#VALUE! error when I try to insert a row

I have created a spreadsheet that I seem to be receiving an odd error
in an intermittent manner.

I have a formula =IF(ISTEXT($S9),DetermineValue(L9),0)  that totally
works, where DetermineValue is a function I created that returns an
integer.  I populate the same tab with input data, and the formula
above and function performs 100% correctly. (no array formulas or
anything too exotic) - This is done in Tab B.  S9 cell is populated
using a vlookup that references a range in Tab A that always populates
correctly.

On another tab (Tab A), when I create a brand new row, well below the
range that is used in a Vlookup, I get a #VALUE! error in the formula
created above.

I have tried to copy the formulas to a new sheet, and started over
again, and I still get this unexplainable error.  The even odder thing
is, when I click on the cell with the #VALUE! error, I merely put my
curser on the formula bar and hit enter the =IF(ISTEXT
($S9),DetermineValue(L9),0) recalculates correctly again. But F9 does
not do resolve this.  I had a colleague review all formulas and we
currently don't see anything wrong.

I noticed that this occurs at different times, but I know it occurs
every time when I insert a row in tab A that is well below anything
being referenced.

Any ideas on what I may try to check next?  Or has this occurred to
anyone else's spreadsheets?

Thanks & regards,
   Enzo
0
enz723 (9)
3/4/2009 2:02:05 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Summing Alternate Rows
We have spreadsheets with many rows and need to sum alternate rows. Is there a way to do this without entering a formula using the number of each row? -- KarenQ ------------------------------------------------------------------------ KarenQ's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=19608 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=395115 Try this: =SUMPRODUCT(--(MOD(ROW($A$1:$A$18),2)=1),$A$1:$A$18) That formula sums odd-row values in the range A1:A18. To sum even-row values the formula is: =SUMPRODUCT(--(MOD(ROW($A$1:$A$18...

visual basic

crm 3.0 error 03-01-06

Global Column Row Preview Font Size

IsOutLookClient() returns wrong value

Error in Outlook Today

Re: 'Uknown Error 0x800CCC97'

stop error defeating me

Error in database....

Shortcut for inserting names?
Hi, I am building many formulas, each with many named cells as part of it. Currently I have to go to Insert | Name | Paste with the mouse each time I want to insert a name. I looked in Walkenbach's Excel Bible but couldn't find any mention of a keyboard shortcut or other shortcut. Is there one I could take advantage of? I've got Excel 2002. Thanks, Jamie ...

error 553

80070005 error #2

Value is BLANK

How to place a stable title row?
Hi there! For a scientific analyse I need to create an Excel table with more than 1.000 rows content. Now, how can I create a title row that doesn't scroll with the rest of the content, so one that is always visible at the top, while you scroll up and down the rest of the content. I hope that's possible like this! Otherwise, it will be pretty difficult to enter the data into the correct (of about 15) column. Thanks for your help in advance! One way: Assuming headers are in row1, Select A2. Click Window > Freeze pane This freezes the 1st row, so it always remains in view w...

y value vs x
In an xy scatter plot one can choose the type of line connecting the data points (smooth, straight, etc.). Once this is done, Is there a simple way of determining the y value of graph for a specific x value without doing successive approximations with 0 shifts. I'd rather not purchase a graphing program just for this simple task. You could find an equation that fits the data (see trendline) best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "ralph" <ralph@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:284B39DE-20C6-40CB-AB60-39B...