"Form" repeats on every page

Hi,

With Excel 2000, are there options to put some kind of "Form" into the
cells (like a  form you would have on paper) and have that page
repeated automatically, once you move the cursor to the next page?

Thaks for any pointer,

Jochen
--
Jochen Daum - Cabletalk Group Ltd.
PHP DB Edit Toolkit -- PHP scripts for building

Yes,  I've seen many people use Excel to enter a question and then use cell
borders to make an "underline" where a user would type a response, or, when
the worksheet was printed, write a response.

One way to make multiple pages would be to copy the spreadsheet.  Each time
you need a new page, right-click on the tab, select "Move or Copy...", put a
check mark in the "Create a copy" option, and click OK.

You could also create your spreadsheet and save it as a template.  Create
your spreadsheet with your questions and cells with borders, then choose
File->Save As.  In the window that appear, specify the "Save as type" as
"Template (*.xlt).  Now, every time you create a new spreadsheet, use that
template, so you'll start with your questions and underlines, instead of a
blank spreadsheet.  This could be very effective, so read up on Templates if
you're unfamilar with them.

Finally, I would also like to let you know that there is a new product in
the latest version of Microsoft Office which is called InfoPath.  It is very
useful for creating electronic versions of paper forms and capturing the
answers....  the Excel forum isn't the right place to talk about InfoPath,
but if you'd like more information, post a reply or e-mail me at
tsides@intelligentsystemsconsulting.com.

"Jochen Daum" <jochen.daum@cabletalk.co.nz> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> With Excel 2000, are there options to put some kind of "Form" into the
> cells (like a  form you would have on paper) and have that page
> repeated automatically, once you move the cursor to the next page?
>
> Thaks for any pointer,
>
> Jochen
> --
> Jochen Daum - Cabletalk Group Ltd.
> PHP DB Edit Toolkit -- PHP scripts for building
> database editing interfaces.
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/phpdbedittk/

0
tsides (114)

Excel 2003 Forms Crash on Tablet PC all other OSs Ok
Hi, I have an excel app that works fine on all OSs (XP, 2000) except Tablet. When a user opens the spreadsheet they are presented with a form which they fill out and save the data. The data is then saved and the form is called again. On the Tablet (and Tablet only - work fine on desktops) it freezes on the form and the only course of action is to kill the process. Any excel guru's with the answer or even a lead? ...

Changing & recalculating default values on a form
There are a number of occassions in my application where I use a calculated control (1) as the default value for an unbound control (2). Most of the time the user will accept this value and move forward; however, if one of the underlying values upon which the calculated control (1) is based changes, I would like the value of the unbound control (2) to be updated. I do not want to bind the control (2), because there will also be a few times when the user will need to change its (2) value independent of the value calculated in Control (1) Can I do this? Thanks so much. =?Utf-8?B?TGVM...

Meeting Registration Form?
I have a customer who wants to be able to post a meeting on a shared calendar in the corporate public folders of her company, then have employees be able to click on that meeting and be able to register for it there. Is there a form anyone knows availabel for this, or is this concept even do-able. -- Mike Exchange 2007, Outlook 2003 and 2007 clients. Whether it's feasible depends on exactly what you mean by "register for it." -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook 2007 Programming: Jumpstart for Power Users and Administrators htt...

Having one form show another form's input?
I'm trying to get my user form to show data in my spreadsheet. I've tried things like .Value = Range("E1") and things like that, but nothing seems to work. I have 2 forms. The first form is an information-entering type form. The second I want to display that information that the user inputs (his/her name, number, etc.) How can this be done? in the second form click the cell you want to display the info, press = then click on the cell you wish it to display in the user form and press enter. ive asked a similar Q; on how to do this for an entire sheet or book, may...

Create User Form
Hello All, I want to be able to create a user form with the following:- 1) Drop down box to show all listed directories i.e. c:\, a:\ etc 2) List box to show all files listed in the selected directory (above 3) A command button to open the file selected I am familiar with userforms but not sure what the coding is to achiev this. Any advice will be greatfully received. Regards, PAUL -- LEXCER ----------------------------------------------------------------------- LEXCERM's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1521 View this thread: http://w...

Format TextBox to Currency in a Form
Hi, I am having trouble formatting textbox in a form. Here is a little background on what i did in a form. I have a combobox that has all the company names. I am populating textbox results by selecting company name from the combobox. For Example, If i select CompanyA from the combobox then the textbox1 will populate its revenue. But, its populating in a general number format without any decimals. I tried everything from changing the property in the textbox and the source table. But i have no luck getting the Currency in the format. Can someone please help me with my isssue. ...

Can a form update a database?
I need to create a conference call agenda/meeting minutes template. On it I'd like to use check boxes to note who of the invitees showed up. I'd like to be able to get a listing of all the people (who may or may not be invited to all meetings) and the dates they attended. Can a form in Excel populate a database or could the form populate another Excel file? I'm real stupid about how to do things like this - does anybody have advice or maybe even a simple example? Thanks! I'd put the checkboxes in column A (say A1:A20) and link each checkbox to the cell underneath the check...

How to sometimes open form to new record?
I have a parent form which is then linked to a child form. I want to have two buttons on the parent form, one to open the child form and display all the records with the corresponding foreign key, and one button to open the child form to a new record with the corresponding foreign key already inserted. I have figured out how to open the child form to a new record, but I cannot figure out how to insert the parent ID into the child foreign key. Help! Thanks. Megan, You don't have to enter the ParentID in the Child subfrom records... Establish a one many relationship between the Pa...

Format page number in Words Document
Hi, Appreciate if you can help me here. I am trying to number my pages in my document a bit differently using the header and footer but I can't seem to get around doing it. Normally the page numbers will run concurrently in the header or footer as in page 1,2,3,4...etc But what intend to do is add page 5 (a) after page 5 and before page 6. However when I do that under the header or footer page 5 becomes page 5 (a) How do I format this under the header or footer? Thanks You will need to use the following field construction { IF { PAGE } > 5 { IF { PAGE } &...

How do I create drop down form fields in Excel?
Is it possible to create dropdown lists in Excel? If so, how do I do it? Thanks You can use Data Validation to create the dropdown lists. There are instructions in Excel's Help, and here: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html Micki wrote: > Is it possible to create dropdown lists in Excel? If so, how do I do it? > > Thanks -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

Subreport in Form
Howdy! Virtually, what I would like to do is put a subreport in a form. Reading around, I have discovered this to be impossible ;). Basically, what I have is a report building form that I would like to have a preview of the report off to the side. Is there a practical way of accomplishing this? I am using Access 2007. Thanks for any input! ...

Can't get Date Range to work from Form to Report
Hi, I've followed Allen Browne's directions very closely for creating a form for a date range to limit results to that date range on a report and can not get it to work for some reason. I've read many threads on this board which all say the same thing and it seems to work for everyone else. :( Here's what I have: A form with two unbound text boxes called [txtDateBegin] and [txtDateEnd]. The form is called "frmDateRange" and the report is called "Sales Activity Report". The two unbound text boxes are set to "Short Date" format which the user ...

Form as Web Page
It has been many years since I used Access, but I would swear that I used to be able to save/export the form as an HTML or at least make it look like a webpage. I want to be able to open the form and add/modify records without having access to (or even see) the tool bars, etc... Yes you could save as a Data Access Page. Does not have all the functionality of regular forms. Maybe this would help: http://databases.about.com/od/tutorials/ss/dataaccess.htm MS Access 2010 will be released in June and has the ability to build web databases. Quite nice from what I have seen. The ...

[Publisher 2003] Print large format on single page?!
Hello, can anyone tell me how I can print a large-format poster on one single smaller page? (I only find the option for distributing the poster on several pages.) Thanks! Frank Will your printer print a large format poster? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Frank Peters" <frank123.nospam@web.de> wrote in message news:c9078d$h9b$03$1@news.t-online.com... > Hello, > > can anyone tell me how I can print a large-format poster on one single > smaller page? (I only find the option for distributing the poster on > several pages.) > > Thanks! Fran...

Promted for opening of attachment form Outlook
I have tasks linked to notes in One Note, whenever I click the attachment to open the notebook, I get a "Opening Mail Attachment" you should only open attachments from trustworthy.......... and the " always ask before opening" box is checked and grayed out so I cant change it. Although not the biggest problem in the world, it is an annoyance. Any thoughts on how to eliminate this? -------- Original-Nachricht -------- > I have tasks linked to notes in One Note, whenever I click the attachment to > open the notebook, I get a "Opening Mail...

How can I refresh data in a calculated field on my main form after sub form data changes?
Hi, I have created a database to store my bank transactions. On my main form which is the default form to open when the database starts, I have 2 subforms. One subform is for deposits and one is for withdrawals. On the main form I have a calculated field that shows my current balance. The problem is that after I have entered either a deposit or withdrawal the new balance does not refresh. The other problem is that I don't want to requery the main form because the query behind it will always ask me for my password so that it shows the information for the account I want to see, but this see...

Controlling Navigation Pane from a form
Hi In my Access 2007 application I provide a number of buttons for users to control what they see on the screen. My users go back and forth between the initial 'switchboard' type of form (as a frontend interface) and the actual tables and queries that are listed in the navigation pane. I have a button that shows/hides the nav. pane (with a simple SendKeys "{F11}" snippet) -- but I would like the groups to be collapsed when the pane becomes visible. Right now, when the button is clicked, the nav. pane is displayed, but will have various groups expanded depending...

main form deactivation
Hi I have simple question. How to catch the event when my main application window is being minimized or sent to background by another application (no its own window) Thanks Shark >I have simple question. How to catch the event when my main application >window is being minimized or sent to background by another application (no >its own window) Shark, Handle the WM_ACTIVATEAPP message. Dave "shark" <as_shark@poczta.onet.pl> wrote in message news:%23Pm5O69LHHA.1248@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hi > > I have simple question. How to catch the event when my...

Form on the web
I am building a database for my company to calculate information on our centers and such. What i would like to do is since not everyone has access installed to put it on a form for them to access. Version is 2003 and i know it is vague so if you need more info please ask but i need to know what i should look for to see if i am able to do this. Take a look at what Access MVP Tony Toews has on his website on tips for access users under the heading WWW tools. Jeanette Cunningham "Rob" <Rob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E43DA955-38FF-4EE6-A50C-393753089...

Passing data between forms Access 2000
Hello, I have a master/detail form with a button which when clicked displays summary data line by line in a different form, which contains a "More" button which when pressed should display a copy of the Master/detail form with all the data. I have done this in another data bases (Access 98 & 2003) with no problems, but I now get no data passed back when the "More" button is pressed. My code is as follows: Dim stDocName As String Dim stLinkCriteria As String stDocName = "FClient_and_sub_more" stLinkCriteria = "[Cname]=" &...

Microsoft Acess Forms-Check Boxes
I have a very complicated database that involves SQL servers. I was thrown to the wolves for maintaining and fixing it when necessary. there are several checkboxes on one of the forms. When the form is open these check boxes can be checked, but can not be changed after that. There is also another control that updates the check boxes. When this control is changed it will uncheck or check the box as necessary, but as soon as the user rechecks the box, it can not be changed again. Does anyone know what is happening? I want to fix it that a user can check or uncheck the box at any t...

Form modifications not sticking
I was trying to modify the SOP Trx Entry and POP Trx Entry screens to make the customer name and vendor name fields non-editable. In modifier, I set the values for editable to false and when I left the field, it would revert back to true. Is there a way around this? Our users never have the need to change these fields and quite frequently they type over them by mistake. TIA GP7.5 MSSQL eggman, When you say that you change to non-editable using modifier, have you granted permission to the modified form in security? An alternate approach, again using modifier, would be to change the fie...

Problem with saving form as html
I am trying to generate a html directory with clickable email addresses out of my HR database. I created a from with the text field: ="<a href=""mailto:" & [UseEmail] & """>" & [UseEmail] & "</a>" and save this form as a html file. When loading the html it shows: <a href="mailto:aman0038@umn.edu">aman0038@umn.edu</a> instead of a clickable mail address. The generated source code is: <a href="mailto:aman0038@umn.edu">aman0038@umn.edu</a> How can I prevent...

How to transfer data from Excell to a Outlook form
I have a developed a excel worksheet with various data. I am looking how to develop a vba macro that would do the following Open Outlook Open a specific form Copy data from excel in to a specified field in the form Thanks Ok to open outlook is Shell ("OUTLOOK") "murph261" wrote: > I have a developed a excel worksheet with various data. I am looking how to > develop a vba macro that would do the following > > Open Outlook > Open a specific form > Copy data from excel in to a specified field in the form > > Thanks ...

Excel Form and message box
Hi there, I'm running Excel 2000. I am just learning so please excuse my questions if they sound simple. To put this as simply as possible I have a spreadsheet of children's names. I've created a form that is activated by a control button. What I want to do is choose a child's name from the combo box and eventually delete that child from the spreadsheet. I have an "are you sure" type msgbox but cannot get the yes/no side of it functioning correctly. I've worked on this for hours and have just given up. This is my code so far: Private Sub cboRemChild_...