=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Re_=96_GGVT_Excel_and_Engineering_Application?=

Re � GGVT Excel and Engineering Application

1. A series of piping line nos. is listed as follows :-

Line no. 25-UA-4401-1141
Line no. 50-PD-3218-6143
Line no. 50-VL-2210-1149
Line no. 80-SW-4020-1706
Line no. 100-DH-2855-1143
Line no. 100-IA-4304-1143
Line no. 150-PG-1438-6143
Line no. 150-VA-2500-1143
Line no. 250-PL-1250-6143

2. The line nos. are characterized by the service identifiers (namely,
UA, PD, VL, SW, DH, IA, PG, VA and PL).

3. How could the line nos. be sorted according to the service
identifiers in an alphabetical order ? There's a lot more line nos. to
do than being presentable in this query.

4. Please share your experience.

5. Regards.
0
tkt_tang (117)
4/30/2004 3:22:41 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Here's a crack at it ..

Assume the source data is in Sheet1,
in col A, A1 down, viz.:

Line no. 25-UA-4401-1141
Line no. 50-PD-3218-6143
Line no. 50-VL-2210-1149
Line no. 80-SW-4020-1706
Line no. 100-DH-2855-1143
Line no. 100-IA-4304-1143
Line no. 150-PG-1438-6143
Line no. 150-VA-2500-1143
Line no. 250-PL-1250-6143
etc

Note: The service identifiers UA, PD, VL, etc are
all assumed to be *unique* 2 letters within col A

---------
In a new sheet, say Sheet2
-----------------------
Fill down A1:A26 with the numbers 65, 66, .. 90

Put in B1: =CHAR(A1), copy down to B26

B1:B26 will be filled with the letters A to Z

------
In Sheet1
-----------
Put in B1:

=(OFFSET(Sheet2!$A$1,MATCH(LEFT(MID(TRIM(SUBSTITUTE(A1,"Line no.
","")),SEARCH("-",TRIM(SUBSTITUTE(A1,"Line no.
","")))+1,99),1),Sheet2!B:B,0)-1,)&OFFSET(Sheet2!$A$1,MATCH(RIGHT(LEFT(MID(T
RIM(SUBSTITUTE(A1,"Line no. ","")),SEARCH("-",TRIM(SUBSTITUTE(A1,"Line no.
","")))+1,99),2),1),Sheet2!B:B,0)-1,))*1

Copy B1 down as many rows as there is data in col A

Col B will return the "proxy" numbers for the series in col A:

etc

If you wish, you could stop here and just do a sort by col B

---------
In a new sheet, say Sheet3
-------------------
Put in A1:

=OFFSET(Sheet1!$A$1,MATCH(SMALL(Sheet1!B:B,ROW()),Sheet1!B:B,0)-1,0)

Copy A1 down until #NUM appears

Col A in Sheet3 will return the data from col A of Sheet1
sorted in ascending alphabetical order by the service identifiers,
viz. for the sample data set above, it will appear as:

Line no. 100-DH-2855-1143
Line no. 100-IA-4304-1143
Line no. 50-PD-3218-6143
Line no. 150-PG-1438-6143
Line no. 250-PL-1250-6143
Line no. 80-SW-4020-1706
Line no. 25-UA-4401-1141
Line no. 150-VA-2500-1143
Line no. 50-VL-2210-1149

--
Just replace SMALL(...) with LARGE(...) for the formula in col A of Sheet3
above

Put in A1:

=OFFSET(Sheet1!$A$1,MATCH(LARGE(Sheet1!B:B,ROW()),Sheet1!B:B,0)-1,0)

Copy A1 down until #NUM appears (as before)

--
Rgds
Max
"TKT-Tang" <tkt_tang@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Re - GGVT Excel and Engineering Application
>
> 1. A series of piping line nos. is listed as follows :-
>
> Line no. 25-UA-4401-1141
> Line no. 50-PD-3218-6143
> Line no. 50-VL-2210-1149
> Line no. 80-SW-4020-1706
> Line no. 100-DH-2855-1143
> Line no. 100-IA-4304-1143
> Line no. 150-PG-1438-6143
> Line no. 150-VA-2500-1143
> Line no. 250-PL-1250-6143
>
> 2. The line nos. are characterized by the service identifiers (namely,
> UA, PD, VL, SW, DH, IA, PG, VA and PL).
>
> 3. How could the line nos. be sorted according to the service
> identifiers in an alphabetical order ? There's a lot more line nos. to
> do than being presentable in this query.
>
> 4. Please share your experience.
>
> 5. Regards.

0
demechanik (4694)
4/30/2004 3:07:08 PM
> [...]

Please respond, in newsgroup
xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot>com
----
"TKT-Tang" <tkt_tang@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Re - GGVT Excel and Engineering Application
>
> 1. A series of piping line nos. is listed as follows :-
>
> Line no. 25-UA-4401-1141
> Line no. 50-PD-3218-6143
> Line no. 50-VL-2210-1149
> Line no. 80-SW-4020-1706
> Line no. 100-DH-2855-1143
> Line no. 100-IA-4304-1143
> Line no. 150-PG-1438-6143
> Line no. 150-VA-2500-1143
> Line no. 250-PL-1250-6143
>
> 2. The line nos. are characterized by the service identifiers (namely,
> UA, PD, VL, SW, DH, IA, PG, VA and PL).
>
> 3. How could the line nos. be sorted according to the service
> identifiers in an alphabetical order ? There's a lot more line nos. to
> do than being presentable in this query.

0
demechanik (4694)
5/1/2004 12:03:25 AM
> In Sheet1
> -----------
> Put in B1:
>
> =(OFFSET(Sheet2!$A$1,MATCH(LEFT(MID(TRIM(SUBSTITUTE(A1,"Line no.
> ","")),SEARCH("-",TRIM(SUBSTITUTE(A1,"Line no.

","")))+1,99),1),Sheet2!B:B,0)-1,)&OFFSET(Sheet2!$A$1,MATCH(RIGHT(LEFT(MID(T
> RIM(SUBSTITUTE(A1,"Line no. ","")),SEARCH("-",TRIM(SUBSTITUTE(A1,"Line no.
> ","")))+1,99),2),1),Sheet2!B:B,0)-1,))*1

There's quite a fair bit of line wrap in the above formula which needs
to be carefully removed when copy-pasted as-is into the formula bar ..

Here's a re-post of the same formula which can be copy-pasted as-is
into the formula bar [without any line wrap (..hopefully..)]:

In Sheet1
-----------
Put in B1:

=(OFFSET(Sheet2!$A$1,
MATCH(LEFT(MID(TRIM(SUBSTITUTE(A1,"Line no. ","")),
SEARCH("-",TRIM(SUBSTITUTE(A1,"Line no. ","")))+1,99),1),Sheet2!B:B,0)-1,)
&OFFSET(Sheet2!$A$1,
MATCH(RIGHT(LEFT(MID(TRIM(SUBSTITUTE(A1,"Line no. ","")),
SEARCH("-",TRIM(SUBSTITUTE(A1,"Line no.
","")))+1,99),2),1),Sheet2!B:B,0)-1,)                        )*1

--

If you'll like to have the sample book with the whole set-up done,
just post a valid "readable" email here.
Please respond, in newsgroup
xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot>com
---

0
demechanik (4694)
5/2/2004 2:16:18 AM
Re - GGVT TKT - Excel and Engineering Application

Mr. Max,

Thank you for responding to my query.

In the previous article, the query was presented essentially
simplified (for an obvious reason of clarity, certain details were
omitted).

Since there's a lot more line nos. to do than being presentable in the
query, an extended series of piping lines might have been listed as
follows :-

Line no. 25-UA-4401-1141
Line no. 25-UA-4402-1141
Line no. 50-PD-3218-6143
Line no. 50-PD-3219-6143
Line no. 50-VL-2210-1149
Line no. 50-VL-2211-1149
Line no. 80-SW-4020-1706
Line no. 80-SW-4021-1706
Line no. 100-DH-2855-1143
Line no. 100-DH-2856-1143
Line no. 100-IA-4304-1143
Line no. 100-IA-4305-1143
Line no. 150-PG-1438-6143
Line no. 150-PG-1439-6143
Line no. 150-VA-2500-1143
Line no. 150-VA-2501-1143
Line no. 250-PL-1250-6143
Line no. 250-PL-1251-6143

For instance, consider the case of UA : the service identifier is
tagged by a serial number in order to enhance the identity of the line
; and therefore, UA-4401 and UA-4402 are two separate lines.

Look at the line no. 50-PD-3218-6143 ; it specifies that the line is
constructed according to the piping class of 6143.
Subsequently, the continuation of the line no. may become
50-PD-3218-1143 (namely, after a break in the piping class
specification, 6143 is changed to 1143).
Last but not least, the line no. is sized 50 mm (namely, the diameter
of the pipework). When the line size is changed say, from 50 to 100
mm, applying another new line no. (100-PD-3218-6143) would be
justifiable (so that the fabrication crew could readily associate the
line no. with the physical line size).

At this juncture, I'm apprehensive ; I could not help it but as if
hearing words such as : why ain't all that said before ? (please
return to the top of this article).

Applying the worksheet formulae as suggested ;
Line no. 250-PL-1251-6143 is appended to the listing on Sheet1. And
then, the output on Sheet3 shows consecutive duplication of Line no.
250-PL-1250-6143.

Regards.
0
tkt_tang (117)
5/2/2004 11:24:34 PM
"TKT-Tang" wrote:
> Applying the worksheet formulae as suggested ;
> Line no. 250-PL-1251-6143 is appended to the listing on Sheet1. And
> then, the output on Sheet3 shows consecutive duplication of Line no.
> 250-PL-1250-6143.

Ahh ... that's why I added the caveat in my 1st suggestion:

> Note: The service identifiers UA, PD, VL, etc are
> all assumed to be *unique* 2 letters within col A

Your revised sample data list now reveals
the presence of duplicates in the 2 letter service identifiers

To tackle this, try these additional / amendment constructs:
[Your revised sample data is assumed in Sheet1, col A, row1 down]

In Sheet1
------------

(The previous formula suggested in B1 remains unchanged)

Put in C1:

=(B1&MID(TRIM(SUBSTITUTE(A1,"Line no.
","")),SEARCH("-",TRIM(SUBSTITUTE(A1,"Line no.
","")),SEARCH("-",TRIM(SUBSTITUTE(A1,"Line no. ","")))+1)+1,4))*1

Copy C1 down as many rows as you have data in col A

Col C will return a proxy list of numbers
corresponding to the list in col A, viz.:

etc

where the duplicate service identifiers in col A
are now distinguished from each other

We're going to use this Col C as a proxy to sort in Sheet3

In Sheet3
------------
Amend the formula in A1 to point to col C (instead of col B), i.e.:

For ascending alpha order
---------------------------------
Put in A1:

=OFFSET(Sheet1!$A$1,MATCH(SMALL(Sheet1!C:C,ROW()),Sheet1!C:C,0)-1,0)

Copy A1 down until #NUM appears (as before)

For descending alpha order
---------------------------------
Put in A1:

=OFFSET(Sheet1!$A$1,MATCH(LARGE(Sheet1!C:C,ROW()),Sheet1!C:C,0)-1,0)

Copy A1 down until #NUM appears (as before)

Note: You can put the above 2 formulas in any cell in row1 in Sheet3,
For example, try the one for ascending alpha order in A1, and the
other for descending alpa in say B1

--

With the above additional / amended constructs,
it should now auto-sort properly in col A of Sheet3

For example, if you chose ascending alpha order,
the sorted list based on the sample data list in your 2nd post will be:

Line no. 100-DH-2855-1143
Line no. 100-DH-2856-1143
Line no. 100-IA-4304-1143
Line no. 100-IA-4305-1143
Line no. 50-PD-3218-6143
Line no. 50-PD-3219-6143
Line no. 150-PG-1438-6143
Line no. 150-PG-1439-6143
Line no. 250-PL-1250-6143
Line no. 250-PL-1251-6143
Line no. 80-SW-4020-1706
Line no. 80-SW-4021-1706
Line no. 25-UA-4401-1141
Line no. 25-UA-4402-1141
Line no. 150-VA-2500-1143
Line no. 150-VA-2501-1143
Line no. 50-VL-2210-1149
Line no. 50-VL-2211-1149

--
Rgds
Max
Please respond, in newsgroup
xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot>com
---

"TKT-Tang" <tkt_tang@hotmail.com> wrote

> Re - GGVT TKT - Excel and Engineering Application
>
> Mr. Max,
>
> Thank you for responding to my query.
>
> In the previous article, the query was presented essentially
> simplified (for an obvious reason of clarity, certain details were
> omitted).
>
> Since there's a lot more line nos. to do than being presentable in the
> query, an extended series of piping lines might have been listed as
> follows :-
>
> Line no. 25-UA-4401-1141
> Line no. 25-UA-4402-1141
> Line no. 50-PD-3218-6143
> Line no. 50-PD-3219-6143
> Line no. 50-VL-2210-1149
> Line no. 50-VL-2211-1149
> Line no. 80-SW-4020-1706
> Line no. 80-SW-4021-1706
> Line no. 100-DH-2855-1143
> Line no. 100-DH-2856-1143
> Line no. 100-IA-4304-1143
> Line no. 100-IA-4305-1143
> Line no. 150-PG-1438-6143
> Line no. 150-PG-1439-6143
> Line no. 150-VA-2500-1143
> Line no. 150-VA-2501-1143
> Line no. 250-PL-1250-6143
> Line no. 250-PL-1251-6143
>
> For instance, consider the case of UA : the service identifier is
> tagged by a serial number in order to enhance the identity of the line
> ; and therefore, UA-4401 and UA-4402 are two separate lines.
>
> Look at the line no. 50-PD-3218-6143 ; it specifies that the line is
> constructed according to the piping class of 6143.
> Subsequently, the continuation of the line no. may become
> 50-PD-3218-1143 (namely, after a break in the piping class
> specification, 6143 is changed to 1143).
> Last but not least, the line no. is sized 50 mm (namely, the diameter
> of the pipework). When the line size is changed say, from 50 to 100
> mm, applying another new line no. (100-PD-3218-6143) would be
> justifiable (so that the fabrication crew could readily associate the
> line no. with the physical line size).
>
> At this juncture, I'm apprehensive ; I could not help it but as if
> hearing words such as : why ain't all that said before ? (please
> return to the top of this article).
>
> Applying the worksheet formulae as suggested ;
> Line no. 250-PL-1251-6143 is appended to the listing on Sheet1. And
> then, the output on Sheet3 shows consecutive duplication of Line no.
> 250-PL-1250-6143.
>
> Regards.

0
demechanik (4694)
5/3/2004 4:28:29 AM
Mr. Max,

Thank you for your help.

TKT-Tang.
0
tkt_tang (117)
5/4/2004 1:35:25 AM
You're welcome !
Thanks for the feedback
--
Rgds
Max
Please respond, in newsgroup
xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot>com
----
"TKT-Tang" <tkt_tang@hotmail.com> wrote

> Mr. Max,
>
> Thank you for your help.
>
> TKT-Tang.

0
demechanik (4694)
5/4/2004 4:03:07 AM
You're welcome !
Thanks for the feedback
--
Rgds
Max
> Mr. Max,
>
> Thank you for your help.
>
> TKT-Tang.

0
demechanik (4694)

I have passed CRM exam for 1 month, no certificate until today?
I have passed CRM exam for 1 month, no certificate until today? When Microsoft will send me a certificate? I'm in London, UK. Thanks, Jim it normally takes 30 days wait a bit past that then call in and they will send one congrats on passing the exam "CEO" <ceo_uk@msn.com> wrote in message news:86D8779E-2886-4401-B21B-B07B9671ADF1@microsoft.com... >I have passed CRM exam for 1 month, no certificate until today? > When Microsoft will send me a certificate? I'm in London, UK. > > Thanks, > Jim Thanks John, but which one I should call in? Microsoft...

Associated Views in CRM 1.2
I added a couple of case type values, published customization, and reset iis. I created a few cases with the new values. CRM seems working ok. However, there are a number of fields that don't display in the associated views e.g. casetype and status. No records in these associated views has these fields display. Though they contain data in these fields. Does any one have suggestions for my problem? Thanks in advance, Tuan ...

1769- Dedicated Web-Hosting at $1.99!
World's Cheapest Rate Hosting, 99.9% Uptime US Based Dedicated Server, Fast Customer Service Register Domain only at $1.99 per Year Bonus for 1 year Package, Domain Free http://hostwebspaces.com/ ...

Disallow submission of more than 1 timesheet per user per week
In administering the timesheet system it is very frustrating to have employees submit more that one timesheet for the same pay-period and even at times have their managers once again approve them. When you in PDK searching for status of timesheets, trying to determine who you have to chase down, you scroll down on status. In addition you have to scroll down on the names and determine if any are duplicates. If approved and you hit process they get posted to the system and you are then required to go into GP and create a negative timesheet. As the managers don't have a tool to let the...

Microsoft RMS & POS version 1.2 and new laptop
I plan on buying a new Dell Latitude with an Intel Core 2 Duo processor. I wanted to know if RMS & POS 1.2 will run on a laptop with such a processor. This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_05A7_01C7B449.4A9F88D0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Tom, Only if you buy it with XP (Pro preferred) installed and not Vista. Why still on 1.2? You're about 50 revisions behind. --=20 Regards, Jeff Hobbs Check Point Software =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D...

How To Get 1 Million Visitors On Your Web Site
How To Get 1 Million Visitors On Your Web Site Without Paying A Dime In advertising ! Click here : http://www.freeadguru.com/cgi-bin/i.pl?c=a&i=16649 Are you frustrated by the lack of traffic coming to your site? If I would tell you that after months of research, I just got my hands on the most hidden secrets... Pssttt, yes precisely those secrets that the wealthy webmasters are using now to get their millions of hits every day. And let me tell you, it works... It's incredible to see all the knowledge they possess...they even have very sneaky tricks ! These well guarded ...

Office 2004 11.1.0 Update Log
Now that I have updated Office 2004 to 11.1.0 I would like to delete the annoying log file on my hard drive. I have tried to delete it with no success. I even unlocked the file and changed the ownership to no avail. Why can't I delete it? Please help. On 11/16/04 2:02 AM, in article 984fc4de.0411160202.764ad1c5@posting.google.com, "David Shelton" <DavidDShelton@hotmail.com> wrote: > Now that I have updated Office 2004 to 11.1.0 I would like to delete > the annoying log file on my hard drive. I have tried to delete it > with no success. I even unlocked the f...

1. Is it possible to do this excel?
Hi friends, i have a small query if you got little time. i have many numbers in an excel worksheet and i want to round them up only for decimal places and that too like this way. 219.39---219.35 219.32---219.30 219.34---219.30 219.37---219.35 I mean decimal places must end in .05, .10, .15, .20, .25, .30, so on. what is the function for this result. thanks in advance. Try this =FLOOR(A1,0.05) Mike "san" wrote: > Hi friends, i have a small query if you got little time. i have many numbers > in an excel worksheet and i want to round them up only for decimal places ...

2 credit cards- 1 transaction
does anyone know how to split a transaction tender onto 2 different credit cards? for example, if the total is $100 and a customer wants to put $70 on his Platinum Visa and $30 on his Citibank Visa (same tender type). go to Database | Tender Types in the Manager and check the box to allow multiple entries. "Kamal Hood" <kamal@compassionatecaregivers.net> wrote in message news:ukCYrr28EHA.3820@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > does anyone know how to split a transaction tender onto 2 different credit > cards? for example, if the total is $100 and a customer wants to put $70 o...

Forcing output to 1 decimal place
Hi, I use the following formula to generate time from a particular date to when and exam was conducted: =IF('Details'!M6="","",($I6-MAX('Details'!$M6,DATE(2009,4,1)))/7) the output of this is then put through Data - Analysis to produce a Histogram. This output of the formula is to 7 (seven decimal places) and I don't need that accuracy for the Histogram all I need is 1 decimal place. How can I modify the formula to calculate to 1 decimal place only. -- Steve The reason lightning doesn't strike twice in the same place is that the same place...

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Office_X_10.1.2_update_doesn=B4t_update_word?=
Hello, I tried to update Office X 10.0 to 10.1.2 several times with the updater from the MS website, but the updater doesn�t update the word application (the other excel,powerpoint, entourage yes). So after updating word crashes after starting, the other apps work fine, does any body know a solution ? I already tried removing Office X with the uninstall application and reinstalling from the CD and repair permissions before and after updating. regards from germany ralf Mac OS 10.3.2 ...

Multicolumn listbox behaving wwird in VC7.1
Prob: Created a Listbox with Horizontal Scroll and Multicolumn property set to true. When you select any item in the columns say XCol other than the first column, the item in the XCol+1 column in the same row would be selected if XCol+1 exists else it would select the last item in the list. To be simple if you select 2 rwo item in the 2 Column, the 2 row element in the 3 column would be selected if 3column exists else it will select the last item in the list. It happens only when you select other than the first column for the first tim in the list. For subsequent selections it works fin...

Exchange server not using more than 1 GB of Ram
HELP! Server: Exchange 2003 Enterprise (pre SP1) Windows 2003 Enterprise Server Dell 2650 > 4GBs Ram > 2x2.8GHz procs > Hyperthreaded to 4 > Hardware Raid > 5 72 GB hard drives:2-mirror(boot,system,logs),3-Raid5 (stores) Here is my boot.ini file (pardon the word wrapping): [boot loader] timeout=30 default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS [operating systems] multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS="Windows Server 2003, Enterprise" /fastdetect /3GB /USERVA=3030 This box has plenty of RAM and Exchange will not take more than 1 GB. After ...

Batch Processing 1.2 v 3.0
Hello, In 1.2 we were able to perform mass mailings through the batch processing command. I noticed in 3.0, this is not available. What is available is performing mass mailings through Outlook. Is this true? ...

CRM 3.0 install (upgrade from 1.2) issues
When installing crm it goes through checking the required components and installs them. One of them being MDAC. But then it goes through the next few stages of the wizard and confirms the server meets all the requirements. But it falls over saying that MDAC is not installed or is an incorrect version. Now i have checked the mdac on the server using ccchecker and it has all the required components of the compatable version that ms say is V2.6 upwards. The odd thing is when comparing these settings to the setup on the test server they are identical (that installed fine with an upgrade wi...

Can I print 2 pages on 1 page?
Is it possible to print a 2 page document and double side it? Does the printer do that? I do a lot of printing of emails and they are occasionally more than one page. I was hoping that I could save paper and time by double siding my print jobs. Thanks in advance for any info! Hello, Angel lover; Yes and Yes. Some printers have that option. Check your print dialog. If yours doesn't, check for manual paper feed. If it doesn't have that, take all but one sheet out of the paper input tray. For these last two options, print as normal, take the printed sheet, turn it over, and pu...

CRM 1.2 Email activity not thrustworthy ?
I have a customer who send a mail from CRM and the following 4 replies are filed under the contactperson in CRM. After a few days he send a reply to one of the mails which his customer also replies to but they are NOT filed in CRM ??? He can upgrade the mails as activities, here it says that it might exist in CRM, but it doesn't until i upgrade. He want's to be sure that the correspondance is getting filed in CRM, have anyone experienced this problem ?? Hope you are able to help me out here. Jack do you have any spam filters on your exchange box that might be intercepting ...

how do i set up a formula to add a '1' to a total each time a spe.
I need to do a running total each time a specified text string appears. The specified text string will be in Column A and there will be other text strings in this column. I want to do a running total for each text string. Any Suggestions? Sounds as though you should look at COUNTIF Maybe use Filter | Advanced Filter to get a list of unique string first Regards Trevor "ucastores" <ucastores@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3D15588A-3425-446C-A0DC-F2BE3AA46F0E@microsoft.com... >I need to do a running total each time a specified text string appears....

1.3R Change Database Engine from MSDE to SQLE2005
Do anyone have a step by step process for changing the database engine from MSDE to SQL Express 2005 for RMS 1.3R? Thanks Here's what I did: 1. Backup existing database 2. Installed .Net 2.0 myself (since it is required for new DB) 3. Ran MS Update just to make sure after .Net 2.0 install 4. Made sure I had at least 1GB free in C: 5. Installed SQL 2005 Express from RMS 2.0 CD (allowed it to remove MSDE) 6. Re-booted 7. Ran MS Update again 8. Started 1.3 Manager to test DB connections and anything funny 9. Tested my backup/restore db command file -- John M. "Danny" <...

Help with formula ='1'!$H$19+'1'!$H$57
How would I go about changing or writing the formula: ='1'!$H$19+'1'!$H$57 so that the next rows are ='2'!$H$19+'2'!$H$57 ='3'!$H$19+'3'!$H$57 without copying the formula and just manually changing it on each row? Mike =indirect("'"&row(A1)&"'!H19+'"&row(A1)&"'!H57") and fill down "Mike Birney" <Mike_Birney@Yahoo.com> wrote in message news:e$NaQ0UAIHA.4732@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > How would I go about changing or writing the formula: > ='1'!$H$19+&...

Cwnd::CreateEx creates a window under Win2k that looks like Win 3.1!
This is a weird one. I'm creating a window for a class derived from CWnd using CreateEx. The window is created and it is perfectly usable. However, all of its widgets, and its style in general is that of Windows 3.1! I don't understand how this can be. My code: CString my_class = AfxRegisterWndClass(CS_VREDRAW | CS_HREDRAW, ::LoadCursor(NULL, IDC_ARROW), (HBRUSH) ::GetStockObject(WHITE_BRUSH), ::LoadIcon(NULL, IDI_APPLICATION)); BOOL status = mInterpreter->CreateEx( WS_EX_APPWINDOW|WS_EX_CLIENTEDGE| WS_EX_WINDOWEDGE, my_class, _T("Python Interpreter"), W...

Mortgage setup Q for 2006
Okay, I've had mortgages in the past but this one is different than past mortgages (no Escrow). What's the best way to setup the following mortgage in MM2006? Principle/Interest payment only I pay Taxes on my own so I'll need a separate account for that and will probably transfer the money into savings or a CD since taxes aren't due right away. The Home Owners Insurance I pay out of pocket too. The first year has been paid for out of closing costs, but in 2005 I will have to pay for it. I had about $3000 in Earnest Money that I just stuck in House/Downpayment catego...

V. 11.1.0 problems
After installing the update to v. 11.1.0, all of my Office applications have slowed to a crawl. As an example, in Entourage, when I'm at the Mail screen, if I select the Address Book or Calendar button, everything freezes for 10 to 15 seconds. I'm running OS X 10.3.5 w/ 512 mb of RAM. Any suggestions?? ...

Prints only 8 1/2 x11 envelope, no matter what size selected
i can only print 8 1/2 x 11 on print preview and the print out no matter what size I select or how I orient the envelope. I have done a Word repair from installation disc & removed and reinstalled printer software, (Epson Stylus Photo 960). In another application the printer prints with various normal selections. I have other Word envelope files for other mailings stored, and they preview and print normal. It appears to be some over ridding default I cannot find. The problem appeared after I attempted to print some custom 8 1/2 x 11 envelopes for a job and since I have not be...

Outlook installing every time in 1
I get an error/install only in 1 outlook 2000 on only 1 of many 2000 Terminal Services clients ( all others work fine). This error only happens when this client opens the outlook 2000 on their client log in. All that it does is try install every time it is opened. It works after but they have to wait for it each time. I believe that when I log in to that client that I can do a quick reg edit to fix it but I can not find any papers on this at the MS web site? Anyone seen this or have a per they can shaer with me? Please email me Patrick@jobwarehouse.com ...