[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Could not find installable ISAM.

My "Connection" in Excel 2007 is to a query in an Access 2003 MDB
(although my workstation is running Access 2007, others in my team
still have 2003 only).  The query refers to both a regular table
within the MDB and a table linked to a list in MOSS 2007.  Upon
attempting to "Refresh" this "Connection" a MsgBox with "[Microsoft]
[ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Could not find installable ISAM." pops-
up.

Other "Connections" to the same MDB that query regular tables all are
fine.

Before upgrading to Excel 2007, all of the "Connections" worked just
fine.

Any ideas?
0
nltdean (1)
7/13/2009 7:33:22 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

MS supplies 64 bit printer driver does not select paper tray
Win7 Home Premium 64 bit LexMark T420 printer (Lan connected) Win7 saw the printer and loaded a MS driver for it. I can print to the T420 but the print out always goes to tray 1 (legal). In the print preferences panel, I select tray 2 but the physical print always comes from tray 1. I cannot tell if the MS driver is PS or PCL. This is my first foray into the world of 64 bit printer drivers. Any suggestions appreciated. -- ***************** John Lenz JohnLenz@comcast.net The drivers provided by Microsoft are supplied by the manufacturer and are almost always not fu...

MS Access 2003 and Outlook 2003/Website
I'm working with someone developing a website for our company, and had some questions. I've read alot of resources and articles on how to integraste these thigns, but can't seem to get to the right spot. What we want to do, is have a webpage, that a customer can access, fill out a small form for RMA requests, then either email that to a specific email address which would be filtered to a folde rin outlook, and then have the Access database look in that folder for new emails and add that info in to the db. I have that part partially figured out, but another option we were ...

accessing address book in Outlook 2002
I recently had a fire and had to get a new computer. My ISP is MSN dialup. My new computer has Outlook 2002 and I want to use this instead of Hotmail to access my mail. I now am able to send and receive messages through Outlook but I cannot access my address book that I had with Hotmail. I need help b/c i have 3 pages of contacts!! You have to use your browser to access the web based address book at Hotmail. Outlook is better used for POP mail. >-----Original Message----- >I recently had a fire and had to get a new computer. My >ISP is MSN dialup. My new computer has...

Problem with datasheet & 64-bit installations
Once you have installed a 64-bit installation of Office, SharePoint datasheet views can't be used any longer. It's related to the ActiveX component only being compatible for 32-bit systems and not for 64-bit installations. Please refer to http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/sharepoint2010general/thread/9eb920ba-1a02-4f0c-ae08-6e808e0269c4/?prof=required for a complete thread, I wanted to share this here because you Office guys might have some more detail on this (we hope). Should be fixed on short notice if you ask me, it's blocking me from rolling out...

Problem with "Edit in Microsoft Office Project"
We have SharePoint 2007 implemented, and I am using MSO Project 2007. I have a document library in which I store a number of project documents, including the schedule. When I go to this document library and select "Edit in Microsoft Office Project", the file opens, but it always opens in Read Only mode. The only way I can open the file and have it editable is to check it out first, then select "Edit in Microsoft Office Project". And no, the document library is not configured to require check out. Any idea why this is? ...

microsoft outlook #30
Error Message: The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. can't get to support indicited on ms site to get patch for this. any ideas. Hi Theresa, these are not enough information to help you, but look at this link, and maybe something helpful is there to solve your problem http://www.google.de/search?q=The+messaging+interface+has+returned+an+&hl=de &ie=UTF-8 -- Gestern gings noch, ICH habe nichts gemacht! ;-) Bravestar@Datenschutzministerium.de ...

Query--using Access 2007
I have a tblAddress table with a lookup field called TypeofAddressID. A company may have many addresses with different TypeofAddressID—such as 1 = Business, 2 = Mailstop, 3 = PO Box, and so on. I need to pull out TypeofAddressID # 1. Then if a 1 is not available, give me the type that is (which may be the PO address or Mailstop). I tried DLookup, Xor, and IIf([TypeofAddressID]=1, 1, IIf([TypeofAddressID]=2, 2, IIf([TypeofAddressID]=3, 3, 4))), but it is listing all addresses per company instead of either or. Any suggestions? -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster....

Install error on GPD-only XPS printer driver
I'm trying to create a very basic GPD-only XPS printer driver, but when I try to install it through the Add Printer wizard I get an error 0x00000002. I'm primarily a business application developer, so my knowledge of printer drivers is rather limited, and any help on this will be greatly appreciated. My INF file is: [Version] Signature="$Windows NT$" Provider=%AS% ClassGUID={4D36E979-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} Class=Printer DriverVer=10/17/2008,6.1.6930.0 [Manufacturer] %Microsoft%=Microsoft,NTx86,NTamd64,NTx86.6.0,NTamd64.6.0 [Microsoft.NTx86] &qu...

List Webpart Installs fine, but crashes Sharepoint
Ok, I read the readme, and see that others have had trust delegation issues. I have a single SBS 2003 server. When I install the CRM Webpart, go to Sharepoint and add the webpart to the home page, subsequent visits give me a Sharepoint Timeout error. When I uninstall the list webpart, the company webpage comes back up fine. Where would I find a log file or something to help diagnose this? I've googled the issue and can't find anyone else having this problem. Any other ideas? Thanks, James ...

Can't get install to launch anymore
Hi, I had tried to do install earlier today of the CRM server. The install failed at some point where it seemed like it was trying to put data in the database. Everything seemed to be installed but I could not get access to the application. I tried to uninstall, this failed with an error of not much description. i wanted to try and re-install, but it could not get started, it was complaining that it get not determine my account name. I thought I polluted the system with all the other stuff that was going on, so I formated and started from scratch. I am not back to the point where I can in...

Setting excel to landscape and setting print area from access
I have an excel file that I create from access and I was wondering if there is an easy way to set the page setup to landscape and to set the print area width from access. Is there an easy way to do this? I created a macro with the excel macro recorder but I am not sure if I can somehow use this code to have access do this. Any direction on this would be appreciated. thanks [code] With ActiveSheet.PageSetup .PrintTitleRows = "" .PrintTitleColumns = "" End With ActiveSheet.PageSetup.PrintArea = "" With Active...

how can I find the nearest figure?
Hi, I have a list of numbers on column A:A with associated text on column B:B I am doing calculations on another Sheet and come up with a number. I want to compare this number with the Sheet1 A:A column numbers and find the closest number to it amongst then. Then I need to find the associated text for this on Sheet1's B:B text. Any ideas how to achieve this? Thanks Martyn Vlookup should do the job. E.g =VLOOKUP(100,$A$1:$B$500,2) In the above example you numbers would be in Column A and sorted in Ascending order. ***** Posted via: http://www.ozgrid.com Excel Templates, Training & ...

"Native" e-mail from access
Hi All, Is there code out there that I can copy that makes a native e-mail window open for users to send e-mails? What I want is for an outlook (or whatever) e-mail window to open like it does when you click a hyperlink. Just to clarify, I've made the SendObject call work for behind the scenes sending, and am looking at the redemption library to get around the Outlook security popup. What I want is an actual Outlook window (or a window from whatever the default e-mail program is on the machine) to open so the user can create a message from scratch. I appreciate an...

How do I delete unwanted pages out of a Microsoft Acess report
I am using Microsoft Access 2003 and I often have the same problem. I am using the report wizard to create a new report and then customising it. I have produced a report but when I print it every second page has no data on it. How do I delete the unwanted pages? I have this problem in Access 2007 as well but I just get an extra page at the end of the report with formatting on it but no data and I need to know how to delete the extra page. thanks Dale wrote: >I am using Microsoft Access 2003 and I often have the same problem. >I am using the report wizard to create a new repo...

How to count how many times a user accesses CRM
Hi. For internal audit purposes, I need a way to count how many times each CRM user logs into the system (in a period of time). Is there any CRM or server option to make this count? Many thanks You can try to use one of these methods of reporting on CRM Usage: https://community.dynamics.com/blogs/hardworkdays/archive/2010/04/13/crm-usage-report.aspx http://blogs.msdn.com/b/crm/archive/2009/04/08/crm-usage-reporting-unleashed.aspx Michael D. Mayo "Claudio Casonato" wrote: > Hi. > For internal audit purposes, I need a way to count how many times each CRM > user logs in...

Microsoft Outlook #29
This error message appeared does any one know what it means? c:\Documents & Settings \ achavez\Application Data\Microsoft\AddIns\c:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\SBCMSYNC.DLL'is not a valid office add- in. Check out this article: Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 257882 >-----Original Message----- >This error message appeared does any one know what it >means? c:\Documents & Settings \ achavez\Application >Data\Microsoft\AddIns\c:\Program Files\Microsoft >Office\Office10\SBCMSYNC.DLL'is not a valid office add- >in. >. > ...

Business Portal Installation Failing
When Installing Business Portal for GP 10.0 I'm getting an error "The language is not supported on server.", the server is configured with English (New Zealand) but the SharePoint site itself is configured with English (United States) .. could this be causing the issue? I've googled and found a related issue during MOSS installation suggesting that the follow reg key entry: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\Web Server Extensions\12.0\ServerLanguage] $B!H(B1033$B!m(B=$B!I(B" Is missing, but I've checked at that entry is present on my server....

microsoft Excel 2003 always hang
I'm using WinXP Prof (OEM) and Office 2003 (OEM) anyone face the same problem??? It crashed within few minutes of work. Please advise. Thanks. Hi Andy! No need to post to different groups. Reply given in misc Group. -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au ...

Exchange Directory Access
OK. I've posted this in one other location and ended up with a bunch of stupid answers and suggestions. If you have a REAL idea, I could certainly use some constructive feedback. My problem is this; DSAccess is failing to detect and list multiple DCS/GCS under the Directory Access tab on my servers. I can tell you that AD is stable and working well. DNS is set up correctly. I have very reliable and fast WAN links between sites and these links are not firewalled. NLTEST results come back as expected and there is no indication of problems related to the AD site topology. The result ...

Finding Duplicate Names from Different Lists...
Hi guys, I'm having an issue finding and deleting off of a current list of company names, names from another list. For example I have List 1 that has 3,000-4,000 company names and contact names. On List 2 I have a list of company names that I need to take off of List 1. VLOOKUP works to a point, but if on one list the name ends with "Corp." and on the other it is "Corp" (without the period) it won't find it. "Inc." and "Inc" are another issue. Is there a better way than VLOOKUP to find these names? I've tried to do some name prep, but...

access 2003 no query results for a form
I am new to access and self and manual taught. I have created a query in support of a form with two criteria that is working well. I would like to have a message appear if there is no information. Currently the form displays just the background. Is there an easy way perhaps using an Event Procedure? In the form's Load event procedure, you can use this code to pop up a message box: Private Sub Form_Load() If Me.Recordset.RecordCount = 0 Then _ MsgBox("No Records!") End Sub -- Ken Snell http://www.accessmvp.com/KDSnell/ "Portfolio...

CRM
Software wants to install into the default website on my exchange server which has all the exchange folders for OWA, OMA ect. Should I create a new website for it to install in or does it install into that directory for so it can work with/ modify exchange files? Any info would be great. Thanks Depending on the security settings of your exchange website, you may need to create CRM exchange folder. We ran into a snag when trying to use our normal folder (https) and had to create a relaxed-security folder before the email functionality of CRM would work properly. >-----Original ...

2004 Office pros+cons of moving Microsoft User Data to 2nd partition? Do any MVPs?
With Office 2004, are there any reasons why one should NOT alias the Microsoft User Data folder, leave the alias in place on the boot partition and move MUD to another partition? Do any of the MVPs do this? Respectfully, Norm Hi Norman, It's people like you who make me stop and think every once in a while about what I am doing. I have a MUD folder at work, another at home. But this is not really the best solution for me. What I should really do is have a single master MUD folder someplace, probably on a network drive that's backed up every day. Then I should sync to local MUD fol...

Outlook
Can send email to Outlook, can access messages on ISP (Comcast) Webmail. Can't access server to download emails to PC. Ran all Norton Utlities, Removed and then reinstalled Outlook and Office apps. Still getting 0x800ccc0f error message - terminated by the server. Checked modem, checked router. All fine. ISP says nothing wrong on their end. Know of a fix? Tom does this help you determine the problem? http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;813514 -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Window...

An error occurred promoting this item to Microsoft CRM in 4.0
When one of my users tries to track his emails in CRM Outlook they get the following error message below for a single account contacts. Othe Accounts contacts work fine. Account and contacts Accept Email And Bulk Email. An error occurred promoting this item to Microsoft CRM. The Microsoft CRM server could not be contacted or the user has insufficient permissions to perform this action. Do you want to send the e-mail? If you click Yes, the e-mail will be sent out, but no corresponding activity will be created in Microsoft CRM. Mike Had something similar, and best as I could determi...