::: More than 8 seconds on space bar = Cursor blocked ! Please HELP !

Hello,

I press more than 8 seconds on the space bar. Now my cursor is
blocked. Like if I wanted to select many cells.

How can I go back to a normal situation ? And free my cursor!

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Jacques

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

try touching the f8 key

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software
<infojacques@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I press more than 8 seconds on the space bar. Now my cursor is
> blocked. Like if I wanted to select many cells.
>
> How can I go back to a normal situation ? And free my cursor!
>
> Many thanks in advance for your help.
>
> Jacques

0
dguillett1 (2487)
5/7/2007 6:58:56 PM
Do you see EXT or ADD in the status bar?

If so hit F8 key a couple of times to clear.

Or if using a wheelie mosue, bang the whell up and down a few times.

I don't think the spacebar had anything to do with it but you just never know.

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On 7 May 2007 11:53:03 -0700, infojacques@gmail.com wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I press more than 8 seconds on the space bar. Now my cursor is
>blocked. Like if I wanted to select many cells.
>
>How can I go back to a normal situation ? And free my cursor!
>
>Many thanks in advance for your help.
>
>Jacques

0
Gord

Macro Help 11-24-09
I have one workbook of data (1 tab) that has data for 20 different Sales Reps (different names). I need to copy all data for "Rep A" into a separate worksheet, and same for "Rep B" and so on. At the end I would have 1 tab for all data and 20 tabs with the data for each rep. Basically, I need to copy and paste each rep data into a new worksheet within the same workbook but didn't want to do it manually. I hope this makes sense. See Ron de Bruin's site for code. http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy5.htm Also check out his easyfilter add-in. http://www.ro...

Alphabetizing the navigation bar
Has anyone had any luck with sorting the left navbar? We have about 40 accounts in there, and I really just want to alphabetize them. I can't seem to figure out any rhyme or reason to how they are displaying...it's not alphabetical, by create date, etc. Any help out there? I should mention that I mean the navbar on the contact entity form. We were able to sort the main navbar by using sitemap, but can't seem to figure out how to sort them on the contact entity forms (among others, such as invoices). "Mark" wrote: > Has anyone had any luck with sorting the l...

Excel 97 VBA Help File

help need with VC 6.0 IDE and mfc

Help, I cannot Save!

Multiple stacked bar charts

Leading and trailing spaces trimmed with SQL XML
Hi, I am inserting data into a table using xml bulk insert. One of the field is of string type and contains data with leading and trailing spaces. But on insert the spaces automatically trimmed off. Can you please tell me how to avoid this trimming of spaces, as i have to insert data using xml. EXEC sp_xml_preparedocument @hDoc OUTPUT, @InsertLines INSERT INTO tblLine WITH (TABLOCKX) ([Text]) SELECT [Text] FROM OPENXML (@hDoc, '/Lines/Line', 1) WITH ([Text] nvarchar(max)) EXEC sp_xml_removedocument @hDoc Thank you Frank bad_clone (bad_clone@hotmail.com) writes: ...

Help Required

Need HELP! for Linking data

Help with Registration

Help about numeric type field. Thanks.

HELP! Outlook POP3 problem(s)

Spam Filtering HELP
I recently started a new job, and discovered after day one, that I had inharited a spam mess. Now the previous admin ad installed a Symantic Spam Server Prox which in my opinion, was a complete waste of money as it does not allow for blocking IP addresses. Now here is the question; I am running Exchange 2003, and am looking at setting up the Conection Filter under Message Delivery to block messages based on IP address. The problem is that when I save the IPs to be blocked, I get a message stating that the Connection filter "has to be enabled manually through the specific SMTP virtual serv...

Need macro help to close excel

Help with simple(?) VBA function

Disable Scanmail & Typical VM Largest Block Size
This is how to disable Mailscan as per Trend Support. Stop all Scanmail services and unregister the event sink. To unregister SMTP event sinks: 1. Open the command prompt. 2. For SMEX 7.0, go to the ..\Program Files\Trend\SMEX folder 3. Run the toolSmtpEventSink.exe /unreg command. After doing this the VM Largest Block Size does not decrease below 70 meg. But 70 meg seems low to me. Is 70 meg typical? -- Brett ...

If Then Help!!!!
Hi! I'm stuck. I have a working macro but it needs a small tweek. The macro executes a find statement and performs calculations from the find to the end of the column. The problem is when nothing is found. I need an if statement or suggestion on how to tell it to skip the calculations if there is nothing found. This is what I have so far(with no if's): Cells.Find(What:="RIM", After:=ActiveCell, LookIn:=xlFormulas _ , LookAt:=xlPart, SearchOrder:=xlByRows, SearchDirection:=xlNext, _ MatchCase:=False, SearchFormat:=False).Activate Selection.End(xlToRi...

Odd e-mail duplication problem

Integration Transactions Pls help
Can anyone let me know how much time does the integration manager takes to upload a 10,000 lines(SOP) into GP There are two methods of importing SOP transactions. One uses the SQL optimized adapter and one does not. The method used depends upon the data you would need to map. There are some fields and business logic not available with the SQL adapter. But, assuming you are using the SQL adapter, you should be able to import 10,000 transactions in about 60 minutes or less. If you are using the other one, start it and go home for the night. It will take hours. If you have some reso...