Weeknum function help

Hello,

I am trying to show the current week and using this formula:
=WEEKNUM(TODAY())-1, someday it works, somday it doesn't (return "#NAME?").
Why is that?

Is there other alternative? Thanks

Hi,

The WEEKNIM function requires the analysis toolpak to be loaded in versions
priot to E2007 so I guess sometimes it's running on a machine where it isn't
loaded. To load it

Tools|Addins and check 'Analysis Toolpak'
--
Mike

question.

"Cam" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am trying to show the current week and using this formula:
> =WEEKNUM(TODAY())-1, someday it works, somday it doesn't (return "#NAME?").
> Why is that?
>
> Is there other alternative? Thanks

Need Help #2
I have recently fallin' on hard economic times, I would really like you all to send me donations so I may purchase the new Office 2003 Professional Suite next month. Please send funds to Excel Guru P.O. Box 321 Grosse Pointe, MI Thank you. What's the zip code there? >-----Original Message----- >I have recently fallin' on hard economic times, I would >really like you all to send me donations so I may >purchase the new Office 2003 Professional Suite next >month. Please send funds to > Excel Guru > ...

Help #5
Below is what I have on a spreadsheet. I need sum up the P&L values for each period (month) by counterparty. If the sum is positive it is an AR, If negative an AP. Anyone know a quick way to do this? Period Counterpart P/L AR AP Jul-05 Coke 5000 Jul-05 Coke 10000 In D2 =IF(C2>0,"AR",) In E2 =IF(C2>0,"AP",) Then highlight D2 to E3 and hit control d "Tim T via OfficeKB.com" wrote: > > Below is what I have on a spreadsheet. I need sum up the P&L values for each > period (month) by count...

HELP ME RESTORE OUTLOOK
I accidentally removed my Outlook e-mail program with the add/remove wizard. I know it's still on the computer, but just HOW do I get it back? HELP ME RESTORE OUTLOOK wrote: || I accidentally removed my Outlook e-mail program with the add/remove || wizard. I know it's still on the computer, but just HOW do I get it || back? If you used Add/remove then it's NOT on the computer. You need to re-install it from your Office CD -- Interim Systems and Management Accounting Gordon Burgess-Parker Director www.gbpcomputing.co.uk HELP ME RESTORE OUTLOOK wrote: > I accidentally r...

Help Creating A Formula #2
I need to make a formula for alook up. The first spreadsheet i inventory, the second one is pg 103 strapping. I want to enter the fee and inches for pg 103 on the inventory and have it look up the feet an inches on strapping chart and enter the appropriate gallons in column Attachment filename: p & g 101 strapping.zip Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=50210 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Help creating a script in SQL or Calculated field in Crystal
How do I take this script and manipulate it to give me one long string with static text as well as SQL data in specific positions within the string. Example result: Positions / Data: 1-3 / 173 (Static text) 4-6 / spaces 7-10 / "X_UPR30300"."YEAR1", (has to show up as 2007. Showing up as 2,007) 11 / 4 (Static text) 12-22 / "UPR00100"."SOCSCNUM" 23-57 / "UPR00100"."LASTNAME" 58-92 / "UPR00100"."FRSTNAME" 93 / "UPR00100"."MIDLNAME" 94-120 / "UPR00102"."ADDRESS1" 121-148 / &q...

Excel formula help #4
Hello! Can somone help me with this formula 2004:21-0-1-1-11 in this cell i wan't to get out "21" 2005:2-0-0-0-1 in this cell i wan't to get out "2" My result from the formula is "-21" and ":2-" is there a formula that i can use on both and get the result "21" and "2"? I want to add the together at the end and get the result "23" but with : and - i only get error. -- johhny ------------------------------------------------------------------------ johhny's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?act...

Linking text within Excel-- help!
I have a mailing list that I will be importing into Excel, and am trying to link the names on the list to invoices for those people on the list. Can I do this in Excel by using links? The Excel help feature only seems to describe links with figures (numbers), not text. e.g. Mr. Bill Jones, 123 Main Street, Middletown, OK 40404 (each word in its own cell in the mailing list worksheet) ....would link to a worksheet that had Bill Jones' name and address but also indicted that he purchased a $100 product on June 15 and his bill has been paid in full. My questions: 1. Each of the 300 or...

Seeking Improvement on excel function
Dear sir, I have one question regarding an "index" formular together with "match". I used to set the following excel function to pick the data from the database: =INDEX("database",MATCH("column argument","column range",0),"target column range"). One of key thing of this excel funation is "target column range", which only allow to cover ONE column only. My question: Is there any way to improve or change the above excel function in order to make "target column range" can cover more column ranges. I have also...

Formatting multiple object types in output from a function?
I'm stumped on this one, and have searched and searched for a solution or how-to with no luck. Perhaps it just can't be done. I have a function that may or may not return objects of multiple types. I've setup the type and formatting information for each of the individual types in format.ps1xml files, and when only 1 type is returned by the function the formatting works as I would expect. However, if two or more types are returned by the function, only the formatting for the first object type is applied and then the other types are displayed however PoSH deems ap...

Discrete functions: max and min relatives
Hy guys: here is the thing, let=B4s say column A has a list of 500 values (discrete function). Is there a way to identify max and min relatives in that list ? (of course, I=B4m not interested in max and min absolutes!!!) . I guess some type of criteria need to be done. The result could be something like: Colum A, Column B,,,,,, A1 A2 I'm a max rel. .. A40 I=B4m a max rel. .. .. A105 I'm a min rel. .. .. A500 One way, if there are no local duplications: in B2: =CHOOSE(2-(A2>A1)*(A2>A3)+(A2<A1)*(A2<A3),"rel max","","rel min...

need formula help
I'm trying to have a formula do 3 scenerios in one cell and have a partial formula working: IF(AND(G39>30, G39<=7),3000) which equates to if cell G39 is greater than 0 and less than or equal to 7 use 3000. I would like to continue the formula that if G39 is greater than 7 and less than 14 use 5000 and if G39 is greater than 14 use 7500. How can I do this? Hi, =IF(AND(G39>0, G39<=7),3000,IF(AND(G39>7, G39<=14),5000,if(G39>14,7500))) "tom" wrote: > I'm trying to have a formula do 3 scenerios in one cell and have a partial > form...

Formula Help #66
I need help with a formula. I can't figure out how to calculate for missing number. '05 we sold x units, I know we had a X% increase over '04 so what wa the '04 sales? Column A = '05 Columb B = '04 Column C = % increas -- bab ----------------------------------------------------------------------- babz's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2781 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=49307 '04 sales = '05 sales / 1.X% increase Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "babz" wrote: >...

Routines or functions to do conversions
I do a lot of conversions of different types most frequently involving measurements, for example from square meters to square feet, gallons to cubic feet, etc (sometimes involving unusual measures such as Chinese mu, a measure of area). Are there any functions or routines to do conversions? Also, if I keep constants such as SFPerM2 (square feet per square meter), is there an easy way to make them quickly accessible to all my spreadsheets or new spreadsheets? Thanks for any help Huck Excel has a Convert Function in the Analysis Toolpak. I use a handy utility called Converter, f...

LOOKUP Function #6
I discovered LOOKUP today and it worked fine until I made changes to the table of data. Now it's returning incorrect figures. Any suggestions? AC Sales wrote: > I discovered LOOKUP today and it worked fine until I made changes to the > table of data. Now it's returning incorrect figures. Any suggestions? --------- For LOOKUP() to work properly the data all has to be sorted into order first. Did you perhaps put an out of sequence value into the table? Bill ...

Header file help
Sir, I am presently doing an application work in VC++.I am doing the coding for "Virtual CD ROM Drive".In this I am not getting one headerfile i.e "#include<ntddcdrm.h>".In msdn you mentioned the path windows nt DDk which I am not having.I am kindly requesting you to provide this header file through mail. thanking you your faithfully Kiran. Hello, You downloads ntddcdrm.h from the following link, http://cvs.winehq.com/cvsweb/~checkout~/wine/include/ntddc drm.h?rev=1.3&content-type=text/plain Regards, R.Selvam >-----Original Message----- >Sir,...

keeping footer from resizing when using the fit to page function
How do I keep the footer from shrinking in excel when i use the "fit to page" option for my worksheets. I'd like it to stay the same size no matter what the font of the worksheet is. ...

Need help, pls, with contacts...
As I enter names in Outlook 2000, I would like their title to appear before their name in both the contact listing AND when I send an email.. example... Dr. Joe Smith... instead of just Joe Smith.. And having to click 'Full Name' to reveal the title of Dr. Also, is their a way to add additional titles to the dropdown list? I also deal with religious that use Sr. (Sister) and Fr. (Father), as well as Deacon... Thank You! -- B'Regards, Vinnie ...

Manual Sales Methodology -- Need Help
Hi, Here is my situation. We are trying to implement a manual sales methodology. Basically I have a dropdown list called "Sales Stage" with values entitles "Stage 1", "Stage 2" and "Stage 3". I need the values here to effect the sales pipeline and the sales pipeline report. The other issue is that a lead can advance or retreat in the sales cycle. Meaning it could go from Stage 1 to Stage 2 and then back to Stage 1 or could go Stage 1 to Stage 3 and then to Stage 2. I know I need a workflow setup (as just effecting the "stepname&quo...

Strange "button"
I got an .xls from someone and had to populate some cells with data extracted from the application database, which I did OK. My problem is the fact that the .xls came with something like a button (not created by me) that I want to delete, but simply can't. I can't select it, like I can do with the forms controls I'm used to work with, although it appears to be a normal command-button. What could that object be? And how could I simply get rid of that? Ok, I finally found the answer. "BEDE" wrote: > I got an .xls from someone and had to populate some cells with d...

border help
When I go to print my page with my border on it, it prints the top and sides but not the bottom, anyone know what I'm doing wrong? I have tried to change the margins as well but I get the same thing. On Mon, 30 Nov 2009 18:25:01 -0800, michelle <michelle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When I go to print my page with my border on it, it prints the top and sides >but not the bottom, anyone know what I'm doing wrong? I have tried to change >the margins as well but I get the same thing. See http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/BottomsDontPrint.htm ...

Missing Function in Excel 2003
Dear All In Excel 2000 I used to use a function called "MS Access Form" , which was located under the DATA menu. Since I have upgraded the Office version to 2003, I cannot find this function anywhere in Excel. This function takes a highlighted table, and makes a suitable entry form in Access to facilitate the data entry process Best Regards and Thanks in advance Ahmed Gaafar You need to load the Access Links Add-In from the Tools menu. HTH, Greg "Ahmed Gaafar" <elameen@intouch.com> wrote in message news:1c60a01c42218$270e3ae0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Dear...

Help with filtering
I am having trouble with Exchange sender filtering and Health Monitor Alerts. I configured my only Exchange server to block emails from *@mydomain.com to prevent spammers from spoofing emails from within my domain. Unfortunately this blocks the servers Health Monitoring Alerts because the emails are from administrator@mydoamin.com. Is there a was I can have my cake (blocked spoofed emails) and eat it (send performance alerts) too? -John Add administrator@mydomain.com to the safe senders list. -- Cheers, Bhalchandra, MCSE-Messaging "John" wrote: > I am having troub...

Will pay for need help and occasional advise on using excel ....
"sorry if this is off post ...will be my last" Thx in advance for your help and interest. i am an independant oil and gas consultant and have a fair amount of computer experience but, am absolutely lost when it comes to data bases .... i found a database online (in .php format) that contains names, addresses, phone numbers, fax numbers and email addresses of companies and people within the oil and gas industry ... i want to be able to utilize this db in excel so i can sort certain companies or people and use excels "mail merge" system to send them emails. ...

SendMessage vs function call
Hello, I wonder is there any difference in using SendMessage() and calling a function directly when in the same class, e.g. CView? // Anders -- English is not my first, or second, language so anything strange, or insulting, is due to the translation. Please correct me so I may improve my English! >I wonder is there any difference in using SendMessage() and calling a >function directly when in the same class, e.g. CView? They are obviously different but perhaps the most significant difference would be if you have different threads in your application. If you call a function it'l...

Domain-HELP
My question is: I have a domain (MOM) and two child domains (KID1 and KID2). If I create a user on KID1 or KID2 and place the mailbox on MOM. The problem is: the mailbox will not shown in System's manager but I was able to send an email to that mailbox without the email coming back. ALSO, the user's name will not shown up in the GAL. Help me here.... BJ: Check your RUS settings. If you don't know what that is, then that's probably what's causing this issue, so read up on it. You need to have RUS set up for the subdomains since they don't have Exchange servers. ...