Synchronize data across 2 sheets

Hi all

Excel 2007 Workbook with a sheet called 2010 around 700 rows/records and a
sheet called Previous around 5000 rows records.
Both have 31 columns and identical column headers

On the 2010 sheet there are records that have changed, how do I get the
changed records details onto and overwite the same record on the  Previous
sheet.

Not sure if it would help but each record has a unique reference number.

How do i do this ?

Hope this makes sense
thanks for any help offered

0
Dr

Hi
If you know which colums are to be changed I would use vlookup function.
Vlookup(lookup value, where, # of column,falsde)
example
A1 - unique code in your Sheet2
A:D-range of your data in Sheet1 (in column A there is unique code)
3-where data should be taken from
false-match exact
vlookup(A1,Sheet1!A:D,3,false)

After you update it, copy everything in Sheet2 and paste special values

Click yes if helped
--
Greatly appreciated
Eva

"Dr. Hackenbush" wrote:

> Hi all
>
> Excel 2007 Workbook with a sheet called 2010 around 700 rows/records and a
> sheet called Previous around 5000 rows records.
> Both have 31 columns and identical column headers
>
> On the 2010 sheet there are records that have changed, how do I get the
> changed records details onto and overwite the same record on the  Previous
> sheet.
>
> Not sure if it would help but each record has a unique reference number.
>
> How do i do this ?
>
> Hope this makes sense
> thanks for any help offered
>

> .

Thanks for replying Eva

Unfortunately i dont know which cells have changed data ,its different data
in different cells and columns. One thing that never changes is the unique
number each person has in column G
I was hoping that i could get Excel to look at all of the unique identifier
numbers in column G in sheet 1 and  then find the same identifier in column
G in sheet 2 and overwrite the whole row.
So if the unique number in sheet 1 is 1134 it will find the same number in
sheet 2 and overwrite the complete row.

"Eva" <Eva@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi
> If you know which colums are to be changed I would use vlookup function.
> Vlookup(lookup value, where, # of column,falsde)
> example
> A1 - unique code in your Sheet2
> A:D-range of your data in Sheet1 (in column A there is unique code)
> 3-where data should be taken from
> false-match exact
> vlookup(A1,Sheet1!A:D,3,false)
>
> After you update it, copy everything in Sheet2 and paste special values
>
> Click yes if helped
> --
> Greatly appreciated
> Eva
>

> "Dr. Hackenbush" wrote:
>
>> Hi all
>>
>> Excel 2007 Workbook with a sheet called 2010 around 700 rows/records and
>> sheet called Previous around 5000 rows records.
>> Both have 31 columns and identical column headers
>>
>> On the 2010 sheet there are records that have changed, how do I get the
>> changed records details onto and overwite the same record on the
>> Previous
>> sheet.
>>
>> Not sure if it would help but each record has a unique reference number.
>>
>> How do i do this ?
>>
>> Hope this makes sense
>> thanks for any help offered
>>

>> .

0
Dr

2 subreprots in a report
I have a report in which i have an existing subreport (sub1). The subreport (sub1) is in the report footer section of the main report. I need to add another subreport (sub2) to the main report. I triend adding it to the report footer section of the main report under sub1. However, i could not see the necessary data. I then tried adding sub2 to the report footer section of sub1 and i still cannot see the data. How can i have it so that i see the information in sub2 under that in sub 1 (which has its data under the main report data)? Thankyou, Radhika ...

rms 1.2 vs 2.0 #2
i'm considering upgrading from RMS v 1.2 to v 2.0 running 5 store locations with HQ. i have a trial version of Store Ops 2.0 that i've been testing to see what differences there are and really can not see where much has changed. i do not know what changed in HQ since i do not have that trial. can anyone fill me in on what improvements were made between the 2 versions? obviously i can not obtain support for v 1.2 any long which is a concern but aside from that is there value in upgrading, especially in these challenging financial times? thanks, jim Brad, You're right ...

Using Time in formulas #2
Frank: I don't want the user to enter them by hand. I want to use a formul to calculate the subsequent times. They would have to load 9 different lines. Staci -- SPenne ----------------------------------------------------------------------- SPenney's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=107 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26920 ...

Money 2002 Synchronization Issue
I'm having trouble finding any information on how to get around the synchronization issue that I'm having with Money 2002. When I try to sync it up with moneycentral, I get a message that I need to find the solution at MSN moneycentral, and that it needs a file in order to be able to sync up with moneycentral. I have looked and have not found any answers on moneycentral or anywhere else. Does anybody have any ideas? I am havingt the same problem. "adamjensendo" wrote: > I'm having trouble finding any information on how to get around the > synchronization ...

How do I merge similar data across different excel worksheets?
If you have a unique key value that's on each sheet, you could use =vlookup() or =index(match()). You could look at Debra Dalgleish's site: http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions02.html and http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions03.html MK wrote: -- Dave Peterson ...

Dynamics GP 10.0 with Framework 3.51 #2
I am installing a Dynamics GP 10.0 fresh install with SQL 2008 on a test server, and it is having problem in finding Frame Work 2.0 even though it is installed on the server. In the process of installing Dexterity shared component 10.0 it is failing because Frame Work 2.0 is not installed on the server. I have not tried uninstalling 3.51 from machine yet. I am wondering are there any tricks to mimic the installation to skip this check. Thanks, Vishnu Vishnu, You need to install Microsoft Dynamics GP 10 from the Feature Pack 1 DVD image (which contains Service Pack 2) as it is co...

access denied in CRM 1.2
Hey i have setup a new user and i am getting access denied. I hvae even put the user in all the groups just to see if it matters any ideas??? I am new at this crm... if i log into the server and type in my web address it works fine ...

Outlook 2003: 2 Users share 1 inbox, 1 POP/SMTP acct w/o Exchange Server?
My wife and I need to share a common Inbox in OL 2003. ( One logon at a time) We have seperate "contact Lists / Address Books" however we can share common In-Box sub-folders for saved email. We're not a business and I don't see a need for an "exchange server." How can this be done in Outlook 2003? It came with our new system. http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/share.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook &am...

Help to import data from reference workbook
I wasn't sure if this would require VB or not so I've put this in the General Question group. I have 2 workbooks where the first 3 columns of each row (after a title row) consist of an ID number, a North coordinate and an East Coordinate. Workbook A is complete in that every ID for our system is included along with the coresponding North and East coords. Workbook B includes a subset of the IDs and only some of the IDs have their coords in columns B and C. How do I import the coords into Workbook B without having to copy/paste a thousand or more times. Thanks in advance for a...

Presenting data from database
I have an idea to allow users to enter data through web interface but I wish to have output in Excell file, normal table with sum values or just data from database. What is the easiest way to make something like this ? regards Peter ...

Advanced Data Validation
Dear all, I wonder how can I type the first letter of a word in a cell which has data validation on a list of names. For example, the list of data is "Apple, Banana, Bicycle, Orange...". If I type "b" in the cell, the 1st word starting with "b" will appear i.e. Banana. Therefore I do not need to scroll the down the arrow to choose "Banana". Hope someone can give advice. Louis Data|Validation doesn't work like this. But you could use a combobox from the control toolbox toolbar to get this effect. Louis.kk.lam@gmail.com wrote: > > Dear all...

Crystal Reports Session Timeout #2
Hi, we are running currently MS CRM together with Windows 2003, IIS6 and .net 1.1, everything works fine, except Crystal Enterprise. At this moment everyone can see the list of reports but just or Domain Administrator (the Acount which had installed CRM) can open reports, everyone else will get "Crystal Reports Session Timeout". We have tried all Service Packs and Hotfixes from Crystal, nothing changes. In the Eventlog we can see just one entry which shows that something is going wrong: Event Type: Failure Audit Event Source: Security Event Category: Logon/Logoff Event ID: 529 Date...

Chart Question #2
Is there a way to show the differance between two data serires as a lable? ...

Copy data into multiple workbooks
Within the QA Master workbook, the boss will have a list of questions (criteria) that will be mirrored in all employee workbooks and the QA Template. If the boss adds a criteria in the QA Master workbook, I need to add it to the QA Template workbook and all employee workbooks so he does not have to go through 80+ workbooks individually. If you can provide the code to do this for one cell in QA Master and place it in QA Template, I believe I can figure out how to get it to the employee workbooks. Also, will I need to open each workbook in order to place the new criteria int...

delete mailbox #2
Dear all One of mailbox during move from Exchange 2k3 to Exchange 5.5 has error (during close the connection but not respond), now that mailbox already has a copy in Exchange 5.5 and also has a copy in Exchange 2k3 server. Then I delete that mailbox in Exchange 2k3 server from ESM then it now disaply with a red cross. But when I try to purge it, it prompt that it still connect with a user account; when I try to reconnect it another testing user a/c (without mailbox connected), it prompt that it already connect with a user a/c Actually that user a/c in AD is mapped to the mailbox already move...

Data available for plotting vs already plotted data
Hello -- This charting application has the following features: 1 - user can "import" a time series (into a set of columns in a worksheet); the app automatically adds a plot of the data to the chart 2 - user can delete from the chart a series which was plotted in 1; the source data is not deleted from the worksheet which holds it 3 - user can decide later to add to the chart a series deleted in 2 Problem: I want to present in a listbox the names/legends of the "imported but not plotted" series so the user can select one for 3 If I could use SQL in this app, the source ...

How to copy Contacts data on my Notebook's Outlook 2007 to Addres Book of Outlook Express on desktop PC
I have entered most of my friends' data on my Notebook's Outlook 2007. However, on my home desktop PC, I'm using Outlook Express 6. How do I transfer the Notebook's Outlook Contacts to the Desktop's Outlook Express Address Book? I use Win XP on both machines. I was told Outlook stores its Contacts data in a Contacts Folder, while Outlook Express reads only files with wab extensions and it's tricky to Import a Contacts folder to a wab file. Pse help. Thank you. "Jimmy Hsu" <jimmyhsu@tifventures.com> wrote in message news:fjrb5f$pn2$1@maw...

lost product key #2
My daughter's hard drive crashed, and when I found her office for mac CD to reinstall it, the folder with the product key was missing--we can't find it anywhere. Is there a way to get the key, or do we have to buy another copy of office? On 11/1/07 6:34 PM, in article 1193967252.616715.79570@d55g2000hsg.googlegroups.com, "faith.steinberg@gmail.com" <faith.steinberg@gmail.com> wrote: > > My daughter's hard drive crashed, and when I found her office for mac > CD to reinstall it, the folder with the product key was missing--we > can't find it anywhe...

Convert number in time #2
Thank you! : -- Megadat ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Megadata's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1487 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26506 ...

Insert data from a Dataset into a SQL Database
Hi guys my name is Ralph, i am kinda new to this so please bear with me. I have written a .net web service which accepts a stream of data see relevent source code). Public Function PutBondInfo(ByVal data As String) As DataSet Try Dim zh As New ZipHelper Dim sz As String Dim cn As SqlConnection Dim da As SqlDataAdapter Dim ds As New DataSet Dim xSet As New DataSet Dim sSql As String Dim mySerializer As XmlSerializer = New XmlSerializer(ds.GetType()) cn = New SqlConnection(&quo...

Lookup Data in external workbook
Hello: I have a worksheet called "PlantAnalysis". Column A has the "Item ID" and I would like to put the description in column B; starting at cell B3. I am trying to lookup the Item Description from an external workbook called "Item master" on worksheet labelled "List". Column A has the "Item ID" and Column C has the "Description".Is VLookup the recommended way to do this? Below is what I have but can't get it to work. Sub getdesc() 'Inserting vlookup statement to populate material description ...

MS Exchange Information Store service cannot start automatically #2
Hello I am working with a SBS2003 SP1, this morning when the users came in they were unable to connect to Exchange, I told them to reboot and even after they rebooted the MS Exchange sever cannot start. I looked at the event logs and this is the issue : The MS Exchange Information Store service failed with the following error: Event Type: Error Event Source: Service Control Manager Event Category: None Event ID: 7024 Date: 10/16/2006 Time: 2:38:07 PM User: N/A Computer: SERVER1 Description: The Microsoft Exchange Information Store service terminated with service-specific error 0 (0x0). F...

How do I delete cells in Excel without changing the data in others
I want to get rid of some of the rows in my spreadsheet but the data in the ones I am leaving behind are linked by formulas? As soon as I delete them all the data goes from the the others. Gemma, I may not understand your situation. An example of what I think you're saying is: Cell A2: A1+1. You want to delete cell A1, but leave A2 with the value it currently has. If this is the case, you need to copy A2 and the, using paste special, paste the value back into A2. This way A2 no longer has any formula at all and will remain unchanged when you delete A1. Art "G...

1.2 Proxy Dll and the .NET Framework 1.0
Is the version 1.0 Microsoft.CRM.Proxy.dll compatible with MS CRM 1.2 ? I've got an application using the CRM proxy running on the .NET Framework 1.0. I want to know what steps I need to take to upgrade the application to CRM 1.2. If the 1.2 proxy is required (which I assume it is) then I'll need to recompile the application - however from what I understand the proxy is only built for the 1.1 Framework. Can anybody confirm this? (I don't see any reason why Microsoft doesn't suppy a 1.2 proxy for the 1.0 Framework?!). Thanks a million, Anil Anil, I believe you should be ab...

Installation of Outlook 2003 #2
After I installed the program on windows XP, I tried to work in the program and this message came up after I clicked the icon. "If you are using an exhange server 3-mail account, you can cancel pending server request by clicking the Outlook Icon in the notifications area. Then click cancel requests on the shortcutmenu. Where is the notification area?? Thanks, Tommy Formerly known as the system tray. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer: Tommy Hawk <anonymous@di...