A If then running count

I am trying and just cannot get it.

I am trying to get a formula that does this:

If have cell n3 at numbers up to 9 then cell v3 I want to read "1"
If have cell n3 at numbers up to 14.9 then cell v3 I want to read "2"
If have cell n3 at numbers up to 19.9 then cell v3 I want to read "3"
If have cell n3 at numbers up to 24.9 then cell v3 I want to read "4"

and so on.

My attempt is to make the numbers increase by 1 when counting by 5.

can anyone help me on this.

0
kentamos (9)
10/14/2005 8:09:05 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

How about this? =IF(A1<=9,1,ROUNDDOWN(A1/5,0))
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

<kentamos@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I am trying and just cannot get it.
>
> I am trying to get a formula that does this:
>
> If have cell n3 at numbers up to 9 then cell v3 I want to read "1"
> If have cell n3 at numbers up to 14.9 then cell v3 I want to read "2"
> If have cell n3 at numbers up to 19.9 then cell v3 I want to read "3"
> If have cell n3 at numbers up to 24.9 then cell v3 I want to read "4"
>
> and so on.
>
> My attempt is to make the numbers increase by 1 when counting by 5.
>
> can anyone help me on this.

0
ng1 (1444)
10/14/2005 8:16:40 PM
Well that does seem to work.. but from 0-5 the number needs to read
"------" as no extra tickets kick in til the number reaches 5.

0
kentamos (9)
10/14/2005 8:46:49 PM
maybe read this way

if the tickets count is 0-4.9   then "-----"
from 5 to 9.9 then 1
from 10-14.9 then 2
from 15-19.9 then 3

and so on.

0
kentamos (9)
10/14/2005 8:49:09 PM
Okay. Try this:  =IF(A1<5,"-----",IF(A1<10,1,ROUNDDOWN(A1/5,0)))
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"NoCLUE" <kentamos@gmail.com> wrote in message
> maybe read this way
>
> if the tickets count is 0-4.9   then "-----"
> from 5 to 9.9 then 1
> from 10-14.9 then 2
> from 15-19.9 then 3
>
> and so on.

0
ng1 (1444)

Count File Names
Hi All, I having an issue with version control on Buisness cases. I currently have a spreadsheet that looks into a folder and picks up details from a number of files. However, they require version control numbers so there will eventually be multiple files say 2010-01 v1.0, 2010-01 v1.1. Is there a way I can: 1) Get a macro to count the number of 2010-01 files there are in the folder, and 2) Get my version control sheet to look at the latest version of the file (in this example: 2010-01 v1.1) Cheers, Chris See if this code works. I assume that 2010-01 is year and month. ...

Run Time Error '1004' Application or Onject-defined
Hi all. I am having a strange problem with the below code in that it produces the run time error when trying to Paste the Selection. However, if I perform the action manually in exactly the same way, as in recording the macro in the first place, it works!? How can I get this to run - it is after all, a really simple code. (Most frustrating) Thanks, Wes. Windows("Transaction_Record.xlsm").Activate Sheets("DETAILED_PMNTS_REC").Select Range("N2077:QV2089").Select Application.CutCopyMode = False Selection.Copy Windows("AUDIT_TR...

Count ifs
Hi I have a list of data shown below, in 2 cloumns. I want to do a count if to show the total people in each department and location i.e. COUNT the number of occurances of people in HEAD OFFICE and PRODUCTION and then the number of occurances of people in HEAD OFFICE and FINANCE and so on.... Many thanks Location Department Head Office Production Birmingham Sales London Finance Head Office Finance Head Office Finance Head Office Finance Head Office Finance Head Office Finance Head Office Finance Head Office Finance Head Office Sales Head Office Sales Head Office...

Running a .bat file with spaces in the path.
I am trying to run a .bat file from a macro. The shell command works okay most of the time - but I cannot seem to make it work if there is a space in the path. (So, running C:\Apps\BFIle.bat works, but not C:\My Apps\BFile.bat) As the .bat file I want to run will change, I want to enter the path in a cell, and then run the macro with a button. This means simply enteing the path in double quotation marks in the Shell command will not work. BFile = Range("A2").Value i = Shell (BFile, 1) Any ideas? Odd that a space is giving you a problem. This works for me whether the path has a ...

Count number of records after filtering
Hello, Probably a question that's easy to answer but I have been searching for hours now & it's driving me rather crazy: I have applied a filter to a form and now I want to know how many records I have got as a result, or better, I want to know if there are any records left - how do I do that? Tried so far: If Form.Recordset.Count = 0 Then ... If Iserror(Form.RecordSet.Count) Then ... If EOF(Recordset) Then ... but that all does not work. Thanks, Gerwin Gerwin: An easy way is to add a hidden text box, txtCount say, to the form, with a ControlSourc...

running external program, waiting for completion
I'm trying to start an external utility from a C++ program, but I'm having some problems I've tried various approaches, but all seem to suffer from the same problem: I can start the utility but if I try to wait for it to exit, then I'll wait forever (& the utility never seems to start running). One example: SHELLEXECUTEINFO ShExecInfo = {0}; ShExecInfo.cbSize = sizeof(SHELLEXECUTEINFO); ShExecInfo.fMask = SEE_MASK_NOCLOSEPROCESS; ShExecInfo.hwnd = NULL; ShExecInfo.lpVerb = _T("open"); ShExecInfo.lpFile = "c:\\xxx\\yyy\\zzz.exe"; ShExecInfo.lpPar...

Public Function not running
Hey, I have a public function that I call from a cell. The function is: Public Function QuitTime(strQuitTime As String) As Date Dim strHour, strMin As String Dim intHour, intMin As Integer Dim dtTime As Date strHour = Left(strQuitTime, 2) strMin = Right(strQuitTime, 2) dtTime = strHour & ":" & strMin dtTime = dtTime + Range("MainSheet!B2") ' this cell contains the value today() QuitTime = dtTime End Function Anyway, I run a vlookup on this array from another sheet and when ever i run that vlookup, it makes all the cells in th...

Accessing desktop shortcuts when programs are running
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel Is there any way to toggle between program windows and the desktop so that you can access the shortcut icons there without resizing or minimizing your program windows? It would be great to be able to do this, especially when I have four or five word documents open . . . Thanks! You can use the ApplicationName> Hide ApplicationName or Hide Others command to hide the window(s) to access the Desktop - assuming you don't have any other application windows open. However, you might want to explore other more effective...

Allow active x controls to run in RMS POS
Hi there. When trying to run drilldown.htm in RMS on my POS computer, I get the error message "Your current security settings prohibit running active x controls on this page", and it doesn't work. It works fine on my back office pc, and I can't find any difference between the IE settings on the two pcs. Where would I find the setting to allow active x controls to run? Cheers Problem solved, windows automatically blocked it because I sent it as an email attachment from my office pc Mheill wrote: > Hi there. > > When trying to run drilldown.htm in RMS on my POS co...

How to run Office:Mac on a PC?
For better support of Mac users, I want to run Office:Mac on a PC. Though I know about PearPC http://pearpc.sourceforge.net, I did not yet give it a try. Are there other solutions available? Many thanks for all hints and explanations, Thomas Hi Thomas, as far as I know, there aren't that many solutions to run Mac OS X on PCs. I have heard of PearPC, but I don't think that you can legally run Mac OS X on a non-Apple computer; if I remember correctly, the license agreement states that you are supposed to run OS X on Apple hardware only. Also, since you can only buy Mac OS X for Power...

HELP: Add textbox to a frame at run time
Hi All, How can I add text boxes on the form at run time based on what user inputs in a textbox? For eg: I have a textbox "Total Students" , so Once I input a number in that textbox, I want to have that many textboxes on the form during run time. If I input 4 I want four textboxes to be displayed on the form. Thanks in advance ...

un posted trx warning on GL year end run
We have a situation here as follows: When tried to Year end close 2007 on GL after closing all relavant modules we received a warning message "A single-use batch or quick journal transaction has not been posted yet. Do you want to continue closing ?" We put our maximum effort to find any pending trx that of year 2007 but without success. On a test basis we override the above warning and ran the year end procedure. When finished we find out that 3 multi-currency transactions are effected on the retained earnings account (debited 3 trx and the same amount included as credit t...

Counting number of worksheets in a Excel 2007
Dear Sir, I am using MS office 2007, and want to know what is command/formula to count the number of worksheets in a Excel. I deals with some taxation matter wherein I need to have hundreds of sheets in a file. Thank in advance. From within Excel code, Worksheets.Count will return the number of worksheets in the workbook. -- Rick (MVP - Excel) "Y D" <Y D@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B2C3A4B9-22F4-4643-8850-BD340C4659C9@microsoft.com... > Dear Sir, > I am using MS office 2007, and want to know what is command/formula to >...

RUNNING TOTALS #2
I would be obliged for help in setting up a formula, or similar, relative to retaining a 'running total' in 2 different worksheets please. e.g. in sheet 1 (cell 1a) - inputting a new figure every week. in sheet 2 (cell 1a) - to protect and record the sum of all the previous weekly figures accumulatively over the usage period, month, year and so on. Thanking you See: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/accumulator.html HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >I would be obliged for help in setting up a formula, or >similar, relative to retaining a 'running...

Running Office 2000 on Win XP
Which, if any of these programs will work on Win XP Professional - 64-bit 1. Microsoft Word 2000 2. Microsoft Excel 2000 3. Microsft Publisher 2003 4. Microsoft Outlook 2003 Hi, Back in 2005 I used Outlook 2003 with no issues on Win XP - 64bit. Carlos "vootsak" wrote: > Which, if any of these programs will work on Win XP Professional - 64-bit > > 1. Microsoft Word 2000 > > 2. Microsoft Excel 2000 > > 3. Microsft Publisher 2003 > > 4. Microsoft Outlook 2003 > > vootsak wrote: > Which, if any of these prog...

Using VBA coding to count color Occurrences
Hi: I am using Office (Word, Excel, and Powerpoint) 2007, and Windows 7, and below is what I'm trying to accomplish, hopefully, with VBA coding: In Columns L & M I have dates that identify a beginning and end date for a class (L is "beginning" date and M is "end date") that a student has signed up for. If the student has not paid for their class, the class dates in Columns L & M are in "bold red font". Once payment has been made, the font changes from "bold red" to "unbold black" thanks to conditional formatting. ...

running Payroll calculations remotely
Is it possible to run Payroll calculations remotely, using web services. I mean: Payroll -> Calculate batch. So far, I cannot find any relevant web method Thanks for help Boris There is none! Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com "Boris T" wrote: > Is it possible to run Payroll calculations remotely, using web services. > I mean: Payroll -> Calculate batch. > So far, I cannot find any relevant web method > > Than...

Running balance in credit card register
Balance is fine when I view "all transactions" but when I switch to "unreconciled view" the balance is way off (I do this to balance my account). Any ideas? The balance it shows on the top is 1000 over my limit, and I am not even close to it. Anybody have any idea??? phredgomez@yahoo.com (Fred G.) wrote in message news:<c3762d54.0311210932.33f73370@posting.google.com>... > Balance is fine when I view "all transactions" but when I switch to > "unreconciled view" the balance is way off (I do this to balance my > account). Any ideas? The ba...

Count by Colour (Text) with other criteria
I have a range of data in cells G4:O181 I have used =COUNTIF($G$4:$O$181,"Debs") to count the number of occurences of Debs In some of the cells Debs is black text and some Debs is red text =(PERSONAL.XLS!CountByColor(G4:O181,3,TRUE)) will give me the total number of cells that have Red Text I have tried this formula to calculate the number of cells that are both Debs and red text =SUM(G4:O181="Debs")*((PERSONAL.XLS!CountByColor(G 4:O181,3,TRUE))), enterred as an array, but get the value zero How can I combine the two to get the result for the number of cells in the ra...

Request for daily count of user emails
I need some help with what has seems to be a growing request. We have users in the building that are complaining that they are receiving a lot of emails on a daily basis and they are having trouble keeping up. I now have management asking for reports on how many emails the users are getting on any given day and or week. Is there any way from the exchange server 2003, that I can create a job or obtain some sort of report that will count the information on the fly? Or if there are any third party products that will give this data on demand? Thanks Dave Leach CCNP Lots of 3rd party pro...

Simple way to count by month?
Access2000 Hi I have a table that is just a list of serial numbers and dates that they were sold. Is there a simple way to build a query that will just list the total serials numbers by month, i.e. Dec-07 - 566 Nov-07- 453 Oct-07- 343 Each serial is on its own row. Getting the number sold by day is simple, but grouping and suming these to months has me stumped. Thanks - Steve Solved it. I used this if anybody else is looking SELECT Format([SQL_DELIVERY_DATE],"yyyy mm") AS MonthSold, Count(*) AS Total FROM tbl_sold GROUP BY Format([SQL_DELIVERY_DATE],"yyyy mm") ...

Developer Extensions And Run-time Access 2007
Am I understainding correctly that the developer extentions are available as a free download as well as the run-time version of Access 2007? On Dec 14, 8:59 am, Huckle <Huc...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Am I understainding correctly that the developer extentions are available as > a free download as well as the run-time version of Access 2007? That's true. I'm using them now. Keith That's correct. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no private e-mails, please) "Huckle" <Huckle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote...

Count if question
I am trying to get a formula to count the number of outstanding letters by member of staff. I am trying to use the countif function with the isblank function (ie the date of response isn't filled in). =COUNTIF(Sheet1!$D$2:$D$20=$A4,&(ISBLANK(Sheet1!$F$2:$F$20))) where sheet 1 col D = officer initials matched to col A Is there an easy answer to my question? If you require further details please ask. Many thanks in advannce Jody and sheet1 col F will either be blank if no response has been made or contain a date of response. =SUMPRODUCT(--(Sheet1!$D$2:$D$20=$A4),--(ISBLANK...

Running an Access 2003 query with parameters
I have a access query that prompts for a date range when run. I need to call the query from Excel. When I run the query from Excel I'm not prompted for the date range and the query fails. Is there a way to call the query and be prompted for the date range? Thanks in advance for you help! ...

Turning off display while VBA running
Seems to me I once saw an option I can turn off to keep Excel from updating the display while my program inserts rows, fills in data, hides/unhides rows and such, so it'll run faster if there's a lot to be accomplished...the idea being that the program will turn the display, so to speak, back on just before it gets to End Sub. Now I want to use that feature and I can't find it in my VBA/Excel chm. Can anyone tell me where to look for it? Thanks. Application.Screenupdating Tim "Bob Bridges" <rhbridg.RemoveThisNode@attglobal.net> wrote in message ...