Able to find text properties?

Is there a function in excel to test the text properties of a cell.  ie. if
it's bold or red color text?

thanks

naveed010@hotmail.com

0
naveed010 (1)
11/10/2005 7:01:27 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

G0 to the Help files, and lookup
Cell worksheet function

That will give you a list of the types of formats that can be returned.

Mostly date, time and currency formats.
The only color return would be the "negative red" in currency.

What you're looking for needs code.
--
HTH,

RD

"NavEEd" <naveed010@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Is there a function in excel to test the text properties of a cell.  ie.
if
> it's bold or red color text?
>
> thanks
>
> naveed010@hotmail.com

0
ragdyer1 (4060)

How do I print the Excel File Properties Contents screen?
I'd like to be able to print the list of worksheets which comes up under File/Properties/Contents. Is there a way to do this? Hi Gail Open File/Properties/Contents. Alt Printscreen go to a empty sheet Ctrl V to paste Print -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Gail Chiarello" <Gail Chiarello@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AF532B99-5173-419C-958E-90889EBBDB16@microsoft.com... > I'd like to be able to print the list of worksheets which comes up under > File/Properties/Contents. > > Is there a way to do this? ...

Finding Desktop region in MFC
I am working on a commercial application, and recently discovered a bug I have been asked to fix (they threw it back in my lap). Run the application on a 2-monitor system, such as a laptop in a dock with an external monitor. Drag the main window to the second (non-taskbar) window and quit. Now move the laptop to a different dock with the second menu on the other side (or without a second monitor at all) and launch the app. Oops. The app continues to want to go on the side it was last put, even though there is now no monitor there. (Yes, my dock in the office and at home have the second ...

Vanishing Entourage Message Text
OK, so here's a good one. On the MacBook Pro, running latest OS and up to date Office 2004, some email messages display no text. Toggling the "display complex HTML" does not resolve this. If I get the same message forwarded through another user, it often displays properly. Suggestions? Dan Hi Dan, are you by any chance connected to an Exchange 2003 server? If yes, Microsoft released a patch a week or two ago which introduced a bug in OWA. They are aware of the problem and working on a fix. If that does not explain your problem, you'll have to post back and be more sp...

Fill in text from drop down list box in Excel
Hello, I have created a drop down list box but the list is getting too big and the user has to scroll down the list to select the data. Is there a feature I can use to display the data that start with the same string. For example: If I type "Be" in my box, the box could display the list that start with "BE or Be". I created the drop down list by using "Data", chose "Validation", and chose "List" from the "Allow" tab. Thanks for your help. Bexi Bexi If your drop-down list if from Data Validation, you cannot have Autocomplete. T...

Text and Formula in the Same Cell
Good Morning, Everyone - Here's what I'm trying to do: I have a cell that has text - "Vendo Name" - and I also want that cell to contain a formula (counta). I this possible? Thankx, C -- theboatdud ----------------------------------------------------------------------- theboatdude's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1024 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27525 Here's an example: ="Vendor Name: "&COUNTA(B:B) HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- > >Goo...

find
How can I setup a macro or use a function to find a column who's first cell is called "Addresses" then move the whole column to sheet 2. Is it possible? Puzzled J, If there is only one cell with the word "Addresses" in it: Sub MoveAddresses() Cells.Find("Addresses").EntireColumn.Cut Worksheets("Sheet 2").Range("IV1").End(xlToLeft)(1,2) End Sub This will put the column into the column with the first free cell in row 1 of Sheet 2. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "J Bates" <newss@pittam.plus.com> wrote in message news:4507...

Find and replace 03-04-10
I'm trying to scan a field in one of my tables and find a specific character and remove it. However, the character is a " so I'm having difficulty. The field I speak of of contains the sizes of our material so the values look like this: 1/4" 1/2" 1/3" and so on. How can I find all of the " in my feild and remove them? I don't want to replace them I just want to remove them. Thanks, Chris Savedge Create a query, and in the Criteria row under the problem field, enter: Like "*[""]*" -- Allen Browne - ...

Printing without certain text (i.e., answers, notes)
Does anyone know an easy way to print two versions of a document? For example, I need to print a student version without answers and instructor's notes. Thanks, TM One way would be to use a style (call it Answers for example), when you want to print out the students copies change the color of the style Answers to white. That should do it. "TM" <t_mccollough@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:e6czHS2YDHA.1384@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Does anyone know an easy way to print two versions of a document? For > example, I need to print a student version without answers an...

VC++ .NET 2002: How To Use the Class View's Properties window to add a message handler for the WN_KEYDOWN message
Hi all I used "The EX05c Example: Scrolling" of the book "Programming With Microsoft Visual C++ .NET Core Reference" (6th Edition) as my 3rd example of MFC exercises to catch up my VC++ .NET 2002 (VC++ 7.0) programming. I started my 'Eg05c' project in the MFC Application Wizard and followed the 1 thru 7 steps instructed in the book (pages 82-85) I believed I did the steps 1, 2 and 3 correctly: 1 - In MFC Application Wizard -Eg05c, I setthe CEg05cView to "CScrollView" 2 - I added the m_rectEllipse and m_nColor data members in Eg05cView.h by typing in "...

Finding maximum value
Hello, I want to find the maximum value in a column, but I want to ignore the negative and positive part of the value. Basically, the maximum difference from zero. Example: the maximum value I am looking for will be -0.467. -0.467 0.345 -0.253 0.411 Thanks Ruan One way (array-entered: CTRL-SHIFT-ENTER or CMD-RETURN): =INDEX(A1:A4,MATCH(MAX(ABS(A1:A4)),ABS(A1:A4),FALSE)) In article <OGKhnF1KEHA.2100@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl>, "Ruan" <ruan@aegismed.com> wrote: > Hello, > > I want to find the maximum value in a column, but I want to ignore the > negati...

How do I find the inside page in the 3-panel brochure.
I am trying to make a 3-panel brochure and all that seems to be available is the side shown in the brochure options. When I print, it prints both sides yet I can see no way to access the inside part. Thanks. View, status bar... this will allow you to change page views, you will see the page tabs at the bottom of the screen. I am not sure I know what you are asking. Are you saying you are printing the brochure sight unseen? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "springmtn" <springmtn@discussions.microsoft.co...

Can't access propertys of public folders
We recently upgraded from NT4 server and exchange 5.5 to 2003 server and exchange 2003. When we were all finished I could access properties of public folders through exchange system manager. About a week after the upgrade was all finished I went to implement OWA which was one of the reasons we were doing the upgrade. I found very quickly that I could not access the IIS manager. I did some digging and found that I needed to reinstall IIS on my exchange server but unfortunately to do that I also had to reinstall exchange. I followed the instructions from this KB article http://su...

Shrinking font in Report Text Box
I have strings of varying length that I need to display in the same text box, so I would like to be able to shrink the text if it would otherwise be truncated. I've read other, similar posts but still have a question. It seems that Lebans AutoSizeFont is the right module for me to download (http://www.lebans.com/autosizefont.htm), but having done that, I'm not sure how to "apply" it to the text box in question. I've got no experience using modules. Could someone walk me through it? Thanks, Keith Keith wrote: >I have strings of varying length that I need to...

Hyperlinkbase Property effect on Internal Document links
Recently we made a mass change to a document repository to update the Hyperlinkbase property of over a thousand documents. This was done so that if the documents were copied outside of the repository, the relative links would still point to the production repository... this worked great! BUT... we noticed that the Hyperlinkbase property also applies itself to internal document links... huh? That doesn't make sense. Is this a known bug, or is there a way to get the hyperlinkbase property to leave the internal links alone? HELP! Hi Dave, Unfortunately, that's jus...

Adjusting Two Columns with Text
I have two columns. I've entered numbered text in each column. As I add more numbered items, the second column keeps adjusting itself downward. Is there anyway to freeze the second column as I add items to column one? I am not really sure what you mean by "the second column keeps adjusting itself downward". Do you have a two column table, or is the document formatted with columns? It sounds like you may have the former when what you want is the latter. Format the document so that it has two columns (via the Page Setup section of the Page Layout tab in Word 200...

Text to Number format
I have copied a column of numbers to excel and now cannot apply any formulas because the numbers are text. How can I convert the text to numbers? Thanks. -- Janet In an un-used cell enter 1 (as a true number). Copy this cell and paste/special/multiply onto the cells you would like to convert. -- Gary''s Student - gsnu201001 "Janet" wrote: > I have copied a column of numbers to excel and now cannot apply any formulas > because the numbers are text. How can I convert the text to numbers? > Thanks. > -- > Janet perfect timing, I jus...

Access newbie
Hi, I'm teaching myself Access 2007, everything was going well until a few minutes ago when I closed the Field Properties and the Property Sheet. I've looked through the program and can't see how to open them. Can anyone tell me how? Thanks Karl Press F1 and search for Properties Menu. "Karl" <Karl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5E25589A-99EA-4D46-A20E-6FF5613389B5@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I'm teaching myself Access 2007, everything was going well until a few > minutes ago when I closed the Field Properties and the Proper...

Finding the surface Area
If I have a tube thats .805 round, 1.235 high, .060 thick. How would I write this as an excel formula. Thanks in advance!! On Fri, 22 Oct 2010 16:49:57 -0700 (PDT), Richard <bobdelrn@yahoo.com> wrote: >If I have a tube thats .805 round, 1.235 high, .060 thick. How would I >write this as an excel formula. Thanks in advance!! The information is ambiguous: ? Do you want total surface area = inside + outside? ? Are the ends open? ? Do you also want the area of the edges at the ends? The formula for the area of a cylinder with height H and radius R is: Area = (pi) x 2R x H The...

Macro to delete and replace a text box
I use a macro in a master file to populate sub-files with data. I would like to delete an existing text box in the sub-files and replace it with a text box from the master file. Is there a way to do this using a macro? Any information is appreciated. Thanks ...

Convert Text to number
How can I convert a text field to numeric value? The text values are: < 35 <15 1.5 0.015 >9900 The desired result need to be: 35 15 1.5 0.015 9900 Then in a separate field I need to store the > (Greater than) and < (less than) signs from the same text filed so: < 35 (please note the space between the < and the number 35) <15 (please note that there is no space between < and the number 15) 1.5 0.015 >9900 Will give me: < < (null) (null) > Thank you, Silvio In a query: TheNumber: IIf([TheField]=">...

Move text from column B to column A
I am trying to move text from column B to in front of that in column A. A B Jones John Result would be A B John Jones Tried this: Private Sub NameChange() For Each c In Selection c.Text = c.Offset(0, 1).Text & " " & c.Text Next c End Sub Am I even close (sorry I'm new to this stuff) Sandy Hi Sandy, Try this small modification: Private Sub NameChange() Dim c As Range For Each c In Selection c.Value = c.Offset(0, 1).Value & " " & c.Value Next c End Sub --- Regards...

Count by Colour (Text) with other criteria
I have a range of data in cells G4:O181 I have used =COUNTIF($G$4:$O$181,"Debs") to count the number of occurences of Debs In some of the cells Debs is black text and some Debs is red text =(PERSONAL.XLS!CountByColor(G4:O181,3,TRUE)) will give me the total number of cells that have Red Text I have tried this formula to calculate the number of cells that are both Debs and red text =SUM(G4:O181="Debs")*((PERSONAL.XLS!CountByColor(G 4:O181,3,TRUE))), enterred as an array, but get the value zero How can I combine the two to get the result for the number of cells in the ra...

Cells formatted with "("@")" don't change when text pasted in (?).
I have a column in a targert spreadsheet formatted with "("@")". When I paste values from the working spreadsheet into this final, presentation one, the formatting doesn't take until I manually re-type the numbers in. I'd like to save all that work, if possible. What can be done here, pls? I've tried pasting in using all the values found in the top part of the paste-special options, but nothing I've tried works. Thanks! p.s., I'm off for a meal break. I've been at this all day without stopping. <g> I'm seeing by the activity in t...

Text Size of Incoming Mail
Hello! I have used OE 6 for a long time and initially used the View>>Text Size to adjust the font size to 'Largest'. It remained that way until today when it reverted to medium text size for no reason that I know of. I changed it back, but now each time I close and open OE6, the size is back to 'Medium'. Is there any way to keep it permanently on the largest text size? Thank you very much. This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000, 2002, 2003 & 2007 from the Office family for Intel PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) & Windows Live Mail support try...

Shortcut key for centering Text
Hi, I'm a longtime Lotus 123, Word and Powerpoint user finally being forced to Excel. One of the very first things I tried to do in Excel was to center some text in a cell with a shortcut key. In every Microsoft application I've ever used(I think), I've been able to left align with (ctrl l), right align with (ctrl r) and center with (ctrl e). This works in Word and Powerpoint etc etc. But I can't get it to work in Excel. Surely there is a simple shortcut key to center text in excel, isn't there. I mean, this is such a basic thing. I don't want to have to grab my m...