what does the size 1/72 means

trying to  find out  if appies  font or  point

You can specify a row height of 0 (zero) to 409. This value represents the
height measurement in points (1 point equals approximately 1/72 inch or 0.035
cm). The default row height is 12.75 points (approximately 1/6 inch or 0.4
cm). If a row has a height of 0 (zero), the row is hidden.

"Vin_microsoft" wrote:

> trying to  find out  if appies  font or  point
1/72 of an inch is one point. Font sizes are measured in points.

--
Cheers
macropod

"Vin_microsoft" <Vin_microsoft@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> trying to  find out  if appies  font or  point

0
macropod

Changing paper size without altering layout
I have made a booklet which is printed on A4 so that when folded in half (landscape) it produces four pages of text. We have some people with sight problems and I would like to produce the same document as 4 separate A4 sheets so the type is twice as big. Is there any quick way I can do this without making a new document and cutting and pasting the grouped text? Thanks, Noel You can re-setup your publication to A4. Some printers have a zoom utility. Or you can convert the document to PDF, there are options in some converters to enlarge the print. Otherwise, once you change the ...

XML Deserialization, C#, .NET 1.1

Inserting row takes 1
I'm working with an Excel 2003 workbook with six worksheets (that I've opened in Excel 2007), one per year. There are only 14 columns with a very simple SUM formula in column 14. This is a spreadsheet that keeps track of auction sales by week with a grand total at the bottom of each yearly worksheet. Pretty simple. Since I've opened this workbook in Excel 2007, it is taking from 1 to 3 minutes to insert a blank row in the middle of other blank rows. This would be instantaneous with the same workbook in Excel 2003. I'm not a programmer, just a user and this is ver...

Cannot digitally sign after Office 2003 Service Pack 1
After I installed the Office 2003 Service Pack 1, each time I want to send a digitally signed message from Outlook, the following error message appears: "An error occurred in the underlying security system", and I cannot send the message. Will appreciate any ideas as to why this happens. Have you tried removing/reinstalling the certificate? /neo ps - you can't salvage the existing certificate in the store since it sounds like it is corrupt. you need to reinstall the certificate from the original crt/pfx package you received. "Jerry" <duncan_jeremy@hotmail....

change page size
Is there an easy way to change the page size in a Publisher document (for website). I have attempted adjusting the Page Setup, but this doesn't seem to work. If you have Pub 2003 then go to Edit > Page setup and click the Custom option. You can type in any width you want, but I generally would leave the length at the default length. When you Publish to the Web and produce your web pages, Publisher will automatically truncate the page length after the last design element on the page. This allows you to have custom length pages based on the content of the page. If you have other ...

2007 Publisher print size question
I use an HP5000 ps wide format printer to print to vinyl to make signs with. How can I get publisher to let me print a sign that is 48 in. tall Up to 12 - 15 ft. long? It seems there is no choice in the page set up area or print set up. Please help! -- MS Take a look at this article, it is for 2002 but it is for a large format HP printer. It might be helpful PUB2002: Large Banners and Posters Printed in Separate Sections http://support.microsoft.com/kb/288201/en-us -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Auctioneerhere" <Auctioneerhere@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote...

Converting WordPerfect 5.1 file to Word
Can this be done. If so, how. I would really like to preserve and use my extensive WordPerfect documents in Word. Thanks. try the word newsgroup... >-----Original Message----- >Can this be done. If so, how. I would really like to >preserve and use my extensive WordPerfect documents in >Word. Thanks. >. > ...

reduce the size of the file
I delete some data on the file,and how do I reduce the size of the file? For example:The file size is 500K bytes.I want to delete 100K bytes on the end of the file,and change the size file 400K. I don't want to create a new file as a temporary file to swap.How do I do? Thanks. ___________________________________ http://www.msale.net/bbs a Chinese-language message board for developers,including palm,ppc,symbian,and etc. http://www.zirong.net/blog/ Miken's private life "Miken" <mikenwonder@msn.com> wrote in message news:OPRuIk7AFHA.2804@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... &...

Window will not resize to medium size
My Windows mail will not resize to medium size. It is either maximized or a tiny bar. Any ideas? Corinne wrote: > My Windows mail will not resize to medium size. It is either > maximized or a tiny bar. Any ideas? ============================================== Try dragging the corner of the window to the size you want and close it. It should be the same the next time you open it. -- J. Inzer MS-MVP Digital Media Experience Notice This is not tech support I am a volunteer Solutions that work for me may not work for you Proceed at you...

What is the best way to paste if you want the smallest file size?
I am using Visio 2003. I have a large amount of pictures and information to paste and I am wondering how get the smallest file size. i.e. Would it be best to paste as a Device Independent Bitmap, as a picture, or as a Microsoft Visio drawing? Or is there a way to compress the file?? On Tue, 2 Dec 2008 07:11:01 -0800, davisvl <davisvl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am using Visio 2003. I have a large amount of pictures and information to >paste and I am wondering how get the smallest file size. i.e. Would it be >best to paste as a Device Independent Bitmap, as a pic...

Scatter charts -- can I lock in a 1:1 aspect ratio for axes?
Hi all... I most often create scatter charts, but really want to lock the aspect ratio between the x and y axes. Haven't been able to find a setting for this. I suppose I could write a VBA routine, but thought I should ask first. Regards, mvsmith You might have some luck with this: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/SquareGrid.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ MVSmith wrote: > Hi all... > > I most often create scatter charts, but really want to lock the aspe...

Publisher #72
first time newletter creation. When I want to print it asks me to link the picture. I did not pull any clipart from the web -I thought it was all in the software. I added one picture that was sent to me. What pictures would it refer to and how to do it.M Have you saved the newsletter? Did you insert the picture or paste? What are your security settings in Publisher? It should be set at medium for Publisher 2003. 2007 it is Disable all macros with notification. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "question mark...

File size issue in Publisher 2000
Hi All, We are working with a simple 40 page booklet that has a simple 40k JPG and a paragraph of text on 36 of the pages. The file size of the document is already over 21mb. I have looked at the graphics to see if anything was too large and everything is fairly small (and low res). We are having problems working with the document and it seems to crash often while saving. Can anyone explain the size issue? Is there a way to get the size back down to something manageable? Thanks, George George, Here are a couple articles that might help: PUB2000: File Size Increases Unexpectedly Wh...

Adding Size Field In Outlook 2000
Hello, In my Domain, I want to add to All my users the Size Field to their Outlook 2000, How can I do this..??? I realize that this on the level of user outlook Profile, And not in the level of the Exchange Sever. Orly Send these instructions to the users: Right click in the column heading areas, and select Field Chooser. Switch the drop-down to the All Mail Fields and then scroll down to the "size" entry. Drag it from the field chooser window to the toolbar and drop it where the individual user wants it to display. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies ...

Change 3rd cell colour based on cell 1 >= cell2 in range
Hi all - I have looked through the group for a solution to this particular problem but i think my inexperience is possibly stopping me from seeing the solution .. so apologies if it has already been answered many times previously. My problem is this : I have two columns Col1 = Cumulative Sales and Col2 = Cumulative Target and a range of 1 - 31(signifies the days of the month). I have applied conditional formatting to all the cells in Col1 so that as a value is entered into a cell in Col1 the cell turns green if the value is >= to the corresponding cell in Col2, and red if < than the c...

http/1.0 500 internal server error
hi , i have an error in using OWA when i click on attachment button it gives me an error " http/1.0 500 internal server error" i have tried many things to get rid of this error but not successful still , i have exchange server 2003(sp1) with windows server 2003(sp1) and i have also installed the security patches for exchange server 2003 , plzz tell me how can i get rid of that error i am very much distuirb from this error plzz help me , thanks in advance regards ALI No cluster or FE/BE setup? Was it working at some point in time? Clean install? Is there an ISA server betw...

ROW AND COLUMN SIZE
I am making a form in the first 50 r&c's of varing hieghts and thicknesses....no problem so far. it is only when i want to copy and paste them (even directly below or next to!!!!!)....the newly pasted ones want to go to some type of default size. is there some way to lock in the cell height and width so that when i paste them they will maitain their orginal size? thanks bob In Excel 97, just highlight the row or column and then Copy > Select the new location > RightClick > InsertCopiedCells hth Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "Bob Hickman" wrote: > I am...

Size options for attached images
Hi, Using Outlook 2003, there is the new resampling option for attached images. I really applaud that innovation, saves time and space when sending images that comes straight from the camera. Really good. However, I miss a 800x600 pixels option. Is it possible to have that one? 640x480 is almost too small these days and 800x600 could be just right for a small sample. I have not found any settings for this function, neither size nor compression. Are those settings just hard-coded? Regards, -- Lars Forslin "Doing time on earth" ************************** ...

How would I adjust size for printing
Even though I changed the Adjust to percentage, it still prints to small. What am I doing wrong? Have you correctly set the Area to Print? Is there blank paper on the right side, or on the bottom of the page? Do you have 'fit to page' set ? (it should release when you adjust th percentage) What percentage are you using? - if you are trying 20% of 9 point i will look small, what is the font size that you have? Does the Print Preview also look small ? CynDel007 Wrote: > Even though I changed the Adjust to percentage, it still prints t > small. > What am I doing wrong ...

Upgrade MSPOS 1.0 to RMS Store Ops 2.0
Does anyone know of a third party utility to convert the MSPOS db to an RMS db? I have a client that wants to do this. Thanks, Don Check Retail Realm's import utility - I believe it can import items, customers AND history.... "DonInEP" wrote: > Does anyone know of a third party utility to convert the MSPOS db to an RMS > db? I have a client that wants to do this. > > Thanks, > Don Yes - Retail Realm's Import Utility has a finction especially for MS POS where all thedata from MS POS is imported to a new RMS database. Afshin Alikhani - [ afshin@r...

Microsoft Office v. X 10.1.5 Update
Good evening MVPs Checking the Microsoft Mactopia page I just found the new Office X update 10.1.5. It has great news for all Office Users: "...This update addresses several stability issues with PowerPoint�, Excel, and Visual Basic for Applications for Office�v.�X. ..." But it also has a note that sounds more like ... You judge: "... Note If you have not installed Microsoft Office v. X 10.1.2 Update and Microsoft Exchange Update for Entourage� X (Office v. X 10.1.4 Update), you must do so before installing Microsoft Office v. X 10.1.5 Update. ..." I have all the update...

Easiest way to get 3rd col = monthly averages, from cols 1, 2 = weekly date, data?
Hi all, I've got years of data of the following sort: 1/2/98, 55.0 1/9/98, 53.2 1/16/98, 43.5 1/23/98, 45.2 1/30/98, 64.3 .. .. .. (and so on, up to the present) I would like a 3rd column, with an entry on each row representing the last week of a month, whose value is the average of the data points for that month. Note that the number of weeks in a month varies. Greatly appreciating any quick & easy approaches, cdj Hi Rather than trying to do it on all the rows that are the last week of a given month, in column D starting at D2 enter 01/01/98 Format>Cells>Number>Cust...

How do I update from Excel 2002 SP-1 to SP-3
I am having problems with files that I send to people that are on version Excel 2002 SP-3. When they try to print it out the page breaks show differently then they do on my computer. The only difference we can see is between the SP-1 and the SP-3 but I cannot find a specific download for SP-3 for Excel 2002. Any ideas? Thank you. BrianR wrote: || I am having problems with files that I send to people that are on || version Excel 2002 SP-3. When they try to print it out the page || breaks show differently then they do on my computer. The only || difference we can see is between the SP-1 and...

Formatting making file size huge
I have a file with about 180k of data in I want to format the columns (about 20 columns) with background colour and borders, all the way to the bottom, but it changes the file size from 180k to 180M - is this normal? Is there a way I can have the formatting without the file-bloat? Thanks M Not normal. Excel 2007 Open a new workbook and save........size 7.65kb Format the 20 columns as you say. Save workbook.............size 7.83 5kb You have something else going on. Select the columns and hit spacebar then CTRL + Enter. Save..............size 70Mb Gord ...

Set RN = Range(Cells(2, 1), Cells(r, 1)) error
What wrong with this. It create error. How can I improve to get rid the error? Set RN = Range(Cells(2, 1), Cells(r, 1)) Thanks Daniel Hi Daniel, Too much missing information - has r been declared and what data type is it and what value does it have. What property of the range are you trying to store in the variable RN? What type of variable is RN and has it been declared. -- Thanks, Shane Devenshire "Daniel" wrote: > What wrong with this. It create error. How can I improve to get rid the > error? > > Set RN = Range(Cells(2, 1), Cells(r, 1)) > &...