2007: How to show ribbon in XLS sheets opened with Internet Explor

Our company has the Browse in Same Window flag on for the XLS and DOC file
types. This is needed for these documents to work inside of our own
application. When opening a Word Doc it shows the ribbon within IE and you
can make all your changes and stuff. But when you open and Excel Sheet within
IE, it only shows the spreadsheet and the formula bar. There is no ribbon. If
you look closely I was able to see the ribbon show for a split second but
then dissapear. Also, if you try and do Alt+F to get the ribbon, IE takes it
over, so that alternative is out. Is there a way to enable the ribbon for
files viewed in IE? The reason it's a problem is that the user wants to do
the Sort command, and there is no shortcut key for the Sort button. We have a
workaround but wondering if it's possible to implement this. My developer who
works on the application is also looking into it on the programming side.

 -Tim D
0
timdsfmic (2)
8/25/2008 7:42:03 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

PowerPoint 2007 / 2003 "Compare & Merge" crosswalk?
I cannot find the "Compare and Merge Presentations" function on 2007. The tutorial says some of 2003 functions were lost, and you should check with online help. Have not been able to locate anything equivalent or close in 2007. That feature was removed from PPT 2007. It's back (and better) in PPT 2010, though. PPT 2010 is in beta right now. -- Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com "Confused Presentor" <Confused Presentor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0436F244-FE21-449D-9F85-F02788E0BFE0@microsoft.com... > I canno...

Cannot hide column "cannot shift objects off sheet"
When I try to hide a column with the regular procedure (select the column, Format, Column, Hide) I get the message "Cannot shift objects off sheet" and the column doesn't hide. What does this mean and why is it happening? Thanks, Alan -- achidsey Hi Achidsey, See MSKB article # 211769: 'Cannot shift objects off sheet" error message when you hide columns in Excel' http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;211769 --- Regards, Norman "achidsey" <chidsey2@hotmail.com(notmorespam)> wrote in message news:23783FC5-52E4-4326-A1...

select sheets for printing
Can anyone tell me how to select sheets in a workbook based on a cell value for printing? I have many sheets, I want to select all the sheets that have a value greater than 0 in C2 for printing, which I guess will then go something like: ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.PrintOut Thanks in advance for help Benny bennyob, try this, Sub Print_sheets() 'will print sheet with a vavle >0 in C2 For Each Sheet In ThisWorkbook.Worksheets Sheet.Activate If Range("C2").Value > 0 Then 'use this to test and comment out below ActiveSheet.PrintPreview 'use thi...

making a spread sheet
if for eg: i have ID1 in one cell i would like another cell to say 34 for eg: if H1 was"IDE" then can i make J1 say"44" =IF(H1="ID1",34,IF(H1="IDE",44,"")) -- HTH Bob Phillips "lofty" <lofty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B15D3F2E-5A35-4B26-803B-92EF11744E1F@microsoft.com... > if for eg: i have ID1 in one cell i would like another cell to say 34 > for eg: if H1 was"IDE" then can i make J1 say"44" ...

New to Access 2007
Hi, I am new to Access 2007 and having trouble working with a 2003(?) MDB. I opened it with the Shift Key down and I can see the tables, forms, etc. But when I select a form, I can only open it; the option to Design the form is greyed out and the entire Forms tab in the Ribbon is greyed out too. Help! Thanks much, Glenn "Glenn H" <glenn@pivotal-z.com> wrote in message news:1187024333.492672.70330@q4g2000prc.googlegroups.com... > Hi, I am new to Access 2007 and having trouble working with a 2003(?) > MDB. I opened it with the Shift Key down and I can see the tabl...

Outllok 2007 reminders keep coming back
I have run the /cleanreminders switch but they keep coming back. Any suggestions? John ...

Pivot table chart problem, How to show different subtotal levels
Hi, Using Excel 2003, I have a pivot table using external data via ODBC. I have a chart based on my pivot table. The table and chart are working correctly. The PTcontains two levels of sales subtotals 1st level is by county 2nd level is by state. My client is telling me that the data in the chart is too detailed. He wants to have the both levels of subtotals in the PT, but only the county subtotals in the chart. If I delete the county sales subtotals from the chart, they are also deleted from the PT. Is it possible for the chart to be based on the PT and not show ...

Outlook 2003 opens multiple instances
When I double click the desktop icon for outlook it opens twice or has two instances available in the task manager window. Once I disable or end these and reopen outlook it is fine. Also, we are currently running Viewmail and Viewfax from Active Voice. Any help would be grealty appreciated. Charles Garcia wrote: > When I double click the desktop icon for outlook it opens > twice or has two instances available in the task manager > window. Once I disable or end these and reopen outlook it > is fine. This happens randomly for me too. In fact, for a long time it used to a...

Calculate As of Date Check Book Opening Balance
Hi Is there any way to calculate as of opening and closing balance of a given check for Payments and Deposits Listing report Module = Banak Management Regards Irfan ...

System Data Protection 2007 on a SBS 2008 Domain
Hi all, This is a lab situation where I have SBS 2008 running on HyperV and doing well... I would like to install Server 2008R2, give it 2 or 4 GBs RAM, 2 CPUs and then install System Data Protection 2007 Has anyone tried this? Is it doable at all? Thanks to all, Dan On Jan 7, 11:52=A0am, "Daniel Jewel" <cyberdud...@yahoo.com.br> wrote: > Hi all, > > This is a lab situation where I have SBS 2008 running on HyperV and doing > well... > > I would like to install Server 2008R2, give it 2 or 4 GBs RAM, 2 CPUs and > then install Sy...

Labels in a drawing sheet
Hi I would like to create a spreadsheet that has a data type input sheet as sheet one with a drawing (.wmf or tif or jpeg) as sheet two. What I would like to happen is when a cell is filled in on sheet one a dimension is then placed on the drawing in the correct place on sheet two. Iwould like this to happen to a number of cells. Is this possible any help appreciated Alcistra Possibly using an event macro, but not just using formulas. Not sure what help you are looking for. -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy David Blaine <bry@alcistra.screaming.net> wrote in message news:bkc619$10fh$1@ID-15...

Multiple workbooks open -- closing workbooks
Dear Clever People, I hope this is not the "silly question of the day". We were wondering (when you have multiple workbooks open and you close one workbook) why are all other workbooks forced to be closed, too? Is it possible to ever close one workbook and leave all the others open? Thank you, Janet Close it by going to file>close or by pressing Ctrl + F4 or by clicking the smaller X below the big red X -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Janet Panighetti" <JanetPanighetti@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1C9BC30B-BE1A-4605-B215-99C07CB1D366...

Backing up open database
Hi All, Two part question: can an open database be backed up (by the user who has it open) and if so, are there any issues associated with doing so? I have an Access 2000 database through which we crunch payroll data from a Progress database for the purpose of printing information not stored in the Progress database on check stubs. The Access database is not set up such that the users open it exclusively however, I have code in place that prevents a second user from opening the database if someone's already in. As part of the payroll processing, I have the payroll clerks notify me...

Power Point Viewer 2007 won't open ".pps" files
Using Windows 7, Home Premium, 32 bit. No Office 2007 installed. Using Microsoft Works. Have experienced several issues with Office PPT Viewer 2007. Cleared them, but additionally each time I try to open a .pps file, either from the Desktop or Windows Mail, I receive the following: "C:\Users|AMD\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\TemporaryInternetFiles\content.IE5\E7D22GOW\Gathering of Mustangs and Legends2007.pps is not a valid Win32 application". I have opened this file many times on another computer, so don't think it is an issue with the file. The software has be...

usb storage
hello, i have created an UpperFilter driver for the DiskDrive class. the purpose is to enable/disable usb sticks. i have created a control device object and created a couple of IOCTRLs, so that my user app can do the enabling/disabling. to disable, in AddDevice, i do IoGetDeviceProperty on the DeviceObject's DevicePropertyHardwareID. if it begins with USBSTOR then i set a 'isUsb' flag on the DeviceExtension. then, in the IRP_MJ_CREATE handler, i get this flag back, and if set, i just do IoCompleteRequest and return success. this works just fine - when i insert a u...

Internet Update zapped by October budget
Today after I downloaded transactions from my online accounts I noticed that my October budget was gone. It was there yesterday, so the only thing I can think happened was that the "Money Update" portion of the Internet Update downloaded something that affected my October budget. Has this happened to anyone else? On the individual transactions the catagories I assigned are still there, but the information for all of October has been deleted from the budget. What do I do now? Thank you. >-----Original Message----- >Today after I downloaded transactions from my on...

can't get sheet to display after editing header
I was working on a spreadsheet in Excel 2007 that I had previously created in Excel 2003. When I edited the header in page layout and switch back to normal view my data disappeared. I can see the data in print preview, but don't know how to view it and work with it in normal view because in noraml view it is hidden. What am i doing wrong? Jas ...

Publisher 2003 Not Showing Graphics (Pictures)
OK, this is just too weird. Two computers, both running Publisher 2003. On #1, all graphics load and everything is fine. On #2, all of a sudden [last week] *SOME* of the pictures stop showing up, replaced by placeholder with red 'x'. So what happened last week? Why some pictures and not others? I emptied out temp folders, switched the "View" settings for pictures, but I'm not sure what to try next. Any suggestions? Wayne Day wrote: > On #2, all of a sudden [last week] *SOME* of the pictures stop showing > up, replaced by placeholder with red 'x'. > ...

Error - Did not CLose Before Exiting
I'm receiving an error.. "...did not close the file before exiting" Money needs to verify the information in your file When I click Yes I then recevie the error.... "The email address or Password is in correct" ....if you are opening an existing file, sign in without access to online services. I know the password is correct as I have not changed it and it works with an older version of this file(from 1-month ago). I've tried to repair the current file, but was unsuccessful How can I sign in offline? Hello: My recommendation is to restore a ...

2007 dst issue
the client i support currently has about 20 exchange 2003 sp1 servers (mixed FE/BE (mostly clusters) PF, BH) i am putting a plan in place to move to sp2 early next year i have since come across article 926666 regarding the post sp2 exchange update for 2007 dst change i have built a test environment to successfully create this issue i have a 2003 sp1 dc and a 2003 sp1 server with exchange 2003 sp2 including the windows dst update but not the exchange update i then created a test mailbox and from outlook setup 5 calendar entries the week of march 26 at various times when viewing in OWA, al...

opening multiple blank documents on start-up
Hi, I'm trying to figure out how I can open multiple blank documents on my (MDI) application's startup. (using VC++ 6.0) I've looked at the commandline info stuff, but it looks like I can only tell it to do one FileNew. Basically I just want, say, n new documents created (along with their views, presumably) when I start my program. Anyone have any ideas on how I might do this, or can suggest where I should look for answers? thanks! Brian In principle: make the doc template a member object in your app.h CMultiDocTemplate* m_pMyDocTemplate; use this pointer in the .cpp temp...

IFERROR function from XL 2003 to 2007
File was created in XL2003, I had an "IFERROR(x,y)" VBA function referenced in cell formula, see: http://min.us/mvj137H Now in XL2007, I removed the VBA "IFERROR" so as to use the built-in IFERROR. The problem is as you see in the picture, XL2007 is NOT automatically using the built-in. (F9 does not work) I have to manually "touch" the individual cell formula (like put in a space after "=") to have the formula recalculate. Please help , thanks Untested. How about just selecting all the cells Hit ctrl-h (like Edit|Replace in xl2003 menus) What:...

Outlook 2007 Distorts Inserted Pictures -- How do I make it stop?
When inserting pictures in HTML or RTF emails, Outlook 2007 uses the size in INCHES (for some ungodly reason) instead of in PIXELS. How the heck do I revert to the traditional 1:1 pixel mapping so that a 900 x 600 pixel picture shows up as 900 x 600 pixels in the email? I want it to ignore the INCHES and DPI attributes and just display the JPG as a website would : using the X x Y information only. Wow, not a single reply after weeks and weeks. :-( "mjs" <no@thanks.com> wrote in message news:ur9qg2bxIHA.1936@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > When inserting pictures in HTML...

Uninstalled 2007 Trial, now all docs don't open
I used the 2007 Trial and uninstalled it, and now my docs do not open in the 2003 Version that came on my computer from the beginning. Any ideas? I do not have the original CD. Did you save your files as .docx or .doc? If it's the former you need to go to Microsoft's site and download the 2007 compatibility pack for 2003. -- "Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you." "JenLy" <JenLy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:79ABD79A-9164-4B20-AE07-013AD9DFE4F3@microsoft.com... ...

Error 2203 when trying to upgrade Office 2003 to 2007
Error 2203 keeps appearing. I have added Outlook 2007 with Business Contact Manager about a year ago. Could this cause the error message to show up and what can I do do resolve? "Bosh" <Bosh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3EF38140-358A-42CE-9448-396621A7F927@microsoft.com... > Error 2203 keeps appearing. I have added Outlook 2007 with Business > Contact > Manager about a year ago. Could this cause the error message to show up > and > what can I do do resolve? Try a Google Search on ERROR 2203, and scroll the list for your p...