SUMIFS using a text rage

I am still trying to make the conversion from 2003 to 2007.  In
particular I'm trying to understand the SUMIFS  since they are more
efficient than arrays.  I bring accounting data in from a database.
The accounts and department come in as TEXT values. I'm trying to sort
on TEXT ranges without having to convert to VALUES.

DEP

110	 60010 	 60999
110	 65000 	 65999
110	 70000 	 74999
110	 75000 	 79999
110	 80000 	 80109
110	 80110 	 81999
110	 82000 	 89999

 120 	 60000 	 60999
 120 	 65000 	 65999
 120 	 70000 	 74999
 120 	 75000 	 79999
 120 	80000	80109
 120 	80110	81999
 120 	82000	89999

When I convert the TEXT to Values
0
Ziggy

Use forms to append table
I have three forms. frm_Login, frm_FS_Driver, and frm_Trade_Driver. A cashier logs in using frm_Login, which contains several identifying entries using textboxes, then uses either frm_FS_Driver or frm_Trade_Driver to enter the days receipts for each driver that comes to her window. The driver can be either FS or Trade, not both. I want to create append queries for each type of driver so that the combined entries from the frm_Login and either the frm_FS_Driver or frm_Trade_Driver create 1 record in my tbl_Master_Data. I don't want to create one form with a login for each driver be...

different languages: text file for each language | method to add these text files to the items
Hi, a small additional question to using different languages in a sdi app project. At the moment I`ve created some satellite dlls - every resource has all dialoges included with different text strings for the buttons etc. It is working, but it is also very costly to update or add a new language... I hope there will be a much better method to do this - like importing a CSV file or a property file (like in Java)? Is this a common way to do that? Moreover if I import such a file to my project at the startup, is it also a common method to add every text string (depended on the sel...

Newbie Writing XML File Using datasets C#
Hi All, As a newbie to c# .net I' after some advice on how to write an xml file in a specific format from a dataset. I have successfully written a file but the structure is wrong. Essentially I have two datasets one containing Batch Data and another containing the Invoice Data. I need to write a file with the structure shown below. Suggestions welcome. Thanks in advance AD <?xml version="1.0" standalone="yes" ?> - <MyReturnData> - <MyBatch> <BatchNumber>123</BatchNumber> - <InvoiceData> <InvoiceNumber>1</InvoiceN...

Lots of text in one cell
After I click on File->New, Excel will begin with a default size empty sheet. If I type a long, say 100+ character, string into cell A1 then that text will visibly spill over in the adjacent cells. Is there a way to tell Excel to resize or redimension cell A1 so that my string completely fills the cell in a nice looking manner??? I basically want any arbitrary string that I type to completely visible and contained within cell A1 in a nice looking way. thank you Hi Tricky to do in a consistent, automated and attractive way. Excel doesn't do attractive on the whole. Y...

Missing text in Mail Message
When sending mail from Outlook 2000 (using exchange server) and sending to people outside the company, sometimes the messages arrive with text missing. This happens on a randon basis, but happens enough to be a problem. This did not happen when we used Microsoft Mail..only started once we moved to Exchange. ...

trouble using symbol p460
hey everyone, we purchased a symbol P460 scannner to use with RMS to scan inventory and maybe do some POS transactions also but am having trouble in installing it. can anybody please help me on how to start working with it. or when can i get some guide that can help me how to use it. http://www.symbol.com/products/barcode_scanners/barcode_handheld_p460_memory.html http://www.symbol.com/assets/files/P360P460.pdf http://www.symbol.com/services/contactsupport I would the best and easiest solution would be to contact Symbol on how to switch this device from batch to point-of-sale ...

How to merge columns and rows into one cell, besides using the Merge and Center icon?
Hello, I want to merge the columns and rows starting from A1 right up to J2; no lines in between as one whole cell. I have text data value in D1 and D2 respectively. Using merge and center icon can only retain upper-left most data only. This means that only the text data in D1 is retained, data in D2 is deleted. How can I merge the stated rows and columns into one cell and center the text within? Note: I�m not talking about any formula here) Thanks for any help. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages...

How to use CreateProcess to
I would like to learn how to use CreateProcess() to launch a dos application from a Windows application, running it in it own process and suspending the parent app until done. Any tutorials on this? Thanks. Take a look at the following KB article Q131775 - HOWTO: Access Child Process Exit Code from 32-Bit Parent Process -- Cheers Check Abdoul [ VC++ MVP ] ----------------------------------- "Mark F." <m7829@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:tZu2b.3924$_B.67993@twister.austin.rr.com... > I would like to learn how to use CreateProcess() to launch a dos applicatio...

Exchange POP3 using SSL
I am currently using Exchange 2000 for POP3 or SMTP connections. Is it possible to enable SSL on top of it for better security (prevent from being eavesdropped), like google ones. Or is it a new feature of Exchange 2003? You can use this feature in Exch 2K also. Ruban "James Wong" <jameswongkb@nospam.nospam> wrote in message news:%23s1J0yANFHA.2576@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... >I am currently using Exchange 2000 for POP3 or SMTP connections. > > Is it possible to enable SSL on top of it for better security (prevent > from > being eavesdropped), like google one...

Identifying numbers formatted as text or apostraphe
Using Excel 2000 ive a spreadsheet with the wrong end total. Looking at it, everything appears ok apart from the end total which is wrong. The cell that the autosum didnt count is not formatted as text or have an apostraphe in front of the number but excel is not counting this number. I opened the spreadsheet in excel 2003 and its the same but Excel 2003 identifies the cell as a problem (green tag put in the corner of the cell) as being formatted as text or has an apostraphe - it is formatted as number and does not have an apostraphe. Excel 2003 repairs it just fine, its just how is ...

Formfield Default Text Question
Hi all, I'm programatically adding some formfields, one of which I want to have some default text displayed , altho I'm having no problem creating the formfields and setting it's default text, i cannot figure out how to update the formfield to show this default text without resetting the contents of all formfields. A snippet from the code is: Selection.FormFields.Add Range:=Selection.Range, Type:=wdFieldFormTextInput oTableTarget.Rows.Last.Cells(j).Select With Selection.FormFields(1) .EntryMacro = "DeleteRow" With ....

Text Boxes on Charts not showing up

sumif #14
In Excel Office 2003, I am trying to use the sumif function in the following way [D2=sumif(A2:A720,B2,C2:C720)] to sourt my deferent business telephone call for each deferent number for a rang of data impoted from a cvs data file but it is not working, please help? ...

How to add text, i.e., " -- Week: _________" to the formula in this message?
Because of a unique but complicated requirement, custom formatting a cell with yyyy" -- Week: _________" didn't work anymore. But I fixed it by using this in the cell formula instead: =IF(A2<>"",TEXT($A$2,"yyyy"),"") (I was getting #VALUE! before I did this change above due to special formula requirements which this group helped out with over the weekend). This formula above gives me: "2007". Instead of just the year, i.e., "2007", how can I change the formula from the just "2007" to display the year _and_ so...

am unable to view or use sheet tabs
Trying to copy excel worksheet to powerpoint. Closed Excel program. Now am unable to see the worksheet tabs, let alone use them. Ditto for the original that was emailed to me when I went back with the thought of re-downloading it. TOOLS / OPTIONS / SHEET TABS HTH, Gary Brown "dazed and confused" wrote: > Trying to copy excel worksheet to powerpoint. Closed Excel program. Now am > unable to see the worksheet tabs, let alone use them. Ditto for the original > that was emailed to me when I went back with the thought of re-downloading it. tools>options>VIEW>sh...

Text boxes #2
I have created a series of workbooks w/20+ worksheets (most worksheet have a chart) in each one. The 200+ workbooks that I created wer based from a template. Each chart has 3 or 4 variables that hav trendlines. Then I have created text boxes to show (ex. the variabl name, % increase or decrease, R2 = 0.94, y = -7.39x + 1032). Now need to add some new worksheets in these workbooks with the same typ of charts. I have done this but when I go to reopen the file the tex boxes and the info in them for the new worksheets have disappeared. How do I get the text boxes to stay? I have had this p...

How do I use the PROPER function?
How do I get this to work? Hi you may try to explain what your exact issue is :-) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "kp" <kp@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:F8BB7154-D556-47F3-986C-837D0DB0E354@microsoft.com... > How do I get this to work? =PROPER(A2) Regards, Peo Sjoblom "kp" wrote: > How do I get this to work? here's a guess.. in cell a1 you have say new york city in cell b1 enter =Proper(a1) ' b1 then Displays New York City HTH "Frank Kabel" <frank.kabel@freenet.de> wrote in m...

Compile error using CTypedPtrList

Copy problem with cells which have Wrap Text property specified
Hi All. I create workbooks using MS Excel 2003. First I copy the data itself, then I copy the data formats (using PasteSpecial Formats). I copied a range of rows (1:23) and all the rows which have the Wrap Text property specified didn't change their height. I find the following explanation: when Excel copies the format of the row it also copies its height. I can change the rows height to the required by using UsedRange.EntireRow.AutoFit method. But when I do that, the rows, which have the Marge Cells and Wrap Text properties specified and user-defined cells width change their heigh...

publisher text to display hyperlink
Hi. Is it possible to activate the " Text to Display " field for Hyperlinks in Publisher 2003 ? it may be really helpful. ...

Can clipart be used for book cover design using MS Publisher 2003
Can I legally use on-line Microsoft Clipart images to design book covers for display and potential book sales on my person webpage and search engine display pages without violating copywrite? http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/tou.aspx See the EULA If you have a valid license to Office, you can use the clips: Personal items Business items, under the following restrictions: 1. The clip should not be used as a part of your logo. 2. If you are selling an item which depicts the clip, the clip cannot be the primary value of the item ( you cannot sell a clipart collection or sell ...

Using @SUM only when a cell is greater then zero
I have a spreadsheet that has a cell entry for every week in a year (52). Each week I want to put in the value for that week, and have Excel add the column only to the point where there's a value entered, that's greater then zero. When I used to use Lotus, I thought the formula looked like "IF+C10 > 0, then @SUM +c3.+c10". Any help would be appreciated Thanx Hi, I think I understand the problem lets see. Assume that your total is i A11 and your are totalling the figures in A1 to A10. You only want t input a total if the sum of these cells is greater than zero?? Then thi...

How can I complete a spreadsheet using macros?
How can I complete a spreadsheet using macros? The following is the scenario and request. 1.. Sheet 1 has been arranged to look like a form to enter data. A macro clears all cells before entering new data. 2.. Sheet 2 obtains data from sheet by linking cells from sheet 1 & 2. Some values are calculated in this sheet. Sheet 2 contains only one row of data and it is cleared when cells on sheet 1 are cleared (link) for a new entry. 3.. A macro to be run out from sheet 1 will go to sheet 2, copy the row, go to sheet 3 and paste the data as values only. I achieve the above sequ...

How do I use info entered into practice mode into production mode
I have a client who entered all their info into practice mode. I've backed up the database and tried to restore it in production mode, but it tells me it is a practice mode database. When I restore it in practice mode into a new database, then turn off practice mode, in the production mode nothing shows up. So none of the items that have been entered in practice mode show up in the production mode. How can I get this to restore to a production mode, or how can I hack into the database to manually change the items and other info entered to show up in production mode??? HELP! --...

using different colors than default in OL 2002 Calendar
OL 2002 SP3 Win XP HE SP1 Follow-up: microsoft.public.outlook Hi, Is there a way to have different colors in the calendar view than just the default? Can I control that separately than the overall Windows appearance settings? Tx. Hi, Click Tools Options Preferences tap Calendar options At Background color Choose color clicking the drop down arrow OK. Rgrds, -- DAVE "sat" wrote: > OL 2002 SP3 > Win XP HE SP1 > Follow-up: microsoft.public.outlook > > Hi, > Is there a way to have different colors in the calendar view than just > the default? Can I contro...