=GET.WORKBOOK(1+0*NOW())

When i use =GET.WORKBOOK(1+0*NOW()) and I try to save to xlsx format (Excel
2007), i get an error stating that an Excel 4.0 macro cannot be saved in a
macro-free workbook.  Is there an excel 2007 version of get.workbook that can
be saved in a macro-free workbook?
0
Don4849 (203)
7/17/2008 2:16:19 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

>>Is there an excel 2007 version of get.workbook that can be saved in a
>>macro-free workbook?

Since an Excel 4 macro is a macro a macro-free workbook cannot contain one.
Pick XLSM or XLSB or XLS.

--
Jim
"Don" <Don@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| When i use =GET.WORKBOOK(1+0*NOW()) and I try to save to xlsx format
(Excel
| 2007), i get an error stating that an Excel 4.0 macro cannot be saved in a
| macro-free workbook.  Is there an excel 2007 version of get.workbook that
can
| be saved in a macro-free workbook?

0
jrrech (1932)
7/17/2008 2:56:14 PM
thanks, new to excel 2007 and never thought about the xlsb.

"Jim Rech" wrote:

> >>Is there an excel 2007 version of get.workbook that can be saved in a
> >>macro-free workbook?
>
> Since an Excel 4 macro is a macro a macro-free workbook cannot contain one.
> Pick XLSM or XLSB or XLS.
>
> --
> Jim
> "Don" <Don@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> | When i use =GET.WORKBOOK(1+0*NOW()) and I try to save to xlsx format
> (Excel
> | 2007), i get an error stating that an Excel 4.0 macro cannot be saved in a
> | macro-free workbook.  Is there an excel 2007 version of get.workbook that
> can
> | be saved in a macro-free workbook?

0
Don4849 (203)
7/17/2008 4:18:01 PM
Just out of curiosity, what is the purpose of multiply NOW() by zero...
won't that **always** produce zero for that part of the expression?

Rick

"Don" <Don@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When i use =GET.WORKBOOK(1+0*NOW()) and I try to save to xlsx format
> (Excel
> 2007), i get an error stating that an Excel 4.0 macro cannot be saved in a
> macro-free workbook.  Is there an excel 2007 version of get.workbook that
> can
> be saved in a macro-free workbook?

Make it volatile?

--

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"Rick Rothstein (MVP - VB)" <rick.newsNO.SPAM@NO.SPAMverizon.net> wrote in
message news:%23GOBazC6IHA.5024@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> Just out of curiosity, what is the purpose of multiply NOW() by zero...
> won't that **always** produce zero for that part of the expression?
>
> Rick
>

> "Don" <Don@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> When i use =GET.WORKBOOK(1+0*NOW()) and I try to save to xlsx format
>> (Excel
>> 2007), i get an error stating that an Excel 4.0 macro cannot be saved in
>> macro-free workbook.  Is there an excel 2007 version of get.workbook that
>> can
>> be saved in a macro-free workbook?

0
peo.sjoblom (169)
7/17/2008 4:58:03 PM
Is that something one would normally want for this kind of function? What
does it being volatile do for its functionality?

Rick

"Peo Sjoblom" <peo.sjoblom@mvps.org> wrote in message
> Make it volatile?
>
> --
>

> Regards,
>

> Peo Sjoblom
>
> "Rick Rothstein (MVP - VB)" <rick.newsNO.SPAM@NO.SPAMverizon.net> wrote in
> message news:%23GOBazC6IHA.5024@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>> Just out of curiosity, what is the purpose of multiply NOW() by zero...
>> won't that **always** produce zero for that part of the expression?
>>
>> Rick
>>

>> "Don" <Don@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> When i use =GET.WORKBOOK(1+0*NOW()) and I try to save to xlsx format
>>> (Excel
>>> 2007), i get an error stating that an Excel 4.0 macro cannot be saved in
>>> macro-free workbook.  Is there an excel 2007 version of get.workbook
>>> that can
>>> be saved in a macro-free workbook?

If you define a name, say "x", as that formula and enter =x in a cell, it
will update with every calc (returning the workbook/worksheet name).
Without the 0*Now() it doesn't update with a calc so it would not reflect a
change in workbook or worksheet name.

--
Jim
"Rick Rothstein (MVP - VB)" <rick.newsNO.SPAM@NO.SPAMverizon.net> wrote in
| Is that something one would normally want for this kind of function? What
| does it being volatile do for its functionality?
|
| Rick
|

| "Peo Sjoblom" <peo.sjoblom@mvps.org> wrote in message
| > Make it volatile?
| >
| > --
| >

| > Regards,
| >

| > Peo Sjoblom
| >
| > "Rick Rothstein (MVP - VB)" <rick.newsNO.SPAM@NO.SPAMverizon.net> wrote
in
| > message news:%23GOBazC6IHA.5024@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
| >> Just out of curiosity, what is the purpose of multiply NOW() by zero...
| >> won't that **always** produce zero for that part of the expression?
| >>
| >> Rick
| >>

| >> "Don" <Don@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
jrrech (1932)
7/17/2008 5:39:00 PM
I get it now... thanks.

Rick

"Jim Rech" <jrrech@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> If you define a name, say "x", as that formula and enter =x in a cell, it
> will update with every calc (returning the workbook/worksheet name).
> Without the 0*Now() it doesn't update with a calc so it would not reflect
> change in workbook or worksheet name.
>
> --
> Jim
> "Rick Rothstein (MVP - VB)" <rick.newsNO.SPAM@NO.SPAMverizon.net> wrote in
> message news:ea$0zID6IHA.3856@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> | Is that something one would normally want for this kind of function?
> What
> | does it being volatile do for its functionality?
> |
> | Rick
> |

> | "Peo Sjoblom" <peo.sjoblom@mvps.org> wrote in message
> | > Make it volatile?
> | >
> | > --
> | >

> | > Regards,
> | >

> | > Peo Sjoblom
> | >
> | > "Rick Rothstein (MVP - VB)" <rick.newsNO.SPAM@NO.SPAMverizon.net>
> wrote
> in
> | > message news:%23GOBazC6IHA.5024@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> zero...

> saved
> in

2004 trial, how do I get rid of it?
My trial is over, and I want my Money 2002 back. Does anyone know how I can do that? The easiest way is to use control panel->add/remove programs to remove the 2004 trial pieces (there are two programs to uninstall). Then reinstall 2002 and use the backup file created when you first installed Money 2004 - it'll be named something like My Money.M10. Any transactions entered in the trial which you want to keep will need to be re-entered into the 2002 version, as you can't downgrade a file from 2004 to 2002. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money Check http://support.microsoft.co...

1 Chart

CRM 4.0 External Connector
Can anyone point me to CRM 4.0 External Connector installation guide? Cheers, Mandy. "Mandy" <Mandy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BF297AE0-9446-46CB-91FA-CFF19A65F1DF@microsoft.com... > Can anyone point me to CRM 4.0 External Connector installation guide? The external connector is a license so nothing you need to install. -- Robert MacLean http://www.sadev.co.za thanks for update. would you know if there's any specs on how it integrates with crm? "Robert MacLean" wrote: > "Mandy" <Mandy@discussions.microsoft.com&g...

Enter "1", cell show ".01". Why?
Any number typed into a cell is divided by 100. If proceded by "=" the number is correct. What caused this and how can I fix it? Try this .. Click Tools > Options > Edit tab Uncheck "Fixed decimal" > OK Things should be back to normal now .. (it's a fixed decimal setting !) -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- Singapore, GMT+8 xdemechanik http://savefile.com/projects/236895 -- "Yonian" <Yonian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:40499CA4-7FAF-42A6-8B19-A90881735C50@microsoft.com... > Any number typed into a cell is divided by 100. > If p...

Where to get missing msvcp70.dll?
After I uninstalled a bunch of software, when I run an app it says app failed because msvcp70.dll was not found. Re-installing that app does not help. I guess I need to restore the missing msvcp70.dll. What is the official way to get it? Some sites offer this file for download but I'm not sure the files are genuine. In my system32 folder there is msvcp50.dll, msvcp60.dll, msvcp71.dll, but no msvcp70.dll. It is not in the recycle bin either :( "james" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message news:#XS21G1gKHA.5520@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > After I un...

get rid of macro option at startup
I created and then deleted a macro in an Excel file. Why do I still get the warning box (i.e. the one asking if I want to enable or disable macros) when I open the file? Is there a way to get rid of this since I no longer have macros in this file? Thanks. Brad You need to delete the empty module.! Bill K "Brad Rench" <brench@comcast.net> wrote in message news:kSOdnb0Jjst9afaiXTWJkg@comcast.com... > I created and then deleted a macro in an Excel file. > > Why do I still get the warning box (i.e. the one asking if I want to enable > or disable macros) when I o...

AOL IMAP account
I have set up AOL email account as IMAP type and keep getting pop up in outlook " your IMAP server wants to alert you the following: Can't read attachment for message 6438. this pops up for many times and each time the number is different. new profile same issue. Office Version:Office 2007 Operating System:Windows Vista / Windows 7 - same issue. Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com Do you have a virus scanner installed which integrates itself with Outlook? Uninstall this integration part of your virus scanner and try again; you'd still be sufficiently p...

SK 40175 Tuff-1 1/2-Inch Drive 15-Inch Reversible Ratchet
Price:$90.24 Image: http://thediscounfinder.info/image.php?id=B0009U5RRM Best deal: http://thediscounfinder.info/index.php?id=B0009U5RRM Item #: SKT40175. Features & Benefits:Tuff 1(r) Ratchets 72 tooth head design delivers a short 5" stroke for use in tight areas.17 teeth engage when torque is applied to provide a strong grip without slippage.Thumb falls naturally into position, giving instant control with one hand.Easy to reverse, 4 point cap.SuperKrome plating for long tool life and maximum corrosion resistance.Description: 15" Reversible Tuff Customers also search for:...

Exchange 2003 SP1 to get DST patch & Exchange 2000 patch is available to anyone for $4,000
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C746B0.CFF31030 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable http://blogs.technet.com/hied_west_blog/archive/2007/02/01/dst-2007-updat= e-outlook-time-zone-data-update-tool-released-february-1-2007.aspx In the "New Highlights" section: "Exchange Server 2003 SP1 will now be = supported for an updated version of the Exchange CDO patch to be = released shortly." and "DST Hotfixes for products in Extended Support can now be purchased for = ...

Remove file Protection from an Excel workbook file from others
I have an older excel file created by someone who is no longer with my company. I want to use that file as a starting point to created another file. The file is set up as "read only". If I try to change any of the cells, I get the message that the "cell or chart is protected and therefore read only" and further tells me to unprotect before attempting the change. When I got to tools/protection/Unprotect Sheet I get the request for a password. I don't know the password as the file was created by another. I have tried "save as", from tools making sur...

Purchase Order 2.0.0127
Am I the only one having issues with the upgrade? 1) I create a purchase order 2) I click on add item 3) I type in the supplier ILC, and nothing comes up (ONLY on some items)! 4) I click on all items, and find the item, and add it! 5) When I click on OK the item is added to the purchase order, along with the supplier ILC! OR When I click on all items, even though the item may be in the database, I can't find it to add to the PO, unless I close out the PO and re-open it??? This started happening only since I upgraded the the 2.0.0127! -- Thank You Vince :) -- Thank You Vince :) Yes...

Getting kicked of outlook2003
Every time I print directly after I get kicked offline Do you mean that Outlook closes? "jp614" <jp614@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:150AB89F-0A3D-4D31-B2EF-0E3E1A852199@microsoft.com... > Every time I print directly after I get kicked offline No, It completely boots me off the network. When I loose connection to Outlook it takes my computer offline--looses connection... "Vince Averello [MVP-Outlook]" wrote: > Do you mean that Outlook closes? > > "jp614" <jp614@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message > ...

RMS 2.0 matrix dimensions are annoying, but help is available
For reasons I don't understand, MS saw fit in RMS 2.0 to use dimensions data for matrix components that is far less accessible to users than Sub Descriptions are. For instance, I can't edit assign a dimension value to an existing item I have added to a matrix. I can't see a reason for using Dimensions with limitations like this as using Sub Descs. to describe matrix "dimensions" worked fine previously. Does anyone know why MS did this? It's annoying! Digital Retail Solutions (DRS) has a product called Power Ops (Build 2.2.0003). It's help file mentions (se...

Upgrade GP 9.0 SP2 to GP 10.0 Advice
Hi, We are planning our upgrade of GP9.0 SP2 to GP10.0. We are running SQL 2000 and would like to also upgrade to SQL 2005. I am using the following url (and read some threads on this forum): https://mbs.microsoft.com/customersource/support/knowledgebase/hottopics/hot_topic_updatingmicrosoftdynamicsgp10.htm?printpage=false (page: Updating to Microsoft Dynamics GP 10.0) The chart Microsoft provides says I can go from 9.00.0281 (which is SP2) to 10.0 or any patch install. What does "any patch install" mean? Does this mean I can't go directly to 10.0 Feature Pack 1? Would i...

get rid of extra spaces between paragraphs worked only once.
Changed style from Word 7 to Word 3, used help online, but still have 2 left with spaces I cannot get rid of on my last page. Got any help for me? -- Only fools and bigots prefer French over Spanish to be taught in public or private schools. In the Styles pane (Ctrl+Alt+Shift+S), right-click the style name and choose Modify from the context menu. In the Modify Style dialog box, click Format, Paragraph. Make sure that Line Spacing is what you want, and that Spacing Before and Spacing After are both set to zero. Click OK. To transfer the style definition to the attached template, d...

CRM 3.0
Folks Any way that we can assign leads / opportunities / other entities to teams rather than individuals? All the best Hany Hi Hany, Team ownership is not supported in CRM 3.0. Could you describe your scenario, and maybe we could provide some alternatives? Thanks -- Jay Grewal Microsoft Dynamics CRM This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights. "Electronic Workplace" <info@electronicworkplace.LoseThisBit.com> wrote in message news:O0cfzAT$FHA.140@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Folks > > Any way that we can assign leads /...

Get firefox- The fastest web browser in the world!
FireFox is a web browser created by Mozilla,it's the fatest web browser in whole world download now from site: http://hot-firefox.blogspot.com/ joke-master wrote: > FireFox is a web browser created by Mozilla,it's the fatest web > browser in whole world > download now from site: > http://hot-firefox.blogspot.com/ > If you don't mind it's memory leaks. If you re-boot each day it may not be a problem for you. Al ...

Save custom formats independantly of workbooks?
Hi, Is there a way to save several custom formats (say, numbers in $000's, in $ millions, etc) which I would use for a variety of workbooks (including workbooks where those formats do not exist yet), with a name, and make them accessible from the toolbars? Earlier today someone kindly suggested to assign a name to the format using Format -> Style, but the formats I had saved have disappeared from the style menu once I closed a spreadhseet and used a different one. Any suggestion? Many thanks, Joss Delage ...

Can we get newsgroups with Windows Live Mail?
Currently we have WindowsXP, SP3, OE. How will Windows7 get newsgroups? Will these be part of "Windows Live Mail" as they are in OE? Please help, Frank Newsgroups work virtually the same in WLMail as they do in OE. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Frank Martin" <fm@general.com.au> wrote in message news:uybUM2d2KHA.2284@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Currently we have WindowsXP, SP3, OE. > > How will Windows7 get newsgroups? Will these be part of "Windows Live > Mail" as they ...

Converting from Lotus 1, 2, 3 docs
I have a user who has a bunch of Lotus 1, 2, 3 spreadsheets that he is trying to convert to Excel. His version of Lotus is old (version 5), his version of Excel is 2000 sp2. The files convert but they are missing pages or headings or other unacceptable qualities. Anyone any advice? Michael If you open the files using Excel and save them to an .xls format in the current version you are losing data? A while back I needed to do this. I wrote an application in VB that loops through the files, opens them using Excel (add a reference in VB to MS Office 10) and then save them in the current ...