??? Ctrl Shilft End function is disabled

For some reason, the Ctrl+shift+end function in my excel is no longer
available.  Would appreciate advice how I can reactivate this keyboard
shortcut.
--
Thanks a million for your time and expert advice :-)
Jaylin

CTRL+Shift+End does not work in Shared Workbooks. Perhaps that is the cause?

Jaylin wrote:

> For some reason, the Ctrl+shift+end function in my excel is no longer
> available.  Would appreciate advice how I can reactivate this keyboard
> shortcut.

0
birelan (531)
4/28/2009 3:32:20 PM
Is this done to terminate worksheet re-calculations or to end macros that
are running?

Ctrl+Break is normally used for macros.

Dennis

"Jaylin" <Jaylin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> For some reason, the Ctrl+shift+end function in my excel is no longer
> available.  Would appreciate advice how I can reactivate this keyboard
> shortcut.
> --
> Thanks a million for your time and expert advice :-)
> Jaylin
> *****Jaylin Message ended*******

function keys
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00F7_01CA63A4.2F980A00 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I recently upgraded to windows 7. I don't know if this is the problem or what but suddenly I can't use my function number keys. does anyone have a fix for this problem?? thanks, bonnie ------=_NextPart_000_00F7_01CA63A4.2F980A00 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4....

id() node-set function does not work in .NET 1.1 XML Classes
The id() nodeset XPath function does not appear to work when used with XPathDocument and XslTransformation dot net classes. I am trying to make use of IDREFs in XML that link elements to other elements in the document. The code below demonstrates the problem. I SHOULD be getting a line that says "NODES MATCH". Instead I get a "NO NODES MATCH". All the of the W3C stuff I have found says that this should work. Any ideas? robert sutton ==== HERE IS THE OUTPUT This is element Foo! name is bar ID is idfoo --------------------------- Found reference element, it refers to idfo...

Function f(lb,x,ub); equivalent to min(ub,max(lb,x)); ?
Is there a (mfc) library function like f(lb,x,ub); that will return the value of x if it is in range, else the bound x exceeded? It would be equivalent to min(ub,max(lb,x)); but faster and not a macro? I think I would use it a lot. :) TIA, Harvey On 25 Feb 2007 23:57:20 -0800, "Harvey" <harveyab@juno.com> wrote: >Is there a (mfc) library function like f(lb,x,ub); that will return >the value of x if it is in range, else the bound x exceeded? It would >be equivalent to min(ub,max(lb,x)); but faster and not a macro? I >think I would use it a lot. :) >TIA, >Har...

IsIconic function
Hi all, To check whether the window is minimized or not I used function IsIconic. It is OK for almost applications but it has an problem with Excel. In Excel I create two workbooks, each workbook in a separate window. I call IsIconic function and pass the handle of workbook window which is displaying and active to it, the result which this function return is TRUE. This value is wrong because the window is displaying and is active window. Please tell me how to fix this problem. Thanks. I don't have an answer but I can tell you that some more complex software might be doing thing...

Force disable of power management on network card?
Hello! I have a few XP Pro SP3 computers on an ancient SBS 2000 domain and I am trying to prevent the workstations from EVER going to sleep or turning off the NIC so that they can be accessed remotely at any time. I cannot find a group policy to disable the "Allow the computer to turn off this device..." setting. I have "powercfg /hibernate off" in the login script to prevent hibernation. I also need to stop all NICs from going to sleep. I can uncheck the boxes to not allow them to be put to sleep, but something re-enables that feature within a few minutes...

Missing Graph Functionality
In Office 2003, I used to be able to select the following when formating a data series in a graph: fill effects | shadows This would basically give me shadows on the left/rigt sides, etc. This does not appear to be available in Office 2007. Can I still make this selection? Hi, Are you sure about that selection in 2003. For a column chart the option of a Shadow is available on the Patterns tab. The Fill Effects button displays a dialog with Gradient, Texture, Pattern and Picture. But these are all fill effects and not shadows. Any way in xl2007 you would select the series and then usi...

Ctrl-c fails to work
Unusual issue. I don't know if anyone knows a workaround. When a user opens GP (v7.5 sp4 and 7), ctrl-c and ctrl-v work fine for copying and pasting. Once Transactions>>Financial>>Reconcile is opened, ctrl-c no longer works. You can click edit>>copy, but the keyboard shortcut to copy fails (ctrl-v still works). Closing GP and reopening resolves the issue, until you open that window again. Any thoughts? I have a client that has the same issue that the Ctrl-C will fails to work on the SOP item line. However have not yet been able to determine what conditions cause i...

help with Disabled code please
Hello All ! Was just wondering if someone can help me with a little code. I know bits of what I want to do but getting a bit confused... Basically I have two forms, on one form is a button that opens up the second form using... On_Click DoCmd.OpenForm "Jobs", , , , acFormAdd what I would also like it to do is from that button only that when the second form opens certain buttons and combos are disabled. I want this to only happen from the button and not if the 2nd form is opened on its own without the 1st form. Im guessing that I need to add additional code to the on click part ...

Public folders: query regarding the "synchronize now" function
Exchange 2003 SP2 I have a query regarding the "synchronize now" function for public folders. Say I have a public folder called "Bob" with replicas on 3 servers (ServerA, ServerB, ServerC) If I drill down to Folders/Public Folders Select the "BOB" public folder and select the "Status Tab" on say ServerA, I see all 3 replicas listed as expected: If I right click a replica I can select "synchronize now" what does this do exactly? Does it: 1) Push updates out from the replica where you right click and select "synchronize now" ...

Removing a Front-End Server
I have an Exchange 2003 Back-end server and also an Exchange 2003 Front-end server both running on Windows 2003. I need to get rid of my front end server. Do I just have to uncheck the box on the front end "make this server a front end server" and then remove the server in ESM? Our front end server is only being used for web access which is no longer needed. Hi, you can uninstall this exchange server, before remove it (if necessary) from the ESM. Bye. -- Thierry DEMAN-BARCEL´┐Ż MVP Exchange,SQL/Server FAQ Exchange: http://faqexchange.dyndns.org Site personnel: http://webfami...

Embedded Function for a range of answers
I apologize because I know that someone has probably asked this before but I have tried Ecel help and have searched the forum to no avail. I want to create a formula that will give me a specific answer base upon the results of a calculation in another cell. For instance, an this isn't what I want to do, but it is the easiest way to explain it Say that a cell would have a percentage in it, I want the formula fo the next cell to result in a letter grade based upon the percentage i the aformentioned cell. So, say there is an 89% in cell A1, A2 shoul return a "B", but if there is ...

Lookup/match function
With these functions they find the highest value which is less than or equal to the lookup value. For example A B 1 30 2 60 3 70 4 80 5 100 If I want the lookup the 'A' value of 66 it will return '2'. I want to lookup the highest value ie anything over 60 return value of 3. Anybody have any ideas ? Simon -- spgprivate ------------------------------------------------------------------------ spgprivate's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=35862 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.ph...

Incrementing/decrementing column characters using only worksheet functions?
How can I increment and decrement column characters/letters using worksheet functions? I have a list of 5 characters corresponding to columns. The first character might be A, for column 1. How can I get the second character in the list to automatically configure itself to be B, the third C, the fourth D and the fifth E? That is, I want to set this up so that the second character is linked to the first, the third to the second and so on. That way if I change the first character from A to D then the second character in the list will automatically become E, the third will change to F, the f...

"Save As" function issues
Every time I try to use the "Save As" function in Microsoft Word, my PC tries to open a completely unrelated program (AutoManager WorkFlow 6.1 - by Cyco software). I am running Microsoft Office Word 2007 (12.0.6504.5000) SP2 MSO (12.0.6514.5000) on Windows Vista Enterprise (Service Pack 2). Is this most likely an issue with the settings in Microsoft Word, or in the AutoManager Workflow program? Are you accessing Save As with a keyboard shortcut (presumably one you assigned to it)? If so, it may be being overridden by a different assignment to that combination in Windo...

No data event function
Hello. I have many reports and am trying to use a function to display a message when there is no data in the report: "Report has no data." The function seems to work in that if there is data, a report runs with the data. However, if there is no data, the report does not run but "Report has no data" does not appear to the user. I'd appreciate suggestions. Public gfReportHasNoData As Boolean Public Function PrintPreviewReport(pstrReport As String, pfPreview As Boolean, pstrWhere As String) As String 'Comments: Print or preview a report and handle errors 'ps...

Disable Tagging in Microsoft Office Communicator
I am an individual user on a network that uses Office Communicator. I would like to be able to use Communicator, but disable the ability for other users to tag me to alert them to my status changes. Is there a way to do this? I have searched a while and not found any way for users to do this. Sorry, but this newsgroup is for questions about Access, the database product that's part of Office Professional. You'd be best off reposting your question to a newsgroup related to Office Communicator. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://www.AccessMVP.com/DJSteele (n...

Sum If Function
In one column I have different qualifiers. In another column I have data. I want to create a formula that will sum all of the date in the second column that is in the same row as the qualifier in the first column. For example, if the entry in the first column=A, then I want it to include the number in the second column in the Sum. -- bhigdon ------------------------------------------------------------------------ bhigdon's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=23686 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=388383 "...

Function help #3
dear freinds: I have some problems with this data, how can I get the results thats shows in results column; YEARS DATA RESULTS 1995 100 0 1996 90 0 1997 120 2 1998 100 1 1999 150 4 2000 70 0 2001 80 1 2002 30 0 2003 150 7 2004 140 7 for example second 150 there are 7 number smallest it thank you On 18 Dec 2004 12:32:41 -0800, adahamsheh@yahoo.com (Ahmad) wrote: >dear freinds: >I have some problems with this data, how can I get the results thats >shows in results column; > > >YEARS DATA RESULTS >1995 100 0 >1996 90 0 >1997 120 2 >1998 100 1 >1999 150 4 >...

Disable resize Waterfall chart
Hi folks, I have a Waterfall Chart in my spreadsheet. I need to disable the resize function of the chart. Does anyone can show me the code (way) to disable resize the chart? Thanks in advance. Tim. Which "resize" function would this be? - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ Tim wrote: > Hi folks, > > I have a Waterfall Chart in my spreadsheet. I need to disable the resize > function of the chart. Does anyone can show me the code (way) to disable > resize t...

Copying Back end to web-based server
Hello, I have a split front end and back end database. I'm trying to put it on a server that is webbased so that when I try to copy, it says it doesn't accept locked files. Is that mean it's making it a read-only copy? When I try to copy a simple MSAccess databse, I get the same error, but when I copy a MS Word document, I have no problem. Has someone had this problem before and what did you do? Varvara ...

Hit CTRL-P and Outlook marks message as unread
Hello, Currently I am experiencing a problem with Outlook, that I beleive I did not have in the past. I have my messages in my Inbox all marked as unread. I have my preview pane set to my right hand side. When I highlight a message to see it in the Preview pane and then move on to the next message the original message stays as unread. This is okay. The issue lies when I highlight the message and then try to print the message by hitting Ctrl-P. As soon as the printin process has completed the messages becomes unread. I need the message to stay unread even though I hit Ctrl...

TABLE Function/Array HELP!!!
{=TABLE(,B13)} Can anyone tell me what this array function is doing and how it works? Any help is greatly appreciated! It is not an array function. The cell is part of a Data Table. You create Data Tables (in Excel 2003 and before) in the Data>Table menu command. In Excel 2007 it is in the Data tab, Data Tools block, What-if analysis drop down. Data tables should not be confused with Tables in Excel 2007. -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "chris" <csnishimoto@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:0ba2e359-df45-4c9d-9216-2aa091f83ef7@u12g2000prd.googlegroup...

Disabling Cell References
Lets say cell B1 is =SUM($A$1:$A$2) if I drag cell A1 somewhere else the formula doesn't change. However if the formula in B1 is =VLOOKUP($A$1,D1:E2,2,0), Excel will replace A1 in the formula with whatever I dragged that cell to. Is it possible to stop this? Chris Cameron Camerons@epud.net =vlookup(indirect("a1"),d1:e2,2,0) should always point at A1--no matter what happens! camerons wrote: > > Lets say cell B1 is =SUM($A$1:$A$2) if I drag cell A1 somewhere else the > formula doesn't change. However if the formula in B1 is > =VLOOKUP($A$1,D1:E2,2,0), Exce...

Disable the Start button
Hello there, Is it possible to create a Dialog screen that is displayed on top of the start button ? Greetings, Pascal. "Pascal" <pascal.kock@freeler.nl> wrote in message news:61a3ed11.0412210008.1744d4d4@posting.google.com... > Hello there, > > Is it possible to create a Dialog screen that is displayed on top of > the start button ? > > Greetings, > > Pascal. Yes But why do you want to do it? It sounds to me that you are ether up to mischief or you are trying to tackle a problem from the wrong angle. GS It depends on which OS you are targetin...

GROWTH function falls over..
Hi All I am using the GROWTH function to calculate the y-axis intercept (i.e. value of y at x = 0) for an exponential function where I have four (x,y) values. This works fine, but if the user goes back and deletes one of the input data points (say if they decide it is a rogue point ...or just do it out of mischief!) the function fails (returns #VALUE). I have a trendline based on the extrapolated line which then also falls over. I get the same result if I calculate the slope and intercept using LOGEST and then use the formula to calculate y at x=0. Any way around this? I would like to instru...