Value list

i need help with making value lists in excel so that i can make my data base
consistant with the data i am entering

That's not much to go on.  What is a value list?  And what constitutes
making your database consistent with the data you are entering?  Post back
and explain in detail what you have, what you want to do, and what you want
to happen.  Some examples are always good.  HTH  Otto

"Maint Girl" <Maint Girl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> i need help with making value lists in excel so that i can make my data
> base
> consistant with the data i am entering

0
Otto

exporting excel data to create new contact list in outlook
I have an excel data file of 300 contacts separated out into first name etc and I want to send an email to each of them now and in the future. How can I do this without reentering all of the data? WhenI send information can I just have the contact group name e.g Conference participants rather than the 300 email addresses in the "to" box. This is what currently happens (not that I want it to) when I send emails using outlook groups. ...

Counting a single value in a cell?
I want to count how often a single value (the dash symbol) occurs in a single cell than rank it. Showing two examples, AUS-IAH/PTY-IAH/AUS is in cell A1 and AUS-ORD-LHR/WAW-LHR-ORD/AUS is cell A2. Cell A1 has 2 dashes and A2 has 4 dashes. Is there a way to do this? Thank you. =LEN(B10)-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(B10,"-","")) for data in B10 -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200789 "Greg" wrote: > I want to count how often a single value (the dash symbol) occurs in a > single cell than rank it. Showing two examples, AUS-IAH/PTY-IAH/AUS is in > cell A...

Issue importing pick list values using Import Wizard
-- Paul Croubalian VAR Sales - North America PARTpoint Inc ...

Pull value from another sheet
I have multiple sheets in my workbook. On the first sheet, I am pulling data from all the other sheets for a comparison. I need to pull in a commission level for specific group numbers. Here is what I need: Sheet 1 K3 is where my formula is. I need to match the value from sheet 1 B3 to sheet 2 I4. Then, if they match, I want the value from sheet 2 N4 to show up in sheet 1 K3. Another issue may be that on sheet two there may be multiple group numbers that are the same, however all commission levels for a group number are the same. So I guess I could go average or median if tha...

Send as dist. list?
Hi, I'm attempting to allow a group of users to send mail out as a distribution group and having some issues. Basically I'm finding that if I give an individual user account full control on the security tab of a dist list that they can't send, but if I add that same user to the domain admins group that they are then able to send as the list. What additional rights could possibly be needed to get this to work without making the user a domain admin (done in test environment obviously). I was under the impression that all the user account needed was 'send as' but t...

drop-down list #2
Is there a way to set up a drop-down list that shows numerous cells, yet only fills in one cell? (ie...I have a list of banks in one column and the account numbers in the next column. I'd like to see both when I pull the list down, but only the account number fill in when selected. Is this possible? -- Thank, Lori I am running Excel 2003 and it looks like drop down lists only show 1 column. could you do the application in Access, where you can show more than one column then use the menu option to export to Excel for further analysis? "Lori" wrote: > Is there a...

custom a list
Hi, In excel, I can type in a date and drag it. It will give me a list of another dates. For example: if I type in 11/1/04 and drag it, I can see 11/1/04 ( monday), 11/2/04, 11/3/04, 11/04/04, 11/5/04, 11/06/04, 11/07/04, 11/8/04 (monday). ----------------- I would like to have a list that will take out 11/06/04 and 11/07/04 because these dades are Sat and Sun. -------- May I use marco to create the list? or use custom lists located on Tools---options. -------------------------- or Can I put a calendar on Excel sheet so users can select a specific date? If you think that I can, Ple...

drop down box or list
how can I create a drop down box or list in a work sheet? I'm using excel 2000 any help appriciated thanks jerie Hi jerie See http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "jerie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0d4201c50104$44453390$a501280a@phx.gbl... > how can I create a drop down box or list in a work sheet? > I'm using excel 2000 > > any help appriciated > > thanks jerie ...

Excell Value Pack
Every time I try to load the Excell Add-ins from the Value Pack Installer, I get an error message that says "access denied." Does anyone know what to do? Larry Simonsen ...

creating data for values between 2 numbers
This is something that I have been trying to do for a long time and sort of gave up on it... but since the issue came up again, I’m going to try to ask for help again. I issue out forms, all with sequential numbers on them, to customers. These forms have lots of data on them like Name, License plate number, destination, ext. Right now with my current database, if I issue 1000 forms to the same person, and they are using the same vehicle, I have put all the data in the 1st form, save it, carry it over, and then change the number and save it again... and do this 1000 times unt...

Missing values for Modified_By in CustomerAddressBase?
Is it by design, a bug, or a config option that the CRM s/w does not populate certain fields in the rows of "children" tables? For example, why don't I ever see any values in the Created_By or Modified_By column in CustomerAddressBase, which is foreign-keyed back to (or "hangs off of") AccountBase? Thanks in advance for any help or advice. The Created_By or Modified_By does get updated everytime a record is entered into the corresponding table, in this case it will be a Account or Contact's Address under "More Address". If these values doesn't...

display var value
Hi, i want to display a value of a variabile, type into a textbox. for example num=1234 varx=763 if i type in textbox "num" i want to dispay 1234 if i type in textbox "varx" i want to display 763 who can i help???? On 26 mei, 11:57, Clax <claxc...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > i want to display a value of a variabile, type into a textbox. > > for example > > num=1234 > varx=763 > > if i type in textbox "num" i want to dispay 1234 > > if i type in textbox "varx" i want to display 763...

Wrong Values
Hi, Cell G23 in sheet "Cert_End" has the formula: =IF(VLOOKUP($A$3,Table!$B$14:$BD$93,ROW(A4)*3+3,FALSE)<>"",(VLOOKUP($A$3,Table!$B$14:$BD$93,ROW(A4)*3+3,FALSE)),"") It will look up the number from sheet "table" that corresponds with the value in cell A3 in sheet . At the cell H23, I have the formula: =GetTen(G23) where GetTen is a function that converts number into words: (98 in cell G23 will have Ninety Eight in cell H23). My problem is that I see the value "Ninty five" instead of "ninty eight". For some cells it works f...

Display a list of unique values from a column with multiple instances
Hi- I have a list in a column (column A) that has many duplicate values. I am looking to create a list of the unique values from column A into another column (column F). I just want to display the values from col A into col F without deleting any values from col A. From there I am planning on doing a countif based on the value in col F to see how many duplicates I have. I want to do this dynamically because anyone can add a new value in col A but I don't want to have to manually compare unique values in col A against col F to do the counts. Col A contains ID numbers that can be repeat...

find maximum value in range of fields
Hello Could someone advise/assist with the following: I have fields like the following: Badge Date 1 Badge Date 2 Badge Date 3 etc... to Badge Date 7 What I would like to have happen is when a new badge date is entered the badge dates would cascade -- dropping the oldest date and cascading badge dates -- ( i.e. Badge Date 1 would be the newly entered date - Badge Date 2 would be the date previously in Badge Date 1 - previously in Date 2 goes to Date 3, etc...) OR The ability to pull the maximum ( most current date) from the Badge Date fields. Basically I want to keep the last 7 dates fo...

Find Text in List Box
I've looked hi and lo for code to find text in a List Box using the Find input box in AC 2007. Finding text in the form works ok but finding it in a List Box doesn't seem to work. Can anyone point me to a web site or let me know what code I might need to accomplish this? Thanks, James Hi James, List and combo boxes are objects (controls) that have row and column properties. You need to find or write a routine that visits each column of each row in turn and tests for your search string. It seems to me this is a classic case for using VBA's OOP functionality. Design a class ...

Creating a fixture list
I have used a macro to gererate fixtures for a league but it doesn't calculate properly. All teams should play each other once, (ie 10 teams - 90 matches). I have used the following macro. Thanks for your help in advance. Sub leagueMatch() Dim i, j As Long Dim datacolumn As String Dim resultColumn As String Dim firstRow, lastRow, currRow As Long datacolumn = "A" resultColumn = "C" firstRow = 1 currRow = 1 lastRow = Range(datacolumn & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row For i = firstRow To lastRow - 1 For j = i + 1 To lastRow Range(resultColu...

My outgoing emails are listed as SPAM
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop This started a couple of days ago. I use Entourage for my business emails and whenever I send an email it's marked as spam. I don't have the same problem when I send emails from my online control panel or when I send my home emails using Mail so it looks like it's an Entourage issue. Can anyone help? In article <59bb2db2.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0>, <Janecomm@officeformac.com> wrote: > This started a couple of days ago. I use Entourage for my business emails and &g...

Extract numeric value from single cell #2
Thanks, thats grea -- Landyma ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Landyman's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=807 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26148 ...

restriict number of users in a group distribution list
hello the number rof users allowed in my distribution group at present is 500, i need to change it back to status quo . What can i please do ...

Showing value of other table
With a combobox it's easy to invisibly hold an ID_number and actually show the corresponding 'real' value that is stored in another table. In stead of in a combobox I would like this functionality in a text box but there is no rowsource property. Is this even possible with a textbox or should I use an invisible combobox and fill the text box with =cmbTest.column(1)? Thanks, John Consider using a Control Source of =DLookup(...). Details of DLookup are in Help. Larry Linson Microsoft Office Access MVP "Lars Brownies" <Lars@Browniew.com> ...

Global Address List Issues. #2
Hello everyone. I have yet another question. This is a good one. I have set up a dummy Exchange account so that I could share the address book that belongs to it. This makes it so that I can have a company Contacts Database from which everyone in the company can e-mail from. This is the issue. When I am sending a new message, and I hit the To button, I want this list to come up as e-mail recipient options. Can this be done? If so, what is the best way to accomplish this? Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. -- darylakagod A public folder would be a bette...

List of currency codes
Hi, I am working on aggregating revenue based on currency. Typically I convert everything to USD for my aggregates, but I now have a request from my users to aggregate on local currency whenever possible. I have worked out how to do this in my tool, but am looking for a way to determine if all entities are in the same currency. So simply put, I have a list of currencies and I am looking for a simple function that would give me a boolean response if they are all the same. I use the standard 3 letter currency code, so the list might look like: GBP GBP GBP GBP EUR In this case their is one...

all picklist fields were not listed in any view
after an update of crm 3.0 no picklist field is shown of any view changend over customized entities. Can anyone provide any help? Have you published the entity ? -- David Jennaway - Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP Web: http://www.excitation.co.uk "marco68" wrote: > after an update of crm 3.0 no picklist field is shown of any view changend > over customized entities. > Can anyone provide any help? > Yes, i have published all entities, but in all views noch pickup field data is shown. How does the views works?(e.g public view) I checked the database values and th...

Export a list of users in a security or distribution group?
Is there a way using Active Directory Users and Computers (or some other built in tool) to get a list of all users in a security group? I thought if I could use the filters to view only the users in the group, then I could right click on the unit in the left pane and select Export List. But I can't get the filters to work. I went to View->Filter Options then choose Create Custom and click the Customize button. Then I set up a custom search where the "Member of" field "Is (exactly)" "my group name". I really thought that was going to work but nothing sh...