#NA Problem using VLOOKUP

Hi All,

Im currently having an issue using VLOOKUP in that Im trying to get a
football league table to sort automatically.

My problem is that when two teams have the same points value the table
will only display the first team it recognizes will that point value
and display any other teams with that value as #N/A

Can anyone please advise on how to rectify this problem.

(I am new to using formulas etc so please be gentle with me)

Thanks in advance for any assistance

:)

--
kingrobbo
kingrobbo's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=36587

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Without seeing the spreadsheet it is difficult to say. An alternative it
to get the table to populate for each team and then create a simple
keystroke macro to sort the table and put this on a button.
Otherwise you need to create a means of spliting the tied results

Perhaps you could provide more details or look at another way of doing
it
or look at

http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?t=560172

Regards

Dav

--
Dav
Dav's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27107

problem with registry backup
Hi All I am taking backup of Registry keys by using regedit command and, ShellExecute( ) is used to run this command from MFC based application, the code that I am using is as follows ShellExecute(0,"open","RegEdit.exe","/e D:\\write1.reg HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT",NULL,SW_SHOW); "Suppose that I have to take the backup of following key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT But this is not saved at desired path, Caz, as I think there is a space in Windows NT . So please suggest me that how shoul I remove this problem. o...

Problem with pie chart
What am I missing? I want to chart the data below using a pie chart with a legend that tells me what each of the pieces of the pie represents. I tried selecting cells A1 and A2 and I have tried selecting cells A1:B2. All I end up with is a legend with the 2 colors represented on the chart and on is labeled 1 the other 2, instead of Total number of Employees trained and Total number of Employees remaining to train. A1 = 51 B1 = "Total number of Employees trained" A2 = 195 B2 = "Total number of Employees remaining to train" A slightly change in your setup to l...

Invalid Bookmark Problem
Hi, We are running a Small Business Server 2003 Server in our organization, with A Win 2K3 Standard Server as a BDC. After Some reorganization of User entries using OUs in Active Directory, our new Outllok Users can't access their Mailbox. When adding an exchange account in outlook. The invalid bookmark prompt comes out after clicking on Check Name. I've read KBs on outlook not being able to access the GC. I've taken down the GC(SBS Server) and promoted in again and ensured there are no logons while replications are occuring. However, the problem still persists. Is there ...

3 cell problem
Hi need help with this simple task. 3 cells A1 A2 & A3, if cell a2 has the number 1 in it I need cell A1 to display yes, if cell a3 has the number 1 in it I need cell A1 to display no, If both cells are blank I need A1 to be blank. Thanks Much... Diane maybe... =if(a2=1,"yes",if(a3=1,"no",if(and(a2="",a3=""),"","what goes here"))) What happens if both a2 and a3 contain 1? What happens if A2 or A3 are not blank, but don't contain 1? ...

Outlook Addin for Windows Live Mail causing problems with Blackberry
A customer has a Blackberry device wirelessly synchronizing with their MSN email account. Once or twice a day they did a manual synch via USB to get changes to their Calendar and tasks to a pst file in Outlook. However, Email never showed up in the Inbox in outlook. We downloaded and installed the Outlook Addin. Right now Outlook shows the MSN account with the correct Inbox, an empty calendar, and empty tasks. When the user selects the PST file they can access their calendar and tasks. Other than confusion the synchronization seems to be affected and is causing problem with tasks and c...

Using fCreateShellLink in VB6?
I used fCreateShellLink with vb5stkit.DLL successfully and reliably under VB5, but I can't make it work with vb6stkit.DLL. fCreateShellLink has two additional arguments with vb6stkit.DLL -- fPrivate & sParent. I haven't found an explanation of what these arguments are. I thought I'd found an example of how to use the function here http://www.tacktech.com/display.cfm?ttid=43. But, he simply says set the arguments equal to True and gsPROGMENUKEY. True may work (though won't what it's doing), but what is gsPROGMENUKEY? It has to be a variable which he does no...

Problems in RMS with Window Vista after installing TM88IV & Cash D
After installing TM88IV & Cash Drawer, Recently I have faced the following problems using Microsoft RMS 2.0 with Windows Vista. 1)when printer was connected with the cash drawer, after printing 5 or 6 receipts, POS stops responding. POS then doesn't close and everything is stuck. 2) Sometimes the cash drawer opens, but the receipt doesn't print. The computer searches for a while and then at the end it displays an error message. 3) Sometimes when administrator is opened, manager and POS doesn't open. Any ideas what might be going wrong? Thanks Akbar, Please ...

OL 2000 using DL in a filter to forward email 2nd request
I am trying to detect if an email is from a member of a DL, and if so then forward the email to another address. I get the following error when I use the DL in the filter (people or distribution list): 'Recruiters' is a personal distribution list that may not be used with this feature. Would you like to use the individual members of 'Recruiters' instead? Whether I click OK or Cancel the members of 'Recruiters' are not copied in. Using Outlook in non-corporate mode. Paul ...

Problems with downloading in POP3 in Exchange 2003
We have user who is using a POP3 client on a MAC which download mails from a exchange 2003 server. The exchange 2003 server has a POP3 server setup. The problem for the user is that when they download their messages it downloads all its message and the user only wants to download its unread messages. Is there an option we can set on the exchange 2003 server POP3 or is this a client setting. We can set the client to delete emails on server after downloading but we would rather not have this option. Is it by default that with exchange2003 POP3 when you download message it downloads all...

bizarre sending problem
Hi. I'm having a very strange problem using Outlook 2003 on my Office XP Desktop, that I would love if someone could shed some light on. Basically there are 3 addresses that do not receive email from me. I can send and receive email to all addresses with no problems. I can do this using OUtlook as well as a new Ipaq I just got (could be part of the problem). BUt these three addresses do not receive any email from me when I send from Outlook or the email program on my Ipaq. I can send email from my webmail account to these emails with no problem so I assume this isn't a ser...

Inetinfo.exe problem (Urgent!!!!)
I've got a problem with Exchange 2000 on a Windows 2000 Sp4 machine, the inetinfo.exe service which is the smtp service, is running at 100% cpu utilisation causing the server to come to a grinding halt. All the other services like the store, mta and the others are running just fine, but connection to the machine is very slow.. This only started happening today and I notice that it's doing the same also on my Exchange 2003 server machine.... Both machines have got the latest microsoft updates and are running Trend Server protect with the latest virus defenitions... Any ideas..... ...

Exchange 5.5 problem with missing MX
Hi, We're still using an Exchange 5.5 server SP2 and i'm running into a problem. When i try to send mail to a domain that has no MX record the mail will stay in the queue with the message [network error during host resolution]. According to the RFC974 when there's no MX record, the server should try to send to the A record (wich is available by the way). It seems that Exchange 5.5 doesn't do this. Is this a known problem with the Exchange 5.5 IMC? Regards, Barry Barry Vredevoort <barry.vredevoort@artesia.nl> wrote: >We're still using an Exchange 5.5 server...

another conditional formatting problem
Here's the situation: I have about 1000 cells. The first cell starts at a postive number (i 5000). Each cell afterwards has a value smaller than the previous cel (ie 5000, 4998, 4990, 4809....). Eventually the number will reach zer or a negative number. Once a cell reaches a zero or a negative number, I want all th remaining cells after it to display nothing (or null or something lik that). Here is my formula to do that: =IF(I23<=0," ",(I23+((I23*($H$14/12))-J23))) The above is basically saying: IF(previous cell<=0 THEN display " " ELSE make a calculation to ...

excel header problem
Dear All, I have problem of displaying header with images. I post an image o the header with Excel 2002..... However, once I viewed the file with image header in the older versio of Excel. The image in the header disappeared. I understand the olde version of excel doesn't support of displaying image in th header/footer. Is there any ways of displaying image in the header in any version o excel -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com alicelee With XL 2002(XP) you can enter a logo in a header or footer. In previous versions you are stuck with one of the following.... 1. ...

problem with hiding/showing the dialog
hi, I have an MFC dialog based application comprising of 2 dialogs.In the first UI the user is allowed to select images and the count is being displayed.On clicking NEXT the second UI appears. Now the problem is On clicking BACK in the second UI i need the first UI to be dispalyed with the previous state i.e the number of images selected. I have tried using AfxGetApp()->HideApplication() in the OnNext handler and AfxGetMainWnd()->ShowWindow(SW_SHOW) in the OnBack handler.This displays the first UI with the previous state but the whole window is frozen. Can someone please suggest what cou...

Copy & Paste A Row Using An Array in A2K
I may be a little out of my league using arrays, but having seen them used before and this my be the approach that I need to use. I'm trying to copy and paste values form all fields in a record except the key field. I plan to use a function that scans the current form for all its textboxes and checkboxes. Since the key field is a numeric field, it won't be scanned. As the function scans the form, it will give each textbox field's name and content an array index number and store the name and content into unique array "cells". This will be the copy function. The paste func...

Considering CRM but don't know anyone who uses it.
I have a very small client (actually I have about 10 with the same needs) running SBS. They have about 5 people who tried BCM and it did every thing they needed but couldn't sync contact data with OWA or WM5. They really don't want anything complicated but they would like at their desk some additional tracking data such as BCM offers but they have to be able to have the basic info available in standard Exchange 2003 contact fields available through OWA and to sync with their WM5 units via wireless activesync. Will CRM do what I want or should I look at other products. Thanks ...

problem with GetTextRange() in CRichEditCtrl
i am having a problem with CRichEditCtrl::GetTextRange(). whever I call this function with double byte characters I get buffer over runs and get this error message "The parameter is incorrect". is this a known issue? thanks. ...

publisher 2003 DOES not use printer installed
publisher 2003 DOES not recognize or use installed printer, ALL THE OTHER OFFICE PRO 2003 PROGRAMS DO. What model printer do you have? Did you read the article I suggested earlier? http://msauer.mvps.org/print_solutions.htm The right column... -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "PADutchman" <PADutchman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:280A9386-1C1C-46AA-B659-0C6D24966CEF@microsoft.com... > publisher 2003 DOES not recognize or use installed printer, ALL > THE OTHER > OFFICE PRO 2003 PROGRAMS DO. > > ...

vlookup across multiple pages
I'm trying to use vlookup to give me a summary of some number throughout a workbook. It has to sum across about 25 worksheets. not all worksheets have the date I'm looking up so I will need to set the range_lookup to true so that it will add the last inventory count before my specified date. I can use the following on a small amount of sheets...but when I try it on the large number of worksheets, it ultimately gets messed up. =VLOOKUP(B6,Adams!$A$12:$D$100,2,TRUE)+ VLOOKUP(B6,ARCHIES_CORNER!$A$12:$D$100,2,TRUE) + VLOOKUP(B6,BARN_YARD!$A$12:$D$100,2,TRUE) + VLOOKU...

Date Formatting Problem #3
Hello, I am new to this group. I am having issues with the date formattin feature in Excel 2000. Formatted date as mm-dd-yy. In some cells when you key in 01/02/04, it reverts it to 02/01/04. I had to change my keyboard from English- Canadian to English US as was getting french accents everytime I wanted a question mark. I read that this may be the problem ?? Any suggestions on what to tr and resolve this one ? I changed the date format to dd-mm-yy to make the formatting work as mm-dd-yy ( but this is not th way it is supposed to work, just a work around to have the date displa as ...

Help with adding Background music to email using Outlook 2003
Can anybody tell me how to add background music to emails using Outlook 2003. I know you can do it in Outlook Express, but is there a way to do it in Outlook? Thanks please email me thanks staple502@yahoo.com Actually it might be good to post the answer here so that everybody can see.. thanks again. "nk" <staple502@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:c1deqv$3eb$1@terabinaries.xmission.com... > Can anybody tell me how to add background music to emails using Outlook > 2003. I know you can do it in Outlook Express, but is there a way to do it > in Outlook? Thanks ...

Problem with long filename in Win 98 while reading the filename from command line using function ParseCommandLine()
Hi All, I am developing an MDI application using MFC. I am facing a problem related to long file name in Windows 98. When I drags a file with longer name of 8 characters (say abcdefghijk.txt), on the icon of my application on the desktop. My application opens the file with modified filename, eg. abcdef~2,txt. This problem does not exist on Win2K. BOOL CIcadApp::InitInstance() { CCommandLineInfo cmfInfo; ParseCommandLine(cmdInfo); ....... Is their any solution to this problem ? Thanks, M# This is not really a problem. MS-DOS does not know if the target can handle l...

Excel 2003, graph y axis labelling problem
When I produce a graph in an excel spreadsheet, part of the label for the y-axis gets cut off and does not show up. If I select the graph and do a whole page print preview the problem does not show up. However, I always cut and paste my graphs into word documents in order to illustrate my results. This is a problem since the y-axis is then inadequately labelled. Does anyone know how to fix this? (I already have Office 2003 SP2) Thanks It's a well known problem. The work around (which I hate) is to add a couple of spaces and a period after the Y axis label and change the format ...

how do I copy and paste and have my gridlines show using excel?
I am making a catalog using excel. I need to trasfer each page to my website. I am able to copy and paste and it shows my information, but there are no gridlines. I'm only guessing here, but try adding borders to your cells rather than just using the gridlines. HTH Neil www.nwarwick.co.uk "sas" wrote: > I am making a catalog using excel. I need to trasfer each page to my > website. I am able to copy and paste and it shows my information, but there > are no gridlines. sas Gridlines do not transfer in HTML from XL. Try setting borders in XL. This should w...