Add a number based on list of criteria ??

Example: Cell A = 50, Cell B = 96%, Cell C = Cell A + (Cell A x Cell
B) = 98

I want to be able to compare the list of criteria and add a number to
Cell C accordingly
For example: If Cell B is between 95 and 100%, Add 1 to the total in
Cell C
If between 85 and 94%, add 2... etc.

There are more than 7 so I know I can't simply nest If statements...
Any advice on how I could fairly simply accomplish this?

TIA!
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

One way:

Put your % bands in a table (say in J1:Kx, e.g.:

        J           K
1       0          11
2       5%         10
3       15%         9
10      85%         2
11      95%         1
12      100%        0

Then

C1:     =(1+B1)*A1+VLOOKUP(B1,J1:K12,2,TRUE)

In article <e8e4051b.0408050940.2c58dfd0@posting.google.com>,
 michellep@stupid.com (Michelle) wrote:

> Example: Cell A = 50, Cell B = 96%, Cell C = Cell A + (Cell A x Cell
> B) = 98
>
> I want to be able to compare the list of criteria and add a number to
> Cell C accordingly
> For example: If Cell B is between 95 and 100%, Add 1 to the total in
> Cell C
> If between 85 and 94%, add 2... etc.
>
> There are more than 7 so I know I can't simply nest If statements...
> Any advice on how I could fairly simply accomplish this?
>
> TIA!
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)
8/5/2004 6:20:12 PM
Would this do it?

=A1+(A1*B1)+IF(B1<44%,7,IF(B1<54%,6,IF(B1<64%,5,IF(B1<74%,4,IF(B1<84%,3,IF(B
1<94%,2,1))))))

"Michelle" <michellep@stupid.com> wrote in message
> Example: Cell A = 50, Cell B = 96%, Cell C = Cell A + (Cell A x Cell
> B) = 98
>
> I want to be able to compare the list of criteria and add a number to
> Cell C accordingly
> For example: If Cell B is between 95 and 100%, Add 1 to the total in
> Cell C
> If between 85 and 94%, add 2... etc.
>
> There are more than 7 so I know I can't simply nest If statements...
> Any advice on how I could fairly simply accomplish this?
>
> TIA!

0
dave384 (9)

number rounding in MS Excel

Add PowerPoint 2007 to Office Basic

how many receivers i can add

Phone Number Filtering

Fractions Number format

Roman and Arabic numbers in SEQ
Running 2003 on XP. Got a doc that has SEQ numbering. The code is: ARTICLE{seq level0\h\r0}{seq level1\h\r0} etc. to level 7 and the last entry is {seq level0\r1\*ROMAN) This displays ARTICLE I The next level down is has this code: {seq level0\c\*ROMAN}.{seq level1\r1 \*arabic} This displays as : I.1, with numbers until article five displaying as V.1, V.2, etc. I want it to display as 1.1, 1.2, etc. I tried replacing the ROMAN with arabic, but it didn't change anything. I have spent hours trying to figure this out. Using reveal formating and styles, they are no styles...

Invoice Numbers 10-27-07

Rounding Numbers #3

Need to add to current formula

Auto calc YTD Numbers
Cells A1:L1 equal "Jan" thru "Dec". M1 equals "YTD". Cells A2:L2 equal numeric values. If you haven't guessed it already, I would like M2 to sum all the values A2:L2 for those months previous and including the current month (but not future months). What is the best way for going about this Here are 2 ways =SUM(OFFSET($A$2,,,,MATCH(TEXT(TODAY(),"mmm"),$A$1:$L$1,0))) or =SUM(OFFSET($A$2,,,,MONTH(TODAY()))) hopefully your computer's clock is accurate -- For everyone's benefit keep the discussion in the newsgroup. Regards, Peo Sjo...

Sum a group of numbers
When I first started using Excel, if I had a bunch of different totals on a worksheet, I could hold down the right mouse button and cover the group I wanted to add. The sum of these numbers would appear on the bottom of either the worksheet or a task bar. I have lost the ability to do this. Or I have lost the task bar. How do I get it back? Hi Barbie, That would be the status bar. If it is not showing, go to View>Status Bar to turn it on. If the sum function is still not showing, right click anywhere on the status bar and select which option you want. HTH Martin "Barbie...

IM Add New Batch
GP 10 on 2003 Terminal Server. How do you create a Payables Batch in the IM in preparation for importing to the Payables Transaction destination? Alternatively, how must GP be set up to ensure that the “Add New Batch” rule works correctly? With the Add New Batch rule set the IM crashes (see my post Integration Manager 10 Crashes). Additionally the characteristics of the Add New Batch rule do not match the required information which I understand to be Origin and Checkbook ID. I figured there might be some default settings for Origin and Checkbook ID in the setup somewhere but was not a...

Format List Box!

Entering More than 15 numbers
I'm trying to import numbers that are 25 characters in length. When I do this (or even if I enter over the 15 character limit) I get an overflow number. How do I enter or import numbers greater than 15 digits and have it display the entire number. I am using Office XP. precede with an apostrophe to get text, Excel's limit for numbers is 15 digits precision -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Mike" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:308101c428be$93500a10$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I'm trying to import numbers that are 25 characters in > lengt...

List the UNIQUE certain fields from the database
Dear Experts, Please help related to the above subject. From this discussion, got the following formula which is work well and faster for small of database. =OFFSET($G$1,MATCH(0,MMULT(--TRANSPOSE(TRANSPOSE(DATA)=I$1:I1),ROW(INDIRECT("1:"&ROW()-1))/ROW(INDIRECT("1:"&ROW()-1))),0)-1,0,1,1) where $G$1, the first row of DATA. how to convert it to VBA as this time i have a huge database. for Tab Data, Advanced, Unique Record only (works well also, but i need the VBA). basically we would like to do similar like this: Data Sample Vendor Name A B...

distibution list / updating
when we update our contacts how can we get outlook to update our distribution lists at the same time. What do you mean exactly? Can you give an example? Also what version of Outlook are you using? T. >-----Original Message----- >when we update our contacts how can we get outlook to >update our distribution lists at the same time. >. > That's what the Update Now button is for. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "wayne" <wayne@anandasacramento.org> wrote in message news:05ba01c3d4be$e83a5e80$a301280a@phx.gbl... > when we update our contacts how can we g...

ACC: How to Display Line Numbers on Subform Records
I found this article on MS' website http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q120913/ but ran into problems when I pasted the code and tried to compile it. It gives a Compile Error: Method or data member not found when it reached the line below: RS.FindFirst "[" & KeyName & "] = " & KeyValue and it highlights "FindFirst". I have a sub-form (child) of a parent form's and I have a variable in the child that the user currently manually increments from 1,2,3 and so forth. Can this not be done w/o the user's intervention? Hi, ...