accounting (different) State holidays

This is a call to the quintessence - the fifth and highest source o
intelegence known to mankind (the WWW)

I work with performance reporting, the performance of an activity i
calculated by comparing the actual (number of days) with the agree
days for the activity

I use NETWORKING DAYS and can get the result.

But now I am going NATIONAL and the holidays in each state i
different, so I am not able to use the NETWORKING DAYS (with holidays
to meet my requirement

Can you please assist?

Thanks and regards,
Ra

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi Raj

Could you use an IF or CHOOSE function (to specify a different range)
nested within the "Holidays" argument of the NETWORKDAYS Function.

Excel Templates, Training, Add-ins & Business Software Galore!
Free Excel Forum http://www.ozgrid.com/forum ***
0
dave2624 (251)
5/7/2004 4:24:45 AM
This may not fit your data, but....

I created a holiday list for each state (actually, I used 2!).

I gave each holiday list a nice range name (like: ST_Holidays)
So I had IL_Holidays, Wi_holidays, Tx_Holidays, ...

Then my data was set up so that I had my dates and my state on each row.

I had the state in column A and the two dates in B1:C1.

Then in D1, I used this formula:
=NETWORKDAYS(B1,C1,INDIRECT(A1&"_Holidays"))

With IL in A1, that was equivalent to:
=NETWORKDAYS(B1,C1,IL_holidays)

But when I dragged it down, it used that state abbreviation in column A for each
row.

"Rajkumar1 <" wrote:

> This is a call to the quintessence - the fifth and highest source of
> intelegence known to mankind (the WWW)
>
> I work with performance reporting, the performance of an activity is
> calculated by comparing the actual (number of days) with the agreed
> days for the activity
>
> I use NETWORKING DAYS and can get the result.
>
> But now I am going NATIONAL and the holidays in each state is
> different, so I am not able to use the NETWORKING DAYS (with holidays)
> to meet my requirement
>
> Can you please assist?
>
> Thanks and regards,
> Raj
>
> ---

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com
0
ec35720 (10082)

Multiple Account Lookup fields
Hi all, These newsgroups have been an immense wealth of knowledge, thank you to all who contribute! I have one item that I'm struggling with. I have added a custom entity and added two N:1 relationships back to the accounts. This is giving me two lookup fields on the form for the custom entity which is what I wanted. However, what I didn't realised is I now show the custom entity twice on the Account form. I'll give an example of what I'm looking for, let's say I have a custom entity for a Building. What I want is to have a lookup field linked to an Account fo...

Problem opening files in excel with a specific account
Hi. We have problmes opening a couple of files in excel, without any specific error message. The application just "hangs". When we log on to WXP as another user, the files work fine. We have re-installed excel, deleted and recreated the user profile which has problems, but still no luck. Anybody got a clue why this is happening? The computer excel is running on is a DELL Optiplex Pentium HyperThreading machine. Thansk in advance. Sometimes cleaning up the windows Temp folder will help. If that doesn't help, sometimes the file that contains the toolbar customizations...

Setting up multiple accounts in Wndows live mail
I set up two accounts and I received messages from both accounts in to the default account. What do I need to correct? Do you mean that messages for both accounts are populating the same Inbox folder? If so, create another folder called Inbox2, for example, and then create a rule to move one of the account's messages in to it. "Bob" <Bob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4EE09688-A477-4AE8-BA74-5B7104BF951C@microsoft.com... > I set up two accounts and I received messages from both accounts in to the > default account. > What do I n...

E-mail accounts setup
Hi, I am new to Outllok. I use Outlook 2007 in both my desktop and my laptop. When I have to travel I copy the PST file to my laptop and viceversa. However, the e-mail account settings are not synchronized and some passwords lost , so I need to reconfigure all the accounts every time (4). Is there any solution for this or am I am missing something ? Thank you Bangali The rules & accounts are saved by the Office Save My Settings wizard. -- Kathleen Orland Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.howto-outlook.com/ "Bangali" wrote: > Hi, > I am new t...

Re-enabled AD account can't open it's mailbox
Hi, we just disable the wrong users AD account, so we renabled it and they now cannot access their mailbox: They error on the Exchange 2003 server is: Disabled user /o=Company name/ou=New York/cn=Recipients/cn=Joe.Bloggs does not have a master account SID. Please use Active Directory MMC to set an active account as this user's master account. Try this article http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=278966 Nebojsa Seslija "SW" <SW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A43EEC0E-D62D-4213-9BC4-503EAA12E40A@microsoft.com... > Hi, we just disable the wrong u...

Pls Help me for install different version office on one computer
As I have old version of account software I must keep MSWord 2000 & MSExcel 2000 on my computer. However,I only get license of standard version of office(without access 2000) I try to install office office XP(with access xp) on my computer. So I install office xp (choose access xp only) and I keep excel 2000 & word 2000 on the computer. However I found that I can't use " export" function to excel2000 on access xp. when I do it so,the computer become hang and no response.and then I can't open excel again. Thx help me for doing so I don't know if this will hel...

Comparing columns for duplicates/differences
I have a spreadsheet that contains 2 columns of information containing numbers. It was created by the query function from my AS400, saved in an excel spreadsheet, sent to a 3rd party for verification and then returned in a comma delimited format with the updated information (the first column being the info I provided, the second being the info that was returned). I then saved the worksheet in an excel format before running the test. I've tried comparing the information for discrepancies using the 'Worksheet Formula' method without success. I have also determined that i...

managed account test #2
This is a test to see if my account is showing up as a managed account. Todd, is it fixed yet? Craig This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0437_01C6E17C.8F50F680 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Craig, I think Todd is on vacation and I don't know if the replacements will = see it. Be patient. --=20 * Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader = to see and download the file attachment. If you are not using a rea...

Money 2004: Can't balance savings account
Hello, I'm trying to balance my saving account in Money 2004. This is the first time for this account. I fill in all the info such as statement date, ending balance, etc. Then when I hit "next" nothing happens. The dialog stays up and I can't continue. The only way to get out is to hit "cancel" which of course doesn't balance the account. Anybody know what's going on? Thanks, Boaz ...

SBS2008 wizard corrupts accounts randomly
On two different installations of SBS 2008 I have, after weeks of use, gone in to an account and checked the enforce email quota option to find that when I apply the change it complains that the email address is already in use, there is no way to save the settings. If I click cancel the change is not implemented and the user will be unable to receive email from SOME internal users. In todays problem I was using the Support account, the local administrator account I created during the install, and when I unchecked the Quota Limit and then clicked APPLY it complained that the em...

how to export email account in OL2002
how to export or save email accounts so you can import them back after you reinstall your windows/office? Thanks, ...

Money 2005
-- ... Hank http://horedson.home.att.net http://w0rli.home.att.net See reply in other post. ...

401k account setup
I'm currently running MS Money2004. Suddenly, after many years I went to setup a new 401k account for me. But,when the wizzard requires me to enter who the account belongs to, that drop down menu only gives me the choice of either my wifes first name, or her first & last name. When I manually type in my name & press enter I get an error message that only a max. of 2 names can be accepted by Money! This all happens despite the fact that Money has my name & my wife's correctly recorded under "personal information". Does anyone have a fix? Also, the help menu no long...

Different Versions of Publisher #2
I'm trying to take documents created at home on Windows XP Prof/Publisher and opening them at my son's school. When I try to open my docs, I get a message stating, "Can not open different versions." Is there a way around this? Save your Publication as a 2000 file. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/clipart/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/getting_started.htm news://msnews.microsoft.com "Cokie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:030a01c3d70f$f2571360$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I'm trying to take documents created at ...

UNICODE Export with different Separator?
Hi, when exporting from EXCEL with file type UNICODE the columns are seperated with TABS. How can I change this separator to semikolon? WINDOWS XP Professional SP2 with EXCEL 2002 SP2 Thanks, Ernst There is no way to change Excel's behavior, so you'd need to use a macro to create the file you want. I don't have one that creates unicode files unfortunately. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "Ernst F. Schulz" <ernst.schulz@sap.com> wrote in message news:cecssh$d7n$1@news1.wdf.sap-ag.de... | Hi, | | when exporting from EXCEL with file type UNICODE the columns are seper...

how can I take 3 cells and move them to a different column into 1
need formula or process to move 3 consectuive cells from column B to one cell in column A without manually insertng 2 new cells and copy and paste. Need to do it for extensive data sheet and would take a long time to do it manually. Is there a quicker way? Almost certainly needs code, but a little more detail on the problem is perhaps needed -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "manz77" <manz77@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F1351F20-B54D-4F42-8557-C7A5F0D2BD3B@microsoft.com... > n...

Different Reports?
I'm trying to figure out how to do new reports. Example: I'm trying to write a report that will print out all my payouts and reason codes for those payouts over a given period of time. For the life of me, I can't seem to figure it out. This one is awful important to me because I am a collectible card store. We buy cards from people ALL the time and need a way to be able to track it. Thanks! We can write you a report if you want to do what you want. The charge is $75 per report. Afshin Alikhani - [afshin@retailrealm.co.uk] CEO - Retail Realm -- URL http://www.retailre...

Sending email from secondary exchange account
Hello, We have a client who's support desk is manned by several people and they each have access to the support email account which is added as an additional mailbox to their Outlook profiles. They want to be able to reply to emails and have it come from the support account and not have "on behalf of" in the address line. We have granted everyone full mailbox access to the support account however, when they attempt to send from the support account they get the following message: Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: testing ...

New User Accounts cannot access OWA 2003
..Running Windows 2003 AD with Exchange 2003 Ent BE/Exhange 2003 Std FE. It would appear that any new user accounts that I have created are not able to access Webmail. I have tried accessing their mailbox via Outlook 2003 first - then OWA with no success. I have tried sending a test message to their mailbox - No success. I have tried sending them a meeting request to initialize their FREE/BUSY - no success. All existing users are able to access OWA with no problems. However - this is affecting any new users I have created in AD. Any help ould be appreciated After reading another...

Customizing Account Form with second (linked) contact
The standard Acount form as a system-generated Primary Contact entered on the Account Form. However, I now want to link another contact (i.e. a billing contact) to this form. This ought to be possible, but I have not figured out where I can add an additional entry that I can designate as a separate and additional contact beyond the "Primary Contact" that is already there. This second contact is a record in the Contacts entity. I am new at this, but any pointers are appreciated. The help files do not do the job for me. Hi, Relationships option in left panel of Account ent...

How to restore e-mail to a different mailbox ?
I need to restore e-mail from tape date=25 days ago and save e-mail from account1 to investigationAccount2. Account1 is active and enabled on my system. My backup software is Commvault Qinetix and it requires that target mailbox which mail will restore to has same SMTP address and same mailbox name than the original. Any creative idea on how I can solve this ? what version of Exchange? "Marlon Brown" <marlon_brown@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ezDrbP$qEHA.2340@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > I need to restore e-mail from tape date=25 days ago and save e-mail from > ...

How to generate reports using certain accounts
Hello all, I am using MS Money Plus Deluxe. I inputed my online Banking logon information and MS Money retrives all of my accounts linked to that logon (5 accounts). Now there are only two accounts that I want to have MS Money manage and generate reports for. I have "closed" the remaining 3 accounts within MS Money so that the two I want are showing as open. However, when I choose to generate a monthly report it includes transactions from all of the accounts linked to my banking login info. I have searched and searched for a filter to disclude those unwanted accounts, but no...

Need help importing Outlook Business Contact Manager Accounts to CRM 3.0
Hi, Using MS outlook 2003, I've exported my Outlook Business Contact Manager Accounts into a .CSV file. I've then gone into CRM and gone to Tools - Import and selected the CSV. I don't really understand the field mapping part of the import wizard. When I click Import it says that all the records failed to import. Can somebody please help me. Thanks Gary Check out the Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 Data Migration Pack http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=3d36ac8e-b485-4f0c-9dec-c9bacbad1a73&DisplayLang=en It has the Data Migration Wizard for Microsoft...

Outlook 2002 prevents access to hotmail account
I have 2 hotmail accounts and in the last couple of weeks, my computer automatically routes me to only one account - even when going directly through the MSN site. I have been unable to troubleshoot this through email accounts in Outlook and need to get to the both sets of email. Thanks, BD "BD" <inflexionstrategies@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:003901c35064$ee6d0660$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I have 2 hotmail accounts and in the last couple of > weeks, my computer automatically routes me to only one > account - even when going directly through the MSN site. &...

How tcalculate percentage of values in cells in different workshee
Hi, I have data on patients in excel file, with each patient's data placed on a separate sheet . For instance: PatientA has data on worksheet "PatientA" (Sheet2) where cell A9 is hemoglobin data ... PatientZ has data on worksheet "PatientZ" (Sheet50) where cell A9 is hemoglobin data I have a summary worksheet called "Summary" (Sheet1). I need cell A9 in sheet1 to give me the percentage of patients whose Hemoglobin value is between 10 and 12 (that is % of A9 in Sheet1 till Sheet50 with value between 10 and 12). Any help is appreciated. Thanks. ...