2007

  I am experimenting with Excel 2007. I normally use Excel 2003. When I have
unusually large amounts of text in a cell *in 2003* the formula bar displays
all of it. Sometimes that takes up most of the window, but the text is about
8 or 9 points. Under 2007, although I can increase the width and height of
the formula bar, the text is much larger and I must scroll down to see it
all. *Not good* How can I change this is 2007 version?

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi Fred

You can minimise the Ribbon.
There is a dropdown at the end of the QAT (Quick Access Toolbar) which
gives this option.
With the Windows XP bar set to Autohide also, I can drag the formula bar
depth down sufficiently to see 31 rows of 101 characters without having
to scroll.

I have not found any method of altering the width of the formula bar
though - how did you achieve this?
--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Fred" <fdroberts1@adelphia.net> wrote in message
>  I am experimenting with Excel 2007. I normally use Excel 2003. When I
> have unusually large amounts of text in a cell *in 2003* the formula
> bar displays all of it. Sometimes that takes up most of the window,
> but the text is about 8 or 9 points. Under 2007, although I can
> increase the width and height of the formula bar, the text is much
> larger and I must scroll down to see it all. *Not good* How can I
> change this is 2007 version?

0
roger5293 (1125)
1/15/2007 12:33:34 PM
> I have not found any method of altering the width of the formula bar
> though - how did you achieve this?
Forget that question, I have just realised you can drag the icon with
the Function symbol to the left, eliminating the name box and therefore
increasing the width of the formula bar.

This now gives me 31 rows x 126 characters.

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Roger Govier" <roger@technologyNOSPAM4u.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi Fred
>
> You can minimise the Ribbon.
> There is a dropdown at the end of the QAT (Quick Access Toolbar) which
> gives this option.
> With the Windows XP bar set to Autohide also, I can drag the formula
> bar depth down sufficiently to see 31 rows of 101 characters without
> having to scroll.
>
> I have not found any method of altering the width of the formula bar
> though - how did you achieve this?
> --
> Regards
>
> Roger Govier
>

> "Fred" <fdroberts1@adelphia.net> wrote in message
>>  I am experimenting with Excel 2007. I normally use Excel 2003. When
>> I have unusually large amounts of text in a cell *in 2003* the
>> formula bar displays all of it. Sometimes that takes up most of the
>> window, but the text is about 8 or 9 points. Under 2007, although I
>> can increase the width and height of the formula bar, the text is
>> much larger and I must scroll down to see it all. *Not good* How can
>> I change this is 2007 version?

0
roger5293 (1125)

Suddenly can't recieve, but can send mail in OL 2007
This started out of the blue yesterday. OL2007 B2TR gives me a dialog box asking for my user name and password. No matter what I do, this will not resolve. I have spoken to Verio (my ISP), they say all is well. I can send & recieve the same accounts in OL Express with no problem. Other users in my office can send & recieve with no problem as well. In fact, I added one of their accounts to my Outlook, and it gave me the same problem that I have with my own accounts. Their account works fine on their machine. I have run Office Diagnostics. It says that all is well, except ...

2007 duplicate accounts?
In previous versions of Money (2005 & 2006) there was a duplicate account problem. I described it previously here: http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.money/msg/61a41a7b3e0efcaf http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.money/msg/b9b1de03d4a5d911 I've searched the group for comments from current M07 users about whether this problem still exists, but haven't found it. If I missed it, my apologies. Would you kindly send me a pointer? If I didn't miss it, has anyone who's using M07 seen this problem? TIA - Mark I'm not using 2007 but I think what...

Outlook 2007 with Business Contacts won't load
Says I need to install outlook 2007 beta first, but where can I find it? I thought it was wrapped up in one program. When I go to beta downloads, it still only gives me the 2007 Outlook with Business Contacts as an option to download. Outlook 2007 is part of Office 2007. You need to install at least the = Outlook bits from Office first.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outl...

excel 2007
I have data that looks something like this account#, invoice amount 1, 50 1, 70 1, 80 2, 10 2, 50 2, 52 2, 50 3, 10 4, 30 I need a way to combine all the invoice totals for each account so I have results like this 1, 200 2, 162 3, 10 4, 30 Any suggestions on how to go about doing this? I thought I had done something similar to this with filters before in Excel 2003, but I can't figure out how I did it. Thanks! You can use subtotal or a pivot table in the pivot put the account numbers in the row field and the invoice amount in the data, in subtotal use at each change in account numb...

Outlook 2007 in Windows 7
I've installed Office 2007 in Windows 7. Then I installed Lotus Notes 8.5 as my default mail client. After that I opened Outlook 2007 then it prompted to set Outlook 2007 as the default and I clicked Yes. But still the HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\mailto\shell\open\command value is LotuNotes exe destination. What is the reason for this. But if I use <a href="mailto:dummymail@dum.edu">send mail</a> tag in my HTML page it opens Outlook 2007 new mail window. How does the mailto protocol identifies the default mail client and open the new mail window? Pls someo...

Excel 2007 "document not saved" when on a network share AND file set as an offline file
Hello~ Have this annoying REPEATABLE problem with Excel 2007 running on Vista Business saving to a share on Windows Server 2003. On the client, Vista and Excel all up-to-date with SPs, the machine is part of a domain, and some files on different shares are set to be available offline. On the server, Windows 2003 also up-to-date, the client user has full permissions in all the directories in question - both share permissions and NTFS permissions), and the directory is set to make only files users specify to be available offline. Client has no problem opening and saving files in Excel that ar...

ics file in 2007
History Outlook 2000: There is a web calendar that has an option to save an appointment from the web calendar to you Outlook Calendar. When the save or open dialog box appears, you choose open and the appointment is now entered into your Outlook 2000 calendar. Now we've upgraded to 2007 When the save or open dialog box appears, you choose open and you get a new calendar (side by side with your default calendar). The new calendar contains the single appointment from the web calendar. My users are having fits. Is there a way to tell it to place the appointment in the default calendar...

Outlook 2007 and systray new mail envelope
Hello, do you know how to show the little systray envelope (new mail arrived) when there are some rules that move mail received in other folder (not Inbox folder)? This envelope is show only when arrive a new mail in Inbox folder? There is any script to show envelope also the folder is not Inbox? Thank you In Outlook 2003 it works, but not in Outlook 2007. Abc ...

Exchange 2007 License question
I recently became responsible for our email system. I know we purchased 50 user cals however our former email admin really flubed the install of exchange then moved users to that server. My question is this: Is there a way to se how many users that server will accept. On Tue, 17 Apr 2007 06:06:01 -0700, cowen <cowen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I recently became responsible for our email system. I know we purchased 50 >user cals however our former email admin really flubed the install of >exchange then moved users to that server. My question is this: Is there a way ...

Print BCC fiend from Outlook 2007
Any way to Print BCC in Outlook 2007... Tks Screen capture. zzMHUME wrote: > Any way to Print BCC in Outlook 2007... > > Tks > > Other then Screen Capture... I see in Outlook 2003 you can do something in "Design Form Field" but does not have the same stuff in Outlook 2007... tks "Bob I" <birelan@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:%234ilCgceKHA.5608@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Screen capture. > > zzMHUME wrote: > >> Any way to Print BCC in Outlook 2007... >> >> Tks >> >>...

Excel 2007 compatibility message
Where I work, some people are using Excel 2003, some use Excel 2007, and some use Excel 2004 on a Mac. The people using Excel 2007 save their files in Excel 97-2003 format. I have noticed that when an Excel 2007 user opens a spreadsheet created in Excel 2004, sometimes when the Excel 2007 user saves it in Excel 97-2003 format, the compatibility checker gives the following message: "Some cells or styles in this workbook contain formatting that is not supported by the selected file format. These formats will be converted to the closest format " There are over 40 instances lis...

some problems with OL 2007
Hi, I have used OL XP (2002) for years and I was very happy. But some friends convince me I should be more "modern" so I installed Office 2007, with Win XP SP4. It seems very complicated to me, but I have problems with Outlook. My emails don't download "normally", I have to close OL and reopen it (of course before, I did a send/receive and there was no email), not always though, sometimes they download. To prevent your next question, they are mail that should have been in my inbox for some time (a few hours). Also I don't get an alert. "Before" I ...

Puzzling out the Navigation Pane (Access 2007)
Hi All, Been looking at the Access 2007 Navigation Pane as a replacement for the venerable Switchboard. Soo... I can create shortcuts to objects, put those shortcuts in Custom Categories and Groups and Disable the DesignView property of the shortcut. Ok. I can run an autoexec macro to hide all native categories. Fine. What's to prevent the end user from right clicking on the shortcut and enabling DesignView again? ...

DPM 2007 Agent installation on DC Error 270
Hi I'm starting to get insance cause of this. It's the first time I'm working with DPM. I had some problems before with it (Installing it on 2008 R2), an other little things which I could work out over the time. But now I'm stuck. I tried to Install the agent on both of our DCs, both time the integration into the DPM Server failed. I dont remember the error I got on the win2003 DC, right now I'm trying it on the 2008 DC. I uninstalled it, installed it again, same as before. No firewall active on the DPM-Server or the DC. I added the DPM-Server account to t...

Access 2007 query (large IN statement), alternate approaches
I have an Access 2007 database where I let users use the built-in filtering from the datasheet portion of a split screen form. Example: The user might have 10,000 accounts and they filter the list to show 4,000 from 5 different cities. I give the user and option to for example print labels for these 4,000 filtered accounts. My first approach was as follows: - build a where clause string as a giant IN clause for all 4,000 - pass this to the report as a where clause using open report works fine until the where clause gets to be too many characters then fails. Second and cu...

Access 2003 and Access 2007 on same workstation
Sorry, this has probably been asked a thousand times. Can I install Access 2007 on a machine with Access 2003 and keep both versions. I used to do this with Access 2000 and 2003. Since I am a developer, I need to test and develope with the customers version. TIA Marcus Yes you can. However, be aware that there's currently a problem so that whenever you switch from one version to the other, it'll take several minutes. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "Marcus Smaby" <mrsmaby@msn.mom> wrote in message news:%23...

Outlook 2007 keeps restarting
Running Windows 7 and Outlook with Business contact. Outlook keeps restarting and shuting down. -- krm -- krm "krmaddock" wrote: > Running Windows 7 and Outlook with Business contact. Outlook keeps restarting > and shuting down. > -- > krm ...

MAPI Error in Excel 2007
Folks, Apologies, this appears to have been talked about a lot, but I've not found a resolution. Recently installed Microsoft Office 2007 SP1 Consequently, anytime I try to send a spreadsheet workbook as a mail attachment (Office Menu -> Send -> E-mail) I get the "General mail failure. Quit Microsoft Office Excel, restart the mail system, and try again." dialogue. I've been trolling the google/groups looking for a fix. The general consensus/theory appears to be that the MAPI session has been clsoed somehow. I've tried the following based on various discussion...

Problem with ppt in PP 2007
Hi I have a PowerPoint presentation created in PowerPoint from Office XP which I just opened in PP from Office 2007 and noticed a weird problem I cannot solve. In the example slide at http://www.hold.orthohelp.com/Presentation1.pptx there is a superimposed vertical line of text that was not in the original. It does not appear in the slideshow but I cannot remove it. What is it and how do I get rid of it? Thanks, Jeff On 3/3/2010 9:14 AM, Jeff@couldbeinvalid.com wrote: > Hi > I have a PowerPoint presentation created in PowerPoint from Office XP > which I j...

MS Outlook 2007

link file from virtual windows xp to access 2007 on windows 7 plat
I am trying to link a paradox db file to access 2007 db. The paradox file resides on a virtual windows xp platform within the windows 7 platform of the physical machine. How do I map this field into access? -- cblackman ...

2007 RDP issue
I RDP to my home PC that has Money 2007 and it keeps redrawing the screen and wont start. This was annoying in 2005 but eventually it would calm down and you could use it, but now you cant Just need a simple start screen or way to bypass etc. Michael, I use Remote Desktop with Money 2007 Premium across my LAN It works flawlessly. Are you using it across the internet? Are you using the new version of RDP? I think it's version 6.0.6 -Kevin "Michael" <Michael@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5FCC33A9-BB7A-4FE6-9545-0ACF1866DEFB@microsoft.com... >I RDP ...

Outlook 2007 IMAP send error 0x800CCC80
The Outlook 2007 Beta 2 client is giving the 0x800CCC80 "None of the authentication methods supported by this client are supported by your server" error message when sending for an IMAP configuration running on Windows Vista Beta 2. Is there an enhanced security setting I am missing with the Outlook 2007 client or perhaps with Windows Vista that is preventing messages from being sent? ADDITIONAL INFO: Residential high speed Internet via Cox cable requires the use of their SMTP server for all outgoing SMTP traffic so I use my incoming IMAP server and Cox's outgoing SMTP ...

Excel and Word 2007
Is it possible to switch back to the 2003 display with pull down menus in lieu of all the new Icons? If so how? I find the 2007 versions very difficult to use. You can get (some are free) addins Classic Menu and Toolbars in XL 2007 http://www.addintools.com/english/menuoffice/ Excel-2007 add-in to display XL 2003 menubars & toolbars http://in.geocities.com/shahshaileshs/addins.htm ToolbarToggle: http://www.toolbartoggle.com/ But if you give it a decent chance you will get used to the ribbon best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme ...