Sumifs with data and dates - I can not figure out the dates

I need a formula for each item in col A that was added during 2010 only. the spreadsheet will have years of data.

   A                B
Expense	           Date		 Amount
Furniture	1/12/2010	 $326.00
Inventory	1/15/2010	 $250.00
Utilities	1/15/2010	 $98.00
Rent	         1/29/2010       $1,000.00
Rent	        1/30/2010	 $536.00

how can I Sumif with Critera in Col A and only for a specific year?

Gary

Silverlight, WPF, XAML and InnerWorkings Coding Challenge
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/f4a47ec1-33f8-4ac2-8bed-714745a97b3a/silverlight-wpf-xaml-an.aspx
0
gary

One way...

=SUMIF(B1:B10,">="&DATE(2010,1,1),C1:C10)-SUMIF(B1:B10,">"&DATE(2010,12,31),C1:C10)

Better to use cells to hold the date boundaries:

E1 = 1/1/2010
F1 = 12/31/2010

=SUMIF(B1:B10,">="&E1,C1:C10)-SUMIF(B1:B10,">"&F1,C1:C10)

Another way...

=SUMPRODUCT(--(YEAR(B1:B10)=2010),C1:C10)

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

<gary davis> wrote in message news:2010118205349alpine4133@hotmail.com...

> I need a formula for each item in col A that was added during 2010 only.
> the spreadsheet will have years of data.
>
>   A                B
> Expense            Date Amount
> Furniture 1/12/2010 $326.00
> Inventory 1/15/2010 $250.00
> Utilities 1/15/2010 $98.00
> Rent          1/29/2010       $1,000.00
> Rent         1/30/2010 $536.00
>
> how can I Sumif with Critera in Col A and only for a specific year?
>
> Gary

> Silverlight, WPF, XAML and InnerWorkings Coding Challenge
> http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/f4a47ec1-33f8-4ac2-8bed-714745a97b3a/silverlight-wpf-xaml-an.aspx

  You can create a pivot table and simply only turn on that year.

  Advanced filtering will work too.  I think that you can also use
grouping, but I do not know what version of excel you are working with.

  Pivot table is the easiest.

On Mon, 18 Jan 2010 17:53:46 -0800, gary davis wrote:

>I need a formula for each item in col A that was added during 2010 only. the spreadsheet will have years of data.
>
>   A                B
>Expense	           Date		 Amount
>Furniture	1/12/2010	 $326.00
>Inventory	1/15/2010	 $250.00
>Utilities	1/15/2010	 $98.00
>Rent	         1/29/2010       $1,000.00
>Rent	        1/30/2010	 $536.00
>
>how can I Sumif with Critera in Col A and only for a specific year?
>
>Gary
>

>Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice
>Silverlight, WPF, XAML and InnerWorkings Coding Challenge
>http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/f4a47ec1-33f8-4ac2-8bed-714745a97b3a/silverlight-wpf-xaml-an.aspx
0
CellShocked
1/19/2010 3:49:25 AM
Assuming you are using xl-2007

=SUMIFS(C:C,B:B,">="&DATE(2010,1,1),B:B,"<="&DATE(2010,12,31))

"gary davis" wrote:

> I need a formula for each item in col A that was added during 2010 only. the spreadsheet will have years of data.
>
>    A                B
> Expense	           Date		 Amount
> Furniture	1/12/2010	 $326.00
> Inventory	1/15/2010	 $250.00
> Utilities	1/15/2010	 $98.00
> Rent	         1/29/2010       $1,000.00
> Rent	        1/30/2010	 $536.00
>
> how can I Sumif with Critera in Col A and only for a specific year?
>
> Gary

> Silverlight, WPF, XAML and InnerWorkings Coding Challenge
> http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/f4a47ec1-33f8-4ac2-8bed-714745a97b3a/silverlight-wpf-xaml-an.aspx
> .

pasting chart getting source data from new location
I have a spreadsheet and chart of which I need several instances. When I copy and paste the sheet, the source data for the new chart is pointing to the original spreadsheet. My goal is to have a new sheet and chart that is independent from the original, however works the same way. New data entered into the new spredsheet will display on the the new graph. This functionality is by design but you can easily change the source of any chart. To do so, first click on the outside edge of the chart. Next, right-click on your mouse and select "source data". Finally, in the source...

Oldest date for Duplicate Cust. #

Date trasfer when importing emails to CRM
When I import old emails into CRM from Outlook they are tagged in CRM with the today's date, the day I imported them. Is there any way to alter this date once in CRM to reflect the actual date of the email? I believe your referring to promoting emails within Outlook. If so, please see this thread: news:5DF7B2F7-B5CE-4FF9-80E3-421D4FE5F500@microsoft.com -- Jason -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Eric" <Eric@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6CF94DF6-7659-4793-AF6E-439BB480DC29@microsoft.com......

Dates #9

can i download lxce serv.exe

Qrp Date functions

how many receivers i can add