Switch First and Last Names

What is the excel formula to change John Brown to Brown, John? Thanks!

Karen,

Try this

=MID(A1&" "&A1, FIND(" ",A1)+1,LEN(A1))
--
Mike

question.

"Karen" wrote:

> What is the excel formula to change John Brown to Brown, John? Thanks!
Hi,
try

=TRIM(RIGHT(A1,FIND(" ",A1)-1))&" "&TRIM(LEFT(A1,FIND(" ",A1)-1))

"Karen" wrote:

> What is the excel formula to change John Brown to Brown, John? Thanks!
=MID(A1&", "&A1,FIND(" ",A1)+1,LEN(A1)+1)

"Karen" wrote:

> What is the excel formula to change John Brown to Brown, John? Thanks!

Find name of main form
Novice, Access 2003, XP I want to pass a control name to another application. The control is on a subform, but I don't know the name of the main form because the subform is in various mainforms. E.g. fsubTxt contains txtBox1. How do I find the name of frmMain and then pass the frmMain!fsubTxt.Form!txtBox1 Thank you You can get the main form's name by using Screen.ActiveForm.Name Jeanette Cunningham MS Access MVP -- Melbourne Victoria Australia "Peter Stone" <PeterStone@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:20BA9DE7-0107-46CB-96F8-591...

Changing name on windows e-mail
My windows e-mail hasn't been working.Still want to keep the same one I HAVE ON FACEBOOK. Please explain in more detail. "southernlady@att.net" <southernlady@att.net@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E674E4C3-6ED5-490E-82F1-22F43FA17256@microsoft.com... > My windows e-mail hasn't been working.Still want to keep the same one I > HAVE > ON FACEBOOK. Windows Mail does not have anything to do with your email address. Your email provider dictates what that address would be. Email providers actually provide you with an email...

Lookup by first names owa versus client
Our workplace uses Outlook 2007. When I use the client at work I have to look people up by last name (the ones in the corporate directory) i.e. I've type the first few letters of their last name for Outlook to complete the name. but when I use web access from home I find I can type in the first few characters of their first name to achieve the same result. What is the setting to do the same on client? Thanks ...

Amend user name at start of comment
Is it possible to amend the default user name at the start of a comment so that it also includes the date the comment was created? Hi Grev AFAIK you cannot change the appearance / default content of the comment field. Frank Grev wrote: > Is it possible to amend the default user name at the start > of a comment so that it also includes the date the comment > was created? Put In a standard module: Sub CommentNameDate() 'adds comment with name and date Dim cmt As Comment Set cmt = ActiveCell.Comment If cmt Is Nothing Then ActiveCell.AddComment _ Text:=Ap...

Compare columns pull unique values and first duplicate value
I have 2 worksheets: First worksheet, 1st column has department abbreviations, 2nd columns has the formal department names names Second worksheet, 1st column has abreviations, 2nd column contains department nicknames, 3rd column contains floor space by the floor for each department, 4th column contains the total workspace for each department. (I did a vlookup to sum floors) On a new worksheet First column compare abreviations from first column in other worksheets and return the nickname (unique values and first duplicate) and in the Second column return the total workspace for the departmen...

Cannot link from Excel to Word using named ranges
After installing SP3 for Office 2003, our users can no longer paste named ranges from Excel into a Word doc. The range is selected and named in Excel, then copied. I switch to a Word doc and choose Paste Special, then "paste link" as Microsoft Office Excel Worksheet Object. When I select OK, an error appears --"Word cannot obtain the data for the Excel.Sheet.8 link." If the range that I need copied in Excel is not named, then when cells are added or deleted the entire contents that should be linked in Word will not be correct. For instance, if the range A1:B7...

How do I get the AutoShape name using mouse in Excel?
How do I get the AutoShape Name (As shown on the Name Box) by using only mouse click? I would like to insert a lot of object, then mouse click to delete one, and it can be any 1 of 100 object that i have inserted. I have difficulty in getting the AutoShape/Object name by using code. What I actually trying to do is like 'right click' on the object then 'select cut'. but I would like to do it with a single mouse click. Perhape insert an macro will be good, but again, I have difficutlly selecting the object name. Could anyone help? Yumi, I'm not sure I understand y...

Rename Worksheet Tab as File Name Using a Macro
Hello, I am trying to rename a worksheet tab using the name of the workbook. Each code I've tried does not work. Does anybody have a simple macro to accomplish this? Thanks. -- Cue Perhaps assign file name to variable, then assign variable to Tab. Cue wrote: > Hello, > > I am trying to rename a worksheet tab using the name of the workbook. Each > code I've tried does not work. Does anybody have a simple macro to accomplish > this? > > Thanks. Sub RenameSheet() Dim myname myname = ThisWorkbook.Name ActiveSheet.Select Acti...

Can't open a file and save under a different name
If I open an existing file and try to save under a different name I get an error message saying the folder isn't accessible. The folder may be located in an unavailabe location, protected with a password or the file name contains an a / or \. These are not password protected files. I can save any other document and rename it (AutoCAD for example), but not in Word or Excel. If you installed Windows update KB885250 "MS05-011: Vulnerability in server message block could allow remote code execution", try uninstalling KB885250 in Start | Control Panel | Add/Remove Progra...

Pls disregard last post used the second amended suggestion from John

When using a WebBrowser as an editor how do I get the current font name?
Hi everyone, I'm using a WebBrowser that has had "contenteditable" applied to the body so I can use it as an editor. Does anyone know how I can get the font name of the current font so that I can preset my font combo box? Thanks On Dec 18, 5:04=A0pm, Joe Mitchel <joe.mitc...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi everyone, > > I'm using a WebBrowser that has had "contenteditable" applied to the > body so I can use it as an editor. =A0Does anyone know how I can get the > font name of the current font so that I can preset my font combo box? > ...

Reset/Clear Suggested Names
I like to use the 'suggest names in to, cc, and bcc fields' feature, but the large number of suggested names has become unwieldy. I would like to continue to use this feature, but I would like to reset/clear the name suggestions and start over. Similarly, I would like to reset/clear the previously searched words in the "Look For" drop-down menu on the Find feature. How can this be done? Thank you for any help than may be offered. Sanford For suggested names feature, you just have to delete the .NK2 file while Outlook is closed (i am assuming you are running the...

Finding the last invoice and receipt for purchased parts
This is really more of a SQL question. I'm trying create a query that will only return the most receipt POP invoice and most recent POP shipment for each of our purchased invetory items. I've tried using IV00103 but if an item is purchased from multiple vendors I get the last entry for each vendor. I've also tried working from POP30300 and POP30310 but the best I can come up with a listing of all receipts and invoices in reverse date order by item. Is there a way to query such that I only see an item once and see the last transaction regardless of the actual vendor, re...

Named Printers should be available for the Manufacturing module
Currently the Named Printers functionality is not available for the Manufacturing series. Named Printers would be very useful in a manufacturing environment, for instance allowing a picklist to print to a warehouse printer without having to manually change the printer every time. -- BrianB ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web...

Add Last Edited Field to Document
Hi, I would like to know if there is a way for a non-developer to add a field for "last edited by" to a visio document. I need something that would update automatically every time a document was updated. I found insert Creator, but what I really need is to insert UserName, but apparently UserName can only be used through VBA scripting. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Ron Unfortunately that feature is not available and must be coded. Al "rongleclair" <r1ec1air@c0mcast.net> wrote in message news:46csa0pttk4ko1hcvjhvuroqpp5tigv2rj@4ax.com... > Hi, > >...

Linking tab names
Is there a way to name a tab by linking it to a cell on the worksheet? I have numerous worksheets whose tab name corresponds to the title i cell A2 - I would love it if I could do a formula which would make th tab names automatically be whatever is in A2. Any ideas -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com right click sheet tab>view code>insert this. Now, when a2 changes so will the tab name. Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If Target.Address <> "$A$2" Then Exit Sub ActiveSheet.Name = Target End Sub -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donal...

CRM Report Names & Locations
It looks like the crystal reports for CRM are stored under the: Crystal Decisions\Enterprise 9\FileStore\Input\ directory Can anyone tell me if this is where the canned CRM reports are indeed stored (directory) on the server ? Also the file naming conventions. which rpt files correspond to which reports. Thanks Please ignore. Found Report Manager. JRM "JRM" wrote: > It looks like the crystal reports for CRM are stored under the: > > Crystal Decisions\Enterprise 9\FileStore\Input\ directory > > Can anyone tell me if this is where the canned CRM reports are ...

What function to select the last 3 small values from a list ?
Does anyone know how to select the last 3 small values from a list? such as a list {1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9} then reture the last 3 small value {1,2,3} Thank you for any suggestion Eric On Fri, 30 Dec 2005 17:31:03 -0800, "Eric" <Eric@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Does anyone know how to select the last 3 small values from a list? such as >a list {1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9} >then reture the last 3 small value {1,2,3} >Thank you for any suggestion >Eric The SMALL worksheet function will do that. The specifics depend on the nature of your list and the result specificati...

dynamic range name
Just wondering if there is a way to create a dynamic range name that adjusts it range as cells in a column added or deleted? Sounds useful.... If it can be done without vba! Bob See this: http://contextures.com/xlNames01.html#Dynamic -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "Robert Flanagan" <nospam@nospam.net> wrote in message news:uqJbiTmDKHA.1540@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Just wondering if there is a way to create a dynamic range name that > adjusts it range as cells in a column added or deleted? Sounds useful.... > If it can be done without vba! > > Bob ...

Remove Scroll Bars, etc on First Sheet Only
My Workbook has several Worksheets. It opens up on a Title Page from which the viewer can navigate to other Worksheets. Is it possible to remove the Scroll Bars and Tool Bars on this Worksheet only, thereby giving the Title Page a more pleasing look and not affecting the other Sheets? ____________________ Crime Pays... Unless you''re a motorist! Scroll bars are window properties not worksheet properties so you're kind of stuck. I think the only way to do this is a macro that fires when the active sheet changes. The macro would show scroll bars when you entered the title...

A formula that displays the last letter in a text
I frequently use text in cells. I use MID and LEN often enough, but is there a formula that will display the last letter in a text that will often vary in length. Thanks. Michael =RIGHT(A1,1) -- __________________________________ HTH Bob <MichaelRLanier@gmail.com> wrote in message news:0983e9df-8991-43ff-ab3a-09ee5450fbd6@a70g2000hsh.googlegroups.com... >I frequently use text in cells. I use MID and LEN often enough, but > is there a formula that will display the last letter in a text that > will often vary in length. Thanks. > > Michael Hi Michael =MID(A1,...

Print Footer with Last Print Date field name
How do you create a Footer to print the Last Printed Date and Last Revised Date? Its not as obvious in Excel as it is in Word. Hi this is only possible with VBA inserting this information within an event procedure -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Ted wrote: > How do you create a Footer to print the Last Printed Date and Last > Revised Date? Its not as obvious in Excel as it is in Word. ...

Looping thre named ranges
Using vb.net how does one loop thur named ranges in an Excel Wordbook? Thank you this code works in VBA, not sure about VB.Net. For Each nm In ThisWorkbook.Names MsgBox (nm.Name & " refersto : " & nm.RefersTo) Next nm -- joel ------------------------------------------------------------------------ joel's Profile: 229 View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/showthread.php?t=180631 [url=&quot;http://www.thecodecage.com&quot;]Microsoft Office Help[/url] As Joel mentioned the names is a collection which is part of the XL obje...

Need to stay on first sheet
I have an inventory database. I have two tables. One for people, TblPeople. One for invoices, TblInvoice. TblInvoice has invoice as a primary key (autonumber) I have a query that will create a new invoice number whenever I input a new customer number. Great. My problem. On the form, whenever I create a new number, it creates a new blank sheet (2 of 2). How do set it to not create a second blank sheet and stay on the first sheet with my new number (1 of 1)? EB On Sat, 14 Apr 2007 19:27:44 +0100, "e b" <me@yahoo.com> wrote: >I have an inventory database. I have...

Create Named Range for each unique value
Hi! All help is welcome here... Am really stuck. What I have is a list of room numbers. Many appear multiple times i column A, but it will always be sorted. What I need is a way to easily create Named Ranges for each group of rooms. (ie all rows with value 1 becomes one named range, rows with value 5 becomes one named range and so on) Range Name should prefereable be same a room name. Would like the code to go through column A and create ranges for each unique value. (could also have a "supporting" sheet with uniqe values if necessary) Any takers? If the valu...