Sum If - 2 conditions

I want to sum a # field if the 2 conditions are met.   1 - the month =
February and 2, the $'s are sales

Data is like this

D           F                             G
Month   Measure(Sales)         Data I want to add

penguin77 wrote:
> I want to sum a # field if the 2 conditions are met.   1 - the month =
> February and 2, the $'s are sales
>

> Data is like this
>
> D           F                             G
> Month   Measure(Sales)         Data I want to add

http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions01.html#SumProduct
0
Glenn
2/23/2010 2:39:53 PM
In Excel 2007 you could use SUMIFS()  but SUMPRODUCT() works for 2007 and
earlier versions:
=SUMPRODUCT(--($D$2:$D$100="February"), --($F$2:$F$100=500),($G$2:$G100))
it would be more flexible if you had a cell to enter the month and sales
amount into, then you could write it something like:
=SUMPRODUCT(--($D$2:$D$100=X1), --($F$2:$F$100=X2),($G$2:$G100))
where X1 had "February" or another month in it, and
X2 had the sales amount you're interested in it.

You can also change the = test for the column F tests to >= or <=  or even
expand the formula to 'filter' by sales ranges as:
=SUMPRODUCT(--($D$2:$D$100="February"), --($F$2:$F$100>=500),
--($F$2:$F$100<=1000),($G$2:$G100))
which would sum data for all Feb sales from $500 through $1000.

Hope this helps at least a little.

"penguin77" wrote:

> I want to sum a # field if the 2 conditions are met.   1 - the month =
> February and 2, the $'s are sales
>

> Data is like this
>
> D           F                             G
> Month   Measure(Sales)         Data I want to add

parsing a date and time field #2

Money Central Portfolio #2

macro #2

merging 2 cells without losing data?

Statements #2

Macro

conditional formatting in excel #3

Sum amount if = 2 value's

Excel pivot table #2

Outlook Express 6 Spell Check #2
I am using Outlook Express 6 on Windows XP, and I have a problem with spell check. When you send an email, it says "spell check has been haulted, do you want to send anyway" and if I ask it to spell check, it says an error has occured in spell check. All my spelling options are correctly set, so I don't know what the problem is. Kimberly McNabb <knmcnabb@hotmail.com> wrote: > I am using Outlook Express 6 on Windows XP, and I have a > problem with spell check. Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup. -- Brian Tillman ...

Database #2
Hi I'm new to Outlook. I hear of an Outlook database in other threads. Is this synonymous with the ..pst or .ost files people mention? Does it corrupt often and if so are there tools to repair it? Regards Craig. There's a utility called ScanPST.EXE that will scan and attempt to repair the file. Yes, typically when a user says Outlook database they're referring to their PST file "Craig Roberts" <craigroberts@jkr.co.uk> wrote in message news:C4C8E141.211DE%craigroberts@jkr.co.uk... > Hi > > I'm new to Outlook. > > I hear of an Outlook d...

unique with 2 columns

host unreachable #2
hi, if i send a email with a wrong address or mispelled it, i don't get a message that the address, destination is wrong until 4 days later after being deletedj from the outgoi queue im using E5,5 sp4 thks Is that for all domains, even for Yahoo and Hotmail? Rick wrote: > hi, > > if i send a email with a wrong address or mispelled it, i > don't get a message that the address, destination is wrong > until 4 days later after being deletedj from the outgoi > queue > > im using E5,5 sp4 > > thks ...

Excel number formatting #2

Closing Excel #2
I have inherited an App desigend by an ex employee Sometimes the program leaves Excel in the task manager The programe uses various routines and calling various functions that define Excel sheets etc (badly named) I'm finding it hard to follow (my 1st experince of .NET) is there a way to KILL any Excel instence when exiting the program. I have come across some posts about GC (garbage collection) like this System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ReleaseComObject(oXLWsheet) oXLWsheet = Nothing 'System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ReleaseComObject(oXLWs) oXLWs = Nothing oBook.Clos...

hidden transactions #2
I have a problem with account balances: the balance for checking is way off on the hiome page than in the account register view. When I tried to find out why, I got some greyed out transaction when I went from bill schedule through right click to payee. This transaction cannot be changed or deleted, but in total all such transactions made up the difference in balance. Any suggestions? Oscar -- Elvart In microsoft.public.money, elvigor wrote: >I have a problem with account balances: the balance for checking is way off >on the hiome page than in the account register view. When I ...

Stats/PivotTables #2
I have to produce stats from data exported as a CSV file from a piece of custom made software we use here. The data displayed in Excel looks like this: 01/04/2003 05:31 Dr JESSICA STROUDLEY 01/04/2003 08:56 Dr JESSICA STROUDLEY 01/04/2003 11:16 Dr JESSICA STROUDLEY 02/04/2003 11:42 Dr JESSICA STROUDLEY 02/04/2003 05:31 Dr JESSICA STROUDLEY 02/04/2003 08:56 Dr JESSICA STROUDLEY 03/04/2003 11:16 Dr JESSICA STROUDLEY 03/04/2003 11:42 Dr JESSICA STROUDLEY I have to produce a spreadsheet saying how many examinations were done by a particular doctor over a certain timespan. Each date li...

How did I break the cell display limit? #2
If there is anyone out there who can help with this, I would be most most grateful. Here's the facts: - I'm working in a MS Excel worksheet. - I am aware of Excel's 255-character-per-cell display limit. (As understand it, each cell can hold up to 32,000 characters, but wil only display/print 255 characters.) This is a major pain in th petunski, as most of my cells contain more than 255 characters Therefore, most of my spreadsheet shows cells that look like this ###############. I have to look in the formula bar to see the actua contents of each cell. - In cell C35, I have 1,05...

OWA Setup Questions #2
Hi All, I am attempting to install the newly released owaadmin tool. My IIS server currently hosts 3 websites all of which are published to their own urls via host headers all of the sites are using ssl. When Installing the owaadmin tool, it creates a new "Default Web Site" as the orginal "Default Web Site" has been renamed. The new "Default Web Site" contains only the files and path names pointing to "%systemroot%\Program Files\Outlook Web Access Administration" what I am doing is removing this new "Default Web Site" site using the I...

backing up to a CD-RW #2
When i attempt to backup to a CD-RW, I am instructed that I do not have administartor's privlidges to do so. I have Windows XP, and I am the administrator and only active account. I have double-checked and I am listed as the computer's administrator. Is this a "Money" administrator, or computer administrator? m> When i attempt to backup to a CD-RW, I am instructed that I do m> not have administartor's privlidges to do so. I have Windows m> XP, and I am the administrator and only active account. I m> have double-checked and I am listed as the compute...

Comparing Workbooks #2
I have a workbook that has one worksheet in it with the following 5 columns: A B C D E ID# Inpatient Charges InNetwork Price Amount 1 500 Y $156 Y $55 2 500 Y $450 Y $225 3 500 Y $398 Y $125 4 502 Y $499 Y $250 5 502 Y $219 Y $99 It has duplicate...

Format Cells #2
Two questions for you all.. 1) How do I format a cell if the value is over or equal to 0.001 as 00Kg 001g? 2) if the value of the cell is zero how do i write "nil" in the text? I have looked at format cells, but can not work out how to do this. Thanks Andy I'm not sure you can do it within the cell, but in an adjacent cell try this =IF(A1=0,"nil",INT(A1)&"Kg "&(A1-INT(A1))&"g") assuming A1 holds your raw data. Ian "Andy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:278e01c5095f$7b2d8110$a50128...