2003: Page Setup missing from File menu

Is this by design or have I done something strange? I want to freeze the top line to
repeat on all sheets and cannot find anywhere else to do that.

tcebob

0
tcebob
4/16/2010 11:02:58 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

File>Page Setup is gone from your menu?

It should be there.

Are you missing anything else?

Try putting Page Setup back onto the File Menu.

Tools>Customize>Commands>File

Scroll down to "Page Setup" and left-click drag to File Menu.

If you have other things missing from your menus maybe you should just try
re-setting all.

Tools>Customize>Toolbars.

Select Worksheet Menu bar and "Reset"

This will reset to installation default and will wipe out any customizations
you may have made.

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 16 Apr 2010 19:02:58 -0400, "tcebob" <handle @ gwi.net> wrote:

>Is this by design or have I done something strange? I want to freeze the top line to
>repeat on all sheets and cannot find anywhere else to do that.
>
>tcebob

0
Gord
4/17/2010 12:04:54 AM
Gord, thanks very much. I didn't know one could drag to the menus.

tcebob

"tcebob" <handle @ gwi.net> wrote in message news:eF$TLkb3KHA.1452@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
: Is this by design or have I done something strange? I want to freeze the top line to
: repeat on all sheets and cannot find anywhere else to do that.
:
: tcebob
:
:

0
tcebob

stdole32.tlb is missing or damaged
I helped a friend install his copy of Office XP Professional last week and everything installed fine. His computer is for home use and he has several children accounts and one adminstration account. All of the Office products work fine except Excel. Excel works fine on the admin account but he receives the following error message when he launches Excel on any of the other accounts: "One of your object libraries (stdole32.tlb) is missing or damaged. Please run setup to install it." If you select ok then it appears to run and work fine but each time you run Excel on any of...

Border Art Button Missing in Dialog Box
I have 200 high school students working in Publisher 2003 on Windows XP SP3. SP3 was installed a few days ago. However, I don't know if this problem existed before then. We are on a Novell Network, but the program was installed locally from an image distribution. On some of our computers, the Border Art button is missing in the Format AutoShape and Format Text Box Dialog Boxes. The button was originally there. I have no clue how students removed the button. Can someone help me put the button back so that border art is available again? Can you tell me how the button was removed? ...

Synchronise Outlook 2003

Bulk Import Wizard for Leads Issue
Hi, I am trying to import Lead records using a CSV file containing around 3,000 records. I have tested with around 20 records (taken from the larger file) and it imports fine but when I select the the 3,000 record file for import the wizard gives an error message somthing like (sorry don't have exact wording) 'Source Import file is corrupt'. Are there any known issues with CSV files such as the following : 1) Special characters such as an asterix not handled 2) Email and Website type fields must all be correctly formatted? 3) File is too large Thanks for your help in adva...

excel file can't be opened #2

How to transpose in excel file

MBF file won't open...am I hosed???
In my previous computer I had a flaky hard drive. While it still worked I backed up all my important files to CD's and DVD's. Since I dutifully backed up my MNY file (to two locations) each time I used my Money 2001 I didn't think to copy my MNY file I merely copied the MBF files from those locations. Once, I had to use that an MBF file as my MNY file was corrupt and it worked flawlessly. I saw no reason why it shouldn't do so again. Plus I was in panic mode to get all the data possible from the dying HD. Now that I have a new computer I installed my copy of MM 2001 and wh...

Outlook 2003 cuts off lines

Microsoft Money 2003
When I try to print a chart or report, I get the message "This program has caused a default, etc." and it shuts down. Can you give me some hints on how to correct this? Thanks Is this all reports or a particular one? If it's only one, try resetting the report. If that doesn't help, try it in a new file. If it does it in multiple files, you may need to try updating your printer driver or removing and reinstalling Money. "Mary J" <mjohns04@mail.win.org> wrote in message news:035001c377cc$e2e77840$a301280a@phx.gbl... > When I try to print a chart or re...

Can't restor backup file, "Please insert the next backup disk.....
I have money 2005 backup file (.mbf) and my original file has gotten corrupted somehow and can't repair it (computer hung and had to be restarted). Whenever I try to restor the backup file, I get the following message, Window Title: Money Multiple Disk Backup Message: Please insert the next backup disk. (The disk containing file "".) I was backing up on a different connected single harddrive and there is only one file. The file is not in multiple pieces and on different drives. When I click OK, it doesn't do anything and cancel just stops the process. I even down...

printing setup
I want to print reports on page 15*11" in excel in louts we can costom page acourding to our requirement , how we can do it in excel ? I'm not sure you can. Excel does not seem to have custom paper size options. There is an 11 * 15 paper size available. Could you use this and set the bottom margin 2" bigger to compensate? "afzaal766@hotmail.com" <afzaal766@hotmail.com@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0A84FD54-D5D8-42B5-AE3F-3001DE00E5EE@microsoft.com... > I want to print reports on page 15*11" in excel > in louts we can co...

Report Designer on Visual Studio 2005: Is it possible without 2003?
Do I have to install Visual Studio .NET 2003 to design new reports on CRM? I can't publish them on CRM when I have only the Visual Studio 2005 installed on my machine. When I install the SRS Designer, the Wizard tells me that I do not have the Visual Studio 2003. Thanks in advance! You need VS to create report rdl file. Visual Studio 2005 should work. To publish report you can log into CRM to upload your report file. "Juliano" <tom@jager.com> wrote in message news:B5808A28-946C-4F78-92DF-1C965F74448A@microsoft.com... > Do I have to install Visual Studio .NET 2...

Exchange 5.5 to 2003 Migration Question #3
Hello, We are currently migrating users to Exchange 2003 from 5.5. The 5.5 server is located here and the new 2003 server is located in a different office. One user (who we have moved already) is trying to access and user's calendar, but that user is still on 5.5. They are getting the following error: unable to display the folder. The information store could not be opened Any ideas on how to make the user on 2003 (running Outlook 2003) connect to the user's calendar on the 5.5 server? The user has the "Owner" permission on the 5.5 calendar. Thanks! ...

Importing Outlook 2003 to Win 98 Outlook

How do you check out a file from a link
I have received a link to an excel file stored in a SharePoint library. When I open the file the option to 'check out the file' does not appear at the top of my screen. This function does work for a word document in the same library. Please can you advise. Thanks With your browser, go to the Library where the document is located and check out from there. --rms www.rmschneider.com On 16/04/10 15:44, Tracey T wrote: > I have received a link to an excel file stored in a SharePoint library. When > I open the file the option to 'check out the fi...

Outlook 2003: export accounts settings

how to get the system setup time.
I want to get the system setup time. but this code didn't work! CreateFile always return -1, and the error code is 0x00000005!(Access is denied.) TCHAR path[MAX_PATH]; if (GetWindowsDirectory(path, MAX_PATH)==0) break; HANDLE h = CreateFile(path, GENERIC_READ, FILE_SHARE_READ|FILE_SHARE_WRITE, NULL, OPEN_EXISTING, FILE_ATTRIBUTE_NORMAL, NULL); if (h==INVALID_HANDLE_VALUE) break; // always return Access is denied.! FILETIME ft1, ft2, ft3; if (!GetFileTime(h, &ft1, &ft2, &ft3)) break; thank you ! Buried in the MSDN documentation for the CreateFile function, there...

Rename project file
Hello, How do you rename a project file? TIA, Jacques If you're still using version 6 this program works pretty well. http://www.ucancode.net/Products/free%20product/toolbox.htm Tom "Jacques Cooper" <jcooper@jcsoftware.net> wrote in message news:eYU%23fWSSDHA.2852@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > How do you rename a project file? > > TIA, > Jacques > > ...

Re: merging a pub file into a pub document?
GbH wrote: > I'm sure I've seen this somewhere in here or a similar newsgroup. > Someone clever has written a script that will import a publisher > document into an existing/open publisher document. > Please can somebody point me at it. > > -- Also why did my post seem to disappear off the server before I could read it? -- -- Wisdom and experience come with age, they say, but I wish I could remember the darn question Both of your posts show -- Don Vancouver, USA up here. "GbH" <Geoff_Hannington@IEE.ORGasm> wrote in message news:u7JmyS0d...

how to convert word file into excel file
If any body know about how to convert MS Word file into MS Excel file please let me know. I am unable to do so. Help me Rizwan Wrote: > If any body know about how to convert MS Word file into MS Excel file > please > let me know. > I am unable to do so. > > Help me Hi Rizwan Try Copy and Paste -- Paul Sheppard ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Paul Sheppard's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24783 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=467752 Dear Pau...