Where is the "File" menu?

Hello,

I am using Excel for Office 2007 and I am trying to include some rows in a
header so I see these rows at the top of every page.

So I google for instructions, and got many hits.

One of the hits instruct me to go to the file menu and then the page setup
menu. Like this:

File>Page setup

But I don't even see the File menu.

How can I get the File menu to be visble?

--
Best regards
Roberto

You are looking at instructions for an older version of Excel than you have.
Microsoft got rid of the menu bar in Excel 2007 and replaced it with the
Ribbon... you will have to find what you want there. From your brief
description, I *think* you may want the "Print Titles" item located on the
"Page Layout" tab.

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"Robby" <Robby@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I am using Excel for Office 2007 and I am trying to include some rows in a
> header so I see these rows at the top of every page.
>
> So I google for instructions, and got many hits.
>
> One of the hits instruct me to go to the file menu and then the page setup
> menu. Like this:
>
> File>Page setup
>
> But I don't even see the File menu.
>
> How can I get the File menu to be visble?
>
> --
> Best regards
> Roberto

0
Rick
11/23/2009 2:29:07 AM
Some hints on 2003 to 2007 command mapping:
  a.. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel/HA101491511033.aspx
  b.. http://www.rondebruin.nl/0307commands.htm
  c..
http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=9028218

--
David Biddulph

"Robby" <Robby@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I am using Excel for Office 2007 and I am trying to include some rows in a
> header so I see these rows at the top of every page.
>
> So I google for instructions, and got many hits.
>
> One of the hits instruct me to go to the file menu and then the page setup
> menu. Like this:
>
> File>Page setup
>
> But I don't even see the File menu.
>
> How can I get the File menu to be visble?
>
> --
> Best regards
> Roberto

0
David
11/23/2009 5:18:50 AM
Is this for printing the rows on each printed page or for just freezing the
rows at the top of the worksheet so's you can scroll down and see them?

Tp print the rows go to Page Layout>Print Titles.

If for freezing while scrolling select A3 and View>Freeze Panes

Rows 1 and 2 will remain frozen as you scroll.

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Sun, 22 Nov 2009 18:23:02 -0800, Robby <Robby@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I am using Excel for Office 2007 and I am trying to include some rows in a
>header so I see these rows at the top of every page.
>
>So I google for instructions, and got many hits.
>
>One of the hits instruct me to go to the file menu and then the page setup
>menu. Like this:
>
>File>Page setup
>
>But I don't even see the File menu.
>
>How can I get the File menu to be visble?

0
Gord

Import a pst file into out 2003
Major prob... I put all my files 1999 to 2003 into a pst folder. copyed to a cd. I cannot retrieve them now i have tried all... It says that it is not a pst file, (impossible)... i did copy into my current pc. PLEASE HELP i am desperate... 4 yrs work.. Just created a new pst.. and renemed the old one (650MB) with the new name... this was the error message when i tried to access.. "The set of folders could not be open. the server is not available..." let me add that I am accessing a pst created in a non existing domain Copy all .pst files from the CD to your hard drive and th...

How can I stop saved files from disappearing with nonuse?
File names turn blue after some period of time and then disappear entirely! How do I change this setting so I don't lose saved files? I have plenty of disk space. Files don't disappear. File names in Windows Explorer means it's a compressed file. Where are you looking that you think this is happening? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "JanB" <JanB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F3EAE06A-CAE6-43E2-9B52-137123BF42F6@microsoft.com... > File names ...

Serialize CollectionBase derived List to XML file
Hi, I have a list which is derived from CollectionBase, and it contains a list of User objects, which I want to Serialize out to an XML file. Is there anywhere where I can find how to decode it so that it recognizes what objects are held in my list? or an example in C# prefereably? Many thanks in advance... Colin Colin, You can use the XmlSerializer class. Take note of this (from the help file): "The XmlSerializer gives special treatment to classes that implement IEnumerable or ICollection. A class that implements IEnumerable must implement a public Add method that takes a singl...

Excel unable to read file
Greetings, I wanted to find out what could be causing my current problem. I have installed the latest Office updates last Friday to a Windows XP SP1 and Office XP PC and now neither Excel nor Word will open a file. The message received is "Unable to read file" in Excel. Word does the same thing but also tells me that the Normal.dot already exists and would I like to save anyway. Anyone have any similar problems after downloading and installing the latest office updates? Oh and if you know how I can get Office to work again without uninstall/reinstall of the software I would gre...

Active content in saved HTML files built in Publisher
This is an odd question. We have a government client that of course is watched over and controlled by the network police and won't allow active content (ActiveX) to run on any machine. We have a navigation-able project built in publisher and saved as HTML. It's four simple pages with just some simple "click here for next page" hyperlinks, and some hyperlinks to some pdfs. Stupidly simple. However our client can view the project because they receive the "No Active Content" error and the whole project is unusable. Is there a way to build a navigation-able pro...

How to get data out of Access MDE files?
Dear Experts, I have an application that I've used for years that runs on Access under the covers. Help shows a reference to: Access 2002 Desktop Developer's Handbook It was a self contained application. All I have are the two MDE files. And they are full of data now. The app requires a login. I want to export this data into another database. How can I get the table structures and the data out of the MDE files? A new version of Access? Sql Server? ..NET? A data conversion tool? Oracle says that if they have the XML file with the table structures, ...

Execute .bat file in the same process
Platform: VC7, Windows 2000 Hi, Is it possible to execute .bat file in the same process. My requirement is that I want to set environment variable value in my process using .bat file. If not, what is alternate way. Regards Vijay You can use the SetEnvironmentVariable API call. -- Regards, Nish [VC++ MVP] http://www.voidnish.com http://blog.voidnish.com "vijay" <vijaysingh@abosoftware.com> wrote in message news:uogHjM3hFHA.2904@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Platform: VC7, Windows 2000 > > > > Hi, > > > > Is it possible to execute .bat fi...

Import a SC2 file to outlook
Hi All, I need a script to import a .sc2 (Schedule Plus Interchange) file to outlook which would populate the user's calendar information. I appreciate any sample. Regards, Yaman ...

When sending excel file to mail recipient as an attachment, the in
When sending an excel file to a Mail recipient as an attachment, the internet connection wizard comes up wanting to set up email account. The user has Outlook already set up for her. What causes this and how can I make it send through her outlook mail? Thanks Hi Check out if Outlook is your mail program for Office Start>Settings>Control Panel....Internet options (Program Tab) Close Excel first before you make a change. -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "ibeaprogrammer" <ibeaprogrammer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8DC503CA-7...

Strip Flat File Table into less entries
I have a table I found that is essentially a 'hierarchical' table but laid out in such a way I can't really use it w/o further processing. Essentially it is currently something like this Type | Type Code | Subtype | SubType Code | SubSubType | SubSubType Code I really just want to end up with Type | Type Code | Parent Code So I might have Fruit | 100000 | Citrus | 100100 | Orange | 1001001 Fruit | 100000 | Citrus | 100100 | Lemon | 1001002 Fruit | 100000 | Melon | 100200 | Cantelope | 100201 Fruit | 100000 | Melon | 100200 | Honeydew | 100202 Meat ...

Problem opening CSV file....
When I open a CSV file in excel 2000 it is not displaying properly. The data shows up, but is not separated into different columns where the "," is like so : test,test,test,test However when I open the same file in excel 2007 is displays perfectly : test test test test Is there something I need to do to get the data to show correctly in 2000? I don't have 2000 but try changing the file extension to .txt -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Mangler" <dwaldman20@gmail.com> wrote in message news:e5c51a43-c5...

Merging accts from different .mny files
Is there any way to merge accounts from two different .mny files? I've tried to search the help but don't find anything about this. Use QIF export and import. Make sure that account names aren't duplicated. Also if more than one account to be brought across, then import all QIF files together - use CTRL + click when asked which file to import. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. For wishes or suggestions see http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp or for UK wishes e...

Large file size in Excel
I've got a worksheet that is blank, and the Ctrl-End key combination jumps to cell A1. I originally pasted 5 colums by 138 rows of data into this spreadsheet, then erased the columns completely by using 'Ctrl+-'. I've also selected the entire sheet and used Edit->Clear All. All this to no avail. I have an empty spreadsheet that takes up 900 KB, but zips to 30 KB Any suggestions on how to reduce the file size is welcome. "Jon" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:69DAD6D5-9876-43C9-B11B-7AC6C19F9CFA@microsoft.com... > I've g...

CSV File
All, I have a csv file that contains 396,038 entries. Does any one have any methods of breaking the file up? I would like to break it up into 65,000 increments so that I can manipulate the data within Excel. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Mike Michael The only option I could think of is to chuck it into Access and then copy it out in chunks of 65,000. Andy "Michael Nesi" <mnesi@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:#3UPYyKmDHA.2272@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > All, > > I have a csv file that contains 396,038 entries. Does any one have any > methods of br...

Log Files in Exchange 2003
My question is that i have a user who's password was changed somehow and no one from my staff did it. Is there a way that i can track who changed teh password, or see when a person logged on to that mailbox and what ip address they were comming from. Any help is appriciated. Deon Norals Systems Engineer This would not be in the Exchange logs its a Windows issue, if you have auditing enabled on Windows you could look in the Security log in Event Viewer. -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetrainer.com http://www.msexchange.org "Deon Norals" <deon@baloghbeck...

Re: Import .qif file into Excel
"Easydoesit" <davehumphrey2@home.com> wrote in message news:... > How do I do that? I can only get it to open in a flat file, one cell per > row. Obviously not working. > > > try insert>picture>from file -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Easydoesit" <davehumphrey2@home.com> wrote in message news:eqGvhvSiEHA.2908@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > > "Easydoesit" <davehumphrey2@home.com> wrote in message news:... > > How do I do that? I can only get it to open in a flat file, one cell per > >...

Component Write Exception importing package files
Hello, I am trying to import a package file that contains a modified form with VBA. When I import the package file I get a "component write exception" error, but then the form appears in Customization Maintenance as a modified form with VBA. When I open the window in Dynamics I can see that the form is modified and the VBA dot is on the right side of the form, but the VBA does not appear to run. When I export this form to a new package file, and then open the package file in notepad I can see that the actual VBA code on the form is missing, but the VBA in modules is there....

using my Money 2005 file on two different computers
I use MS Money 2005 for my personal financle data. My Money file lives on my computer. I want to have my bookkeeper enter data into this file. I want to be able to have her work on the data from her computer which is networked to my computer. We have tried opening the file from her computer over the network with no sucess. We can see the file but the password does not work. We have tried burning the file to a CD but when we try to open the file from her computer we can get the password to work. The same thing that happens when we try to restore a backup on her computer. We tried usi...

Archiving files in Money 2002 Deluxe & Business
Has anyone been successful in archiving their money files as outlined in Microsoft Money 2003 for Dummies? If so, please tell me what I must be doing wrong or point me to your reference source. Thank-you. Many, many users have never archived and have no intent to start now. Others swear by it. I'm in the former camp. "Ron" <cmcelva@d20.co.edu> wrote in message news:047701c36526$58054990$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Has anyone been successful in archiving their money files > as outlined in Microsoft Money 2003 for Dummies? If so, > please tell me what I must be doi...

Does anyone have ready tool to write files to ATAPI CDROM through writer???
Hye, Does anybody of you have any program or tool ready that can be used from inside my program that writes files to the CDROM (ATAPI interface) through writer??? Or is there any API or interface available that can be used to write the files to the CDROM... Any help will be highly appreciated... -- Jigar Mehta jbmehtain@yahoo.co.in You have to use the ICDBurn interface for doing this. If you are using Windows XP, you can always use the IMAPI( Image mastering API ). This API is designed to allow an application to stage and burn a simple audio or data image to CD-RW devices. T...

pst files in recycle bin?
I have gigantic pst files: A personal one which must be about 308 MB, and an archive one of about 296 in localsett\appdata\ms\outlook which themselves look suspiciously small. There is also an archive2.pst there which is 270 mb. It dates from May 20th.When I do a search of my hdd, I find these files, as well as Outlook. and archive.pst files at 3-700mb, dated May 20th 2006 which don't seem to delete from the recycle bin? Or are the ones in the recycle bin probably uncompacted with lots of free space in them and I shouldn't really worry about them?. There is also an up to date...

delete files
I have Outlook 2000. When I delete my deleted emails, where do they go?? Can I totally delete them off my computer through the file manager? Anyone know how? Thanks. Once you delete them they end up in the Deleted Items folder in Outlook. Once you clear them from the Deleted folder, they are gone. >-----Original Message----- >I have Outlook 2000. When I delete my deleted emails, >where do they go?? Can I totally delete them off my >computer through the file manager? Anyone know how? >Thanks. >. > gone unless you have a setting on your account on th...

Creating a list using the file names
I want to use listed information within the file information found in MS Windows Media Player to create a list that I can manage song selection from. Does anyone have an idea how I can create a list without having to physically type in the information of every song? Songs can be many things. If mp3 http://spreadsheetpage.com/index.php/file/mp3_file_lister/ HTH. Best wishes Harald "Garry" <Garry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AC8BD55A-2E16-43DB-B9F7-8605FCB6F993@microsoft.com... >I want to use listed information within the file information...

Recipients seeing different files
Hi Two recipients are being send the same email with an attachement. one says .pdf (compressed), and this opens up the file straight away. The other recipient gets a zip file and has to open the zip, then the file They are both on outlook 2002, Any ideas what could be causing the change? Any help would be great Are the two recipients on the same receiving mail server? If not, I would think that there is a server side solution installed that zips attachments as they are received/sent. /neo ps - there are programs that integrate with outlook 2000-2003 that does the same thing. Quic...

Opening Outlook Data Files. (PST)
I used to work for a company that had n Linux Mail Server with Internet Mail set up on my Outlook 2002. I moved to a company that run Exchange for mail also with Outlook 2002 installed om my PC. When I try to open the PST File I saved from my last company, it gives me an error message: Files access is denied. You do not have the permission required to access the file c:\..... It gives the same message when I try and import the file. Is this because the PST file is from Linux or what could the problem be. In article <8cda01c34580$7209c840$a401280a@phx.gbl>, eugenem@frenchconnect...