=DATEDIF(start date,end date, unit)

When I use this function, the error #NAME? is returned. Could this because
the function requires an ADD-IN or extra components installed?

DATEDIF is described in my version of HELP but I notice it is not shown in
the list of functions that appears when I select "Paste Function" from the
toolbar and select the category "Date&Time". This is why I think perhaps the
problem is that support is not installed.

I'm using Excel 2000     V9.0.2720

0
postbox (2)
5/12/2004 12:04:04 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Yes,
tools>addins>analysis toolpak

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software
"gvm" <postbox@techmastery.com.au> wrote in message
> When I use this function, the error #NAME? is returned. Could this because
> the function requires an ADD-IN or extra components installed?
>
> DATEDIF is described in my version of HELP but I notice it is not shown in
> the list of functions that appears when I select "Paste Function" from the
> toolbar and select the category "Date&Time". This is why I think perhaps
the
> problem is that support is not installed.
>
> I'm using Excel 2000     V9.0.2720

0
Don
5/12/2004 12:16:32 AM
It's not an add-inn, I suspect the OP didn't enclose the "y", "ym" etc with
quotations

the unit has to have quotations around it

--

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"Don Guillett" <donaldb@281.com> wrote in message
> Yes,
> tools>addins>analysis toolpak
>
> --
> Don Guillett
> SalesAid Software
> donaldb@281.com
> "gvm" <postbox@techmastery.com.au> wrote in message
> > When I use this function, the error #NAME? is returned. Could this
because
> > the function requires an ADD-IN or extra components installed?
> >
> > DATEDIF is described in my version of HELP but I notice it is not shown
in
> > the list of functions that appears when I select "Paste Function" from
the
> > toolbar and select the category "Date&Time". This is why I think perhaps
> the
> > problem is that support is not installed.
> >
> > I'm using Excel 2000     V9.0.2720

0
terre081 (3244)
5/12/2004 12:30:49 AM
gvm

DATEDIF was described only in Excel 2000 but is available in many versions of
Excel, including 2000.

You do not need any add-ins, should work with normal setup.

=DATEDIF(A1,NOW(),"y") & " years, " & DATEDIF(A1,NOW(),"ym") & " months, " &
DATEDIF(A1,NOW(),"md") & " days"

The above formula will return a string like 42 years, 9 months, 26 days

A1 holds the earliest date.

For more on DATEDIF see Chip Pearson's site.

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/datedif.htm

There are some caveats with DATEDIF.

From a posting by John McGimpsey.........................

However, be very careful about days - DATEDIF() assumes that a month is
as long as the number of days in the first date's month, so if

A1 =  31 January 1980

on 1 March 2005, the result will be:

    Age is 25 Years, 1 Months and -2 Days

Some people may not feel -2 days is valid.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Wed, 12 May 2004 10:04:04 +1000, "gvm" <postbox@techmastery.com.au> wrote:

>When I use this function, the error #NAME? is returned. Could this because
>the function requires an ADD-IN or extra components installed?
>
>DATEDIF is described in my version of HELP but I notice it is not shown in
>the list of functions that appears when I select "Paste Function" from the
>toolbar and select the category "Date&Time". This is why I think perhaps the
>problem is that support is not installed.
>
>I'm using Excel 2000     V9.0.2720

0
Gord
5/12/2004 12:45:41 AM
Thanks everyone, that solved it!
> gvm
>
> DATEDIF was described only in Excel 2000 but is available in many versions
of
> Excel, including 2000.
>
> You do not need any add-ins, should work with normal setup.
>

> =DATEDIF(A1,NOW(),"y") & " years, " & DATEDIF(A1,NOW(),"ym") & " months, "
&
> DATEDIF(A1,NOW(),"md") & " days"
>
> The above formula will return a string like 42 years, 9 months, 26 days
>
> A1 holds the earliest date.
>
> For more on DATEDIF see Chip Pearson's site.
>
> http://www.cpearson.com/excel/datedif.htm
>
> There are some caveats with DATEDIF.
>
> From a posting by John McGimpsey.........................
>
> However, be very careful about days - DATEDIF() assumes that a month is
> as long as the number of days in the first date's month, so if
>
> A1 =  31 January 1980
>
> on 1 March 2005, the result will be:
>
>     Age is 25 Years, 1 Months and -2 Days
>
> Some people may not feel -2 days is valid.
>
> Gord Dibben Excel MVP
>

> On Wed, 12 May 2004 10:04:04 +1000, "gvm" <postbox@techmastery.com.au>
wrote:

> >When I use this function, the error #NAME? is returned. Could this
because
> >the function requires an ADD-IN or extra components installed?
> >
> >DATEDIF is described in my version of HELP but I notice it is not shown
in
> >the list of functions that appears when I select "Paste Function" from
the
> >toolbar and select the category "Date&Time". This is why I think perhaps
the
> >problem is that support is not installed.
> >
> >I'm using Excel 2000     V9.0.2720

0
postbox (2)

Money Changes Transaction Dates
Hi all, How can I stop Money2004 from changing my transaction dates that I have already entered into the register? This happens when I accept/match downloaded transactions from my bank. Thanks! Well, I think I just answered my own question. I found a check box to untick under online options to fix this, but I will post back if necessary. "rustyfender04" <rustyfender1@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eY3zaLITHHA.2124@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Hi all, > > How can I stop Money2004 from changing my transaction dates that I have > already entered into t...

adding months to an inputted date
I need a function that will take a date that a user has typed in a different cell and will then add two months to the date. For instance, if I type "2/12/05" in B1, then I want C2 to be: "4/12/05". Thank you for any help that you may be able to give. Logan =DATE(YEAR(B1),MONTH(B1)+2,DAY(B1)) however what do you want the date to be in C2 if B1 is 01/30/05? Regards, Peo Sjoblom "BLW" wrote: > I need a function that will take a date that a user has typed in a different > cell and will then add two months to the date. For instance, if I type >...

Convert date to months
I have a database that has multiple dates in it. What I am trying to do is in one field I have a date and I am want that date to convert to months in another field. Can anyone help me on this. -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-queries/200707/1 are you trying to find months between dates? or convert 4 to April? Look at format function for ways to display months, datediff function for months difference.. "bohon79 via AccessMonster.com" <u35329@uwe> wrote in message news:74ac2f3f40ce9@uwe... >I have a database ...

Calendar/Dates Help
Hi All, I have an excel spreadsheet that lists every date in the year, with a particular code in the next cell. IE: Monday 3/01/2005 11M 22M 32M Tuesday 4/01/2005 11T 22T 32T Wednes 5/01/2005 11W 22W 32W Thursday 6/01/2005 11H 22H 32H Friday 7/01/2005 11F 22F 32F Saturday 8/01/2005 11S 22S 32S Sunday 9/01/2005 11N 22N 32N Monday 10/01/2005 11M 21M 33M Tuesday 11/01/2005 11T 21T 33T Wednes 12/01/2005 11W 21W 33W Thursday 13/01/2005 11H 21H 33H Friday 14/01/2005 11F 21F 33F What I need is to be able to search by the code eg "33T" and have all the dates listed for ...

Date comparison better method
Select col1, col2 from TableName where DateColumn BETWEEN '2010-06-01' and '2010-06-17 23:59:59.997' Select col1, col2 from TableName where WHERE DateColumn >= '2010-06-01' AND DateColumn < '2010-06-17 23:59:59.997' I am seeing in a project both the above methods of data range filering is happening in different SPs. I am trying to understand which is the better method of comparing two date values and why? [Btw i know BETWEEN considers both the upper and lower limit] Regards Pradeep I would say the following is the better approach: ...

Extracting Time from a cell that has both the date and the time
Hi Folks, I could do with some help here please. I am trying to extract the time only from a cell that has both the date and the time. Can anyone suggest a solution? Thanks in advance. :confused: -- Hani Muhtadi ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Hani Muhtadi's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26794 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=466177 If you just wish the time to display, set the cell format to Time. If you wish to use the time portion then =A1-Int(A1) will give you...

Windows and Mac have two distinctly different units for column width.
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I am trying to format columns for some data I am entering in a spreadsheet and when I enter &quot;15.00&quot;, which is the required width for these columns given by my professor, I end up with a column 15 inches wide. What I would prefer is for the options to be like the default options in Windows version of Excel. In Windows version of Excel, when you hover over the lines between the columns it gives you two numbers (e.g. 8.43 (64 pixels)). These are the default numbers for column width in Windows Excel....

Get Start date of Week number and Year
I’d like to build the following expression in my query GetStartWeekNumber(DatePart("ww",[EnteredDate]), Year([EnteredDate])) So if EnteredDate = 11/3/2009 the function would return 11/1/2009 But GetStartWeekNumber does not exist as an Access Built-In Function. Is there another way to do this as an expression in a query? I’m not familiar with creating my own functions. Thanks. That would depend on how you define the start of the week... One option would be to get the day-of-week number of the date (in my system/setup, Monday is day 2), then subtract one less than that...

How do I sort data by date excluding time
I would like to sort a database by date and transaction type. The problem is the data sorts by time, even though the field is formatted to show date only, with the transaction type not sorting within the date because it shows up in the time order. How do I get rid of the time? If date/time column is A then you have to use an empty helper column filled with formula =INT(A2) and sort by it. -- Regards! Stefi „markd” ezt írta: > I would like to sort a database by date and transaction type. The problem is > the data sorts by time, even though the field is for...

One front-end server multiple back-end servers
Hi, I was wondering if someone could help with the following scenerio and make some suggestions as to an answer. We have 3 exchange AG groups. 1 AG group has 3 exchange servers in it, each located in it's own AD domain. 1 AG group has one exchange server in it, it's in its own AD domain. Thirdly, the last AG group has 2 exchange servers in it, both are in the same AD domain. 1 of these 2 exchange servers in the final AG mentioned is a front-end server, that should be supporting all the exchange back-end servers. The problem we are facing is that when a user from any of the ...

Prevent excel from changing numeric data ranges into dates?
I want to prevent excel from changing my numeric data into dates (ie. 10-12, into 12-Oct). I want to import specific data ranges, not a date values. Whenever I paste or type a possible date, like 10-12, excel assumes I am writing Oct. 12, 2004. Then, Excel formats the cell into a Custom d-mmm format (see scrn shot @ www.vd4.org/excel_issue.gif). If I change the Custom format to General, excel converts the date into the DATE'S value (ie. 12-Oct, into 38272; which I think is the # of days since 1900?). How can I *prevent* excel from changing my data ranges into dates (ie keep 10-12 ...

How can I open an attachment with a .pub ending in Office email?
S omeone sent me an attachment in Microsoft Publisher. I have Word and Office 2003. How can I open this document and not have gobble-de-gook? Thanks. Have your sender convert it to a PDF. There are free converters. If that is impossible send it to me and I will convert it for you. mary-sauer at columbus.rr.com -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "mblc" <mblc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FA15FE51-C732-4E94-A054-26A2970D9D93@microsoft.com... >S omeone sent me an attachment in Mi...

Counting dates
I am trying to count the number of dates in a column that appear b month and year. For instance, I some that are 11/23/2003 and 11/24/200 and 11/21/2002. How can I makew a formula that will count the instance of 11/2003 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com =SUMPRODUCT((YEAR(A1:A100)=2004)*(MONTH(A1:A100)=11)) -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "jdavis3874 >" <<jdavis3874.14770b@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:jdavis3874.14770b@excelforum-nos...

Cannot view inbox by date
After a successful test of an Exchange 2003 High Availability product last night a few users have reported issues in Outlook this morning. They cannot view/arrange their Inbox by Date. We have tried /cleanviews switch to no avail. All other views work fine. Any ideas so I can prevent this happening again? Thanks PocketJacks <dallano@hotmail.com> wrote: > After a successful test of an Exchange 2003 High Availability product > last night a few users have reported issues in Outlook this morning. > They cannot view/arrange their Inbox by Date. What happens when they try? -- ...

Recognise a payee with date and time in it
Hi Everyone Each time I withdraw cash from my bank account, it puts it in my statement as: 21Mar 10.13 Well't Sq for example. So each time I withdraw cash, the date and time are going to be different. I want money to recognise on my downloaded statements that any statement line with Well't Sq in it, means a cash withdrawal - i.e. ignore the date and time as obviously that will be different everytime I take cash out. Is there anyway of getting Money to recognise part of the payee rather than thinking all my cash withdrawals are different payees? Thanks! Hannah Quicken doe...

date
Hello When I enter "1-Nov" cell changes to 11-Jan. How do I get the cell to stay as 1-Nov. Thanks suggest format as d-mmm and use 11/1 as your entry or use text to do it your way. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Jack" <dmmclean@rogers.com> wrote in message news:cICdnSnW16n91RPcRVn-jA@rogers.com... > Hello > When I enter "1-Nov" cell changes to 11-Jan. How do I get the cell to stay > as 1-Nov. > > Thanks > > On Sun, 7 Nov 2004 11:07:55 -0500, "Jack" <dmmclean@rogers.com> wrote: >Hello >...

Counting based on Date Range
I have a an Excel spreadsheet that is linked to an Access Databas Table. Each day, the database is updated with new information including the date. I want to set up an automated Excel report tha will count the number of entries for a date range (monthly). In short I want to reference an entire column (the date column), and have th spreadsheet be able to count how many entries occurred in Jan 04, Fe 04, etc... I've played with counta and countif, but have had little success. Thoughts? Thankx, C -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com CT Here's an example using SUMIF,...

Trying to change x-axis date range
I have a scatter chart with dates on the x-axis and data on the y. When trying to change the range of my x-axis, I right click on the x-axis, click "format axis" and for "Minimum" and "Maximum" I click "Fixed" but it will only let me enter dates in the number format (i.e. 39983 instead of 6/19/2009). This is really annoying because I am constantly changing ranges to zoom in on the data and need to think about what the number format would be. I didn't have this problem with the earler version of excel (2003), but it started as soon as my offi...

Information store could not start
I installed a fresh new compy of MS EXCHANGE 2003 on a windows 2003 server and Information could not start automatically on startup nor manually when i try to start it in services. I am pretty much a newbie with exchange and windows 2003, but I am hoping the problem is something I can quickly understand and correct! Any help will be very appreciated. Thanks, Gil Check Application Event Log for errors. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "giloosh" <giloosh99@gmail.com> wrote in message news:113443...

Unalble to start reminder service
I too am having the same problem after reloading my .pst file onto my new computer. I have read all the posts and tried all the switches and I still get the error. Can someone point me to a solution that perhaps worked for the others that had this same error. Thanks Doug We have no clue what you are talking about since you failed to quote the post to which you were referring. Version of Outlook? What reminder service? Tasks? Calendar? Flags? What is the error message you get? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to...

Lock sets of cells in a row and sort by date linked to each set
I have a set of qualifications linked to a name that need to be presented in a row A = Name B = Qual Type 1 C = Expiry Date (eg 29/01/12) D = Qual Type 2 E = Expiry Date (eg 17/12/12) F = Qual Type 3 G = Expiry Date (eg 25/06/11) H = Qual Type 4 (has no expiry date) I want to sort each qualification into 'date expiry' order keeping it connected to the relevant Qual Type. Therefore, I want Qual Type 3 with it's exipiry date to move into Column B & C, Qual Type 1 with it's exipiry date to move into Column D & E and Qual Type 2 with it's exipiry da...

Need help with a date function formula
I have an excel sheet header which includes a date, the date is t represent yesterday's date ( =Today()-1 ), which then would come int the spread sheet as August 8th, 2005, assuming today was August 9th. The problem is on days like Monday when the previous day was sunday how can I make the formula output the Friday before the Monday instea of Sunday ...example on Monday, August 11th, the formula would read August 10th, I need it to read August 8th...? Please help, thank -- KA ----------------------------------------------------------------------- KAA's Profile: http://www.excelforum...

From and to date
In the report wizard it gives the option to group by date but not a start and end date. Is there a way to do this through the wizard or does the report have to be wriiten manually. The field is date time format Thanks for any help Not sure what you mean by "written manually" ... If you base your report on a query, rather than a table, you can use selection criteria in the query to limit records to a date range. Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Access MVP -- Disclaimer: This author may have received products and services mentioned in this post. Mention and/or d...

MFC-app starting WINDOWS Screensaver window z-order problem
Hi! I wrote an MFC-app using VC++.NET 2003, which starts a screensaver using CreateProcess(). It also terminates the screensaver using TerminateProcess() / CloseHandle(). If the user activates mouse/keyboard before my app terminates the screensaver-process, the screensaver terminates itself and the z-order and focus-handling of open windows somehow gets mixed up. this just happens when I use CreateProcess(), when I use PostMessage(WM_SYSCOMMAND, SC_SCREENSAVE, 0) for the standrad-screen-saver, everything works fine, but I dont want to use this approach. maybe the system uses different CreateP...

need to spread shipping costs on PO across unit costs
say i am ordering (2) $50.00 items and (2) $100.00 items on a purchase order. 2 x 50.00 = 100.00 2 x 100.00 = 200.00 total = 300.00 The shipping charge for the order is $15.00. I want to take that shipping charge and add it to the cost of the items by dividing it between them as follows: the two $50.00 items account for 1/3 of the total cost before shipping, so $5.00 of the shipping will get allocated wo the 50.00 items. 100.00 + 5.00 = 105.00 divided by 2 = 52.50. so the new unit cost is $52.50 apply the remaining $10.00 shipping charges to the other item the same way. is there any ...