Ad Hoc Reporting #2

Hi,

I am putting together an ad hoc report in Excel. My query is in the VB
editor. I am trying to specify criteria

Select x,y,z where...

in the WHERE, I am struggling.

I want to take a range of ids specified in the worksheet, F2:F55.

So

Select x, y, z where IDs IN ( F2:F55 )

I tried to use WHERE IN ( Range(F2:F55) ) but it did not like it.

What syntax should I use to make this work? Thanks!
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Comparing 2 series of data
Hello, I have a question regarding scatter (XY) charts on Excel 2000. I have 2 series of data that I want to compare with one another. I have plotted both series of data on a scatter (XY) chart in order to compare the 2 series in terms of the relationship between variables, X and Y. In addition, I have included a 2nd order polynomial trendline for each series so that the graph contains 2 trendlines (one for each data series). I want to know if there's a way for me to compare these 2 series of data (possibly using slopes of the trendlines) and obtain p values and confidence in...

Custom Report
Hi, I need to add a new custom report in CRM. Can I do this? If yes, kindly let me know the steps. Thanks in advance, Jaison. To add a new report, (or to customise and existing report) you need to have Crystal Reports v9.2.2.2 (For CRM v1.2). This is a separate product and can be purchased. The Crystal that comes with CRM only allows you to view the providd reports. HTTH Gill >-----Original Message----- >Hi, > >I need to add a new custom report in CRM. Can I do this? If yes, kindly let >me know the steps. > >Thanks in advance, >Jaison. > > >. >...

Converting access report to pdf format
hi I wrote a database that, among other things, prints a variety of reports for my clients. Once each report is done, I run a program called pdfWriter to convert each report to a pdf file. (When this program is installed, I select the printer called pdfWriter then print the file. It doesn't actually print a physical copy but saves the file in pdf format.) Then I e-mail these pdf reports to the clients. What I'm looking for are ways that I could automate this process from Access. Can this be done? If so, could someone point me in the right direction. Any clues would be grea...

Update pass through query of report recordsource
I am working on upsizing my access backend database to SQL Server. I have linked all sql tables to the frontend and am now running into the issue of slow performance on one of the reports. One way to improve that I thought was to change the recordsource query (which is a saved query) to a pass through query. However there are form controls that drive the parameters. So I was wondering if a better way to do this is to create the sql query string in vba and then set the report record source. Is this a viable option? Is there a better way? Please ask any leading questions i...

open report default view; is this a setting?
All reports in my application seem to open by default in "fit" view, is hter any way to change that to for example 100% view 1) by changing a setting, 2) by using code? Thxs-Philip Philip: You probably have the report's Autosize property set to Auto. To fix this, follow these steps: 1. Open the report in design view. 2. Open the report's property sheet (View, Properties). 3. Click the Format tab. 4. Change the AutoSize property to "No". Regards Geoff "phleduc" <Ph.Leduc@REMOVEcomcast.net> wrote in message news:%23OXJrjWmHHA.476...

Please quote.dot for 1.2 its really urgent

Cannot connect outlook 2007 to exchange 2003 via LAN #2
Hello there, I got a new laptop for work running Vista and outlook 2007 and no matter how many times I tried setting it up to connect to the exchange server 2003, I always get the message that outlook is not connected and it needs to be connected to complete this action.... I used to have a laptop running XP and outlook 2003 and it worked fine with the same mailbox settings. Any ideas please? ...

Vlookup? #2
Can I use VLOOKUP to look up data in a data base and total multiple values associated with the lookup number in a range? Example: Database # $ 700 $325. 650 $225. 310 $110. 700 $500. 115 $475. 700 $125 Result #700= $950 --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Vlookup is not the tool to use here. Try using SUMIF, it will fit the task nicely. (Also look at COUNTIF, DSUM for similar functions) --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ As Kieran says, try SUMIF instead of VLOOKUP Here's some steps to ease you-in on using ...

CStatic #2
How can I resize CStatic (Picture) in the design time? Assign an ID to your static control, other than the default IDC_STATIC id. Say IDC_MYPICTURE. Now associated a member variable of type CStatic control, to this ID using the class wizard. Say m_MyPicture. Finally call m_MyPicture.MoveWindow(..) in order to resize the control. -- Cheers Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP] ----------------------------------- "Oliver Young" <none> wrote in message news:%23OX6eDDtDHA.424@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > > How can I resize CStatic (Picture) in the design time? > ...

how do i merge 2 rows of data into one
I am trying to combine data from 2 rows so that i can use the data as one row which will enable me to sort the data accordingly. Hi you may provide some more details how your data is structured and how you want to combine it -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "willid" <willid@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:14D9237F-69DA-4696-AC15-38585C65B28E@microsoft.com... > I am trying to combine data from 2 rows so that i can use the data as one row > which will enable me to sort the data accordingly. You can't merge data without losing parts ...

adding number only if CDN is displayed in next cell
I have a list of sales for Canadian and US Customers. I marked in the column besides the sales amount if it is CDN or US. How can I add the CDN or the US Sales only. Thanks for your help. Use SUMIF() See HELP for details -- Kind regards, Niek Otten "ED" <ED@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7B61595A-17DD-4254-A46F-A8D26BF0D9AB@microsoft.com... >I have a list of sales for Canadian and US Customers. I marked in the >column > besides the sales amount if it is CDN or US. > > How can I add the CDN or the US Sales only. > > Thanks for y...

GL Year End Closing #2
After we ran the GL year end close the Year End Closing Report does not balance. Also the retained earnings amount is incorrect. I checked and all of the P&L accounts have a beginning balance of zero. Has anyone run into this and how can I find what accounts are off and correct them? -- Ladd Sustar Ladd, Have you checked your GL Trial Balance for the new year to see if it balances and the correct RE balance is reflected? If it does, maybe there's a problem with the Year End Closing Report itself. If your new GLTB doesn't balance the first thing I would do is start compar...

Report Writer should allow more than 80 chars in Static Field txt
Report Writer does not allow to have more than 80 characters in the static fields text. Only option would be to align them and this results in spaces between them..This issue should be looked upon ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.c...

DATE Formulas #2
Hello, I wrote last time: I want to know what I will get paid TODAY, THIS WEEK or by the MONTH. I don't know how to get the Day (C2),Week (D2) and Month.(E2). Thanks for those who helped. Now: I must add that if today is Thursday I need to know what I will get paid Thursday - Saturday for the week and from the 29th - 30th of the month. In other words for the week and Month calculations it must be going forward from the current day not for the entire week or month if that time has past. If the weekday is Tuesday then I need from Tuesday to Saturday. What formula can I use to accomplish this...

OE blocks attachments #2
I cant open my attachments (word) it says *OE remove acces to unsafe attachments*..and I know for a fact its not an unsafe document. What would be the problem? And what is OE ?? Thanks for helping. "Christine" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:b2eb01c43727$c1ff1af0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I cant open my attachments (word) it says *OE remove > acces to unsafe attachments*..and I know for a fact its > not an unsafe document. What would be the problem? Tools-Options-Security for the 150,000th time. Did you not do ANY research AT ALL before ...

Report from multiple queries 05-22-07
I like to use the same report format but different query for each output. Right now, I have one report for one query. One query is listing SharedAccount, the other is NoSharedAccount; the report is also RptSharedAccount and RptNoSharedAccount. However, the report format is the same only the query is different. How can I using the same report format to open certain query. I try the macro, but no luck. I don't know much about VB. -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com A couple of ways. Use a form to select which query to run. Use an option group and put it as criteria in ea...

suppress report detail
Hi, I have a main report that has 6 subreports on its detail section. Is there a way to suppress the main report if any of subreport doesn't have value, or empty? If I can not do it, suppress the main report, can we print off the main report without seeing any "empty" subreport? Please help Thanks Chi If the main report is actually bound to a table/query, then presumably you want to tell if any of the main report's related tables (the ones used in the subreport) lack data. You can then remove that record from the main report's source query so it doesn't pr...

Have E-mails available in 2 Locations to View
Is it possible (and easy) to configure 2 PC's to have the same e-mails? What I'm think of, instead of synchronizing via a memory stick that I would share out the "Outlook.pst" file which would be located on PC-1 in Location-1 over our network, then when I am in my remote location, my PC-2 in location-2 will look at this "Outlook.pst" file, thus having the same e-mails and not duplicates. We don't run Windows server just stand alone PC on a peer-to-peer network. Would what I have detailed above work? I'm just assuming that you can't have both PC&#...

Upgrade from 1.2 to 2.0
My RMS reseller upgraded me from 1.2 to 2.0. After doing so, none of my matrices work due to the fact that attributes and codes are not in the matrix dimensions. I have lost all customer purchase history, but I do have the totals they spent. I have lost all my purchase orders. They installed SQL express. I can not connect to either of my stores through HQ. Am I with the wrong reseller? Can someone help? Ouch- That has got to hurt- If I lost that Data, I would want to strangle someone. "lax guy" <laxguy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EDEE3830-4C03-4778-...

adding data
I want to add data to a current cell, can this be done? You can add to the value in a cell. For example to add 100 to a cell, or group of cells: Type 100 in an empty cell on the worksheet Select the cell that contains 100 Choose Edit>Copy Select the cells you want to increase Choose Edit>Paste Special Select Add, click OK Clear the cell in which you typed 100 diana wrote: > I want to add data to a current cell, can this be done? -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

working from 2 pc's
is there a convenient way to use a single money file from two different pcs? I bought money small business, in order to run my business as well as my home accounts. however, I also have an office space outside the home, and have need to create invoices from that location. Of course, I don't want to create the invoices in two different places. Any ideas? Smokii Someone here recently posted that they use an external hard drive, and that a USB memory device works as well. I'd think that would be the ideal way to do it. Other than that, it would be difficult to keep them in s...

2 copies coming into Inbox
I recently paid for a hotmail account so I could have larger storage and not get cancelled for any reasons such as not checking it often enough. I followed the instructions and put my service on Outlook Express. Now I'm receiving 2 of every message. What's up? Can I fix this? Thanks Darla ...

cost of Inventory at a past date...? In RMS 2.0
Hi, Does anyone figured out a way of knowing what the invntory was on Dec 31 2009? I can't find a report that would give me that info. RMS 2.0 Thanks, Sacha This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0062_01CAF8F0.C2C6D310 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Sacha, Check with Ryan @ RITE rsakry@rite.us as they have a custom report. = www.rite.us --=20 Jeff=20 Check Point Software Search this newsgroup -- http://tinyurl.com/2lmk4w (Stolen from DRS) =3D...

Report Columns Don't Ad Up
When I run a detailed sales report, the Total Sales, Cost & Profit columns don't add up. In theory, Total Sales - Cost = Profit. In this instance, the numbers don't add up. Not even close. What gives? Tom -- The worst words in business: "We''ve always done it that way" -- Stop Fishing for eMail. Tom, If I'm thinking the same report, the Detailed Sales report profit column only displays the profit per item, and not the extended profit. I think the same goes for costs, too. The columns need to have their formulas changed in the QRP file to account fo...

Consolidate Data #2
I'm looking to the experts on this one as I'm a very basic VBA user and not sure where to start. I'm looking for some help in buildig a macro that could do the following. Take a column of data such as below and then Consolidate the data 50 cells at a time with the data seperated by a semi-colon(no spaces) into 1 cell. For Instance: A 1 11111 2 11112 3 11113 4 ..... 2223 12223 to A 1 11111;11112;11113...etc 2 11151;11152;11153...etc I'm sure there's a way to do it. I'll be honest. I have ...