#value appears when file sent to another user

I have an excel file, in version 2002 sp3 file with links to external
workbooks.

When I send this file to a co-worker through Outlook and the co-worker opens
the file and selects to NOT update the links, they receive the #value
error, however when I open the file I don't get this error.

Any thoughts on why this is happening and how to correct it?

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Jim Rech posted a registry tweak:
http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=uzkujhMHEHA.3284%40TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl

Each recipient will have to make this change.

--

Dave Peterson
0

problem with ActiveSheet.QueryTables.Add for text file
I am using ActiveSheet.QueryTables.Add in Excel 2003 to import space-delimited text into a worksheet. The import works, but when I re-execute the macro with ActiveSheet.QueryTables.Add to import new data into the same sheet, all references to that sheet get shifted (i.e., what was a reference to cell B1 of the sheet with the imported data becomes a reference to cell C1. I would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks ...

Remote users
Hi, does anyone know if there is a white paper available for Sales for Outlook and remote users, i.e. what is the recomended broadband connection speed for users connecting from a remote location and how long will it take to syncronize their data (average user)? To my knowledge, there is not a writeup that covers this. Matt Parks ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Thu, 10 Jun 2004 21:22:43 +1000, "Marlen" <m_fowler31@hotmail.com> wrote: Hi, does anyone know if there is a white paper available for Sales for Outlook and remo...

email & calendar forward to unknown domain users
I have two EX secretaries that when some people create a calendar apptn for various users they get "postmaster" email notifying them of undeliverable to people who are no longer here and had their exchange mailbox remove as well as their domain login . Any idea where to look in Exchange 2003 for where these individual names are still embedded somewhere? I cant find it in the individual Outlook profile sending the apptn or in the domain or in server manager application. thanks for any help, Raul Rego NJPIES Delegate entries for people who are still there. ...

Missing file
I'm getting an error message telling me I'm missing C:\Windows\system 32\mshtml.hlp. How can I get a copy of the file? The message appears whenever I try to save a picture from a newsgroup. Jeff -- "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." Richard Feynman Nobel Prize Physicist IE version? Jeff Stanton wrote: > I'm getting an error message telling me I'm missing C:\Windows\system > 32\mshtml.hlp. How can I get a copy of the file? The message appears > whenever I try to save a picture from a newsgrou...

auto display names sent
When I send a message it will only keep the name for auto populating for about a week. How do I change that setting? WYSIWYG. Autocomplete for TO line will only offer the last 29 contacts you'd entered. There are no plans to fix this or any other bug. Darton wrote: > When I send a message it will only keep the name for auto populating for > about a week. How do I change that setting? Windows Mail auto-completes from a separate list of 29 addresses you type in, not from your contacts. This list is stored in the registry. If you wish to remove old or incorrect ad...

How to change cell shading/fill based on value in another cell?
I have a sheet with two columns of experimental data. Let's say the data is in F10:F25 (column 1) & G10:G25 (column 2). There is a value in another cell (A1) that contains a 1 or a 2. If A1=1, I want to turn shading in column 1 agree and in column 2 off. If A1=2, I want to reverse that. If there a worksheet function that will do that? I was hoping for something like: =cellshading(range,color) I could then execute one of these two statements: If A1=1 then cellshading(F10:F25,"Green") cellshading(G10:G25,"None") Else cellshading(G10:G25,"Green&...

Excel file takes a long time to save
I have a 1,000 x 15 straight worksheet with no formulas - about 100K. I went to auto-format a pattern, but didn't select the area and if formatted the entire spreadsheet. It's since gone from 5 seconds to 60 seconds per save and I can't reverse this, even by changing the auto-format setting to "none." I'm backed-up, but the current version is about three hours ahead and it will take longer to retrace the work by hand. Any suggestions? Thanks, Ben Try resetting the last used cell. Debra Dalgleish has some techniques at: http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#Un...

Autocomplete File Editor for NK2 file
Whew, At first I started writing to each person with a problem about this utility that I found to open and edit the NK2 file. I didn't know there would be so many so I thought I'd post this. The utility is called Owtlook File Editor It can be found at www.dcs-imaging.com/products.htm Good luck ...

Sent Items CRM 3.0
If I am standing on an Account in CRM 3.0 and sending an email to the account. An activity will be created in the history field but no mail will be saved in the SentItems folder in the Outlook Client. Does anyone now why? Unfortunately it just doesn't do this. The CRM Web application has no knowledge of your Outlook client -- David Jennaway - Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP Web: http://www.excitation.co.uk "Martin" wrote: > If I am standing on an Account in CRM 3.0 and sending an email to the > account. An activity will be created in the history field but no mail will ...

Some users not listed in Global Address Book ???
Dear Sir, I have some of my users in my exchange 2003, their contacts are not listed in the GAL although I can send them e-mails, and they can receive. What Should I have to do to make their contacts appear in the GAL? On Thu, 13 Jul 2006 00:12:01 -0700, Mahmoud Metwally Ali <Mahmoud Metwally Ali@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Dear Sir, I have some of my users in my exchange 2003, their contacts are not >listed in the GAL although I can send them e-mails, and they can receive. >What Should I have to do to make their contacts appear in the GAL? Are you talking about user...

Permissions on msIIS-FTPDir and msIIS-FTPRoot AD user attributes
We have to give the permission to read/write msIIS-FTPDir and msIIS- FTPRoot AD user attributes for all users under an OU (or to all users belonging in a security group) to a particular AD user. How can this be accomplished? I must point that Delegation wizard does not help. The properties I mentioned are not exposed and therefore cannot be given permissions onto. Regards, Drazen On Feb 25, 8:45=A0am, Drazen <delfince...@gmail.com> wrote: > We have to give the permission to read/write msIIS-FTPDir and msIIS- > FTPRoot AD user attributes for all users under an OU (or t...

save only filtered results to csv/txt file
Excel 2000, Win98SE. I need to filter an xls file and then save only what is shown to a csv/txt file. The master xls file has new data added in a single import each day. Then I will have to filter the file 2 or 3 ways and save the filtered results to seperate csv/txt files, so I need to streamline the process. Also is there a means, comparable to scenarios, that I can use to set up different filtering combinations and then easily switch between them? Suggestions welcome. Thanks. -- Igor Igor You should be able to copy and paste the data to a new workbook and save that. Alternative...

Creating a query out of another query
Hi Guys, I have a query looking like that: field1 field2 field3 field4 field5 field6 Data 1 Test 6 Poly 8 Data 5 Poly 10 I need a query from this query like this: Field 1 Field 2 Data 1 Test 6 Poly 8 Data 5 Poly 10 I'll really appreciate if someone can help me with this one Thanks This should do it -- SELECT Field1 AS Field_1, Field2 AS Field_2 FROM YourTable WHERE Field1 ...

Assign a task from a Public Folder to another user
Hello, I am trying to organize a large scale tasks tickler system where everyone can view the master task list and where senior managers can can assign tasks to subordinates. My first approach was to create the task folder in a public folder. Much to my dismay there doesn't seem to be any way to assign the task to another user and still monitor the task in the master public folder task list. First there was no "assign task" command on the toolbar. After adding the "assign task" icon I discovered that the task was added to my personal task list vice the master task li...

Excell2003 (SP-1) File > Save and File > Save As.. grayed out
Got a user who has Excell2003 and cannot File > Save or File > Save As... He can, however, ctrl-s to save spreadsheets. Any ideas? I"m clueless. JM ...

.net framework XSLT processor appears to be broken
I stumbled upon this while developing a custom XPathNavigator. It appears that copy action for attributes is broken in the .net framework XSLT processor. The intent was to just copy the entities and attributes from the source XML into the output using simple "identity" like XSLT: <xsl:stylesheet xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform" version="1.0"> <xsl:output method="xml" indent="yes"/> <xsl:template match="/ | @* | node()"> <xsl:copy> <xsl:apply-templates select="@* | node...

Void Trx appearing on Customer Statement
Void trx will appear on Customer Statement UNLESS running PAID TRX REMOVAL process or having to modify the statement to exclude void trx. personally (and my clients) find that this is a very WEIRED practice... eg: a sales trx is wrongly entered/posted and is then void. the practice is to process PAID TRX REMOVAL after printing of statement so that the fully paid trx will appear in the statment. then the above void trx will also appear in customer statement, which is not desired... is there any other way to EXCLUDE void trx from statement or anybody can suggest a better practice? thks ...

Microsoft File Password Recovery
Hi All A friend and I at work have a file that we cannot open because it was password protected and we can't remember the password. Is someone able to recommend some free file open password breaker software? Otherwise, could I send the file to someone to open the file? For clarity, it is not within the excel worksheet or workbook, it is a password to open the excel file! With thanks Nick well if it was a workbook/sheet password, i'd say www.straxx.com as it' a free password add-in, very effective too. but if it's not one o those passwords, what is it? external? v...

Multiple database files created
I have an Access 2007 database that resides on our company's server. The database tracks incoming and outgoing shipments and is used by several employees throughout the day. I've noticed that in the folder where the database resides several additional database files are created throughout the day with names like database.mdb, database1.mdb, database2.mdb, etc. Can anyone tell me why this is happening? The database was created with Access 2007 using the 2003 mdb file format, as most of the end users have Office 2003 applications. Ken Warthen kenwarthen@gmail.com 1. Turn off...

Public Folder File sizes
Hi We have a system whereby files from our students are routed to a public folder, so that everyone in the office can see them. However some of our more unenlightened students seem to be trying to send in emails with 9Mb attachments. (AGHHHH) The odd thing is that if they send them to a persobal mailbox, they seem to get thropugh, but if theu send them to a public folder, Exchange cant handle them, or at least we can see them being received, but then they are not delivered to the public folder. Is there something i need to do to get round this please? Thanks A Do you have Maximu...

How do I Insert 2C Mac EPS file into Publisher ?
In commercial printing we get a lot of logo's and other art that is created as a Mac EPS and I cannot seem to insert it into Publisher. What are the correct steps for doing this and for it to display. According to Pub 2003, you need a graphics filter to insert .eps files. The following is copied directly from the Help file: The Encapsulated PostScript (EPS) graphics filter (Epsimp32.flt) supports the Adobe Systems Encapsulated PostScript Specification versions 3.0 and earlier. The filter supports .eps images from Tagged Image File Format (.tif, .tiff) (Tagged Image File Format (TIF...

How to control another program to run cryptically?
Hi all, i write a hook to modify the window style,but some program has SplashWindow, which i can't control it. How to implement that? thanks > i write a hook to modify the window style,but some program has > SplashWindow, which i can't control it. > How to implement that? > What do you mean by "control it"? What do you want to do with this window? --- Ajay What do you want to do? joe On Tue, 22 Aug 2006 15:49:45 +0800, "Sean" <xfbakup@21cn.com> wrote: >Hi all, >i write a hook to modify the window style,but some program has &...

Multi-User Excel File on a Network Drive
How can I make an Excel file accessible to multiple users concurrently? With all able to make and save changes to the same file. Thanks, Mike "Mike" wrote > How can I make an Excel file accessible to multiple > users concurrently? With all able to make and save > changes to the same file. Tools / Share Workbook Jordon ...

Sent items missing messages
All my messages in my "sent items" folder are missing. The stay for a couple of hours and then they're gone. Can anyone help?? I've changed nothing in my setting or options - and I can't understand why this is happening. Make sure in the upper right corner it says: Show All Messages Also can be found here View->Current View->Show All Messages mrspmanning;1609546 Wrote: > All my messages in my "sent items" folder are missing. The stay for a > couple of hours and then they're gone. Can anyone help?? I've changed > ...

my file still exists but is blank please help
I had a virus completely delete a file in my microsoft word 2000. It's old and I don't know what to do. The file name is still there but the text is blank, and I've tried several recovery progrms that haven't retrived it. Was hoping someone knew if word has its own back to retrieve things from and how to use it If the contents have been overwritten (and it certainly seems as if that is the case), there isn't anything you can do, I'm afraid. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "hanna" <hanna@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messa...