Y Axis labels: How to make them different to figures used to plot.

I am plotting a chart of student progress cores. These take the form 4c, 4b,
4a, 5c, 5b, 5a.

To do calculations on them and plot them I have converted them into numbers
in a Lookup: 1, 2 ,3 ,4 ,5 ,6 etc

Works fine. Chart (which plots student performance against target) looks
great. But to make sense to teachers and students the axis must revert to 4c,
4b, 4a - not 1, 2, 3 ,4.

The only solution I have found is to remove Y axis labels and place over
that area a text box with the correct labels. But it keeps shifting on
different views and different printers.

is there any way to get Excel to put 4c where it plots 1, 4b where it plots
2 etc?

(These grades are standard in UK school system, ages 11 to 16.)

Yours

Henry

Excel 2007 PivotTable, PivotChart
Convert Y axis numbers to text.
Roll your own font.
http://c0444202.cdn.cloudfiles.rackspacecloud.com/01_16_10.xlsm

0
Herbert

Using scanner in Word97

Using later version of microsoft access

making filtering rules?
hi, i am trying to create a rule that goes something like if (site1.com OR site2.org OR site3.gov) AND (agri OR agriculture OR agribusiness) then move to folder X that is, if it is from any of those sites AND has any of those keywords then move it. The problem is i can't seem to figure out the specifying the AND part. Any help/ideas would be greatly appreciated! Cheers -Gaiko ...

Using Company Wide Mail Templates.

Dynamic Range Selection Using VBA

XY Scatter Map with Test Labels
Sorry if this is a repeated request, but I'm trying to show the distribution of 16 points (labelled A through P) using X-Y coordinates. When I turn on labels, I can show either the X-positions (label) or Y-positions (value), but I really want to show the text name "A" through "P". Can this be automated in Excel? Thanks for any advice. Hi Mike, The easiest thing to do is use a free addin utility to allow you to link data labels to cells. Try Rob Bovey's XY Chart Labeler add-in http://www.appspro.com/Utilities/ChartLabeler.htm Cheers Andy Mike K. wrote...

Using Publisher 200 with Publisher 2003

How to use different return email addresses
I use outlook 98. I have a mailbox with three aliases. People sending me emails can use any of the three email aliases and the email will arrive in the same mailbox. Accessing the mailbox once will retrieve all messages regardless of which alias was used. If I reply to these emails though, I want the recipient to think that the email has come from the alias that they originally used. What outlook always seems to do is use the email address of the service that is listed first in Tools->Services->Delivery. Is there any way Outlook can be set up so when I reply to a given email, my email ...

plotting time
What is the best way to plot time series data? For instance, I have plotted columns of data against time using "X-Y (Scatter)" chart instead of "line" chart. Is one preferred over the other? Also, when adding additional data to the chart, I can use "Chart->Add Data", or I can simply copy a column and use "Paste Special" to paste it into the chart. Is there no difference between the methods? In general I prefer XY charts, although a Line chart provides a nice axis, if you want a tick on the first of each month, say, and the months to be sp...

y axis errors
I am using Excel 2000. Text in the y-axis label for a chart is cut off at the end (right-hand extent when viewed horizontally, upper extent when viewed vertically). Additionally, spacing is erroneous when a superscript (e.g. m2 for square metres) is included. This problem was not experienced with earlier versions of Excel. Any suggestions or solutions? Many thanks Pier ...

Difference between Publish and Save As Web Page in Excel 2002
I am trying to find aout the differences between using the Publish button in Save as Web Page and using Save in there. I have seen that when I use Save, it saves the Named ranges as bookmarks where Publish saves them as cell references. Can you tell me why and if there are any other differences I may need to know Hi, when you publish, the result can be viewed as an excel web page, whereas if you "save as web page", it just makes an xml sheet. Save As only allows one sheet in the workbook whereas publish allows more. - mark >-----Original Message----- >I am trying t...

Save as CSV isn't saving comma delimited, but is using semi-colon.
Save as CSV isn't saving comma delimited, but is using semi-colon... How do I get it to save using commas only (,)? (I'm using semicolons for other delimitations and so can't just do a global replace.) Thanks so much for your help! Hi Excel uses your Windows regional settings for saving CSV files. Also ho should an importing program of this CSV file know whether it is the list separator or one of your other separators? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany CCinItly wrote: > Save as CSV isn't saving comma delimited, but is using semi-colon... > How do I get it ...

easy to use templates
Hi We have outlook templates that people fill in each morning and send to a distribution list. But they are not that easy to fill out as you have to place the curser in the proper spot to type then do that throughout the entire document. It is easy to overlook items. Is there a way to set up a template that you can just hit tab or enter and it automatically goes to the next area that you need to type information? -- Thank-you! Ruth What exactly are you using now? In other words, what do you mean by "templates"? Also, do you meet the prerequisites for using...

Using ACT! with Outlook
I want to use ACT! with Outlook 2002 to track my emails. The Outlook Help contents say to go to Tools, Options, and there will be a tab for ACT! to click to attach emails to contacts. The ACT! tab does not show up. Is there a way to get the ACT! tab to show? Thanks for any help! Check Help > About Microsoft Outlook > Disabled items. If the add-in for ACT is listed there, re-enable it. -- TechieBird http://bwain-dump.blogspot.com "Jon K" wrote: > I want to use ACT! with Outlook 2002 to track my emails. The Outlook Help > contents say to go to Tools, Optio...

use pst file
I have a backup pst file that I can not get into Outlook 2007. Message says This Personal Folders File is already in use with this profile. The pst file is goog as of a cuple days ago. How do I get it into Outlook 2007? How are you trying to "get it into" Outlook? File > Open > PST usually works. "topcat" <topcat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0D1CD035-564D-49C0-921D-E9223BE582A6@microsoft.com... > I have a backup pst file that I can not get into Outlook 2007. Message says > This Personal Folders File is already in use...

All controls on my form have become invisible. How to make visible
Some how with out me knowing I have made all controls on my form invisible when I view the form. In design view they are visible so I know I didn't delete them all. Is there a property besides form visibility or detail visibility that controls this? How Do I make them come back. OSeanS wrote: > Some how with out me knowing I have made all controls on my form > invisible when I view the form. In design view they are visible so I > know I didn't delete them all. Is there a property besides form > visibility or detail visibility that controls this? How Do I make > them...

SETTING AXIS TITLE
All, we have a chart that we want to change the Category Axis Title (the title that exists below the X axis). we have looked at all the properties around activechart with little sucess. grateful for any assistance here. matt A "matt a" <matta@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2E400B58-D209-4D0B-A49D-DB496D7124A2@microsoft.com... > All, > > we have a chart that we want to change the Category Axis Title (the title > that exists below the X axis). > > we have looked at all the properties around activechart with little sucess. > > gratef...

how to use this to query my table?
I have a table with 30,000 records. I'd like to use this http://www.regular-expressions.info/email.html to query my email fields (show invalid emails). I'd like to use the first expression listed on that site. How do I proceed? On Sun, 16 May 2010 18:52:30 -0700 (PDT), Song <song.usa@gmail.com> wrote: Write a public function in a standard module: Public Function TestEmail(myEmailField as string) as Boolean Dim pattern As String pattern = "\b[A-Z0-9._%+-]+@[A-Z0-9.-]+\.[A-Z]{2,4}\b" Dim r As RegExp 'Requires a reference to Microsoft VBScr...

How to make Three Bars and one line with a second axis in EXCEL
I want to make a Chart in EXCEL such that I canhave three or more BARS and one Line..The line I want in a second axis. Let's say you have three series that you want for bars and one that you want plotted as a line. Create a bar chart using all 4 series. Select the series that you want to change to a line and right click on the series. You can change the chart type for the series at this point. I believe it will put it on a secondary axis automatically. "JAS123" wrote: > I want to make a Chart in EXCEL such that I canhave three or more BARS and > one Line..T...