2007 SP2 breaks Excel Graphics in Save as PDF

After installing Office SP2 it was discovered that when using Save as PDF in
Excel 2007 SP2 with a workbook that contained graphs those graphs would be
broken by page breaks in the output PDF.

This is a bug I have seen internet postings on but have found no trace of
being documented by Microsoft. Hopefully customers experiencing this issue
can find this thread.

If your workbooks in your enterprise are heavy on graphs this issue is HUGE
(trust me) - because everybody wants to either print or have a PDF.

The initial resolution to the issue is to remove Office SP2 rolling back to
SP1. This is accomplished with a released uninstaller tool available at

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=b97e6ecf-8da5-455d-b3bb-8ff2223f97c4&displaylang=en

KB Article: 954914

After the tool has completed successfully Excel 2007 will be on SP1. However
the "gotcha" is that you lost the Save as PDF Add-In. Apparently since SP2
includes this Add-In, the uninstall tool takes it out even if you had it
previously installed as the stand-alone install.

So you next need to visit

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=4d951911-3e7e-4ae6-b059-a2e79ed87041&displaylang=en

and pick up the Add-In and once again install the Save as PDF feature.

At this point you have resolved the issue and your Excel graphs will output
to PDF and print fully intact once again.

It ain't over yet though. This issue comes back to ruin your day from an
innocent looking update known as Security Update KB 969682. This is the stuff
that makes you want to have Automatic Updates turned off.

You can go to Control Panel, Programs, Windows Updates  listing and find the
install of Security Update KB 969682. You can also look at the Version of
Excel and find that it is at 12.0.6504.5001 SP1.

Right click that Security Update install and select Uninstall to remove the
Update.

Once that is completed the Version of Excel is 12.0.6331.5000

With that complete the issue is again resolved. No more busted charts and
disgruntled users.

I've found that you need to stay at Version 12.0.6331.5000  to avoid the
issue. So keep on eye on Updates.

--
David Bartosik
Office Publisher MVP

excel VBA

Need help with Excel Form & ComboBox Tutorial
At http://www.excel-vba.com/v-forms-controls.htm I have followed instructions... my code on the form is below but it won't run... I've marked the error... Can anybody give me any help with this? thanks Code is below-------------- Private Sub cmdBtnSubmit_Click() shReport.Range("C4").Value = cbxCity.Value cbxCity.Value = "Select a City" frmCity.Hide End Sub Private Sub cmdCityCancel_Click() cbxCity.Value = "Select a City" frmCity.Hide End Sub Private Sub UserForm_Activate() shParameterst.Activate '<-----Run Time Error 424 - Object Required...

Publisher 2007 -how to view all pages in bottom row of taskbar
I've upgraded from 2003, and now the pages of my webpage listed on the bottom of the Publisher window are all missing (my website pub. document contains 10 pages, which were visible as number rows at the bottom underneath the document within the publisher taskbar frame). I cannot select a page any more. How can I get this page row back? Thank you in advance for your replies. CosmicFaery wrote: > I've upgraded from 2003, and now the pages of my webpage listed on > the bottom of the Publisher window are all missing (my website pub. > document contains 10 pages, which were ...

"Do you want to save" when Excel OPENS
I understand about the "Do you want to save" message when you close Excel, even if you didn't make any changes: Excel doesn't distinguish between real changes and the recalculation of volatile functions. But at work we've had a user claim that he gets the message when he OPENS Excel when our add-in is checked (having been checked when Excel was open before). Specifically, it asks "Do you want to save changes to Sheet 2?" I'm sure it's not our add-in as such, since no one has ever report this before. But it may be some interaction between our add-...

Excel Time Problem
I exported a file from a telephone switch reporting system as a "tab separated text" file, because when I export the data in Excel I have to deal with merged cells and other formatting problems. I have a couple of columns that have time values like 160:02:05 for logged in time, and 34:16:46 as the waiting dime� Both are time �DURATIONS� or time in a state. I used the Format, Cell, custom and [ss] to get the duration value to seconds, and I get 123406 and 576125 respectively. I then use these numbers in a calculation typically like 1338 / (576125 - 123406) and I get 219 as the an...

Excel 2000: File >> New menu command causes application crash
This is occurring on only one machine on a network! After saving an emailed Excel template to a standard network location for Microsoft templates, when selecting File >> New this installation of Excel 2000 crashes ("Excel not responding" on Close program dialog). On other machines there is no problem. Have "repaired" Microsoft Office using that option from the installation CD-ROM, have removed Excel from Office installation, rebooted and reinstalled Excel. No change on the problem behaviour. Everything else appears to be working just fine in this copy of Excel. We ...

excel #76
i have two different spreadsheets containing two columns, column A contains reference numbers (both sheets will have the same refernces) column B will contain the amounts which may differ on each sheet. i need to run a compare program to identify all amounts that differ between the spreadsheets for the same refernce number. for eample sheet 1 reference no amount 111 120.00 112 345.90 113 122.50 sheet 2 reference no amount 111 0.00 112 345.90 113 100.00 how can i find out the amounts and refernces...

EXCEL.exe has generated errors
For an knowned reason, the following message recently started to display when clicking on EXCEL on an Windows 2000 system. EXCEL.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You will needed to restart the program. An error log is being created. (OK) Attempts have been made to repair, deinstall and reinstall Office 2000. However, the above message still displays with trying to bring up EXCEL. Can anyone help? This WebPage by Chip Pearson provides a good place to troubleshoot. http://www.cpearson.com/excel/StartupErrors.htm HTH Paul --...

Excel 2007 dates and conditional formats
Can anyone please tell me why I can not use a conditional format (<>=) to identify if a date is greater or smaller then another. Everytime I try it, Excel does it right in the first column but misses by 2 days in all following. It also appears to have problems with the years. Example: Date of propposed compleation of a task is 10/10/07; if the date of actual completion is 10/10/07 or sooner, turn GREEN. If the date of completion is 10/11/07 or older, turn RED. Can anyone help?? Regards Mary Hi Mary, First thing to check: What does 10/11/07 mean? November 10 1907? November 10 2007? O...

MozyPro breaks VSS backups
We installed MozyPro on SBS 08 last night and the Windows Backups have failed completely since that time. I reran the SBS 08 backup wizard, but it doesn't help. Anyone using MozyPro and Win 08/SBS08 Backup? -- You can't trust your best friends, your five senses, only the little voice inside you that most civilians don't even hear -- Listen to that. Trust yourself. spam999free@rrohio.com (remove 999 for proper email address) ...

how do i create a quiz using excel?
hey guys...i badly need to make a quiz using excel,,,i got no clue how to do it. the quiz will be a simple one, no drop downs and should display the scores after the quiz is taken.... please help! Andruu, What type of quiz are you looking to create? What format are the answers? Numbers? Text? One suggestion..... 1. Add questions *What is 2 x 2?* 2. Assign cells for the user to insert their answers. (format cells as text/numbers etc) *Cell: B2* 3. Either in hidden cells, or on a seperate sheet, put the correct answers 4. Assign a point value for each correct answer (can be different for ...

Only 1 taskbar button when i open 2 excel documents
Hi all. When i open 2 excel documents i have only 1 taskbar button on the taskbar even though i did not choose the option to group similar taskbar buttons under taskbar properties. Hence when i want to switch between the 2 documents i need to go to window and select them. Hence how do i solve this so that i can have 2 taskbar buttons of the excel documents on the taskbar? Thks in advance. Tools>Options>View, check Windows In taskbar -- HTH Bob Phillips "inenewbl" <inenewbl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6F715432-2EB2-47AC-B737-56D63F37537A@mi...

Creating a new document from a multiple paged Excel document
Can I save only one page of an existing Excel multiple page document? If so, how? Thanks to anyone that can take the time to answer/instruct. Right-click the sheet tab that you want, and hit Move or Copy. Choose "Create a copy" and then, from the dropdown, choose "new book". **** Hope it helps! **** ~Dreamboat Excel VBA Certification Coming Soon! www.VBAExpress.com/training/ ******************************** "Lisa" <Lisa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CBBDECC6-2432-41D4-99F2-C1EF10B1EC1F@microsoft.com... > Can I save only one page of...

What does the "E" in 5E
I am used MS EXCEL to perform a scatter plot. When the information was graph, Excel provided me with the formula 5E - 71e^0.085x. What does the "E" in 5E mean? The E is the way Excel represents 10 to the power. So 1.2E3 is 1.2X10^3 or 1200 and 1.2E-3 is 1.2 x 10^-3 or 0.0012. "College Professor" -- Bernard Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove CAPS in email address "College student" <College student@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8F20E8A3-BDC6-42E5-A5D0-508D57C40F42@microsoft.com... >I am used MS EXCEL to perform a scatte...

XmlDocument save and end tag formatting

Excel 2007 exits without asking if I want to save
Hi All, I just started using Excel 2007 recently. I notice it exits when I keys in Alt-F4, without confirming if I want to save, even if I had made changes to the workbook. Is there an option which I can set and make Excel 2007 verify if the user, wants to save before exiting? This is the default in earlier Excel versions. Thanks for help. have you recently run a macro in which you forgot to turn on Application.DisplayAlerts =3D True? susan On Nov 24, 5:25=A0am, ch <c...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi All, > > I just started using Excel 200...

Scrolling in Excel
Please help My spreadsheet has a 'frozen' row at the top containing column headers, when I scroll down through my rows below, excel scrolls down 3 rows at a time. Now because my data in the rows below is in sections (1 section contains 5 rows) sometimes I end up viewing 2 different sections (half of one and half of the one below) at the same time. Is there anyway you can instruct excel to only jump down so many lines when you scroll down? Many thanks -- Bensum Change the mouse wheel settings in the Control Panel of the operating system you use. Bensum wrote...

PDF RMS DB Map
Hi all, I remember seeing a PDF Map of the RMS DB, does anyone has one or know where I can download one? Thanks, Carlos ...

excel opens under task bar
hi, I find that excel always opens under the taskbar. is there some way to 'reset' the opening position to the screen dimensions + taskbar size so it opens below ? it seems to do this on XP pro and 98 SE from time to time. thanks, kd ...

Pocket Excel
I have a reasonably complicated excel quoting document that contains various formulae. Is there anyway I can check to see if it will work on Excel Pocket (PPC 2003) before I go out and buy a PDA. This will be it's primary function. Is there some kind of emulator or reduced down version of Excel I can use? Hi, The PocketPC 2003 SDK is available to download from MS, I'm not sure, but I was told (by someone I can't remember), that it may have the PPC2003 emulator in it. If so, you should be able to use that. You may also need to download ActiveSync 3.7 to be able to upload...

Copy and paste from Excel to GridView
Hello, is it possible to copy and paste values taken from an Excel spreedsheet into the grid of a GridView in a ASP.NET page? Luigi On May 21, 4:29=A0pm, Luigi <Lu...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hello, > is it possible to copy and paste values taken from an Excel spreedsheet i= nto > the grid of a GridView in a ASP.NET page? > > Luigi You mean from a single cell or entire table? The standard gridview control is a data-bound control for rendering data. It has no paste function. To copy and paste values from Excel you can use a separated textbox...

Signature will not save in Outlook
Please help! Signature will not save when I close Outlook and return. Any help would be great! Thanks ...

Evey time I create a new document and save it, it defaults to template
I am using excel 2003. Evey time I create a new document and save it, it defaults to template - xlt. To create a document I just do new -> blank document. How can i fix this? thanks Tools>Options>Transition. Save Excel Files As. Change to MS Excel Workbook. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 5 Feb 2010 17:54:26 -0600, "Greg" <greg@nospam.com> wrote: >I am using excel 2003. >Evey time I create a new document and save it, it defaults to template - >xlt. >To create a document I just do new -> blank document. > >How...

business contact manager will not import ACT! 2007
Just upgraded, but my new version of ACT! 2007 will not work. I tried exporting to CSV but mapping was off. ...

XML and Excel
Hi, I am not familiar with Excel 2003's XML capabilities and looking for more information. Is there a book or website somewhere that will provide some introductory materials on this subject? I am particularly interested in Excel's exporting and importing capabilities of XML files. Thanks in advance, VT There's information on the Microsoft site, for example: http://msdn.microsoft.com/office/understanding/xmloffice/default.aspx http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=288215 vtisix wrote: > Hi, > > I am not familiar with Excel 2003's XML capabilities and lookin...