for storing the last ...

How to add the date after the "A1"
Hi, I type "The information gathered as of March 9, 2008" on cell "A1" Is there a way to make a date default like "The information gathered as of " & Date (default). Your help would be much apprecated. ="The informations gathered as of "&TEXT(TODAY(),"mmmm d, yyyy") -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel <learning_codes@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:c11a1bfc-65ba-4cf3-bdef-c28bdcc19c1d@8g2000hse.googlegroups.com... | Hi, | | I type "The information gathered as of March 9, 2008" on cell "A1&q...

Selective enabling of add ons
It would be nice if IE would allow me to enable add-ons for certain web pages. For example, I need flash installed to access my Bank. But I get annoyed by all the flash-based ads on other websites. I would like to enable flash for my Bank & youtube only. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and th...

Copying spinners for each cell in Excel 2003?
I have an inventory tracking sheet that keeps track of my inventory. I've added in a spinner control to increase/decrease a value in a certain cell. In my worksheet, the value is located in column E, and the spinner control is in column F. I have about 200 spinners to add, and need to fill down the links to it's adjacent cell. I found something related to checkboxes, but how do I adapt it for the spinner control? The first value is in E3, and the first spinner is in F3. Create 200 spiners in F3:F203 and link to E3:E203 Sub add_spinners_and_links() Dim myRng As Range Dim Spnr...

Hyperlink to cell within the same Workbook
I Have a workbook with about 30 sheets, I named cells contained essential information. With so many sheets I decided to make another one and I call it Summary. In this sheet I created a search with 3 droplists that are linked to functions. Know I need make a link to the cell that contains the result of my search, so I can see the items that have contributed for the result. I have tried the funtion "Hyperlink" but it only works with files or url and I can't make it work within the workbook. How can I make a hyperlink within an workbook? Make an hyperlink to a cell in a...

Specialized Cell Formatting
I have a column that contains a string of numbers, but I need to have it formatted in a customized way using a few .'s. And I want to know if there is any way I can set the formatting for this column so that it will automatically change all the cells in this column without me having ot manually do it. Here's an example of what I need: In each column a string of numbers like: 123456789012345 The string of numbers need to be formatted like so: 123456.78.901234.5 The column is already filled with numbers in the first example. Can I somehow automate the formatting of this string of nu...

IF COUNTIF & COUNTA on Filtered Visible Cells
Hi, Using the Formulae below, I can obtain the required data from the Columns in a non-filtered state. Column T: =IF(COUNTIF($V$10:$V10,$V11),COUNTA(INDIRECT("V"&U11+1&":V"&ROW()))-1,COUNTA($V$10:$V10)) Column U (helper column): =MAX(IF($V$10:$V10=$V11,ROW($V$10:$V10))) Column V: Text Data However, I also need to retrieve filtered data, and so require Formulae that will take into account Filtered Visible Cells and not the Non-Filtered data in the columns. Can the formulae be adapted to work on Filtered Visible Cells. Thanks Tin� -- Tin� --------------...

Auto height rows
I am working in Excel 2000 for Windows with cells that are NOT merged. The individual cells have varying amounts of data (anywhere from a few characters to over 1000 characters). All text is wrapped. When I double click on the row to auto height, it adjusts the height but the printed version still cuts off text. In most cases the row height does not come anywhere near 409.5 pixels. I saw the problem with bottom aligned text, but all my cells are top aligned. I am working with 19 files that include at least four worksheets with 300+ rows of data. It's getting time consuming to re...

sheet tabs as page number and in a cell page of pages?
i have looked a little but can't find what i think is the right thing. i have a workbook with 3-4 pages in it. in the upper righthand corner is a page of pages cells set up. i want to have it grab the current tab(page) for one cell and the rest of the tabs(pages) for the other cell. i am not very good at the coding VB thing so exact instructions would be grately appreciated. i have tried a few of the suggestions but cannot get them to work. i am using excel 2002. TIA ...

Chart should read as blank cell not as 0,it shows blank but reads
A B c 1 Project Start Date Jan-10 2 Project Duration 25 3 Project Cost 1000000 In B6 i wriiten formula IF(ROWS($1:2)-1>C$2,"",ROWS($1:2)-1) In D6 i written formula IF(B6="","",B6/$C$2) in E6 i writtend formula IF(D6<=33.33%,(($I$1*D6^2)*100),IF(D6<=66.67%,($I$2*D6+$I$3),IF(D6>=66.67%,($I$4+$I$5*D6+$I$6*...

Javascript to retrieve Gridview cell text
This is a Label in ItemTemplate i wish to use javascript to put <%# Eval("Organization") %> in a textbox How can i take the text value of <%# Eval("Organization") %>? put this - onmousedown="alert(<%# Eval("�ӽо��c") %>)" ??? thanks for any ideas? *********************** <asp:Label ID="Label11" runat="server" Text='<%# Eval("Organization") %>' ></asp:Label> &nbsp;<asp:Label ID="Label2" runat="server" Text='<%# Eval("Depart...

Duplicate Cells
I have a very large, 2 column spread sheet. Every other row is a duplicate. How can i, easily delete the duplicate rows and/or cells? sorry i made a mistake. it isn't work. >-----Original Message----- >I have a very large, 2 column spread sheet. Every other >row is a duplicate. How can i, easily delete the duplicate >rows and/or cells? >. > Lanny Assuming that it is every other row you want to keep, use a column alongside your data and put =MOD(ROW(),2) and fill this down. Select the column of results, Copy, Paste Special/Values. You can now sort on this column...

Forms Check Box cell link
Excel 2003 I am using a check box created with the Forms menu. I created a box over cell D4. Using the Format Control box, I linked the check box to cell D4. I want to copy the check box in cell D5, D6, D7,.... and I want the cell link to integrate in the same mannor; check box in cell D5 should link to cell D5, and so on. Is there a way to accomplish this short of going into the format control box and manually editing each cell link after I have copy and pasted several check boxes? I have NOT entered the link using an absolute cell referense. I got the idea for this from Dav...

clearing a cell
I'm trying to put the date in a single cell but another number is popping up when i click enter. How can I get the date to stay and not that other number? What date and what number? -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03 ------------------------------�------------------------------�---------------- It's easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission :-) ------------------------------�------------------------------�---------------- "ahegg" <ahegg@discussions.microsoft.com> wro...

remove com add-ins in Office 2007
I have Chinese menues appearing when I enter Access, which I have traced to a Com Add-In. I have found a way to disable it, but want to remove it permanently. When I try to remove it a message says only an administrator can remove the Add-In. I am the administrator for Windows operating system on my computer, but cannot remove a Com Add-In within Access. What am I missing or doing wrong? What operating system? If Vista or Win 7, find msaccess.exe wherever it is in Program Files, right-click on it and select Run as Administrator. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http:...

How to Add Columns to "Blank" MS Project?
Is there a way to add columns to "Blank" project that comes up when I click on File/New? I want to always have Text1, Text2, etc with the names Renamed on every Project file I open. This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0014_01CAC558.64747C70 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi TKGerdie, Welcome to this Microsoft Project newsgroup :-) The best way is to set up a project as you want it and then save it as a = template. Please see FAQ Item: 8. New Project Template. ...